The Final 2: Vote for your favorite!
Poll ended at Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:00 pm
Bulbasaur 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Charizard 75%  75%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 8

Ash's Pokemon Competition 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I wanted to do one of these so I hope it's ok. It's basically Ash's Pokemon competition. Any Pokemon that Ash ever had for more than one episode is allowed. Each round of voting will last either 2 whole days or after I receive 10 votes (if this becomes popular, I'll extend the vote limit). Like in similar competitions, you vote for your favorite (the one you want to have immunity) and your least favorite (the one you want to eliminate). The Pokemon that receives the most negative vote differential is eliminated and the most positive differential is immune for the next round. No Pokemon will win immunity twice in a row. If there is a tie for negative or positive differential, whoever got the most negative or positive votes will be eliminated or immune, respectively. Further tiebreakers will be announced if necessary. Here are the Pokemon that will participate(only Ash's fully evolved Pokemon as of the episode he was eliminated from the Unova League will be in this):
Ambipom (even though it evolved under Dawn's care)
Bayleef
Boldore
Buizel
Butterfree
Bulbasaur
Charizard
Corphish
Donphan
Gible
Glalie
Gliscor
Haunter (unofficial but I'll count it)
Heracross
Infernape
Kingler
Krookodile
Lapras
Larvitar (unofficial but I'll count it)
Leavanny
Muk
Noctowl
Oshawott
Palpitoad
Pidgeot
Pignite
Pikachu
Primeape
Quilava
Sceptile
Scraggy
Snivy
Snorlax
Squirtle
Staraptor
Swellow
Tauros (don't worry, Tauros only gets 1 life, not 30)
Torkoal
Torterra
Totodile
Unfezant

If I have to get someone's approval let me know. If not, I'll officially start this competition ASAP

Last edited by vaporterra on Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok so I'm gonna start this off anyway since no one said I couldn't. Hopefully people actually participate in this and this site isn't totally dead.

Vote for one Pokemon to get immunity and vote for one Pokemon to get eliminated
{ambipom}
{bayleef}
Boldore
{buizel}
{butterfree}
{bulbasaur}
{charizard}
{corphish}
{donphan}
Gible
{glalie}
{gliscor}
{haunter}
{heracross}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
{larvitar}
{lapras}
Leavanny
{muk}
{noctowl}
Oshawott
Palpitoad
{pidgeot}
Pignite
{pikachu}
{primeape}
{quilava}
{sceptile}
Scraggy
Snivy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
staraptor
swellow
tauros
torkoal
torterra
totodile
Unfezant

Once I get anywhere from 10-15 votes or in like 3 days I'll start the next round. And if hardly anyone participates I might do some multi-eliminations to speed this up.

Also here's my vote: Snivy/Muk. Snivy to stay for her epic sassyness. Muk for elimination since I'm sure he prefer Oak than Ash lol.

Last edited by vaporterra on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:41 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{pidgeot} / Snivy
Best birdy and I don't like him.
Let's start this ;)

Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Butterfree/Pignite

I cried when he released him, and I forever cursed pink (as well as an eight year old can), even though it was one of my favorite colors. / While I may keep up with the anime, I don't watch it any more. So I have no reason to like Pignite, a pokemon that I don't really care for in the first place.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{Pickachu}/ {Ambipom}

With out Pickachu, Ash is pretty much nothing but an annoying kid with a slight case of Amnesia.

Im really just not a fan of Ambipom, and out of the list given, is currently my least fav

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Larvitar/Ambipom
It's a rock. / Not much of an evolution. All it does is grow an extra hand.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny/Pignite

I have a thing for Leavanny (Resembles Gardevoir) / Just plain Ugly, with no personality whatsoever.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Pokemon Y FC; 0989-2247-7711

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{ambipom} / Pignite

One of my old favorites, and I loved how it followed Ash along to Sinnoh / Eh... I haven't seen any of the BW anime, and Pignite is one of my least favorite Pokemon, so...

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok Round 1 is over. We have a 7 way tie for immunity but since there are a lot of Pokemon, I'll give them all immunity. So with 1 vote each, Ambipom, Butterfree, Larvitar, Leavanny, Pidgeot, Pikachu, and Snivy are all safe next round. And Muk got 1 vote against him, Snivy got 1 negative vote, Ambipom got 2 negative votes, with 3 Pignite is the first Pokemon eliminated. Pignite gets 40th place.

