It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 NAME MY GEN- Elimination 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As some of you may know, I am writing up my own Gen in the Pokemon Center Sub-Forum. Its coming along well, but there's one
SLIGHT problem:

I CANT COME UP WITH A NAME!

So now I turn to my Fellow Psypokians for help. I will be offering 100 psybucks to the winner of the winning name!

Rules:

1) All Forum Rules must be followed.
2) One name PER USERNAME.
3) Please include the following information:

NAME: (Not your name, but the region name)
EXPLANATION OF THE MAKE UP OF THE NAME: (As in, what words make up the name? IS the an Italian influence? Spanish?)
REASONING: (Why you chose this name/ How you came up with it)

4) When Voting begins, Each person will have one vote. They may vote one name up and one name down. The name with the least amount of votes will be eliminated. The winning name will receive a (I) in front of its name, but NOT immunity. Each round will last 48 hours (About that).

4b) If a name receives 4 (IIII), it will AUTOMATICALLY WIN. Winner will receive 100 psybucks.

5) If no Name goes to Auto Win, we will continue until we have 4 names left, it will then go to a poll. Winner of the poll after a week, will receive 100 psybucks.

Information on my region can be seen here:

http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30858

However the basic explanation is:

The region was once whole, However after a massive war over ideals, The region was split apart into 2 Islands. The left Island is more technological , while the right Island is more "Au natural".

Entries will be open for ONE WEEK. After which the elimination will begin.

DragoBoy wrote:
I have an idea for the region's name: Famor (fa-more)
-from the latin rimor and fatum
-they mean split (verb) and destiny (noun)
-used to show that the two islands that were once one split apart to follow their own destinies.
N.B. I got the words off of Google translate so they may not be accurate.

DragoBoy Originally posted this in my Gen thread Before I started here, His region name shall also be entered here. AND if no else enters, I guess he auto wins.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Schismia.
From the greek σχίσμα (pronounced shisma). It means complete division between two ideas.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:37 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I would like to put two in. But I can't so...

The one I would like to automatically put in.

Fysiologia

It is the merge of the two translations of Natural and Technology. Fysi being the first part of The Greek pronounciation of Natural. Ologia being the last part of the Greek pronounciation of Technology. Hence Fysiologia

Pronounced:
Phisi-O-low-G-a

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Erm....Well its been a week.....and it doesnt look like there's been much interest. In my opinion this thread died, and as such, wont be going to Poll. No Point trying to keep it going.

Id Like to thank those that posted a name, and as such, I will be giving each person 50 Psybucks as Compensation.

My idea's for my Gen are still going strong, so feel free to check that out.

If a Mod See's this, Please lock this thread.

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]