It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
 Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 

Final round:
Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 pm
HAUNTER 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
ARCANINE 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 11

Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah, I'll sponser Venusaur. *puts down 5PB*

Wed May 09, 2012 4:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

And I'll donate 15 to you, in case someone challenges you!

Goodbye
"

Wed May 09, 2012 5:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Super_Typhlosion is leading the sponsorship bid on Venusaur with 5PB.
Sponsorship period will end in 24 hours from this post.
So I guess after the 24 hours is up, I'll post again, with an example battle on how we're going to run ROUND 2 (this time, instead of emphasis on type resistances, we're going to be easing in base stats too), and then we can start Round 2 the day after.

Also remember if you haven't gotten your tips in yet, they need to be done before Round 2 starts!

Thu May 10, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragonPhoenix wrote:
we're going to be easing in base stats, too

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU**********************!!!!!

Goodbye
"

Fri May 11, 2012 4:05 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

things aren't looking so good for bulbasaur, diglett and butterfree ;____;

Fri May 11, 2012 7:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, Ninetales has a 505 BST which is actually pretty respectable, and Arcanine's 555 BST...if my eyes did not deceive me, is the 2nd highest of all Kanto non-legendary Pokemon after Dragonite. 8-)

Wait. Something tells me that DragonPhoenix is gonna throw a Trick Room or something like that. D8

Fri May 11, 2012 7:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@DP: I'm sure Super_Typhlosion will pay up. I was just texting him and he said that he'll be on tomorrow.

Goodbye
"

Fri May 11, 2012 7:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Super_Typhlosion wins the sponsorship for Venusaur on 5PB, and will need to confirm this by paying me by this time tomorrow. 8-) (ie, before M1-M2 start).
Unfortunately, if this isn't done, Venusaur will drop to the next available sponsor, who is.. no one. I can understand that people may have other commitments outside the internet but in order to run this as fairly as possible, I do request that votes and such forth are done by a certain deadline.

ROUND 2 EXAMPLE
Making the transition from 3 v 1 to 1 v 1, there's a couple of rule changes just to ease in some field effects.

MODIFIER 1: Type advantages
With the two Pokemon facing off, the Pokemon with a type advantage will receive a +1 boost. If a Pokemon has an immunity, the advantage will be +2. So for Charizard V Bellosom, Charizard will receive +1. Charizard V Sandslash, Charizard will receive +2. Double resistances and double weaknesses don't count in these scenarios. If it's a match between, say, Charizard and Cradily, Cradily will receive the +1 advantage as he has the most advantage coming into the match. (Typically I will figure this out).

MODIFIER 2: Base stats
We're really just going to be easing into Base Stats in round 2, so the only stats we'll be looking at is ATK, DEF and SPD. It's pretty straightforward, the Pokemon with the higher Base stat will get the +1 advantage. In later rounds, we'll be incorporating all the stats, but for now this is a good segueway into Round 2.

MODIFIER 3: Abilities
Certain abilities will also play a factor. Eg: We've seen the Levitate example in the previous round, but abilities such as Pure Power will give ATK x2 and Intimidate will cut ATK by x.75. These calculations will usually affect Modifier 2, so don't expect these abilities to have that much influence.

MODIFIER 4: Type resistances
Before the 48 hour countdown, I will say "The arena is hit by a XXX attack!" The XXX attack will be a random, physical damage dealing attack from across all 5 generations. These attacks will also follow the rules of the type resistances from Round 1. So if Charizard and Cradily were duking it out, with 48 hours to go I might say "The arena is hit by an Earthquake attack!" Applying weaknesses and resistances, Cradily takes neutral damage, so gets +0 added onto his cumulative score, whilst Charizard has an immunity, so gets +3 added onto his cumulative score. :o

MODIFIER 5: Votes
Anonymous/extra votes are now 30PB each with a limit of 150PB per Pokemon per person per round.
Sponsored Pokemon get +3 instead of +1 when a sponsor votes for them.
That's it!