39 Pokemon remain but 32 Pokemon are eligible to be voted in Round 2. Remember to cast 1 positive and 1 negative vote and explain your choices:
{bayleef}
Boldore
{buizel}
{bulbasaur}
{charizard}
{corphish}
{donphan}
{gible}
{glalie}
{gliscor}
{haunter}
{heracross}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
{lapras}
{muk}
{noctowl}
Oshawott
Palpitoad
Primeape
Quilava
{sceptile}
Scraggy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{staraptor}
{swellow}
{tauros}
{torkoal}
{torterra}
{totodile}
Unfezant

Now for my votes
Squirtle/Primeape

Squirtle because he has sick glasses and he was a cool Pokemon
Primeape for my negative vote because as soon as he was useful he left the show which really annoyed me. Also you don't mess with Ash's hat.

Please spread the word and get other people to participate. The more the merrier! This round will end in probably Saturday morning (depends on how busy I am and how fast people vote).

Last edited by vaporterra on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:01 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Bayleef/Muk
She was always me favorite, when I watched Kanto episodes / You only see him when Oak calls Ash, and Muk smell funny.

Resident shipper girl of Psypokes. Also writes noncanon fanfic, Forest of Secrets may not actually be worked on again, though. . . much too busy.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:26 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Bayleef / Glalie

I'm still holding out on a Meganium at some point, just as I was sure that Cyndaquil would evolve in the Silver Conference. Sure, Cyndaquil evolved ten years later than I predicted, but he still did. This has only renewed my hope that old pokemon can still receive some love, and Bayleef was among my top three hopefuls.

Glalie was the first pokemon that Ash caught after I actively stopped watching the anime, and it was completely out of left field for me. I still feel a bit wrong footed around it, and it doesn't help that it was dropped so quickly afterward.

Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{torterra}/{haunter}

Honestly, Ash's torterra kicks butt. Hes like, "No im not gonna be a slow land tortise, ROCK CLIMB".

Haunter.....he was in one episode. Thats it. Not exactly Memorable.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{haunter} / {oshawott}
He probably appeared in one episode, but he was epic in this one. / I saw two or three episode and I found it annoying.

Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:40 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Round 2 is over. Squirtle, Torterra, and Haunter each got 1 immunity vote but with 2 votes Bayleef is immune. Primeape, Oshawott, Haunter, Glalie, and Muk tied with 1 vote each. Since Muk is the only one from that group to receive a past vote, Muk is eliminated at 40th place.

39 Pokemon remain but Bayleef cannot receive any votes
Ambipom
Boldore
Buizel
Butterfree
Bulbasaur
{charizard}
{corphish}
{donphan}
{gible}
{glalie}
{gliscor}
{haunter}
{heracross}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
Larvitar
{lapras}
Leavanny
{noctowl}
Oshawott
Palpitoad
{pidgeot}
{pikachu}
{primeape}
{quilava}
{sceptile}
Scraggy
Snivy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{staraptor}
{swellow}
{tauros}
{torkoal}
{torterra}
{totodile}
Unfezant

To speed this along, until the final 25, we'll do double eliminations. So vote for 2 Pokemon to give immunity and vote for 2 Pokemon to be eliminated. Also continue to spread the word so we can get more people competing to make this more fun. Voting ends in 3 to 4 days

I vote for Pikachu and Charizard to win immunity. They're classics and they may be attention hogs and/or overrated but to an extent, you can't blame them.
I vote off Tauros and Primeape. I already said why Primeape should go and Tauros is definitely not one (or should I say thirty) of Ash's more memorable Pokemon

Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Snorlax-Gible / Corphish-Glalie

I've always liked Ash's Snorlax, even if he is more of an auxiliary pokemon, rather that one that is practical to travel with. I always like to see Ash bring him out. Gible has a lot of potential, although we won't ever see it if he isn't brought through a full region, like Phanpy or Aipom. I was worried that Gible would be given to Iris, though, near the beginning of Best Wishes.

