It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Battle Royale 2 - Round 2 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Unsponsor - {xatu}

{kabutops} : Value - 2001

Nothing to see here nope nothing at all

Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So, my ISP is being a douchehead. Earlier, we couldn't even access our internet. I'll have to rely on my phone's internet until I can find a way around this.
This means that I'll be less responsive than usual.
Sorry DP.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I will no longer be accepting any further bids on sponsored Pokemon, however, if you haven't sponsored yet and wish to, you can sponsor 1 unseeded Pokemon only, and you may do so before I reveal the bracket. You cannot outbid, or place values during this stage. (ie, first come first served basis).

Unfortunately for DragoBoy, he will only enter this tournament with two sponsored Pokemon thanks to twistedturtwig's strategic timing. :o

WHAT HAPPENS NOW?
Thanks to http://www.random.org/lists/ (who has written out a RNG script for me) I have generated a bracket that I will reveal tomorrow. The first round will be in groups of 4, with only 1 Pokemon advancing from each match. Take a look at http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8697/baseol.png for an example of how things will pan out.

After I reveal the full bracket, I will explain ROUND 1 rules, together with an example, and I'll probably start the tournament the day after.

Final list, updated through to Haunted Water's post:

SPONSORED POKEMON:
[1] Typhlosion
[2] Mewtwo (mudkip mistress)
[3] Scizor (ChillBill)
[4] Dragonite (JsXtm)
[5] Mew (Joe the Conqueror)
[6] Tyranitar (DragoBoy)
[7] Ledian (Dare234)
[8] Heracross (Cherrygrove)

[9] Zapdos
[10] Aerodactyl (twistedturtwig)

[11] Kingdra
[12] Snorlax (Wailord_2)

[13] Starmie
[14] Articuno (GhostPony750)
[15] Scyther
[16] Umbreon (Eeveelution-Master)
Meganium (GhostPony750)
Blissey (GhostPony750)
Gyarados (ChillBill)
Vaporeon (ChillBill)
Espeon (Eeveelution-Master)
Eevee (Eeveelution-Master)
Shuckle (DragoBoy)
Crobat (James86134)
Quilava (James86134)
Sneasel (James86134) **
Donphan (Dare234)
Ampharos (Dare234)
Kabutops (twistedturtwig) **
Politoed (twistedturtwig)
Mantine (Cherrygrove)
Lanturn (Cherrygrove)
Ditto (Wailord_2)
Porygon (Wailord_2)
Flareon (mudkip mistress)
Snubbull (mudkip mistress)
Pineco (Joe the Conqueror)
Magikarp (Joe the Conqueror)
Cyndaquil (JsXtm)
Steelix (JsXtm)

(if sponsoring, can only choose 1 of the following:)
CURRENTLY FREE:
Scyther, Rhyhorn, Raikou, Suicune, Bayleef, Forretress, Porygon2, Flaaffy, Hitmontop, Lapras, Tauros, Chinchou, Kangaskhan, Electabuzz, Ariados, Moltres, Unown, Rhydon, Skarmory, Houndoom, Lugia, Pinsir, Jolteon, Feraligatr, Xatu.

BIDS:
twistedturtwig needs to pay 2001 PB
James86134 needs to pay 25PB.
If you don't pay whatever value you placed on your Pokemon, unfortunately I will have to drop your sponsor status and you will not be able to re-sponsor another Pokemon. I will send out PMs reminding you all, if I haven't received payment. Can this be done ASAP as I won't release the draws until this is completed. (Yeah I've already done the draws...)

"May the odds be ever in your favour..."

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:59 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

lol TT what a steal

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:56 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When I finally get to check here, I find out that tt stole Kabutops from me while I was sleeping and now I only have 2 Pokémon.
Although to be honest, I saw this coming. I was going to up my sponsorship to 3000 tonight, but it ended sooner than I thought it would.
Stupid time zones.

And can I please sponsor Ariados? Pretty please?

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:28 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Twisted, you stole from Chill, didnt you?

Anyway, I'll pay out in a sec.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nope, I stole from Drago, not Chill.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

THE KNOCKOUT BRACKETS:

Each Pokemon are split up into 4 different quarters, based on their seedings. The seeds all avoid each other in the first round.

