It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Official RBY Team Rating Thread 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
Just posting my team from Pokemon Red.

venasaur
~Growth
~Sleep Powder
~Body Slam
~Solar Beam

Basic moveset here. Put the foe to sleep and use Growth several times. Attack with Solar Beam, and Body Slam as a main attack.

body slam uses attack, and venasaur is a special attacker, so lose the body slam, and give it something else... not much to give it tho... I would use a vieplume with petal dance, sleep powder, reflect, and rest

golem
~Earth Quake
~Rock Slide
~Submission
~Explosion

Just takes out the opponents Pokemon with strong attack. When it has taken enough damage I just use Explosion.

earthquake is one word, but this looks like an ok move set

jolteon
~Thunder
~Pin Missile
~Sand Attack
~Dig

Sand Attack the opponent for the accuracy to fall. Sweeps away with Thunder.

keep in mind that jolteon has a lower attack, so try to stay with your special attacks, and i would suggest replacing pin missile with toxic, so you could toxic and dig

lapras
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Confuse Ray
~Body Slam

Annoyer set. Start off with Confuse Ray and keep using Body Slam until the foe has been paralyzed.

replace body slam with sing, and you can sleep in 1, maybe 2 turns and then wreck

snorelax
~Body Slam
~Earth Quake
~Rock Slide
~Double-Edge

My Snorlax basically just inflicts as much damage as possible before going down.
replace double edge with rest to wreck, and you might replace body slam with hyperbeam, because there is no recharge if you ko

dodrio
~Drill Peck
~Tri Attack
~Agility
~Fly

Uses Agility to speed up against faster opponents. Sweeps away with Drill Peck and Tri Attack.
I'm guessing than you already have fly on dodrio, so nevermind about that, but it is fine other than that

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:24 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

First I would like to thank ShotDuck and Benjamin for help with my old team. Re-did my team a bit after the last few comments I got on it. I found out to late that blastoise is very sturdy and strong and I don't want to restart to get him. I have Blue version btw and it is very tedious for me to get Alakazam, Gengar, Golem, and/or Machamp. Anyway with the help that I recaived I decided to go with this. And btw, I have pokemon Chrystal for tradeback moves but the save battery died so I have to go about 1/4 through the game in one sitting to do the time capsule thing but if it is worth it I don't minding spending a rainy day doing it.

{chansey}
Sing
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
Reflect
Softboiled

Chansey offsets bad defense with reflect, sings for status, then pounds away with special attacks.

{slowbro}
Surf
Psychic
Rest
Amnesia

Slowbro usually has time to fully use Amnesia and, coupled with his already high defense, can sweep the field with relatively zero consequences. Most grass types are duel poison so Psychic owns them. Surf for STAB and rest for recovery, Slowbro can usually survive the two turns.

{exeggutor}
Mega Drain
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Psychic

Same as last time. He owns all waters, even those that know Ice Beam because he regens Hp to fast via Leech Seed and Mega Drain. If he is frozen by the beam, well then he is down.

{dugtrio} / {rhydon}
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Slash/Take Down
Agility/?

I just cannot decide. Rhydon has many more weakneses than dugtrio and is 4X weak to two types but does have loads more hp. The attack, I am pretty sure but have never really tested, goes to Dugtrio because he crits almost every time. I am leaning toward rhydon but there are lots of faster pokemon that know razor leaf, mega drain, or surf that will KO him becasue of his bad Special. I know a couple of guys suggested some special attacks for Rhydon but with the lack of EV's and Nature's in R/B/Y the damage output is very low and Starmie can use Surf and Thunderbolt to a much greater effect. Leanin toward Dugtrio.

{charizard} / {arcanine}
EQ/Dig
Flamethrower
Body Slam
Swords Dance/Toxic

These two are the best fire pokemon I could find. Arcanine packs a bit more physical punch then Charizard, does not have electric weakness, and does not take 4X damage from Rock Slide, but he is a bit slower and is a bit less powerful in the Special category (again I'm pretty sure this is true but not positive) and gets hit by EQ. Dig, I believe, is just as strong as EQ in R/B/Y but gives the opponents a heads up on whats coming. Body Slam is more more status effects then damage but it is still respectable. Swords Dance and Toxic were kinda thrown in there because I couldn't find viable alternatives to them and I think the work reasonably well. Leanin towards Arcanine. Problem is that I will have to trade to get Arcanine.

{nidoking} / {dragonite}
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
EQ/Thunder Wave.
Body Slam

This guy I am pretty sure I can replace with something better, maybe Jolteon. I am not sure what to fill this spot with. Help here plz.