So here's an example, to give some clarity over how the matches will run...
EXAMPLE MATCH
CROCONAW VS MANECTRIC

Typically everything is already figured out, so you don't have to worry about all that stuff I wrote before. All you gotta do is vote for your favourite! But just note how both Manectric and Croconaw start on +2.

Before the 48 hour to go countdown, the scoreboard could be:
{croconaw} +5 | {manectric} +7

I might say something like

"The arena is hit by a Spark attack!"

Croconaw has a weakness to electric attacks, so will get -1, whilst Manectric has an immunity to electric attacks (through Lightningrod) and will therefore gain +3.

The scoreboard going into the final 48 hours will then be:
{croconaw} +4 | {manectric} +10

I wouldn't worry to much about these though, the most you can do is rally voters and get them to vote! Even though there are all these variables, the only guaranteed way of getting +1 votes is, oddly enough, by voting! :P

I hope this make some sense, but all will be clear when we start M1 & M2 tomorrow! Each match is expected to last around 4 days, similar to Round 1.

8-)

Fri May 11, 2012 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Okay, that makes sense. I'm going to assume that the attacks in the arena get calculated at random, right? And is buying votes still permitted or no?
On a side note:
Quote:
In later rounds, we'll be incorporating all the stats, but for now this is a good segueway into Round 2.

It's actually just spelt "segue", even though it sounds like "segway".

Sat May 12, 2012 12:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, attacks will be chosen at random, and aren't predetermined. (In round 1, I selected the arenas randomly but they were all done prior to the start of the matches at the same time. In round 2, when the time comes I'll RNG the move.)

Also, anonymous/extra votes are now 30PB each with a limit of 150PB per Pokemon per person per round.

But anyway... we can now start Round 2! :o

MATCH 1: HAUNTER v CUBONE

ANALYSIS
Q: First match up is Cubone Vs Gengar! This is shaping up to be a very exciting matchup. Haunter managed to outplay the 16th seeded Dewgong for a 10-5 lead, whilst cute little Cubone defied the odds and defeated number 1 seeded Gengar. Is this the classic battle of the underdogs?

Classic battle? yes. The underdogs? Well, no I don't really think so. In a technical sense, you could argue that they are underdogs, being pre evolutions and all, but on the flip side they are very both very popular and very strong contenders for the title. Even in my commentary in the previous round, I mentioned that Cubone had a definite chance of causing an upset over the widely featured Gengar, and in Haunter's case, well I even picked him to defeat Dewgong from the very start. I think the appeal is that these Pokemon are finally given appropriate platforms to shine, and especially in today's times where we see the fully evolved Pokemon strutting their stuff over and over, these two make for a little breath of fresh air.

Q: We took tips from some of the expert Pokemon battle experts in the whole of Psypoke, and a resounding 100% think Haunter will get through. Why do you think he's so popular?

What's not to like about the mischievous little ghost? He's fun, he's quirky, and it definitely doesn't hurt his image that he briefly joined Ash's team in his quest to beat Sabrina. Older Pokemon players might also have fond memories of Haunter, as he's the most evolved a ghost Pokemon can get if you didn't have access to a link cable. He was also around when Psychics ran amuck, and was (albeit incorrectly) seen as the counter to the 0 weaknesses type. So of course, Haunter will have a lot of fans, also as people generally like having fun Pokemon to root for, instead of lonely, brooding types.

Q: So does this mean that Cubone has no chance then?

Definitely not! Everyone was prepared to write off Cubone on his match against Gengar, and look what happened there! If anything, this match could even be easier for Cubone, seeing as in most people's minds they'd prefer to be up against a Haunter than a Gengar. I mean once you'd knocked out a Pokemon, his pre evolved counterpart should be easy, right? And with Cubone's back story being so memorable, it sticks into people's minds. And if you want to look at the voting breakdown in round 1: they both did poll 10 votes apiece. Take note however: Haunter had a 3 vote advantage whilst Cubone only had 1. So in essence, not only did Cubone scored 2 votes more, but he also did it against a tougher opponent.