NORTH QUARTER | EAST QUARTER | SOUTH QUARTER | WEST QUARTER

The winners of each quarter are all semifinalists, and the semifinals bracket will be redrawn. (aka: NORTH vs EAST, then SOUTH vs WEST)

ROUND 1 EXAMPLE
Since round 1 matches are in groups of 4 as opposed to 1v1, there are some round specific rules for these matches only.

ARENAS: Each match will be played on different TYPE ARENAS. This means that certain Pokemon will be given advantages, depending on their types. For example, a match might be between Venusaur, Flygon, Muk and Breloom. They're to be battling it on on the GROUND ARENA. Prior to the match, advantages/disadvantages will be applied to them. Venusaur, taking neutral damage, starts off on +0, Flygon has immunity to Ground (through its ability Levitate) so starts on +3, Muk has a weakness so starts on -1, and Breloom has a resistance so starts on +1. If, say, Magnemite was also in that group, because of the double weakness to ground, he would start on -2. Typically however, I will figure this all out.

So to get your Pokemon through to the next round, you have to vote for them through! This can be done simply by posting in the topic, (hopefully together with your reasons!) The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of a certain timeframe will advance to the next round. :o Remember that if you have sponsored a Pokemon, a vote for them becomes +3 instead of +1. I think about 4 matches will be running at once.

The arenas will be chosen at random (and once an arena has been played on, it won't be used for the remainder of Round 1), and also we will be running 4 matches at once.

EXTRA VOTES:
Typically, everyone gets one vote each, however you will be able to buy extra votes. These can be bought via the Psybucks system, at 20PB for extra/anonymous votes. You must pay before the votes are counted. These are capped at 100PB per Pokemon for Round 1. This must be done through PM and not this thread, to myself. (Triple sponsor vote values do not apply for extra votes).

I'll leave this thread open for about a day for questions, before I start the first round. In the meantime.. are you happy with your draw? Who do you think is your biggest threat? Having taken a look at the bracket, do you think you have what it takes to be the sponsor of the winner of the second Battle Royale? :o

UPCOMING MATCHES
B01: Shuckle vs [16] Umbreon vs Jolteon vs Lanturn
B02: Donphan vs Moltres vs [1] Typhlosion vs Houndoom
B03: [8] Heracross vs Espeon vs Xatu vs Rhyhorn
B04: Porygon2 vs Lapras vs Porygon vs [9] Zapdos

DragoBoy wrote:
When I finally get to check here, I find out that tt stole Kabutops from me while I was sleeping and now I only have 2 Pokémon.
Although to be honest, I saw this coming. I was going to up my sponsorship to 3000 tonight, but it ended sooner than I thought it would.
Stupid time zones.

And can I please sponsor Ariados? Pretty please?

:cry: I want to let you because you asked so nicely, but I have to let the integrity of the sponsorship period take place so unfortunately no.

Last edited by DragonPhoenix on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have a question. For some of the pokemon on the bracket it says HD or WC next to them what does that mean?

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

They're just markers for Pokemon who either got through Wildcard rounds, or Pokemon that HW/I chose as part of Host's Discretion choices. I just thought I'd mark them because all of these Pokemon very nearly didn't make the maindraw... so it'd be interesting to track their progress ;)

Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well this sucks, Ampharos vs. Ledian in the first round :cry:

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:05 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Dare, at least you don't have all three sponsors in the same quarter...

TIME TO SPAM EVERY THREAD TO GET ENOUGH PSYBUCKS TO BUY SNEASEL THROUGH THE GAME... Derp.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok so... we can start :o :o!!

In a not too far future, Pokemon tried to rebel against their human trainers, vowing to be free of their slavery, whilst in turn attempting to slaughter millions of humans. In retaliation, a cross species war sparked, and when the humans won, they implemented the BATTLE ROYALE, to make sure that no rebellion would happen again. 142 Pokemon are chosen, and are left to battle it out to the death. The Pokemon must now rely on their skills, their smarts and their charisma, to win back the affection of spectators, who may sponsor selected Pokemon, which will increase their chances of survival. Who will be left remaining at the end of the second BATTLE ROYALE? Join us, in our live show, as we give you the best possible coverage, of everything happening in the arena.

Hey everyone and welcome to the FIRST ROUND MATCHES for the Battle Royale competition! Things are finally going to get interesting, and the only way to get your favourite through is to vote vote and vote for them! Lobby your friends, get the support happening, because when things get tough... your Pokemon will need all the help they can get in the battle arenas.

