It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:46 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Starter Pokemon Elimination Challenge! **NOW OVER** 

The Final Round!!
Poll ended at Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:27 pm
Blastoise 44%  44%  [ 7 ]
Swampert 56%  56%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 16

 Starter Pokemon Elimination Challenge! **NOW OVER** 
Author Message
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: William McKinley High School. Lima, Ohio.
Sorry I wasn't paying close attention to those in Round 4. Any way I'm voting {sceptile} down. I like it enough, but after Blaziken, it is my least favorite starter. Only because I think the design is just kinda wonky.

_________________
Image
I suck at WiFi battling.


Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:38 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
You can only vote once per round.

The whole "you can only vote once per day" thing isn't that big of an issue, unless we're going through like three or four rounds in three hours. It most likely won't be enforced, unless it gets out of hand. When the forums had more activity (2005-2006) we played these PEC things all the time and they got really out of hand. The userbase nowadays is much less active, though. I was glad when the PECs ended because they were nothing but post count +1!!!!!! posts, but with a new generation of users and lower activity I personally don't mind moderating them and voting.

Hope that clears it up!

Sceptile has reached five votes for teh boot, by the way. New and exciting, Typhlosion wins immunity again! I think I'm going to change the rules so the same Pokemon can't win immunity every round, it's pretty lame when the same Pokemon wins immunity every single time. Feraligatr won immunity in the last round though, so Typhlosion wins it again for the new round.


edit: actually, I think Swampy gets immunity as well. Neither of them had any down votes, and even though Venusaur had two up votes as well, he was voted off too many times....

THE ROUND IS OVER, STOP VOTING UNTIL SHUCKLE STARTS THE NEW ROUND.

_________________
Image


Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:22 pm
Posts: 239
Location: Lying in a pool of Mt. Dew Throwback
{blastoise} up. He's my current Nuzlocke starter and he earned it by being awesome. Water turtle GO!

{torterra} down. Game Freak wanted a Venusaur-Blastoise lovechild and screwed up. Torterra sucks. BLASTOISE FOREVUR!

EDIT: This post was made before the big bad bold red lettering was put up. This will inevitably be my first vote next round.

_________________
You threw a "Dusk Ball!"
Aw, it appeared to be caught.
Screw it! Master Ball.

~A haiku


I disable smilies because I do not smile.


Last edited by LeoTheLion on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:04 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 667
Location: In a night-sea journey
Sorry guys, I didn't check up on it until now! (And I was afraid this challenge was dead!) Anyway, results, yay.
Even though Krisp told the results, this sums it up:
Round 4 Results wrote:
{venusaur} 2/4
{charizard} 1/0
{blastoise} 1/1
{typhlosion} 2/0
{feraligatr} 0/-
{sceptile} 1/5
{swampert} 2/0
{torterra} 1/0
{empoleon} 0/0
So {sceptile} gets booted (sorry sceptile fans)
and {typhlosion} and {swampert} get immunity.


Now we finaly begin Round 5!
Round 5 wrote:
{venusaur} 0/1
{charizard} 1/0
{blastoise} 1/0
{typhlosion} 0/-
{feraligatr} 0/0
{swampert} 0/-
{torterra} 0/1
{empoleon} 0/0


My vote is still {charizard} / {venusaur} , same reasons.
Also, I included LeoTheLion's vote. Which was {blastoise} / {torterra}

_________________
Image


Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:40 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
{blastoise} / {empoleon}
EDIT: whoops, guess I gotta read the rules closer ^^;;

Okay, Blastoise was the one starter I always wanted to have when I was a kid. He's a big, blue turtle with cannons on his back. Who couldn't love something like that? And Empoleon is my least favorite of the Sinnoh trio, thereby making him my least favorite starter. I don't really like the design, and I think something a little less... angry/smug would fit Piplup better.

_________________
Image


Last edited by rex09 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:25 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:44 am
Posts: 125
Location: Petalburg City
Sceptile's out?! *ShinyLucario fainted* THUMP!
Well then...this time I'm voting for...
Torterra {torterra} UP/Blastoise {blastoise} DOWN
Torterra - I love grass types, & here's a gigantic nature-friendly living tank!
Blastoise - Same reason as before, before before, & before before before.

_________________


Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:43 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
{venusaur} / {empoleon}

I'll stand by Venusaur until the end of the time for being the coolest starter ever (besides Meganium) / I never really cared for Empoleon. He was my least favorite starter in generation 4.

rex09: give reasons for voting plz

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:08 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 502
Location: Right Here
{typhlosion} up/ {venusaur} down

Same reasons as before.

Krisp: thanks that helps a lot.

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:58 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:13 am
Posts: 690
Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
{venusaur} / {empoleon}
YES! No more Sceptile! :D
anyway,same reason as before with Venasaur, and as for Empoleon, just as with all Sinnoh starters, is weak to the pokemon it's strong against. Look: fire->water->grass->fire, but that's ruined by: fighting->steel->grass/ground->fire. bUt that's not the only reason. I just plain don't like it. It never stood out to me as much as, say, Feraligatr or Swampert.

_________________
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." -Abraham Lincoln
"You can't argue with all the fools in the world- it's best to let them have their way and trick them while they're not looking." -Brom
Credit to Jester for the avatar!


Last edited by Edoc'sil on Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.



Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:42 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
{torterra} up/ {venusaur} down.

