It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next
 Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 

Final round:
Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 pm
HAUNTER 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
ARCANINE 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 11

Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Apparently I'm casting the first votes, might be a good thing or a bad thing... It's gonna be tense nonetheless.
M3: {ninetales} - Is sponsoree a word? Don't think so. Let's go with the old-fashioned "sponsored by me."
I'm feeling quite nervous, seeing how fiercely Beedrill has stung its opponents out of the game earlier on. But there is still hope for the elegant, sun-bringing, thousand-year-old fox!
M4: {pikachu} - The "anti-hate for Pika" part of the analysis got me thinking a bit. Yes, it's so overused it just seems like an annoyingly over-showy mouse, but once you look past that you'll find it as a good Pokemon.
TL;DR: By comparison I pick Pika over Derp-lett. *shot by all those Diglett fans popping out of the ground*

Hmm, exceeding love -> unreasonable hate -> anti-hate seems like quite a recurring cycle in the world of fandom. It must be THE CIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIFE *shot again*

Sat May 26, 2012 9:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

M3: {beedrill} I'm seriously missing my SS right now. Beedrill conquers all!!!
M4A1 AR: {pikachu} Diglett must be eliminated early. If not, it will most definitely win everytime!

ShinyLucario wrote:
CIIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

Thumbs up for quoting one of the greatest movies of all time!

Goodbye
"

Sat May 26, 2012 9:58 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

{ninetales} I like neither Ninetales nor Beedrill much at all, but I like Beedrill less, and plus, Ninetales is the favorite of one of my closest friends. Besides, if Beedrill kicked out Pidgeot, there's no way I'll support him.

{diglett} The most amazing Pokemon ever, bar none. And by the way, I don't think that memorable quote you're thinking of was from the anime...it was from PMD1, where he mentions having feet (which is met with much confusion). But he's a mole. Of course moles have feet. They also have hands and claws. You just never see them because they're usually below ground. BUT THAT ADDS TO THE MYSTERY!

And that is all I have to say at this time, other than "how dare you mention Disney movies".

Edit: Right, forgot to enable smilies in this post.

Sat May 26, 2012 11:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I meant Lion King...

Goodbye
"

Sat May 26, 2012 1:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

3: {beedrill} - Still coolest bug in generation 1.

4: {diglett} - The better of the two.

Sat May 26, 2012 2:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Because I'm so nice (*cough cough*) here's the epic Diglett quote from Mystery Dungeon:

Apparently people like that frail bee even more than... say, Scyther these days. What a shame.

And...yeah. That's all I can think of right now.
"Epic quotes from epic movies are (redundantly) epic." Maybe add this line. Though it's still somewhat off-topic.
Fine. I'll shut up now.

*Upset over how ignored his PEC is*

Sat May 26, 2012 9:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

M1: {beedrill} - My "sponsoree", and probably my all-time favorite bug, design wise.

M2: {pikachu} - Pikachu is awesome. It's hard to vote against the mascot for the entire series.

Sun May 27, 2012 5:39 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

M3 - {ninetales} -One of my favourite fire types.
M4 - {pikachu} - I just like Pikachu more than Diglett

Sun May 27, 2012 6:19 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

{beedrill} Awesome bug! Doesnt put the bug type to shame, like Gen V did.
{pikachu} Pika pika!

Sun May 27, 2012 9:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DragonPhoenix wrote:
Beedrill, whilst never been a Pokemon that someone lists as their favourite

LIES!! I always put Beedrill up as one of my favourites.
{beedrill} -read above^
{diglett} -The mystery of the feet!

Sun May 27, 2012 10:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oops, my bad DB... :oops:
Also ShinyL, your picture doesn't show up for me... And Scyther happens to be my 2nd favourite Pokemon, after Arcanine (just in case people cared...lol).

PROGRESS SCOREBOARD

M3: {ninetales} +8 | {beedrill} +8
M4: {diglett} +6 | {pikachu} +6

Yeah... so this is dead even. Who's going to get through? We'll find out in 48 hours, but before that I have word that the arenas are rocked by attacks! We'll cross through to the chopper to see what damage has been done..

Match 3: "The arena is hit by a Wood Hammer attack!"
Match 4: "The arena is hit by a V-create attack!"

Ninetales resists grass attacks, and will gain a +1 bonus, whilst Beedrill has a double resistance and so will gain a +2 bonus.
Both Pikachu and Diglett take neutral damage from Fire attacks, and so both will gain a +0 bonus.

