It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:00 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 Rewrite Pokedex Information Competition 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Dark Team Magma HQ {planning to capture Dark Groudon}
*The Competition is over and the Winner is StevensNightmare*

Here is the competition -
1. Take your favorite Pokemon pokedex information and rewrite it to make it more creative or give the pokemon a different background.
2. To win you must give the most creative pokedex info rewrite.
3. The competition will be from 4/29/07 - 5/29/07 (1 month duration)

Rules -
1. dont spam
2. All forum rules apply
3. dont steal other pokedex rewrite ideas

Form for submitting your pokedex rewrite -

Code:
Pokemon -
Original Pokedex info -
Rewritten Pokedex info -

Rewrite Entries -
-Blazikendude (Gyarados)
-John Cena (Lucario)
-spongedude (Mew)
-elusivedragonite (Dragonite)
-JsXtm (Mewtwo
-The Obsidian Wolf (Xatu)
-Treeckoluv (Abra)
-hfxjus (Unown)
-StarLatias (Rapidash)
-Lord_Regigigas (Regigigas)
-StevensNightmare (Castform) Winner
-ArtisticPlatypus (Kabutops)

Last edited by Alucard on Tue May 29, 2007 6:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:22 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Doesn't really matter. It's not like I'm standing right behind you with a knife...
Pokemon- Gyarados
Original pokedex info- In acient literature, there is a record of a Gyarados that razed a village when violence flared. [Pearl entry]
Rewritten pokedex info- Several emergency evacuation orders have been issued in history due to rampaging Gyarados burning the village to ashes whenever vilolence starts. When they evolved from Magikarp, they gain great swimming and flying abilitys, being able to withstand the most powerful of currents.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Original Pokedex Entry: By catching the aura emanating from others, it can read their thoughts and movements.
Rewritten Pokedex Entry: Even though Lucario is a fighting/Steel, it is also like a psychic. With a mysterious aura, it can read minds of other pokemon. It was often mistaken as a legendary and is most likely a dude.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

yay the first 2 entries i am making a list of entries in the first post

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:06 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I guess I'll enter for the Psybucks, but I ain't much of a writer :roll:

Pokemon: Mew
Original Entry: A Mew is said to possess the genes of all Pokemon. It is capeable of making itself invisible at will, so it entirely avoids notice even if it approaches people.
Rewritten Enrty: Not much is known about this elusive Pokemon. It is said that it has the ability to turn invisible at will making this Pokemon a mirage even to experts. It is also said to contain genes of every single Pokemon making it "The Ancestor Of All Pokemon".

Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:04 pm
PROBATION
PROBATION

National Dex Number: 149
English Name: Dragonite
Japanese Name: Kairyu
Original Entry (Diamond/Pearl):It is said to make its home somewhere in the sea. It guides crews of shopwrecks to shore.
Rewritten Entry: A legendary pokemon that has a high intelligence that is found to be a kind hearted, useful pokemon but needs high training to sustain it's recognition.

Current Diamond Team: Empoleon, Rapidash, Roserade, Dialga, Staraptor, Luxray.
Diamond Team Traded: {charizard}, {tyranitar}, {alakazam}, {gengar}, {dragonite}, {gyarados}.
Friend Code coming soon until I get my Nintendo DS USB Wi-Fi Connecter.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:02 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Original Entry (D/P): A Pokemon created by recombining Mew's genes. It's said to have the most savage heart among Pokemon.
New entry: m3wtw0 1s th3 m0st 1337 p0k3m0nz 1n t3h g4m3. m3wtw0 0wnz0rz y0u!

Meh... probably doesn't even deserve to be submitted, but I thought it was funny. Plus, it needed to be said, because Mewtwo really is that 1337.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:14 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

{xatu} XATU

Original one: This odd Pokemon can see both the past and the future. It eye's the suns movements all day.

My one: It has been rumoured that before civilisation existed, ancient tribes would worship Xatu when they would migrate to the hotter regions. As a result, this Pokemon was considered a deity in its time.