Same reasons as before. And venusaur is still mocking me, MOCKING ME! SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP! PLEASE!

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:49 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 2199
Location: Madison, WI
{typhlosion} / {venusaur}

Same reasons as all the previous rounds. You can go look them up if you really want to know.

_________________
Image


Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:32 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
Empoleon / Feraligatr

_________________


Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:03 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 6:07 pm
Posts: 573
Location: Lilycove City, Hoenn Region
-_-# I never saw this! If I had, Blaziken would have won!
Anyway, Edoc'sil, I think you're more like me than I thought. Torchie was the first Lv. 100 Pokemon I've ever had, as well as my first Pokemon ever.
But, Blaziken's been eliminated, so...
{empoleon} up, {torterra} down
Empoleon's my first choice whenever I restart my Platinum, because of his great defenses and decent moves. Torterra? Too slow, and both of the other starters can cream him before he gets the chance.


Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:15 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:13 am
Posts: 690
Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
The realy weird thing would be if Raichu was your second level 100. To un-spam and further my reasoning against Empoleon,
the only reason I have Empoleon is because me and my friend were battling one day. The one rule was this: the loser gives the winer their most rare/valuable/both pokemon to the winner. I won and got... his HM slave Empoleon. It's stats sucked. I taught it new moves but still got pwned by Flint's Rapidash. If Piplup had appeased the mighty moe, then I might like empoleon better. But I don't. :shock:

_________________
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." -Abraham Lincoln
"You can't argue with all the fools in the world- it's best to let them have their way and trick them while they're not looking." -Brom
Credit to Jester for the avatar!


Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:25 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:49 pm
Posts: 1196
Location: William McKinley High School. Lima, Ohio.
{blastoise} Up/ {feraligatr} Down.

You all know why I like Blastoise, you can look it up if you need or want to. I like Feraligatr, but at the same time I don't. The design of it to me looks down right ugly, I don't like it. Plus there are other waters I like from Johto more.

_________________
Image
I suck at WiFi battling.


Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:05 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:36 am
Posts: 124
Location: Indonesia (the biggest archipelago)
{charizard} up/ {empoleon} down

Chrizard - Before gen IV released, my fav pokemon is him
Empoleon - I hate him!!!!! Piplup was better than him. When I see Empoleon, he's like an evil Penguin, sorry for Empoleon lovers

_________________
----------------------------------------------------


Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:45 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 40
Location: Littleroot, Hoenn
{torterra} / {blastoise}

Torterra was the first starter that i chose where I actually knew what I was doing. On the previous generation games, I would choose the coolest looking one, because I didn't care and would eventually defeat the Elite Four without it. In Gen IV, this was not the case for me.

Blastoise is the most uncomfortable pokemon for me to use. Besides the fact that I never had a full playthrough of R/B/Y or FR/LG, I don't really have any feeling for the kanto starters, excluding Charizard (raised one for my friend who was on vacation and forgot his Pokemans.)


Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:39 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:32 pm
Posts: 400
{swampert} / {feraligatr}

Swampert same reason as before and Feraligatr is so STUPID!!

_________________
This is a signature. It is very good.
actually it's terrible, but let me believe what I want

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873


Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:57 pm
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
I request OP ends this round somehow, this round has lasted long enough and we're not making any progress. Perhaps by eliminating the Pokemon with the lowest score so far?

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:45 pm
Posts: 829
Location: In a Secret Hideout
{feraligatr}/ {empoleon} How dare you say ferailgatr is stupid
BTW frost what is the point of linking to posts from team hydro if no one else can read them?
Round 5!
Round 5 wrote:
{venusaur} 2/4
{charizard} 2/0
{blastoise} 3/2
{typhlosion} 2/-
{feraligatr} 1/3
{swampert} 1/-
{torterra} 2/2
{empoleon} 2/5

At this Point Empoleon would be voted Out and Blastiose would get immunitty

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 pm
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
/vXv\ wrote:
BTW frost what is the point of linking to posts from team hydro if no one else can read them?


>implying that I participated in, much less even acknowledged, the hellholes known as "Teams"

Image

_________________


Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:38 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 667
Location: In a night-sea journey
Finally this round is over!
Round 5 Results wrote:
{venusaur} 2/4
{charizard} 2/0
{blastoise} 3/2 Immunity
{typhlosion} 2/-
{feraligatr} 1/3
{swampert} 1/-
{torterra} 3/2 Immunity
{empoleon} 2/5 Booted


Jsuk /vXv\, Torterra got 3 votes instead of just 2, so he also gets immunity.

Round 6 wrote:
{venusaur} 0/1
{charizard} 1/0
{blastoise} 0/-
{typhlosion} 0/0
{feraligatr} 0/0
{swampert} 0/0
{torterra} 0/-


My vote is still {charizard} / {venusaur} same reasons.

_________________
Image


Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:42 pm
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
So this is pretty much a typical PEC in which all of my personal favorites get eliminated back-to-back-to-back. Yay. :/

Typhlosion (since my true remaining favorite has immunity) / Charizard (who I really should have voted for last round instead of Feraligatr)

_________________


Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:00 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 502
Location: Right Here
{typhlosion} up/ {venusaur} down

Same reasons as before.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:58 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:36 am
Posts: 124
Location: Indonesia (the biggest archipelago)
{charizard}/{feraligatr}

Charizard - same reason
Feraligatr - I just hate him, and I hate single type starters, except Typhlosion

_________________
----------------------------------------------------


Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.