Q: But what about his type weakness this round? Everyone knows that his Bone Clubs and Bone Rush attacks will have no affect on the Levitating ghost!

Yes of course, that will always be a weakness that Cubone will have to account for. He does have an arsenal of other moves up his sleeves, but will have his work cut out for him. And you might think Haunter won't take his opponent seriously, but Haunter knows that this cute little Pokemon knocked out his bigger brother earlier on, and won't be taking anything for granted.

Q: Okay, well in saying all this, who do you think will prevail? We've had some upsets in the past, can one occur again?

Look, despite everything I've said for the little Cubone, I'm going to have to go with the majority and pick Haunter. But I will definitely not be writing off the little guy, he's got a lot of potential to be big, but I think the audience will connect more with the fun Haunter, you know? It's almost such a shame, that we're discovering fresh new talent, but in about 4 days left we have to say goodbye to one of them. It's a vicious world. And just finishing up, I just have to say, I think it's a little funny how Cubone and Haunter are left in the competition, outlasting both their bigger brothers. Proves that you don't have to be fully evolved to make an impact on prime time TV!

Q: Alright thanks for that, and now we might move onto our next match. Presenting, Match 2, Charmander Vs [9] Venusaur!

MATCH 2: CHARMANDER v [9] VENUSAUR

ANALYSIS
Q: Now we move onto Pokemon #003 Vs #004! Who are these Pokemon and how did they fare in the previous round?

Charmander, the popular fire lizard, posted a very stong result in the first round, defeating the seeded Slowbro by a whopping 10 votes. If that doesn't send a message out to the rest of the competition, everyone else must be really brave, or maybe just slow in the head. Venusaur remains to be the only seeded Pokemon remaining in the top half of the draw, and even then it was a close one, narrowly avoiding defeat over the Stage 1 water starter Wartortle by 2 votes.

Q: On the surface this looks like a simple match right, a Basic Pokemon Vs a Stage 2 Pokemon. But it seems like in this competition most people favour the more pre-evolved counterparts! Can Venusaur even amass a following?

It will be hard for Venusaur. Not only is he going up against a starter Pokemon, but he's also going up against a Fire type. Fire types typically connect more with the audience, whilst Grass types aren't all in favour at the moment. Could this change? Yes perhaps, but I don't see it being an overnight change thing. Venusaur however, does have a little unique quality being a fully evolved starter though, and those who have fond memories of it may be more inclined to support it.

Q: Well what can Charmander do to give it the edge then?

Charmander's got a pretty strong game plan already at the moment, he did extremely well in his last match, so if he just maintains his focus and does exactly the same thing, there's no reason why he can't take this match out.

Q: Whats more important? Stats or type advantage?

Normally I would say they're both equally weighted, but in this case Venusaur definitely has a handy 2 vote advantage thanks to his stats. But who knows? His poison/grass combo leaves him open to a wide variety of attacks that could harm in later on. Typically, the stronger Pokemon will have an advantage in the arena, and so are rewarded accordingly.

Q: What advice would you give to he betting people out there?

This one is a realy tough one. One one hand you got a cute fire starter, heavily featured in the anime, and being one of those really popular options but still just in its basic form. And on the other hand, you have another starter, but he's grass and so not as popular, but he is in his final form. I really don't know about this one, if I had to put money on it, I'd prbably end up flipping a coin. I have no idea.

PRELIM SCOREBOARD
M1: {haunter} +3 | {cubone} +1
M2: {charmander} +1 | {venusaur} +3

Round 2 is officially underway!

PS: Credit goes to Arkeis of Pokemon Factory for the Pokemon images.

Sat May 12, 2012 7:02 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

{haunter} - I dunno, like the original ghost family better than Cubone.

{charmander} - I have never really liked Venusaur. Even baby Charizard is better.