I'm just not a fan of Ash's Hoenn team, period. Sceptile is the only Hoenn-caught pokemon that I like, in fact. Well, maybe Swellow, as well, but to me, Hoenn seems to have been his weakest team. To be fair, though, he did start Johto with his Kanto team, and had filtered them out by the end, but I still don't care much for the Hoenn team.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{torterra}+{pickachu}/ {Haunter}/ {unfezant}

Awesome "not so slow" tank and The one "without this guy his is pretty much nothing" Pokemon.

The One episode appearer and the least dramatic of the bird Pokemon Ash has.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny-Noctowl / Glalie-Squirtle

I already said Why I like Leavanny, and Noctowl is a boss shiny with the Psychic Typage, so Duh, I vote for him. / I wish it where Froslass, though it might be strange for Ash to have a more feminime Pokemon like that... I'm not sure why, but I just dislike Squirtle. Bulbasaur I liked much better, and it kinda just discouraged me from liking Squirtle much... somehow.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Since Pikachu was the only one to get more than 1 immunity vote, Pikachu is the only immune Pokemon this time. Glalie is automatically out with 2 votes. Squirtle, Haunter, Unfezant, Corphish, Tauros and Primeape were tied with 1 negative vote so I took into account past votes received. That left Haunter and Primeape tied. Since Primeape was officially caught by Ash and was around for a few more episodes, I'm eliminating Haunter. Glalie gets 39th place and Haunter gets 38th place.

37 Pokemon remain. Pikachu is immune so you have 36 options to vote for
{ambipom}
{bayleef}
Boldore
{buizel}
Bulbasaur
{butterfree}
{charizard}
{corphish}
{donphan}
{gible}
{gliscor}
{heracross}
{infernape}
{kingler}
Krookodile
Lapras
{larvitar}
Leavanny
{noctowl}
Oshawott
Palpitoad
{pidgeot}
Primeape
{quilava}
{sceptile}
Scraggy
Snivy
{snorlax}
{squirtle}
{staraptor}
Swellow
{tauros}
Torkoal
{torterra}
{totodile}
Unfezant

Once again vote for 2 Pokemon to be immune next round and vote for 2 Pokemon to be eliminated. Explanations help :) And how come only 4 people including me voted last time? Let's hope to get at least 7 or 8 voters next round. Let's go :) This next round ends in 2-3 days

Immunity vote: Snorlax and Heracross since they're cool Pokemon that were fun to watch when they had airtime
Elimination vote: Gliscor and Tauros since Gliscor wasn't important enough for us to know where it went after the Sinnoh League and Tauros is not one of the Ash's key Pokemon

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Charizard - Bulbasaur / Tauros - Ambipom

It's a dragon. Dragons are cool - Bulbasaur was my first Pokemon and really the only other one I like in this round. / I've never seen ash actually use Tauros - I don't like Ambipom because it's a crappy evolution. The only real difference visually is 2 tails instead of one.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Quote:
Since Primeape was officially caught by Ash and was around for a few more episodes, I'm eliminating Haunter.

Number of episodes Haunter appeared in: two. The Tower of Terror (debut) and Haunter vs. Kadabra (departure).

Number of episodes Primeape appeared in: two. Primeape Goes Bananas (debut) and The Punchy Pokemon (departure). The only difference was that it had three episodes of not existing in between. Kanto's planning and pacing was atrocious.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Charizard - Butterfree / Ambipom - Torkoal

Charizard and Butterfree are two of the revered favorites from my childhood.

I never liked Aipom, its smile freaked me out when I was younger, and I never cared for its evolution. I did not appreciate Ash catching one. And, again, I do not care much for Ash's Hoenn team.

Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:28 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Leavanny - Bayleef / Ambipom - Squirtle

Same reasons, plus, it has a benevolent personality that I just now noticed and like. - Childhood favorite / Ugly, looked better unevolved - Still dislike without cause.

Last edited by CuteKirlia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah Primeape was in Ash's possession for more episodes and at least had some appearances in thoughts/flashbacks, most notably recently in the current season when Ash was thinking about his memories of Charizard. Plus Primeape was physically caught instead of just following Ash around temporarily.

Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Charizard, bayleef /Ambipom, oshawott

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{charizard}+{torterra}/ {bayleaf}/{ambipom}

Two of Ash's most BAD ______ Pokemon. If he did have Pickachu, one of these two would be the one to make him "Ash".

Honestly, Not a fan of MOST grass types, and this is one of them.
Ambipom.......Yeah.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 168 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next