It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Sonic the Hedgehog EC | OVER 

The Final Two
Poll ended at Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:32 pm
Sonic the Hedgehog "Blue Blur" 40%  40%  [ 8 ]
Knuckles the Echidna "Knucklehead" 60%  60%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 20

Sonic the Hedgehog EC | OVER 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Sonic Underground" isn't exactly a well-known series of Sonic, but its still out there...

Knuckles/Egghead (That's Robotnik to you lot)

I watched an episode of "Sonic Underground" yesterday. So what happens? Knuckles nearly gets killed trying to save planet Mobius from distruction from a Chaos Emerald, the Master Chaos Emerald, being split in two. He gets a golden case that can contain the chaos energy from his grandfather. And literally saves the world./
Quote:
With an IQ of 300,
And what does he use all that IQ for? Evil. He is nothing but pure evil. I find that maybe his IQ isn't as high as it is supposedly, due to what he does in the games.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:04 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Rouge is one of the few newer Sonic characters who I like. I think she has a pretty neat design (she's a.... ninja whore bat!) and she was one of the more memorable characters when I used to watch Sonic X out of boredom occasionally. / I've already explained multiple times that robot characters who aren't enemies in the Sonic series are lame, and Emerl is the last one, so out he goes.

Last edited by Frost on Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:09 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Cream was cute, and one of the only decent 3D Sonic characters. For the 20 or so minutes I suffered through playing Heroes, she was the only character who made me laugh (flying with her ears). :p / I don't know who Emerl is, so he gets my vote. lol Sonic series after 3D Blast

Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Fails at life
Fails at life

What Frost said. She's teh r0xx0rz meh bl0xx0rs.(Tetris reference) / Blaze is basically a character who's going to disappear in the next Sonic game, who has a poorly made up past that the brain of me could make a better past for a
character. She also looks like a weirdo cat with pointy ears.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:44 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

ghett0, I didn't count your vote because Blaze has already been booted.

Immunity: Shadow
Boot: Emerl

Last edited by pelligargetic on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:37 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Shadow / Rouge

DNA wrote:
Shadow may be essentially just a copy of Sonic, but he's more than that. He has his own story behind him, elaborating on his mysterious past. He also strives to be better than Sonic in every way, whatever the cost. In essence, he's a lot more than just some cheap copy - he's like Sonic's polar opposite; each completes the other.

She may not be filler like Tikal, but she's another one of those "just there" characters. She is mostly a supporter, and pops up from time to time to help out, but she's a secret agent with loyalty issues. If she's supposed to serve the government (and I don't think that extends beyond Sonic Battle or lolSonicX), then why does she take a "tip" from jewels stores she steals from? Besides, I don't see any correlation between bats, the government, or jewel thieves.
Ok, scratch my first comment. She is just filler. Urgh, another one.

- DNA

Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shadow/Cream

Shadow is a dark and bad ass guy. Like DNA said, he was originaly a copy of Sonic but in the newer games he developed his own skills and powers that Sonic lacks. He is skilled in the means of weaponry from guns to swords, and using the powers of the Chaos Emerald to use Chaos Control and Chaos Blast. The whole 'Shadow is emo' thing has to stop, it is a weak opinion that is not supported at all. In the Sonic Next Gen, Shadow now works as a government agent. This gives him a bit of a James Bond kind of touch, working in secret using special government tools. The fact that he is part if an evil alien race adds to his character, for his Black Arms blood gave him a hard time choosing between saving the world and destroying it.

Groudon King wrote:
Cream is a nice girl but not really up to appearing in the main storyline in any Sonic games as a playable character. The only thing she has going for her is her Chao, Cheese, which can kill anything in one tackle *excluding bosses.* Now as cool as a kick butt Chao is, that only lowers her value as a playable character since she can't really do much for herself. She can fly but the way she flies has already been done. *cough*Dumbo*cough*

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:01 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Quote:
I've never been a huge fan of the Sonic series, but I like Knuckles. He's like Shadow with the crappy emo bits removed. Also, he can punch and glide in the Advance games, which is a far better record than *say* Amy with her inability to even spin.

