It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 The Amazing Pokémon Race - Black and White or HGSS 
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
So this is a Communtiy challenge that will start later on. I've got a brilliant idea for this that has not been done before. This will start two weeks AFTER the Starter PEC is finished.

Now, here's why I've decided to put this up early.

This will be a race in either BW or HGSS... Could you post which of these four games you own.

Before you post please read the requirements:

~You must have a good Internet connection to play and have access to online battles.

~A copy of Black or White or SoulSilver or HeartGold, either in ROM form or a hard copy. (If in ROM form, not a randomised ROM, but just a normal pokemon game on a disc.)

~You actually need to be around in about 3 months when The Starter PEC is finished.

~You need to be honest and trustworthy

~You need to be imaginative and creative

~If you want to play you need to be able update every 2 or 3 days.

To make sure you read this post with your games a blastoise emoticon and a crying emoticon.

So post which form of game you have and which game it is.

I am not posting any hints or secrets involving this game until I am ready too.

If you would like to join and play AND meet the requirements post which games you own. I am not doing sign ups yet.

EDIT: You will need to reset the games.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Last edited by James86134 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{blastoise} :cry:
I have HG and B. If we need to reset the games, I can only use HG (I still have important stuff on Black that I haven't traded over to B2 yet)

Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I have HG, B, and W. If we have to reset, only HG and B.

So, is the point of this just to finish the game as quickly as possible or are there other objectives?

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have HG, and can reset anytime, but I dot have any internet connexion with my DS.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:45 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
Guys, no need to cry about how Blastoise has a horrible Smiley.

@GhostPony: If someone (I'm hopeless) helps me, we can battle on Pokemon Online.

Ok, so a few (more like a lengthy explanation of things... Its not just a speedrun. Like the amazing race you will have to do certain challenges.

Although, for me its going to be pretty hard to make them.

Resetting is needed.

So, in case you haven't watched the Amazing Race here's how it goes:

We start out with 12 teams of 2 (in this case 8-12 teams of 1).

The teams have to travel to a certain country. They get many different challenges along the way, with certain other obstacles. The key to the amazing race is to finish all the challenges in order and meet at the pitstop. The last team at the pitstop will be eliminated, unless at one of the pre-set non elimination pit stops. (This will be different from just last being eliminated)

Key Things:

So there will be a different challenges that will differ among each Route. A route is the distance between two pitstops.

Clues: Clues are what will be found along each Route. They will give you info or where you must go next and what you must do at each area. Clues will hold info on the following of each.

Reading this: To make sure your reading this please place a Ditto and a mew.

Detour: A Detour will be on the Clues. They give you the decision between two challenges. You will get to choose which one you do. It you do not complete this challenge or give it up you must wait for one person to pass you at the pitstop. You do have the choice to go back and change which challenge that you are going to do.

U Turn: A U turn is given to the first person to complete a Detour on some routes. A U turn that is given allows the the owner to make another Contestant go back and complete the second challenge in A Detour. This MUST be used.

Road Block: This is a single challenge that gives no choice and must be completed. If you do not complete this challenge you must wait for 2 people to pass you when you arrive at the pitstop.

Fast Forward: There will be only be two of these in the game. This challenge is brutal. It can be bypassed if you so choose. So of your the first person at a Clue, you may leave it to the second person. If you accomplish this challenge you will get to skip straight to the pitstop. (But you will still have to beat what ever boss is at the end of the route.) you just get to skip all the challenges.

Intersection: This will be out of game challenge. This will happen twice. You will be partnered with a random contestant. Together you must PM each other. I will set a challenge, the pair must complete it. Simple.

Penalty: This will be made when a contestant breaks the rules. This is a large offence and will be taken harshly... I suggest you don't break the rules or you will be demolished later on.

Double Length legs: These legs will be... Double length :roll: .
My Rules added to make it more pokemonish:

Big Boss: A boss will lie at the end of each pitstop. Most of the time these will be a gym leader, Elite 4, Champion.

Theme Routes: Certain Routes will have a Theme while crossing them for the first time. Certain themes may be: Nuzlocke, Colour Catches, No Catches, Must run from every battle e.t.c.
E.g. I am going to use Nuzlocke Theme on a Route with poisonous pokemon. Hopefully one of you gets poisoned and the pokemon dies, permanently.

Pit Stop: So the pitstop will be right after your beat the boss. The last two to get too the pitstop after beating the boss will have to battle. The winner continues, the loser... Well. You get EE LIM INA TED.

Travelling through the game: I'm sorry to say this will be a slow game. It will be played in tiny increments... But I'm hoping to make it fun.

Although you will have a lot of money in game before each pitstop and in each city I will set a limit to how much you can buy. E.g. In Nacrene you may only spend 2000 pokedollars on items.

Buying and Breeding: You may not Breed, you can not buy pokemon from the game corner. You can not use the Safari Zone at ALL.

That's all I can think off to make this game harsh right now... I'll edit in some rules if I can think of any.

THIS IS GONNA BE BRUTAL :twisted:

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Last edited by James86134 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{ditto} {mew}
Sounds nice!

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:03 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

So as I said before this will be starting 2 weeks after the Starter PEC. The two weeks between will be signups and getting ready for the big game.

Also, for anyone worrying about having to reset the game and not having a enough time to trade items and pokemon over to other games... Don't be. The game will start in an estimated 3 MONTHS. You have enough time.

Also I may... Nah... Don't worry bout it.

Hope you gais are looking forward to this.

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{blastoise} :crying:
SS and Black. I have trouble because my wi-fi is password protected, but I'll probably try to save all the pokemon I want to and transfer them to Black and use my SS for this. If I do it.

Goodbye
"

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:01 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Well I hope you do it Samurott. Its good to know some people are taking an interest in this already.

So, by the looks of things so far we might just be playing Johto. But, we've only had about 4 people interested.

If we are playing in Johto we can actually allow about 16 people to play. In Unova it will only really be 8-10.

Also... I won't be playing (obviously :roll: ) I will be taking on the role of the host (again, obvious :roll: )

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Whoa... This sounds pretty cool! I Nuzlocke all the time, so I'd love to take part in a challenge like this! For me, I'd be using SoulSilver, so I'd have to transfer all my stuff out if it before I do. But yeah, I would definitely join this. I'll look forward on hearing any updates about it. :D

Also,
{blastoise} :cry: {ditto} {mew}

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:19 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Ok, so I'll be having a few more things added so I can keep my mind organised later next week.

The things I'll be adding are:

~Rules

~Which game set it will be narrowed down too (maybe)

~The permanent amount of each challenge there will be in each Route.

~Each Big Boss

~The level limit on each Big Boss (that's right you can't be over a certain level)

This will be included with ALL of the other stuff into one big post. All of the info involving the game will be added to the first Post. So just check in every now and then for more info.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:18 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

So, *Bump*.

I'm about to start an Amazing Pokemon Race FanFic in the Canalave Library.

Not really anything to do with the game, just relevant.

Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]