Sun May 13, 2012 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

My choices are simply {haunter} {venusaur} ; my responses are simply "Kick your opponent's undeserving backsides". That's all I need to say to convey my feelings.

Sun May 13, 2012 5:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

M1 - {haunter} - Cool ghost type.
M2 - {venusaur} - Venusaur is better than Charmander.

Sun May 13, 2012 5:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Match 1: {haunter} Because it's sofa king good.
Match 2: {charmander} Was going to vote Venusaur, but after seeing Dare's post, I changed my mind.

Goodbye
"

Sun May 13, 2012 6:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1: {haunter} Not much to say than 'cool ghost'.
2. {charmander} Charizard's younger brother. *braces for flying bandwagon*

Sun May 13, 2012 7:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Great job, DragonPhoenix, you really have a knack for making everything serious and intense!

M1: {haunter} - What's not to like about this guy?
M2: {venusaur} - I'm always for the grassy underdogs. That overrated lizard is not gonna get a family reunion in the finals!

Sun May 13, 2012 9:44 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I vote Cubone and for Venusaur, I guess.

Sun May 13, 2012 10:33 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Crunchy wrote:
I vote Cubone and for Venusaur, I guess.

If Haunter dies, he's going for you first.

Sun May 13, 2012 11:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{haunter} Well Cubone, I guess this is the end of the line. I hope your death will not be in vain.
{venusaur} We've got Charizard, why do we need the pre-evos?

Mon May 14, 2012 9:01 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

SCOREBOARD STAGE 1

M1: {haunter} +12 | {cubone} +2
M2: {charmander} +6 | {venusaur} +8

Looks like M1 is all but over, Haunter racing out to a 10 vote lead, whilst M2 is a bit tighter with only 2 votes separating Venusaur and Charmander. The winners of these two matches head straight into the Quarterfinals, where the final 8 will remain!

HOWEVER, I have incoming news from within the arenas itself!

Match 1: "The arena is hit by a U-Turn attack!"
Match 2: "The arena is hit by a Low Sweep attack!"

Thanks to Haunter's double resistance to Bug attacks, he'll get a +2 boost, whilst Cubone takes neutral damage from U-Turn, so will receive no bonus points.

Venusaur will gain a +1 advantage as his Grass/Poison type resists Fighting attacks, whilst Charmander gains +0 as he takes neutral damage.

48 HOURS TO GO SCOREBOARD
M1: {haunter} +14 | {cubone} +2
M2: {charmander} +6 | {venusaur} +9

I don't have a countdown but these matches will end 48 hours from this post!

Tue May 15, 2012 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

DNA wrote:
If Haunter dies, he's going for you first.

dna pls

DragonPhoenix wrote:
Match 1: "The arena is hit by a U-Turn attack!"

Thanks to Haunter's double resistance to Bug attacks, he'll get a +2 boost, whilst Cubone takes neutral damage from U-Turn, so will receive no bonus points.

48 HOURS TO GO SCOREBOARD
M1: {haunter} +14 | {cubone} +2

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-- and so on and so forth.

things don't look too well for cubone at all, no sir.

Tue May 15, 2012 4:59 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Match 1: {haunter} Wicked cool ghost, and a cherished member of my Nuzlocke team. (Even though this vote won't affect the outcome at all. XD)

Match 2: {venusaur} Come on, what's not to love? And I always enjoy seeing Samurott squirm. :twisted:

Tue May 15, 2012 2:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm not biting, twist. Three people said they love to se me squirm. One was you, another was my gf, and the third... Well, he is wishing that he didnt, because his weekend went to ****. Like, total rearranging of the face ****. Anyways, either way, I still win. I tipped for Venusaur to win, but I sponsor and voted for Charmander. Winning!!! *cough* Charlie Sheen *cough*

Goodbye
"

Wed May 16, 2012 8:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As the timer came down to a stop, two Pokemon unleashed their final attacks, instantly felling their opponents. Who came out on top? Who withstood the harsh elements of the arenas to progress into the next round?