48 HOURS TO GO SCOREBOARD:
M3: {ninetales} +9 | {beedrill} +10
M4: {diglett} +6 | {pikachu} +6

PS: If you haven't done so yet be sure to vote in ShinyLucario's War of the Dragons PEC, where the final round is being conducted. ;)

Sun May 27, 2012 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Samurott wrote:
I meant Lion King...

The Lion King is a Disney movie.

Sun May 27, 2012 5:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I know it is. I never played PMD because I never got an Advance SP. And I dont watch the Anime because its a piece of ****.
Are we seriously going to start arguing about movies? That wont be a great idea.

Goodbye
"

Sun May 27, 2012 5:32 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Samurott wrote:
I know it is. I never played PMD because I never got an Advance SP. And I dont watch the Anime because its a piece of ****.
Are we seriously going to start arguing about movies? That wont be a great idea.

I could compromise with both the things you said, and say that Pokemon 4Ever made me cry because it suck so much (and even though I rented it from BlockBuster I still felt like my money was wasted), and drop the matter there.

Sun May 27, 2012 9:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That would be the best option. Getting in arguement over movies with someone who studies them. Not good.

Goodbye
"

Sun May 27, 2012 10:09 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DNA wrote:
{diglett} The most amazing Pokemon ever, bar none. And by the way, I don't think that memorable quote you're thinking of was from the anime...it was from PMD1, where he mentions having feet (which is met with much confusion). But he's a mole. Of course moles have feet. They also have hands and claws. You just never see them because they're usually below ground. BUT THAT ADDS TO THE MYSTERY!

I forgot to respond to this before... but I'm referring to the episode Dig Those Diglett, which probably isn't memorable for anyone else but for 9 year old me waking up to Cartoons before heading off to school, the anime does play a factor somewhat in determining my favourites. :)

Mon May 28, 2012 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Match 3- {beedrill} no real reason just like it better than ninetales.

Match 4- {diglett} I don't what it is about this thing but it's one of my favorites and every time I think about it I remember that anime episode with diglett and dugtrio.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Mon May 28, 2012 6:51 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

M3 - {beedrill} I just don't like Ninetales so much.
M4 - {pikachu} 'sup Pikachu

Mon May 28, 2012 10:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Heh, I just brought up that Scyther thing because I've been seeing people comment "Beedrill is the best Kanto bug!" (*cough cough*). And yeah, it's also one of my top Kanto faves :3

And... Looks like Ninetales is going. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, PEOPLE, YOU WILL BE LIVING IN A WORLD WITHOUT SUNLIGHT FOREVER!
...Diglett & Pika are still tied - Oh man this is gonna get INTENSE! *gets popcorn*

@DragonPhoenix: Thanks so much for the advertisement - I can hardly find words to express my gratitude!

Some more shameless advertisement: War of the Dragons finale is looking for a tiebreaker! Who would decide the grand winner?

Tue May 29, 2012 4:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

FINAL SCORES:

M3: BEEDRILL def. Ninetales (12-9)
M4: PIKACHU def. Diglett (9-7)

Beedrill manages to get across over the line for a place in the final 8 (I would have never picked that from the beginning, ever..), and Pikachu's victory goes to show you can't ever disregard the support of your sponsor! With Cherrygrove's vote giving Pikachu a +3 vote, he too knocks out Diglett for a place in the Quarterfinals.

And now for Dare234, DragoBoy, Crunchy and ShinyLucario, things will heat up a bit, with two new matches!

MATCH 5: [10] SANDSLASH v [7] DUGTRIO

ANALYSIS
Q: Seems like these matches are going to be a lot more tougher than the last two! This quarter is littered with nothing but seeds!

Yes unfortunately for this quarter, all the seeds progressed through, which means from here on in these guys will have to face higher quality opponents. It's part of the Battle Royale though, I mean obviously if you have a easy/good draw then it's easier for you to progress through to the next round, but also you can't forget that you still -actually have to win- several matches in a row to get to the top.

Q: How are Sandslash's chances in the competition??

Sandslash, the 10th seed, managed to beat out Electrode by a whopping 6 votes - picking up EIGHT anonymous votes from a number of people, and doing it all together with an arena weakness. I myself have always been impressed with the little shrew, having had a place for him in my Blue team. Design wise I don't find him at all interesting, and his learnset isn't much to be envious of either but he's a very consistent staple across all generations. Sandslash's chances of going all the way are all dependent on this match here. If he can get past Dugtrio, there's not much else he can't get past.

Q: So what's the deal with Dugtrio then? Why is he being touted as such a large roadblock?