Tried to get rid of the plethora of weaknesses I had but still keep general idea. And just a sidenote to Benjamin; thanks for the info but I don't see how Executor, and certainly Starmie, cannot be considered to posses "OOMPH" and both can KO "again and again". I know that you know ALOT more than me on this subject, hence you being a rater, but of the pokemon that you suggested: I cannot use Alakazam and gengar and I do not want to use Mewtwo. I know it was my fault for not specifying the things I cannot do/ do not like but this is just for future reference for anyone who ends up rating this team. But overall thank you very much, along with ShotDuck, for your input.
(I apologize for any errors in this, it was late when I typed it up).

Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
First I would like to thank ShotDuck and Benjamin for help with my old team. Re-did my team a bit after the last few comments I got on it. I found out to late that blastoise is very sturdy and strong and I don't want to restart to get him. I have Blue version btw and it is very tedious for me to get Alakazam, Gengar, Golem, and/or Machamp. Anyway with the help that I recaived I decided to go with this. And btw, I have pokemon Chrystal for tradeback moves but the save battery died so I have to go about 1/4 through the game in one sitting to do the time capsule thing but if it is worth it I don't minding spending a rainy day doing it.

chansey
Sing
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
Reflect
Softboiled

I would personally prefer a snorelax with hyperbeam (no recharge it it KOs, and a stab), EQ, Rock slide, and rest, because he provides a better wall, and a nice attack, and you already have a lot of special moves

Chansey offsets bad defense with reflect, sings for status, then pounds away with special attacks.

slowbro
Surf
Psychic
Rest
Amnesia

I would try using ice beam instead of amnesia, because he has a nice special, and if he KOs in one turn you don't need all that special defense

Slowbro usually has time to fully use Amnesia and, coupled with his already high defense, can sweep the field with relatively zero consequences. Most grass types are duel poison so Psychic owns them. Surf for STAB and rest for recovery, Slowbro can usually survive the two turns.

executor
Mega Drain
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Psychic

I think this should work, so good luck

Same as last time. He owns all waters, even those that know Ice Beam because he regens Hp to fast via Leech Seed and Mega Drain. If he is frozen by the beam, well then he is down.

dugtrio / rhydon
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Slash/Take Down
Agility/?

rydon has better stats, and with EQ, Rock slide, rest, and hyper beam, but if you use a snorelax I would switch for a hitmonchan with the fire, thunder, and ice punch, and submission (breed through crystal if necessary)

I just cannot decide. Rhydon has many more weakneses than dugtrio and is 4X weak to two types but does have loads more hp. The attack, I am pretty sure but have never really tested, goes to Dugtrio because he crits almost every time. I am leaning toward rhydon but there are lots of faster pokemon that know razor leaf, mega drain, or surf that will KO him becasue of his bad Special. I know a couple of guys suggested some special attacks for Rhydon but with the lack of EV's and Nature's in R/B/Y the damage output is very low and Starmie can use Surf and Thunderbolt to a much greater effect. Leanin toward Dugtrio.

charizard/ arcanine
EQ/Dig
Flamethrower
Body Slam
Swords Dance/Toxic

charizrd with toxic, flamethrower, earthquake, and maybe even fly should do it, and you need not worry about weaknesses when you are powerful enough to ko in one attack

These two are the best fire pokemon I could find. Arcanine packs a bit more physical punch then Charizard, does not have electric weakness, and does not take 4X damage from Rock Slide, but he is a bit slower and is a bit less powerful in the Special category (again I'm pretty sure this is true but not positive) and gets hit by EQ. Dig, I believe, is just as strong as EQ in R/B/Y but gives the opponents a heads up on whats coming. Body Slam is more more status effects then damage but it is still respectable. Swords Dance and Toxic were kinda thrown in there because I couldn't find viable alternatives to them and I think the work reasonably well. Leanin towards Arcanine. Problem is that I will have to trade to get Arcanine.

dragonite / nidoking
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
EQ/Thunder Wave.
Body Slam

keep the dragonite, and give it ice beam, thunder bolt, hyperbeam, and surf. dragonite has a nice special attack, and an even better attack, so his ice, electric, and water attacks will be tough, and hyper beam is a bit stronger than body slam, and it doesn't recharge if you KO the opponent's pokemon, and with dragonite's attack, he will own

This guy I am pretty sure I can replace with something better, maybe Jolteon. I am not sure what to fill this spot with. Help here plz.