I've never seen Metal Sonic in a game, but he looks freaky. Also, I don't feel like booting off anyone else until the sideshow characters are removed.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

A white, emo, carefree bat. Plus, she is an ebil liar. I mean, who can both work for the government and steal stuff at the same time and be careless about it? <3

The main characters are nearly always the worst. See: Pikachu. Plus: he's annoying.

The Jonatron wrote:
Xatu Unlickely this guy wont get powered.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:26 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Knux is a mini-Shadow. I mean, look at him. He doesn't know the real reason he exists, he has a dark past, etc. He also gets some awesome upgrade, is strong, has that nice attitude thing, and of course, he's RED.
Gnaaye wrote:

The main characters are nearly always the worst. See: Pikachu. Plus: he's annoying.

And Ash, Yugi, Naruto, etc. And all the reasons on my last post:
He's acting all cool but isn't really that cool when you think about it and see how little he's done and all the spotlights he's stealing. Almost everyone (including *GASP* Tails) might make a better main character.

Last edited by SkyBlitz on Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:38 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

The Frosty One wrote:
]Rouge is one of the few newer Sonic characters who I like. I think she has a pretty neat design (she's a.... ninja whore bat!) and she was one of the more memorable characters when I used to watch Sonic X out of boredom occasionally.

/
Eggman is supposed to have an IQ of 150; what the heck does he use it for!? He has badly constructed robots with really cheap metal that can be smashed by a darned hedgehog, come on! He's an evil villain that's pawned by a blue hedgehog! His desire to power makes him rush the robots so he can get the emeralds sooner, and he's always foiled in the end! And he's what makes the Sonic games easy! I beat him about 15 times in a row in Sonic 1!

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:03 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Already explained this one. / Metal Sonic is not only a robot, but he's a villainous copy of the main character. I find that incredibly lame and I would have voted for Metal Sonic instead of Emerl if I had actually consulted MS's Wiki page before voting last round. Honestly, how many series have a stock "evil robot clone" character? Plus, he looks stupid.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:32 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Rouge isn't Shadow. And she's hot.

Metal Sonic was annoying in Sonic 2. It was tedious going into Death Egg Zone, fighting Metal Sonic, losing against Robotnik, starting over and fighting Metal Sonic over. and over. and over. It takes me at least 30 tries to beat Death Egg, and that means I have to go through Metal Sonic 30 or so times.

I'm going to lose all faith in this forum if Sonic gets booted before Shadow. Seriously. I don't think I've seen any stupider reasons to hate Sonic than Gnaaye's reason.

Last edited by Krisp on Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Rouge / Metal Sonic

Rouge isn't Shadow. And she's hot.

Metal Sonic was annoying in Sonic 2. It was tedious going into Death Egg Zone, fighting Metal Sonic, losing against Robotnik, starting over and fighting Metal Sonic over. and over. and over. It takes me at least 30 tries to beat Death Egg, and that means I have to go through Metal Sonic 30 or so times.

I'm going to lose all faith in this forum if Sonic gets booted before Shadow. Seriously. I don't think I've seen any stupider reasons to hate Sonic than Gnaaye's reason.

I agree with this completely.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Its likely you waon't belive me, but Cream is the best character in the Sonic Serires for the GBA. Her homing attack (from Cheese) kills everything no matter how far away they are, as long as they are on screen. She may not do much by herself, but then Champion Wallace can't do much by himself; he needs to use his allies./Like I said, Sonic eats too much. His love for chilli dogs certainly grosses me out, and as for the games... Well, you'll just have to play the GBA series games to find out. (hint: hes no where near as good as cream/tails)

<s>P.S. And Krisp, if you're saying Rouge isn't Shadow, that's one of the reasons to BOOT her. (Sorry, I had to do that)</s>

Please Refrain from making personal attacks on other people's vote choices. This goes for ALL posters in this thread. Thank you. -JsXtm

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:59 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Gnaaye, I'm not counting your vote because your reasons have no substance.