ROUND 1 MATCHES:
BATTLE 1
SHUCKLE V [16] UMBREON V JOLTEON V LANTURN
Fight Arena

COMMENTARY: Tough break for the 16th seed Umbreon here! As a dark type he won't be too pleased with the Aura Spheres and Mach Punches that will no doubt be flurrying around this arena! He'll start off the competition on the back pedal, but I have complete faith he'll bounce back up. He'll be competing against his thunder brother Jolteon for a place in the second round. But how will Jolteon fare? Let's not all forget that he's only in the competition because Haunted Water thought he would be a great second chance candidate. Will the lightning quick eon make the most of this opportunity? Or will it be the ever defensive Shuckle who gets through? Personally, I'm a big fan of Lanturn in this battle: the versatile bolt beamer has gotten me out of tough situations before so there's no reason why he can't get through this one!

EXPECTED: [16] UMBREON
THIS GUY MIGHT HAVE A TON OF CLOSET FANS: Lanturn

BATTLE 2
DONPHAN V MOLTRES V [1] TYPHLOSION V HOUNDOOM
Dark Arena

COMMENTARY: Everyone get your torches ready because it's going to be a dark affair this one! Top seed Typhlosion will be furious and ready to pounce - he couldn't muster a sponsor during the bidding stages so he'll be flaring up, hoping to attract one in time for the Round 2 battles! But the big question: will he even get there? Last year's top seed Gengar faltered at the first round, will big old Typho be following in his footsteps? He'll certainly be envious of Donphan, who DID get a sponsor. Fire powerhouses Moltres will be glad he's not in the rock arena today - whilst Houndoom picks up a handy 1 vote berth thanks to his dark resistance.

EXPECTED: [1] TYPHLOSION
INITIAL ADVANTAGE COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE FOR: Houndoom

BATTLE 3
[8] HERCROSS V ESPEON V XATU V RHYHORN
Fire Arena

COMMENTARY: Heracross has got huge potential to go far in this competition but it's not looking good for him so far - being in the fire arena means he must be super wary of flames and embers crisping up his wings. He's gotta rely on his skills if he wants to attract more votes. And it's not easy going up against Espeon and Xatu, two psychics who will feel very familiar with parts of the crowd, especially those from the Psychic Pokemon connection! Rhyhorn I feel might be a weaker link in this group - but let's not disregard that he starts off with a handy 1 vote advantage. Will this be enough to get him through? Only time will tell!

EXPECTED: [8] HERACROSS
SHOULD FINISH SECOND: Espeon

BATTLE 4
PORYGON V LAPRAS V PORYGON2 V [9] ZAPDOS
Ghost Arena

COMMENTARY: You guys don't get scared easily do you...? You better have your spines in when spectating this match, because this match is gonna be played out in the ghost arena! Shadow Balls, Hex, Shadow Sneaks falling about... you'd probably wish you had an immunity to the spooks! Fortunately for Porygon and Porygon2, they will thrive in this arena and these attacks won't even affect them! This gives both of them a handy 3 vote advantage over Zapdos, who I thought was a semi-strong contender for the title. He's got the draw from hell, and enters this match as an underdog! Lapras too is in the mix - but somehow I feel the battle between Zapdos and the Pory brothers will steal all the attention away from the peaceful water transporter.

EXPECTED: PORYGON
UPHILL BATTLE FOR: [9] Zapdos

PRELIM SCOREBOARD
M1: {shuckle} +0 | {umbreon} -1 | {jolteon} +0 | {lanturn} +0
M2: {donphan} +0 | {moltres} +0 | {typhlosion} +0 | {houndoom} +1
M3: {heracross} -1 | {espeon} +0 | {xatu} +0 | {rhyhorn} +1
M4: {porygon} +3 | {lapras} +0 | {porygon2} +3 | {zapdos} +0

Remember you get only 1 vote per group, counts as 3 if you've sponsored a Pokemon, and if you want to play with extra votes, you do not post in here, but rather you PM me! (These will not be revealed until the end of the round. Be careful with what you do as there are no change of minds in terms of voting!) As always, I enjoy reading your reasons of your votes, so put them down (not compulsory). Please refrain from editing your votes because then I have to scroll around and readd everything and I might just make mistakes with my math...