Well you could really apply what I've written fro Diglett and applied it to Dugtrio :P He beat out the popular Clefable in the last round by 5 votes, and you know also has the mystery of the feet happening with him.. I just think that when it comes down to it, he's a strong dependable Pokemon that can never let you down. Especially RBY with Dig having a Base power of 100, combined with that base speed 120 and an abundance of Poison Pokemon in the game (and grass/poison taking x2 damage from ground attacks), he's the one Pokemon that you can count on to land a hit.

Q: The two seem to be on fairly even terms. What do you think will happen?

Despite Sandslash having a 1 vote advantage, I still think Dugtrio with prevail, he's got his game currently happening. I think it's comfort to both players in that they both know that thanks to both their typings, whatever will happen in the 48 hour attack will apply to both of them, so that none of them are truly disadvantaged. So when it comes down to it, this match isn't about luck, or skill, it's about who has the endurance and who can last the longest on centre stage.

Q: Alright thanks for that, and now we might move onto our next match. Presenting, Match 6, Arcanine Vs Butterfree!

MATCH 6: [2] ARCANINE v [15] BUTTERFREE

ANALYSIS
Q: Geez! Arcanine starts will a 4 vote lead! Is this match over before it even begins?

A lot of people would think so... but we've seen some amazing upsets in the past. Don't count out anyone or anything yet! It's all not over until the final attacks are unleashed!

Q: What's Arcanine's story? With Gengar out of the picture, is Arcanine really the Pokemon to take it home?

You'd think so wouldn't you... but all is not confirmed yet. Arcanine only narrowly defeated Marowak in the last round by 2 votes, and if he gets through his round he'll face to face another ground type, either in Sandslash or in Dugtrio. His very respectable BST will no doubt be a little boost, but unless he can garner support, he'll find he might lose face if the crowd don't get behind him.

Q: How can Butterfree ever place up a 4 vote deficit! Surely this can't be fair...

Given that a sponsor vote is worth 3 votes, it's very possible for Butterfree to catch up. He'll just need to keep on keeping on, and hope the 48 hour attack is not a fire attack, and is a grass attack or something. I think that the best the little bug just keeps doing what he's doing, without freaking too much about what's on the other side of him. The worst thing that can happen to him now is if he starts losing his cool, which would basically all but guarantee a victory for the great firedog.

Q: Why does Arcanine get two abilities anyway..

All abilities will be available to all competitors, excepting the Dream World abilities. Unfortunately for Butterfree, he has a useless ability in Compoundeyes which won't help in at all in this matchup.

Q: Who do you think will get through?

Arcanine is my favourite Pokemon, so I'm thinking he'll get through convincingly. However... I've seen big upsets before and I don't particularly want to jinx anything...

PRELIM SCOREBOARD
M1: {sandslash} +2 | {dugtrio} +1
M2: {arcanine} +4 | {butterfree} +0

Just remember that anonymous voting is still possible, with now a reduction to 20PB per vote, capped at 100PB per Pokemon. And if you haven't gotten your tips in yet, it's not too late to win Psybucks! You'll get 10 per tip, and if you top the leaderboard at the end of the competition, you'll win an extra 500.

PS: Credit goes to Arkeis of Pokemon Factory (again) for the Pokemon images.

PSS: Read this

Tue May 29, 2012 6:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

5. {sandslash} : Is cool looking, and looks better than Dugtrio.

6. {arcanine} : Sorry Butterfree, but Arcanine is better and tougher in my opinion.

Tue May 29, 2012 6:47 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

M5 {sandslash} - Sponsered and it looks way better than Dugtrio.
M6 {arcanine} - Never really liked Butterfree.

Tue May 29, 2012 7:13 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yikes!
M5: {sandslash} "I'm sexy and I know it!"
M6: {arcanine} Damn butterflies. Always whizzing by my face when I'm riding my bike. Well Butterfree, meet Arcanine.

I dont wanna!
You will. Or else...
Or else what?
I'm going to burn your house down.

Goodbye
"

Tue May 29, 2012 8:22 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

{dugtrio} {arcanine}
I've tried Sandslash before once instead of Dugtrio in RBY. I could not have been more disappointed. The otherwise even keel between these two has shifted.
As for Arcanine? He unlike Butterfree has made it to an endgame party.

Tue May 29, 2012 8:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh, I totally forgot about Cherrygrove being the sponsor and all that, but glad to see how it worked out (without an overtime, that it).
Without further ado...

M3: {sandslash} - Appearance-wise, you can't go wrong with a pangolin, especially against something that popped out from a whacky arcade game.
M4: {arcanine} - :cry cry cry: Yes, my trusty firedog, I know you'll prove popular! Keep up the awesomeness and toast that flimsy Butter-free bug!

Eh, what's up with me and puns lately.

Tue May 29, 2012 11:14 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next