Sonic/Metal Sonic
Same as before. / Like I said, there really are no characters I dislike left. However, I never really cared for Metal Sonic one way or the other. The only thing cool about him was his metal overlord form, his amazingly large amount of loathe for Sonic, and theme song in SH. Other than that, he has nothing going for him. Later, bub.

Immunity: Rouge
Boot: Metal Sonic

Last edited by pelligargetic on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:15 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

The REAL hedgehog. The original mascot for the Sonic series and Sega in general. Everyone liked his games, until Sega took a giant dump on the series and created Shadow and horrible 3D games like Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (although I've never played the latter; I learned not to spend money on Sega's games anymore.)

I was never going to refer to Shadow as "overrated", because I was sure nobody cared about him at all. However, this forum has proved me wrong, but that's not definite proof he's popular; I think it's just this forum in general. My reason for voting off Shadow is 1) 3D Sonic console games are horrible, and so is he and 2) Emo characters to attract stupid preteens ftl.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:47 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

pelligargetic wrote:
I really like Vector. He's a strong leader, but still so goofy. He's intelligent and strong enough to lead a group of successful detectives, yet he still has that childlike wonder. He also is always wearing headphones, which is cool because I like music a lot, and I also read somewhere that he is slightly religious, which in my mind, also puts him in a mature light. I also like his gold chain and black shoes.

Cream is the only one left that, IMO, doesn't have anything cool about her going on. Sonic, Robotnik, Rouge, Chaos, I like already. The OVA version of Tails (while not video game canon, but still exists) might just be my favorite character from anything ever. Knuckles' mysterious past, gullible yet strong personality is cool. Shadow is one of the few people who respects Robotnik, and I liked his SA2 appearance. Big is stupid, but I like the fact that he's so laid-back, and all he really wants to do his live his life happily with Froggy, and the only times he's playable is when something is disrupting that, so he really just wants to lead an average life, yet keeps getting pulled into things. And Marine...well, I guess I like Marine and Cream the same, but I just decided to vote against her this time around. Marine has an Australian accent whereas Cream has an extremely annoying voice, so... >_>

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:49 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Post <
Cream / Shadow

Already explained Cream previously. In short, bunnies. <3

Honestly, I don't even know what purpose Shadow is serving. Based on his design, it seems like the Sonic Team were trying to create an evil version/counterpart of Sonic. Unfortunately, Sonic already had a rival in Knuckles, so Shadow seems kind of extraneous. Shadow also looks like a really lame attempt at being "dark," and as a result, looks pretty emo and stupid. And, like Krisp said, lol 3D/newer Sonic games. Plus, any character who amasses as an annoying fanbase as Shadow has is always somebody I dislike.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:52 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Go see my last four posts in this topic to know why I'm voting Knuckles. ¬¬

Chaos looks cool, but not that Sonic-y; also, I've never heard of him before, so I'm voting him off before the other characters.

Edit: Incidently, Shadow has a fanbase? O_o

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:57 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shadow/Cream

Shadow is a dark and bad ass guy. Like DNA said, he was originaly a copy of Sonic but in the newer games he developed his own skills and powers that Sonic lacks. He is skilled in the means of weaponry from guns to swords, and using the powers of the Chaos Emerald to use Chaos Control and Chaos Blast. The whole 'Shadow is emo' thing has to stop, it is a weak opinion that is not supported at all. In the Sonic Next Gen, Shadow now works as a government agent. This gives him a bit of a James Bond kind of touch, working in secret using special government tools. The fact that he is part if an evil alien race adds to his character, for his Black Arms blood gave him a hard time choosing between saving the world and destroying it. Edit: And Shadow was the first character to really rival Sonic. Metal Sonic was made by Eggman to match Sonic's speed, but Shadow's speed storyline wise wasn't made to rival anyone. Knuckles fails as being called Sonic's rival, he doesn't have the speed to match Sonic and the only reason he even fights with Sonic is because Eggman tricks him all the time. So Shadow is and will always be the true rival to Sonic, no one comes close.