VOTING STARTS NOW! WILL LAST 3-4 DAYS. Ill be updating the scoreboard if I see fit, but not all the time. ;)

Last edited by DragonPhoenix on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:45 am
Profile WWW
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Umbreon: To get on Eeveelutions good side Ive liked Umbreon as an Eeveelution and Im glad they made... Him?

Typhlosion: He didn't get a sponsor :3... Anyway, one vote to Ty...

Heracross: I was going to sponsor him, but gave him up... I feel bad.

Lapras: He's the underdog that will kill everything but Sneasel.

So good at making reasons... Meh, my eyes still hurt from the wall of text.

Fun fact of the post: Hirt is actually a word... Stupid autocorrect replacing hurt with Hirt.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:59 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{umbreon} - I'm sponsoring it
{houndoom} - my favourite of the four
{espeon} - I'm sponsoring it
{zapdos} - IT'S ZAPDOS!!!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{lanturn} - This guy has saved my UU team countless time.
{donphan} - Awesome elephant poke and I'm sponsoring.
{rhyhorn} - I'm pretty neutral to all of these.
{porygon} - There's just something about the Porygon family that I love, but Porygon 2 is my least favourite.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{shuckle} - I can't help but love the funny little rock worm
{houndoom} - This hellhound is just to cool to pass up
{xatu} - I originally sponsored it, but passed it up for a chance to steal Kabutops... doesn't mean I still don't love Xatu!
{lapras} - I've had some good memories with this guy, and those Pory-brothers have to go

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Match 1 {lanturn} - I always really liked Lanturn, especially with its unique type combo.
Match 2 {donphan} - Donphan is such a cool pokemon. I remember when I first saw it in the first movie, I thought it was like the coolest thing ever. Also, its an elephant, I like elephants.
Match 3 {heracross} - I always liked heracoss, it was the pokemon that made bugs useful, which I always liked.
Match 4 {porygon} - Sponsoring and the original is always better than the sequel.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:17 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Umbreon: I was thinking of sponsoring it, but I still love it.

Moltres: Best fire type everimo

Espeon: Magic bounce FTW

Lapras: I don't like the others

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:24 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wait... Porygons get +3 while while Zapdos and Lapras can't learn ghost moves? :shock: (Confuse Ray doesn't count)
Okay.... unfair... but let's vote!

1. {lanturn} I need to build a team, and this little thing will probably be in one of the 6 spots.
2. {moltres} A member of my favorite legendary trio
3. {espeon} Took this one for Pokemon XD
4. {zapdos} A member of my favorite legendary trio, again!

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:36 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

These are my votes fir this round

{shuckle} because shuckle is just so different from any other pokemon. And because it can deal the most damage in a single attack.
{houndoom} because I don't really like any of the others.
{heracross} because I don't really like any of the others.
{porygon} because its a computer-generated pokemon and because of its appearance in the anime

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

GhostPony750 wrote:
Wait... Porygons get +3 while while Zapdos and Lapras can't learn ghost moves? :shock: (Confuse Ray doesn't count)
Okay.... unfair... but let's vote!

Porygon's are Normal type, so they are immune to ghost types. That's why they have +3 against Zapdos and Lapras.

Goodbye
"

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:55 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Match 1: Lanturn. Currently shares the spot for my favourite Pokemon.
Match 2: Typhlosion. Don't want the guys who set the seeds to look bad two times in a row.
Match 3: Heracross. Sponsoring.
Match 4: Lapras. I sure would love to have one to ferry me around.

Btw DP, I really enjoy the commentary. I appreciate the effort you put into this ;) .

Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:50 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Battle 1: {shuckle} - I've always found the defense-first turtle intriguing, although I've never used it in battle.

Battle 2: {typhlosion} - My favorite starter ever, as the only pure-fire type. I would have sponsored him if I didn't like Dragonite just a little bit better. Houndoom is also up there, though.

Battle 3: {xatu} - I've got to go with the psychic bird from gen 2, as it's been one of the psychic types I've actually used in-game.

Battle 4: {lapras} - I'm not a huge fan of any of these pokemon, but I've used Lapras a time or two. It's a nice, well rounded water/ice type, although there are a lot of those in Gen 1.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. {shuckle}
2. {moltres}
3. {espeon}
4. {zapdos}
I have my reasons.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next