It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Did that actually happen? II (New Round!) 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Okay, that was quick. The answers:
1) Sapphire: I forgot to grab the potion stored in my PC, so I lost to my rival, May.
True, there is a potion.
2) Emerald: In the battle pike, by the time I got to the pike master, my first pokemon was bordering on fainted because of the pokemon that attacked it in each room. Her stupid Gyarados easily one-hit it.
False, Gyarados was not her first pokemon in either challenge.
3) Platinum: I finally got all 22 decorations for my villa! It cost me a fortune for the Chandelier.
False, there are 20.
4) Diamond: I found a Medicham up in the snowy part of Mount Coronet.
True, they do live here.
5) Soul Silver: I taught my flaaffy headbutt in the Ilex forest and then came back to Azalea in order to obtain a Heracross from headbutting a tree.
True, I do that in every runthrough. Flaaffy can learn headbutt from the tutor in Ilex forest, and heracross can be headbutted down from a tree in Azelea.
6)Black: N's palace is a pain to get through in my Japanese game.
False, trick question, it's a castle not a palace.
7) LeafGreen: I almost peed myself when I found a shiny Suicune on the victory road waters. With a combination of a Mean Look, a switchout, and a slow whittle from my Blastoise and Crobat, I caught it! Time to celebrate!
True, I traded over the Blastoise. If I said that, it would be too easy.
8) Pokemon Ranger-Guardian Signs: After some time, I mastered Hitmontop's Ranger Sign.
True, if you complete a quest, you get Hitmontop's ranger sign.

You only got 2 wrong- Guardian Signs and Leafgreen. Your turn, ShinyLucario!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:38 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ummm can we lay of the Blcak/White until they've been released everywhere, kinda not fair to those who cant even get the game yet. Just sayin.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
2) Emerald: In the battle pike, by the time I got to the pike master, my first pokemon was bordering on fainted because of the pokemon that attacked it in each room. Her stupid Gyarados easily one-hit it.
False, Gyarados was not her first pokemon in either challenge.

You didn't specify that her first pokemon KO'd it.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
You're right, sorry for the fuzziness.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'll try to think of some good questions ASAP, sorry but you'll have to wait a while...
EDIT: Considering that this game may be dead by the time I think up really good questions, I'm ending this everlasting wait by posting 4 short & sweet questions. Enjoy (sort of)!

1. Sapphire: The 1st Pokemon you can see in the game belong to the same color group as the version mascot. ( {lucario} used Confusion!)
Sapphire: The little tree gecko never used a move during the intro.
2. There are currently 8 Pokemon that share the record of longest Chinese name!
3. Black: In order to get Monmen, Erufunn, Churine, & Doredia in your team at the same time, you'll need at least 4 balls & 1 Sun Stone.
4. Pearl: A ring of blue dots appeared as I sent out my Wobbuffet against a Murkrow.

Last edited by ShinyLucario on Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. Sapphire: The 1st Pokemon you can see in the game belong to the same color group as the version mascot.
False, Machoke appears blue, like kyogre, however its listed as a grey pokemon

2. There are currently 8 Pokemon that share the record of longest Chinese name!
True, Cresselia, Regigigas, deoxys, registeel, vibrava, aggron, heracross, omastar, all have a whooping 5 Characters (PS this was a really hard question)

3. Black: In order to get Monmen, Erufunn, Churine, & Doredia in your team at the same time, you'll need at least 4 balls & 1 Sun Stone.
I don't understand this question, but I know that only Monmen and erufunn appear wild in black you can trade 1 Monmen in-game for a churine, you can evolve that one into doredia w/ sun stone, but then you don't have a churine, So I think its false unless trading is allowed then its true

4. Pearl: A ring of blue dots appeared as I sent out my Wobbuffet against a Murkrow.
True, you didn't say it was a wild murkrow, which would be false, it could be a link battle, Dive ball produces blue dots.

Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1. it depends upon what he means if it is from the intro it is false latias is red and is grouped as such if it from when you click new game it is true azurill is grouped as blue if it is your charachter it is false machoke is grouped as grey if it is in battle it is false because poocheyna is grouped as grey if it from when you get the dex it is false unless you chose mudkip as your starter then it would be true because it is blue
2. true I got on bulbepedia and verified number of characters and saw what bat master saw.
3. is true if trades are possible false if trades are not allowed those pokemon are version exclusives and if you do decide to do/allow the in game trade it is false because you'd need two sun stones.
4. in a wild battle it would be false however in a trainer battle or wi-fi battle it is true

Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just noticed my problem too......when I say "the 1st Pokemon you can see" the intro may AND may not be included, making this question BOTH true & false!
I'm very sorry for the confusion...So I'm changing the 1st question to this:
A1: Sapphire: The little tree gecko never used a move during the intro.
(If any of my questions are still 'blurry', please tell me & I'll try to explain it.)
Hints: From having none of Monmen, Erufunn, Churine, or Doredia to having all of them in a team, what is the items you'll need at least?

Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What about breeding for #3 then you wouldn't need pokeballs as much

A1 Replacement: True, Because Treecko doesn't appear in the intro, only Mudkip and torchic

Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Here are the answers:

1. Sapphire: The little tree gecko never used a move during the intro.
TRUE, Treecko doesn't appear in the intro.
2. There are currently 8 Pokemon that share the record of longest Chinese name! (Mwahahaha the powers of a bilingual)
TRUE *checks* FALSE, you missed Magneton! (Even I miscounted the first time) they're *takes deep deep breath* ????? {magneton}, ????? {omastar}, ????? {heracross}, ????? {aggron}, ????? {vibrava}, ????? {registeel}, ????? {deoxys}, ????? {regigigas}, & ????? {cresselia}.
FALSE, all you need is 2 balls & 0 Sun Stone! Catch Monmen & Erufunn, breed them to get 2 Monmen then trade them for Churine & Doredia!
TRUE, you can catch wild Wobbuffet somewhere then use it in a link battle. (I was originally going to say Wynaut) BTW I believe it's the Net Ball that make the ring of blue dots?

So I announce the round goes to......The Unpronouceable Symbols The Bat Master!

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. Emerald: Despite what the Biker said I was Able to Ride My Bike from Route 118 all the Way through the dense Rain forest that is route 119 to the weather institute.
2. Stark Mountain Has the deepest continuous Cave of any game, having a whooping 12 levels beneath the surface, Mt. Silver and Mt. Cornet don't count because they go outside.
3. Platinum: Surskit {surskit} is one of 6 Pre-evolved pokemon that lose a type when they evolve
4. 4 legendary Pokemon (pre movie 14) have not been featured as main characters in a pokemon movie?
5. Platinum: 27 Pokemon have Signature moves which Bar events, are unique to them and smeargle.
6. Black: what 3 types are there alway legendaries of in each generation?

Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

1. false there is no biker on route 118
2.false it only has three levels entrance, Interior, Deepest part
3.False there are more than 6 pokemon that "lose a type" it is actually a type switch Scyther, Nincada, Swablu, Skorupi, Onix, pupitar, Surskit that makes 7 7>6
4. false ho-oh, Groudon, Uxie, Azelf, mesprit, Cressaila (however you spell it) only had a cameo and was not a main character That makes 6 6>4
5. I counted 28 signature moves excluding lines of evolution and because 3 belong to 1 pokemon that makes 25 25 does not equal 27
6. False there have only been 2 types that have been legendary through all 5 generations Psychic and flying (shaymin sky forme) gen 4 there was no water legenday in generation 1 Articuno (ice-flying) there was no fire legendary in gen 3 groudon (ground) and there was also not an electric legendary in gen 3 I guess the regi's kept there from being an electric type legendary and there was no ice type legendary in generation 2.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. Did I say the biker was on route 118? *checks* nope I didn't say that because I was talking about the biker at the bottom of route 119

2. Terrain levels, steps down Like this which has 2 levelsImage the half cliffs don't count at all

3. False is correct but your reasoning off

4. Right

5. I asked for pokemon with signature moves
for example Cubon and Marowak get bone club and Bonemerang, so thats 2 pokemon

6. Right

Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

editted 1, 3 and 5. 1 is false because there is no biker on route 119 what i'm trying to say on 3 in my original explenation is that a. if there are 7 pokeman that do that 7 is greater than 6 and b the pokemon in question just change one of its types to another type and as an addendum I know pupitar is an evolved pokemon. 5 smeargle and sketch, vespiqueen with attack order, defend order and heal order, darkai with dark void, palkia has spacial rend, dalgia has roar of time, heatran has magma storm, makuhita and hariyama with arm thrust, volbeat and tail glow and the only other one I am sure of and can think of right now is girtina and shadow force

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

1. True, Route 119 is the route with Tall grass that bikes can't drive though However One could use cut to mow a path through the tall grass, This link proves that there is in deed a biker on Route 119
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4107/bikerr.jpg

2. False, the deepest in game location is lugias cave in the whirl island, its over 20 levels deep.

3. False, Gloom, Onix, Scyther, Eevee, Pupatiar, Surskit, Ninacada, azurill, Swablu, Skorupi 10.

4. Right

5. Cubone+ Marowak Bone club+Boneamarang, Porygon porygon2 porygonz conversion 1+2, Smeargle Sketch, hitmontops triple kick, milktanks milk drink, Lugias aeroblast, ho-ohs sacred Fire, hariyamas+makita arm thrust, Latios luster purge, latias mist ball, Jirachis doom desire, vespiquens attack,heal, defend order, chatots chatter, Rhyperiors rock wreaker, dialgas roar of time, palkias spacial rend, heatrans magma storm, regigigas crush grip, giratinas shadow force, cresselias lunar dance, manaphys heart swap, darkrais dark void, shaymins seed flare, arceuss judgement.
29 pokemon manaphy learns tail glow

6. Right[/quote]

Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

And......sadly that wraps up our Did that actually happen? II. Thanks everyone for playing! I hope that you all had fun during this trivia game.
If I have the time I'll probably start III soon, but I'm also looking forward to someone else eg. Bat Master starting it. Happy New Year's Ever & Happy New Year!!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:49 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4