It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:26 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Song Game 34 - Win Over One THOUSAND Psybucks 
The Geek
The Geek

That's right, more than one THOUSAND Psybucks. How? It's easy; we're going to play another song game.

For those of you unfamilliar with the song game concept, it works like so: I'll provide you with a link to an MP3 of several (in this case, 20) songs, all cut up and mashed together. You have to identify those songs (both artist and title) to win points, and the most points wins.

Now, traditionally, song games worked by just having random clips, but the last round I did was different; there were lyrics that all strung together. This round will be more of the same.

To help explain this, let's look at the following two songs: "Crazy Train" by Ozzy and "Runaway Train" by Soul Asylum. Ozzy's song contains the line "I'm going off the rails on a crazy train." The other song has the line "Runaway train never coming back." If I were to combine them, the result would be:
I'm going off the rails on a crazy
Train never coming back

As you can see, the first word of one song is what WOULD have been the next word of the song before it. In the case of the example above, a third song would have to begin with the word "wrong" as the next line of "Runaway Train" is "wrong way down a one-way track." Understand?

Now, points and scoring. For each song you guess correctly, you will receive TWO points. After a while, hints will be given, and you can then score ONE point for each song. At the end, each point you have will be worth 25 Psybucks. In addition, the following prizes are available:
1st Place: 1000PB
2nd Place: 500PB
3rd Place: 250PB
4th Place: 100PB
So, if you guess ALL the songs correctly before the hints, you'll get 40 points, worth 1000PB, PLUS get the 1000PB prize, for a total of TWO THOUSAND Psybucks.

Now, the final technicalities. The game will run until next Saturday, November 4th. ALL ANSWERS ARE TO BE SENT IN PM TO ME. And, finally, because this round contains lyrics, NO GOOGLING. If you give me any reason to suspect that you have cheated by Googling the lyrics, you will be disqualified.

And now... have fun:
http://media.putfile.com/Psypoke-Song-Game-Round-34

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
The Geek
The Geek

I'm going to extend the deadline for this until next Saturday, and I'll post hints in the morning/later on today. In the mean time, PM me more guesses and a vote for the following:

HINTS! Synonyms, antonyms, and others!

1. Euphoria
2. Partially Dead
3. ...until we get there?
4. Are you LOST?
5. lol, Phil Collins
6. No need for a Last Resort
7. Luftwaffe - RAF stalemate
8. Pogo, pogo, pogo, pogo, pogo, pogo...
9. Not quite DOA... have a sammich
10. No, it's not Manson's cover, or Billy Idol's....
11. I am a geek, I tell you!
12. Lose Yourself
13. You make the rockin' world go 'round...
14. A nice round number....
15. Don't wanna be an American Idiot, because it was better back then...
16. Yes, Boss.
17. Big in Japan.. and live too.
18. Ms. Homocide
19. White Collar Desk Job
20. Take my punishment

SONG GAME OVAH! SCORES HEAH!

POINTS AND PRIZES:
Skull Kid: 18 (no prize)
Kryten: 14 (1000 + 350 = 1350)
Rubypoke: 8 (500 + 200 = 700)
Blue Baby Dragon: 4 (no prize)
DragonPhoenix: 2 ((250 + 100)/4 + 50 = 138)
Mr.M.M.J.: 2 ((250 + 100)/4 + 50 = 138)
tessa7338: 2 ((250 + 100)/4 + 50 = 138)
Master Zeke: 2 ((250 + 100)/4 + 50 = 138)

Awards will be handed out as soog as I can collect the funds and have the time to send them all out.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]