Tried to get rid of the plethora of weaknesses I had but still keep general idea. And just a sidenote to Benjamin; thanks for the info but I don't see how Executor, and certainly Starmie, cannot be considered to posses "OOMPH" and both can KO "again and again". I know that you know ALOT more than me on this subject, hence you being a rater, but of the pokemon that you suggested: I cannot use Alakazam and gengar and I do not want to use Mewtwo. I know it was my fault for not specifying the things I cannot do/ do not like but this is just for future reference for anyone who ends up rating this team. But overall thank you very much, along with ShotDuck, for your input.
(I apologize for any errors in this, it was late when I typed it up).

Hope this helps, and you can replace the crystal game's battery. try googling how to do this, but i hear you can buy a replacement battery at target, and if that still doesn't help, RBY, and GSC games are really cheap used at game stores now

;-)

on another note, why isn't anyone else replying to this thread?

Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

123gojj wrote:
{chansey}
Sing
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt
Reflect
Softboiled

Hrmm...I would pass on sing. Put thunderbolt over it. It's more preference, though. If you want sing, just go straight-up ice beam to prevent a ground walling you.

{slowbro}
Surf
Psychic
Rest
Amnesia

I would reconsider surf. Maybe put the thunderbolt here that didn't make it onto Chansey? ;D

{exeggutor}
Mega Drain
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Psychic

Yes. If you're into that sort of thing, explosion is an option over sleep powder.

{dugtrio} / {rhydon}
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Slash/Take Down
Agility/?

Now if you're leaning toward Dugtrio, don't do agility. You really don't need the extra speed. Unless you really want that small increase in crits. It doesn't really learn anything else, though. Hyper Beam, Body Slam, and Substitute are the only noteworthy things that could go in the fourth slot.

Now with Rhydon. I would pass on take down in favor of body slam. His speed could use some paralysis help. And the last spot...again, just some generic fourthmove options. Hyper Beam or Substitute. Hyper beam because he could totally ROCK it with his attack. And substitute to prevent OHKO special attacks.

{charizard} / {arcanine}
EQ/Dig
Flamethrower
Body Slam
Swords Dance/Toxic

Fire is the most neglected type in RBY. If anyone makes up for it, Charizard and Arcanine do. Arcanine, however, has a godawful movepool. This really is the best Arcanine can be. Charizard, however, can rock his moveset better. Charizard also gets Rock Slide with tradeback. If you're worried about Rock Slide being used against him, go reflect somewhere. If you're into that kind of thing, go Slash over Swords Dance and potentially ditch Body Slam. Slash will always crit. But whatevs. Now given the circumstances, I would lean toward Charizard. That's just me though. I like Charizard.

{nidoking} / {dragonite}
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
EQ/Thunder Wave.
Body Slam

Now with this...I don't really know what you're trying to do here. Dragonite doesn't really have the special to pull off sweeping, and Nidoking DEFINITELY doesn't have the special for it. You really don't need this guy. You have ice beam, thunderbolt, EQ, and body slam elsewhere. What are you trying to accomplish with your sixth man?

Sat May 02, 2009 2:52 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

okay, so to add to the last post I made, Nidoking wrecks.... his attack is decent, but his moves are great.
nextly, I have restarted my red. I have a silver version for trade backs, and 2 blues, and a yellow for random pokemon I can't get in my red... tho just 1 blue would have been enough... anyways, plz rate my team :)

{nidoking}
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Submission
-Mega Kick/ Body Slam

Mega Kick has a ridiculous power, but only 75% accuracy, so I'm testing my luck and if it proves too inaccurate I will switch it

{blastoise}
-Surf
-Blizzard
-Earthquake
-Mega Kick/Submission/Body Slam

typical Blastoise

{arbok}
-Glare
-Wrap
-Earthquake
-Hyperbeam

Glare paralysis the opponent, and thus their speed is halved, so I can wrap until they are dead or within range of a hyperbeam. Mainly I think this guy looks awesome, and I haven't used him before, and would like to

{gengar}
-Hypnosis
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Fire punch

I don't have an fire pokemon, so I chose fire punch over Ice, and I get the punch from silver, then trade back. basically I sleep them, and lol in their face, then kill them... because I'm an arse...

{golem}
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Submission
-Explosion

I use submission if I need to, and explode if I get too low on hp, and the other two are stabs

{exeggutor}
-Sleep Powder
-Psychic
-Dream Eater (tradeback)
-Solar Beam

I sleep them, then I psychic or solar until dead, dream eat if necessary

so Thanks, and please respond

Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:46 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Nabkov - nice team. I'll make some recommendations.
Changes in red.

{nidoking}
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Submission/Double Kick/Blizzard/Thunderbolt/Surf
~Body Slam

Double Kick essentially has 60 BP, so if you don't like Submission you can try that. Blizzard or Surf will hit those Pokemon with high defense. Thunderbolt lets you hit Waters. Mega Kick misses too much, so try Body Slam - it has great accuracy and can paralyze.

