It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 

Final round:
Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 pm
HAUNTER 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
ARCANINE 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 11

Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{haunter}
I hope Haunter does well in the TM shower and the special moves (it may be my only hope)

Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Votes have been spread out pretty evenly so far.. Let's have a look at how the progress has been coming along!

PROGRESS SCOREBOARD:
{haunter} +8 | {arcanine} +9

SECOND PHASE OF ATTACKS:

Haunter used Thief! Arcanine's hit with -1.. Arcanine has no item attached!
Arcanine used Agility! Arcanine's speed rose 2 stages to 200%
Arcanine used Snarl! Haunter's hit with -2.. Haunter's Special Attack fell 1 stage to 50%!
Haunter used Shadow Ball! Arcanine's hit with -1..

BATTLE LOG:
Arcanine's speed is now 190 against Haunter's 95 (Arcanine +1)
Haunter's special attack is now 58 (Unchanged)
Arcanine is hit with -2, and Haunter is hit with -2.
Arcanine has no items remaining, and Haunter has 1 item remaining.

UPDATED SCOREBOARD:
{haunter} +6 | {arcanine} +8

And of course... the presence of a TM shower! Who's going to get the biggest advantage on this? Let's have a look at what fell down from the sky!

TM shower: "TMs 13, 37, 44, 57 and 84 fell from the sky!"

Arcanine learns Rest (44), so will get +1.
Haunter learns Rest (44) and Poison Jab (84) so will get +2.
Neither can learn Ice Beam (13), Sandstorm (37) nor Charge Beam (57).

(even moreso) UPDATED SCOREBOARD:
{haunter} +8 | {arcanine} +9

So yeah, things are getting quite tight, still anyone's match at the moment. So now we've entered the poll stages, which means you can vote for who you want to win in the poll I set up. At the end of the 5 days, the totals from the poll will be added on to the progress scoreboard. The poll will close in 5 days, which is also the conclusion of the tournament. If you still haven't posted in the thread as a vote, you can still do so... it's up to you how you want to vote of course. ;) The poll is also not static so if you want to change your vote in the poll, you can do so (but not if you've already posted in the thread).

In 48 hours, anonymous voting will be open, as well as 1 special attack AND 2 STATUS ATTACKS being performed on the arena. Yeah that's right I'm changing it :o So how this will happen is that 1 random status attack will be performed on Arcanine, and 1 will be performed on Haunter. So as an example.. say it's Charmander vs Bulbasaur. If a move like Howl is performed on Charmander, then Charmander gets the +1 on attack. If it's something like.. Leer is performed on Charmander, Bulbasaur will get the -1 on defense, since he's the foe. If it's a move like Confuse Ray, or Whirlwind or something then nothing will happen.

But I mean if everyone is up in arms against this, I'll probably revert to 2 Special Attacks, but for now let's roll with this!

Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Arcanine. Just because I think it would be silly if Haunter won something like this.

Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:59 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You know, at this point, I really don't care much who wins. It's anyone's game and they're both viable contenders, so I won't be angry at the winner.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

PROGRESS SCOREBOARD
{haunter} +8 | {arcanine} +10

PHASE 3 ATTACKS:
Arcanine used Crunch! Haunter's hit with -2..
Haunter used Shadow Ball! Arcanine's hit with -1..
Arcanine used Crunch! Haunter's hit with -2..
Haunter used Fling! Arcanine's hit with -1.. Haunter's Light Ball was flung at Arcanine! Arcanine became Paralysed! Arcanine's speed was lowered to 40%!

BATTLE LOG:
Arcanine's speed is now 38 against Haunter's 95 (Arcanine -1, Haunter +1)
Arcanine's hit with -2, Haunter's hit with -4.

UPDATED SCOREBOARD
{haunter} +5 | {arcanine} +7

Three attacks are going to hit the arena! Let's cross over live to the battle field where we're going to grab all the live action!

Special: "The arena is hit with a Spacial Rend attack!" (Arcanine -1, Haunter -1)
Status 1: "Haunter is granted the effects of a Yawn attack!" (no effect)
Status 2: "Arcanine is granted the effects of an Iron Defense attack!" (Arcanine's defense stat gets boosted to 160.. but is already higher than Haunter's Defense stat anyway, so nothing happens).

UPDATED SCOREBOARD
{haunter} +4 | {arcanine} +6

Anyway... anonymous voting is officially underway! Remember that you get 3 anonymous votes, and you do not need to use them all up. If you already used up some of your anonymous votes in the semifinals, they too count towards the limit. To use them, simply PM me. And because sponsors can't anonymously vote for themselves... what will happen? Who will win? Only time will tell! We're almost at the finish line now!

Also remember to vote in the poll if you haven't done so! Currently it's locked at 4-4... :o

Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:43 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

> sees scores at +8/+10
> watches scores decrease to +4/+6
> notices the difference is exactly the same

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:51 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The final match is now over! Thank you for everyone who voted and participated.

Please stand by as we tally the votes..

Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

/me hopes that all the Haunter supporters will come out of the closet

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

STANDARD VOTING: Arcanine def. Haunter 6-4
POLL VOTING: Arcanine def. Haunter 7-4
ANONYMOUS VOTING: Arcanine def. Haunter 4-1

OVERALL, and CHAMPION OF THE 1ST BATTLE ROYALE: ARCANINE def. Haunter 17-9

Congratulations to ShinyLucario and Arcanine! He's managed to beat the 15th seeded Butterfree in an easy 2nd round match, before sneaking in against the 7th seeded Dugtrio in the Quarterfinals, escaping by 1 vote. In the semis, he beat out Charizard 10-7, before coming home with a comprehensive win over Haunter. Congratulations also go to the runner up, DragoBoy and Haunter, who have also had an excellent run.

Here's the wrap up:

ROUND 1
There were upsets left right and centre, the most noticeable one being Cubone knocking out the number 1 seed Gengar, to completely blow the top half wide open. Pikachu knocked out 4th seed Nidoking, and Ninetales knocked out 5th seeded Alakazam. This meant that in the top half of the draw, Venusaur the 9th seed was the only seed remaining. The bottom half was a more even affair, with Blastoise powering home and 10th seeded Sandslash making a big statement, most results as expected.

ROUND 2
Haunter quickly proved he was a force to be reckoned with, avenging his older brother's demise by beating out Cubone by a whopping 13 votes. Beedrill emerged as a favourite, with fans popping out for the King Bee left right and centre, which helped in his 12-9 defeat over Ninetales. Arcanine solidified his 2nd seed position, annihilating 15th seeded Butterfree by 10 votes, and all the Sandslash fans were left shaking their heads over what seemed like a guaranteed victory for the shrew - before Dugtrio edged through thanks to some anonymous voting. Perhaps the tightest match of all: Bulbasaur and Charizard tying it out, before the great firelizard sneaked in on a Tiebreak vote, setting up one heck of a Quarterfinal.

QUARTERFINALS
Once again, outrage shook the arena as Pikachu just got over the line over crowd favourite Beedrill in a last minute appeal. Arcanine managed to fend off a final push from the Dugtrio supporters, whilst Charizard overcame his type weakness to defeat the great water starter Blastoise.

SEMIFINALS + FINAL
A comprehensive win over Pikachu gave Haunter the first spot into the final, whilst Arcanine had to work a little harder for his win. With Haunter and Arcanine head to head, it looked like it was all over before it began, with Arcanine surging up to +5 votes ahead before anyone even voted. However with some luck coupled with some clever decisions, Haunter managed to make it competitive, keeping it within 2 votes near the end. Arcanine proved too strong in the end though, managing to win the poll vote and the anonymous vote too.

(for all results, please refer to the first post)

PRIZE BREAKDOWN (When I get enough Psybucks.. or to be edited because obviously I don't have this much anymore...)

CHAMPION: ShinyLucario (2000 Psybucks) | Arcanine
RUNNER UP: DragoBoy (1000 Psybucks) | Haunter
SEMIFINALISTS: Cherrygrove | Pikachu, Shuckle-rock$ | Charizard (500 Psybucks)
QUARTERFINALISTS: Super_Typhlosion | Venusaur, JsXtm | Beedrill, DragoBoy | Dugtrio, Samurott | Blastoise (200 Psybucks)

So I guess we finally made it to the end! Congrats to all the winners and thanks for everyone who voted and participated. Hopefully next time (YES there WILL be a season 2, thanks to everyone who has asked + stirred interest) since I have figured out how all the rounds can be played it will make much more sense. I'll let you know now that season 2 will comprise of Pokemon 109-251 on the Pokedex, and will run in a similar format. After the release of BW2 as a tentative date, but however I will be opening a position for co-host (because I can't do it all on my own it takes too long).

Until next time... thanks for playing!

PS: If you have any further questions just let me know ;)

~DragonPhoenix

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:22 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Hooray congratulations SL!

Thanks for hosting DP and seeing it through to the end! It was good fun.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can't wait for the next battle! I saw 1st battle and I was like, "What?"
I guess I better research which one to get behind.

Goodbye
"

Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:50 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ah **!!! I missed all this! :( (At least I voted for Arcanine)
{rapidash} wasn't in the competition?
Anyway... I'm waiting for the next battle!

Edit: Will you do an other thread? Cuz its already 15 pages.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

If I said I was surprised at this, I would be lying.
Well, I am surprised that I was the only anon vote for Haunter, actually.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DNA wrote:
If I said I was surprised at this, I would be lying.

Same. I'm just happy that Haunter made it to the finals. I never really expected Haunter to win, what with Sp. Atk. being the only good stat and having no super effective moves to use on Arcanine.
DNA wrote:
Well, I am surprised that I was the only anon vote for Haunter, actually.

It wouldn't have made a difference anyway (Haunter would still be 2 behind) unless someone else decided to vote for Haunter.

Bring on round 2! And with it comes the introduction of 11 legendaries into the fray. If one of them wins I'm going to go berserk.

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

DragoBoy wrote:
Bring on round 2! And with it comes the introduction of 11 legendaries into the fray. If one of them wins I'm going to go berserk.

*votes for Mew, Mewtwo, Suicune, and Lugia at every possible chance, just to see DragoBoy go berserk*
Why do I have to be Psypoke's resident crazy all the time?

Goodbye
"

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:00 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Competition over, so locking the thread. Congratulations to the winner and runner up, and come back next time for the next round!

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15