RESULTS
M1: HAUNTER def. Cubone (15-2)
M2: [9] VENUSAUR def. Charmander (10-6)

So in short, Haunter and Venusaur will be pit against each other for a place in the semifinals!

Also: the next two matches will be delayed by about a week because of my outside life commitments (ie: school finals + starting a new job). I'm delaying the matches because even though I'll still be around it will only be for a couple of minutes (study break or something) and I'd rather have a great thread that can be reread instead of patchy updates here and there, so I hope you don't mind too much. ;)

In the meantime, the next matches are Ninetales V Beedrill and Diglett V Pikachu! These won't start until I return... so you guys can have a little party of sorts or something I guess haha. I can still answer questions and things if they are short.

PS: Prizes for the tipping competition won't be distributed until all the matches for Round 2 are complete, so you'll get a lump sum instead of installments.

Those who haven't done it yet can still participate for a chance to win 1,000 Psybucks, however you will only receive 10 Psybucks per correct tip.

REMAINING MATCHES
M3: Ninetales vs Beedrill
M4: Diglett vs Pikachu
M5: [10] Sandslash vs [7] Dugtrio
M6: [2] Arcanine vs [15] Butterfree
M7: Bulbasaur vs [6] Charizard
M8: [3] Blastoise vs Charmeleon

Fri May 18, 2012 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks to everyone for their patience :)

Things are going to get suspenseful for ShinyLucario, JsXtm, Crunchy and Cherrygrove as we roll onwards to our second batch of Round 2 matches!

MATCH 3: NINETALES v BEEDRILL

ANALYSIS
Q: So now we move onto Ninetales and Beedrill! Two unseeded Pokemon? Firstly, what's Ninetales' story and how did he get past the 5th seeded Alakazam?

Just when you thought PsyPoke was purely a home for Psychic Pokemon fans, huh? It was a very very very close affair, with Ninetales only managing to pull through thanks to a last minute anonymous vote, giving him a 7-6 victory over the famed special sweeper. Alakazam also had to contend with his brother Kadabra in this group, which would have surely taken a few votes off of him. But don't let this information sway you from betting on Ninetales! He's still a very abled competitor, been given a lot of attention with his new found ability to bring the sun out, making him a very popular choice for those Chorophyll based enthusiasts out there. And plus, he's a fox. And foxes are very cunning and very wise, Ninetales will definitely have the brains on his side as he comes up with strategies to get over the line.

Q: Beedrill, whilst never been a Pokemon that someone lists as their favourite, has strongly performed in all his rounds to become somewhat a mid tier favourite to take out a title. What makes him so appealing?

What's not to like about the little guy? Sporting an arsenal of very cool attacks, like Twineedle, which was one of the only ways to Poison steel types generations back, and also one of the only ways to hit Psychics for super effective damage back in Generation 1. Myself? I've never personally seen appeal in the guy. With Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Gold being my first Pokemon games, Weedle and co. were never really options to try out the King Bee. That's not to say I dislike him though! With the rise of the bug type especially in Generation 5, and possibly onwards, the orginal family that started it off (together with Butterfree) are more likely to appeal to those who have stuck with and believed in the type from the very beginning.

Q: That comes to my next point, nostalgia. Is that going to be a big factor in this matchup? Or other matchups for that matter?

All the Pokemon featured are from the same generation, which is hopefully to scale the nostalgia factor a little. But I mean of course, nostalgia is a part of a person's identity, and if they feel like they can relate to a certain Pokemon more then of course their more inclined to support them.

Q: Ninetales comes into this match with an advantage. What does Beedrill need to do to be able to keep up?

Beedrill did manage to defeat 12th seeded Pidgeot in the previous round, polling a massive 12 votes, as well as picking up 5 anonymous votes on the way. Surely that is a strong message that he's definitely got it in him, to at least take the challenge up to Ninetales. As long as he lets the audience knows, that just like in all the games, he's there early and ready to fight right near the beginning, that should help avoid the votes spiralling out of control in Ninetales' favour.