{blastoise}
~Surf
~Blizzard
~Earthquake
~Body Slam/Submission

No real changes here. Body Slam is preferred as the last move, but Submission works too.

{arbok}
~Glare
~Wrap/Screech
~Earthquake
~Hyper Beam

Looks good to me. Screech is an alternative to Wrap because it can either force a switch or soften up your enemy. Arbok’s on the slow side, so he can’t take full advantage of Wrap.

{gengar}
~Hypnosis
~Psychic/Explosion/Mega Drain
~Thunderbolt
~Fire Punch

Your Exeggutor is probably better without Psychic cause he gets STAB. Explosion is kamikaze, if you decide to use it, or Mega Drain to kill Rhydon and friends.

{golem}
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Body Slam
~Explosion

Body Slam, I think, works better than Submission because it can paralyze something on the switch. Golem will probably be faster (serious) than most paralyzed stuff, which is always great.

{exeggutor}
~Sleep Powder
~Psychic
~Mega Drain/Leech Seed/Stun Spore
~Explosion/Stun Spore

Dream Eater isn’t necessary because most sleeping things will switch anyway and Psychic is pretty close in power. Mega Drain is more useful than Solarbeam because it needs no setup and it can heal you. Leech Seed works well for healing. Explosion is, as always, useful. Stun Spore can go in either of the last two slots for double powdering.

Great team overall. Good luck!

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

thanks for the tips :)

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:28 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Here's my idea for a team. I haven't started and am waiting for an extra opinion. The only thing I am wary of is if I have forgotten to create a counter for any OU pokemon or if my team has any glaring weaknesses. Eggy is my lead sleeper. Chansey, Zam, and Starmie serve to paralyze as many as possible midgame, while Tauros and Rhydon clean up in the late game.

{exeggutor}
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Psychic
Explosion

{alakazam}
Thunder Wave
Psychic
Reflect
Recover

{chansey}
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Softboiled

{starmie}
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Recover

{tauros}
Body Slame
Earthquake
Hyper Beam
Blizzard

{rhydon}
Body Slam
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Substitute

The only other question I have is about vitamins. Does it matter how early or late I use them? And is there a limit on how many I can use on one pokemon? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

the team looks good, but I would ask, why isn't surf or psychic on starmie? starmie is a psychic water pokemon, and you have no pokemon with a water move in your party. the rhydon and the tauros are pretty solid attackers. psychic pokemon don't have a weakness in r/b/y so it doesn't hurt you to have 3 psychic pokemon in your team. I would remove the recover off of starmie and add surf, because starmie doesn't have a great deal of defense nor hp, and then I might even add psychic, but you already have 2 other psychic pokemon, so it isn't needed.

the team looks really good though, and if your strategy work for you, fine.

about vitamins. the vitamins add 10 evs, or effort values, and there is a limit of 10 vitamins of any kind per pokemon. you can only have 510 EVs, so it is better to use the vitamins early on to ensure the stat is raised. this is also the reason why trained pokemon are stronger than those in the wild and ones trained by only rare candies.
hope this helps

EDIT: by 10 vitamins of any kind, I mean, 3 carbos, 4 zinc, and 3 protein is done, no more

Last edited by Nabkov on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ok I am only at the 7th gym so my team will learn better moves but i would like to know if im off at a good start...also ild like too know wich one i should switch for {mewtwo} once i catch him

{dratini} lvl 29
wrap
agility
leer
thunderwave

{exeggutor} lvl 26
toxic
hypnosis
egg bomb
mega drain

{jolteon} lvl 35
double edge
quick attack
double kick
sand attack

{nidoking} lvl 36
rockslide
double kick
horn drill
surf

{charizard} lvl 45
cut (i didnt know that there wasnt a move deleater in the 1st gen and when i found out i was pissed)
fly
dig
ember

{mew} lvl 41
thunderbolt
bubblebeam
psychic
tri attack

Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
ok I am only at the 7th gym so my team will learn better moves but i would like to know if im off at a good start...also ild like too know wich one i should switch for {mewtwo} once i catch him

{dratini} lvl 29
wrap blizzard
agility thunderbolt/thunder
leer fire blast
thunderwave body slam (can paralyze and hurt)

{exeggutor} lvl 26
toxic
hypnosis
egg bomb body slam for 3 forms of status inflictions, if yur luck isn't very good
mega drain psychic is stronger, and mega drain is too weak, and solar beam needs to charge

{jolteon} lvl 35
double edge body slam is better for no recoil, and 30% chance to paralyze
quick attack thunder/thunderbolt
double kick
sand attack mimic maybe... (trade pokedoll for the tm)
I'm not very good with jolteon to be honest

{nidoking} lvl 36
rockslide
double kick
horn drill not very acurate, and is better with earthquake
surf I would use blizzard... but it' permanent now

{charizard} lvl 45
cut (i didnt know that there wasnt a move deleater in the 1st gen and when i found out i was pissed)
fly
dig earthquake is stronger, and faster, but dig is a good tool...
ember flamethrower
not much we can do with the hms...