"Play with fire and expect to be burned."

Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: In your kitchen, holding a knife. And it's not for the vegetables...
Original pokedex info [Diamond]:It sleeps for 18 hours a day. Even when awake, It teleports itself while remaining seated.
Rewritten pokedex info:It has been said that Abra teleports away if it senses danger, even in it's sleep, but rarely anyone has been able to find one. Even in the 6 hours it's awake a day, it still engages it's senses.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Original Pokedex info - This pokemon is shaped like ancient writing.It is a mystery as to which came first, the ancient writings or the various unown. Research into this topic is ongoing but nothing is known.

Rewritten Pokedex info - This pokemon is shaped in many different forms. It is not known if the different unowns or ancient writing came first. Scientists are still researching and finding information about unknown but to no avail.

Tue May 01, 2007 12:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Arising from my frozen state of death to curse you!
Original Pokedex info - Just loves to run. If it sees something faster than itself, it will give chase at top speed
Rewritten Pokedex info - A docile Pokémon that fights back as a last resort. Despite its gentleness, a Rapidash kicks so powerfully, it can easily break the bones of humans and Pokémon alike.

The cold-blooded Latias expert in Asia with powers over the stars.

80d10302

Tue May 01, 2007 3:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Original pokedex entry: There is an enduring legend that states this Pokemon towed continents with ropes.

Edited pokedex entry: A very old legend states that this pokemon, with the help of regirock, regice, and registeel, moved the newly created continents into place.

I hope this is good enough to win.

Fri May 25, 2007 4:08 pm
blah blah blah

Original Pokedex info - It is the world's most beautiful pokemon. There are many works of art featuring Milotic
Rewritten Pokedex info - It is the most beautiful pokemon. It is said that if any guy can evolve a feebas into milotic all girls will be attracted to that guy

Fri May 25, 2007 5:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is long. More like a short story compressed into pokedex format.

Pokemon - {castform}
Original description: Castform borrows the power of nature to transform itself into the guises of the sun, rain clouds, and snow clouds. This pokemon's feelings change with the weather.
Rewritten description: Castform was the result of a psycho-genetic experiment performed by primitive humans a hundred thousand years ago. At that time, humans had intuitive knowledge of genetic engineering, and by placing a Ditto in an encirclement of the four elemental stones and focusing light from two sun and moon shards, an Alakazam would fuse his mind with a Ditto and using the combined powers restructure the Ditto's DNA.

The result was awe-inspiring, then horrific. The fusion of the three weather based polarities, combined with Alakazam's mental powers, caused the Ditto's molecular structure to destabilize and the radiation changed it's color to white. Then it realigned itself into Castform's present day body. The experiment was a seeming success - Here was a pokemon that can manupulate the four elements at will and change matter at the molecular level. The first Castform demostrated it's powers by completely disintergrating a massive thunderstorm.

But as with all beings with great power, it needs to be controled, but the fusion process could not teach self-restraint. And sure enough, once he saw his powers for himself, the Alakazam's desire for learning took over, and with no restraint the first Castform began recreating and destroying everything around him, extending the powers of his previous forms outside his body. His power rose to such a level that only a Mew could stop him, and indeed, he was subdued by one. She then wiped his memory clean and reduced his strength immensely to maintain a balance.

You know that Castform is nowhere near as strong today. But lying at the basest essence of every Castform, is a dormant power that can dethrone the legendaries and bring the world to it's knees....

Sat May 26, 2007 9:22 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: The chair by the computer, my house, Mölnbo, Sörmlands län, Sweden, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Original Pokedex info - With sharp claws, this ferocious, ancient pokemon rips apart prey and suck their body fluids
Rewritten Pokedex info - This pokemon is a merciless and deadly hunter. It uses ninja tecniques to kill its prey.

Sun May 27, 2007 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Tue May 29, 2007 6:16 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tue May 29, 2007 6:18 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 17 posts ]