Groudon King wrote:
Cream is a nice girl but not really up to appearing in the main storyline in any Sonic games as a playable character. The only thing she has going for her is her Chao, Cheese, which can kill anything in one tackle *excluding bosses.* Now as cool as a kick butt Chao is, that only lowers her value as a playable character since she can't really do much for herself. She can fly but the way she flies has already been done. *cough*Dumbo*cough*

I feel hurt that you guys say that stuff about the 3D games. Sega can only do 2D for so long, yes they are classics that will never die, but they couldn't possibly make more 2D games. New characters have added flavor to the Sonic games. If they never changed anything from the first game, the only characters in existance would be Sonic and Eggman, how fun would it be if it was them and only them, forever and ever and ever and ever and so on, it would get boring. Aside from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, all the 3D games have kept up with the style of gameplay that should be in all Sonic games, high speed, scores, many robots to smash, so on. So reasons for disliking the 3D game are unclear... The only think I'm happy about here is that no one voted anyone off because of voice actors, because the actors of now are the worst of all and should not be counted as the characters voice. And if you are going to say something bad about a character, it has to be REAL, no more of the "Emo" stuff because I know the Sonic series and characters, there is nothing at all that suggests any character is emo, so tell the truth and not spit out lies. I have said it before I respect opinions with support, and disrepect those without support.

PS: When this contest ends I will give my full opinion on all the characters and Games I've played. That opinion will be supported by the facts and no lies about the game and characters.

irrelevance minimized. I have said this once, and I will say it again, ENOUGH WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACKS! This is a COMPETITION, and so SOMEONE is going to LOSE. If you're going to take votes against your favorite character personally, GET OUT OF THIS TOPIC. If ONE MORE person complains about another person's vote, I'll lock the thread. -JsXtm

Last edited by Groudon King on Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sonic / Shadow

The REAL hedgehog. The original mascot for the Sonic series and Sega in general. Everyone liked his games, until Sega took a giant dump on the series and created Shadow and horrible 3D games like Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 (although I've never played the latter; I learned not to spend money on Sega's games anymore.)

I was never going to refer to Shadow as "overrated", because I was sure nobody cared about him at all. However, this forum has proved me wrong, but that's not definite proof he's popular; I think it's just this forum in general. My reason for voting off Shadow is 1) 3D Sonic console games are horrible, and so is he and 2) Emo characters to attract stupid preteens ftl.

Sonic represents everything the series once was, fun. Shadow represents everything the series is now, a horribly clichéd, boring waste of money and time. The series is dying. :/
And Shadow is emo.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I already listed my reasons, but I'll add some. Chaos is a bit like Shadow. He has a nice, warm, caring personality and wants to protect the Chao, but if he needs to, he'll all out on someone. He gets cool transformations, and of course, he's a Sonic mythological character. Old characters are somehow appealing to me (as in ones from old times)

Robotnik, like Ghett0 said, supposedly has 300 IQ. But he wastes it all. He's fat, and dies to a FOX, ECHIDNA, AND HEDGHOG, not mention the occasional PINK hedgehog. Plus, he can't even control his own robots. So much for genius.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Its likely you waon't belive me, but Cream is the best character in the Sonic Serires for the GBA. Her homing attack (from Cheese) kills everything no matter how far away they are, as long as they are on screen. She may not do much by herself, but then Champion Wallace can't do much by himself; he needs to use his allies./Like I said, Sonic eats too much. His love for chilli dogs certainly grosses me out, and as for the games... Well, you'll just have to play the GBA series games to find out. (hint: hes no where near as good as cream/tails)

P.S. Sorry, Krisp + JsXtm

Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:27 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Immunity: Sonic, Knuckles, Vector
Boot: Shadow

Last edited by pelligargetic on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:07 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next