Q: And if Ninetales wants to remain in the lead, what gameplan should he follow?

Ninetales fans to have to be sure not to get too ahead of themselves. Beedrill is a very strong competitor, and even though Ninetales has a small advantage at the moment, an early lead might just make it too hard for the bug to catch up, which can give the fox a bit of breathing space. As long as he can rally up his supporters, he should get through fine, but as we've seen in the past you can't really assume anything!

Q: Alright thanks for that, and now we might move onto our next match. Presenting, Match 4,Diglett Vs Pikachu!

MATCH 4: DIGLETT v PIKACHU

ANALYSIS
Q: Battle of the small Pokemon, Diglett and Pikachu! Now how on earth did these two little ones knock out their much tougher and stronger competitors in the last round?

Cute little Diglett managed to beat out the 13th seeded Wigglytuff, whilst Pikachu, the little mascot defeated 4th seeded Nidoking to completely open up the quarter. Pikachu's win was made even more impressive, as Nidoking was one of the few Pokemon that made it into the 1st round by scoring a vote from every single person on the voting committee. Both these two Pokemon might not have huge past successes in PEC's and other popularity competitions, but here they are given an opportunity to showcase their own strengths and be able to highlight them.

Q: There's a lot of "anti-hate" going for Pikachu at the moment, where people are supporting him more than ever. Why do you think that is?

It's always been the "cool" thing to hate on Pikachu, and with that much exposure, it's so easy to. He's probably the Britney Spears of music - a long time hard worker in Pokemon that gets constantly ridiculed no matter what he does - from appearing in the anime to being all over advertising schemes. The way I see it though, it's like getting into a new music artist - the first song you hear you might like (aka Pikachu), but then after you buy the album and give it a few listens (aka playing the games), you'll realise that there are better songs around (aka starting to like another Pokemon). But because Pikachu only has to compete with a smaller group in this competition instead of in a group, he's got a bigger chance here as people vote for who they like, as opposed to who they dislike.

Q: Okay fair enough, but try to explain all the Diglett hype! Support for him has been going through the roof!

Well who doesn't like him! Personally I love the little guy! He's a fun little dude with one of the most memorable anime quotes ever! And you know there's all the mystery on what's under his feet, and he's readily available in a cave convenience outside Surge's gym where he can actually outspeed some Electric Pokemon. He's also got a very simply design, which frankly I find quite refreshing after seeing some of the overdesigned species, which is more prevalent in Gen 3 and onwards.

Q: With Pikachu's STAB electric attacks unable to hit Diglett for any damage, how does this affect the battle outcome?

Diglett will start off with a handy 2 vote advantage, which could make it tough for Pikachu. It's always handy having an immunity, and even moreso when you happen to be battling against a Pokemon who happens to be that type! Diglett will also be able to burrow under the ground and take cover there, and also has the handy stat of being quicker than the rodent, when electric types are usually noted for their higher speeds.

Q: Who do you think will get through?

In my opinion, Diglett will post quite a convincing win. I know the support for Pikachu is out there, I just feel like the support for Diglett is even greater. But we do have two great competitors here, who both happen to break the stereotype, so no matter who wins we'll get to see a breath of fresh air in the Quarterfinals, which is the next stage of the competition.

PRELIM SCOREBOARD
M1: {ninetales} +3 | {beedrill} +1
M2: {diglett} +3 | {pikachu} +1

Just remember that anonymous voting is still possible, with now a reduction to 20PB per vote, capped at 100PB per Pokemon. And if you haven't gotten your tips in yet, it's not too late to win Psybucks! You'll get 10 per tip, and if you top the leaderboard at the end of the competition, you'll win an extra 500.

PS: Credit goes to Arkeis of Pokemon Factory (again) for the Pokemon images.

Sat May 26, 2012 5:38 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next