{mew} lvl 41
thunderbolt
bubblebeam
psychic
tri attack fire blast (for switching out charizard)

to answer your question, charizard is filled with hms and dig, so for competitive I would switch out him for mewtwo, and have mew/ mewtwo cover the fire with fire blast

here's a good set for mewtwo:
mewtwo
-amnesia
-psychic (obviously)
-fire blast/thunder/thunderbolt/blizzard/ice beam
-blizzard/ice beam/thunder/thunderbolt/fire blast

hope it helps

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Nabkov wrote:
Quote:

{dratini} lvl 29
wrap blizzard
agility
leer
thunderwave

{exeggutor} lvl 26
toxic
hypnosis
egg bomb psychic
mega drain

{jolteon} lvl 35
double edge body slam is better for no recoil, and 30% chance to paralyze
quick attack thunder/thunderbolt
double kick
sand attack mimic maybe... (trade pokedoll for the tm)
I'm not very good with jolteon to be honest

{nidoking} lvl 36
rockslide
double kick
horn drill not very acurate, and is better with earthquake
surf I would use blizzard... but it' permanent now

{charizard} lvl 45
fly
dig earthquake is stronger, and faster, but dig is a good tool...
ember flamethrower
not much we can do with the hms...

{mew} lvl 41
thunderbolt
bubblebeam
psychic
tri attack fire blast (for switching out charizard)

to answer your question, charizard is filled with hms and dig, so for competitive I would switch out him for mewtwo, and have mew/ mewtwo cover the fire with fire blast

here's a good set for mewtwo:
mewtwo
-amnesia
-psychic (obviously)
-fire blast/thunder/thunderbolt/blizzard/ice beam
-blizzard/ice beam/thunder/thunderbolt/fire blast

hope it helps

well i know that thunder/thunderbolt would be a better move for jolteon and flamethrower for charizard but they arent at the lvl in which they can learn it yet and of course earthquake is better than dig but as i said before, i am only at the 7th gym and you get tm earthquake in victory road if i remember right...now that you say it charizard will be crap since he cant get rid of cut and i cant trade him to my gold because i dont have a connector so im screwed with him, he would be my weakest if all of my pokemon were fully evolved and at the same lvls so its a no brainer to choose mewtwo over charizard

Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:

1) don't waste my time asking questions you know the answer to

2) when a team is placed on the rate thread I offer better moves, it is the purpose of this thread, if you wanted a pat on the back for beating the simplistic r/b/y this isn't the place

3) earthquake is found in the rocket hideout. I know my facts, look it up if you want

4) try using pokemon other than legendary, as legendary pokemon are for noobs

5) use proper spelling, as "wich" should be "which", "ild" should be "I'd", and "too" should be "to", also please refrain from using the pokemon sprites as we need to pace them back in when we quote you... you could write out the name

6) your charizard is one level from flamethrower, and from your lack of spelling skills, and lack of originality, how should I know that you didn't need to be told to use flamethrower over ember? (this is sarcasm, and needs no answer, so rule 1 doesn't apply)

7) failure to have the proper tools is in no way our fault, and so we don't want to know about your broken link cable

thank you, come again

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Might as well get my team rated since I still play with a couple of friends.

{charizard}
Earthquake
Mega Punch
Flamethrower
Fire Blast

{venusaur}
Swords Dance
Double Edge
Razor Leaf
Leech Seed

{blastoise}
Hydro Pump
Blizzard
Earthquake
Skull Bash

{raichu}
Thunderbolt
Reflect
Surf
Thunder Wave

{alakazam}
Psychic
Seismic Toss
Recover
Reflect

{articuno}
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Sky Attack
BubbleBeam

I also occasionally switch in a Gyarados. Also due note I got Surf on Raichu and the other starters through Pokemon Stadium.

{gyarados}
Hyper Beam
Bite
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump

Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sorry for the long wait, I was hoping someone else would rate for a bit, but w/e
my changes are in blue
Quote:
Might as well get my team rated since I still play with a couple of friends.

{charizard}
Earthquake
Mega Punch body slam is more powerful, accurate, and can paralyze
Flamethrower
Fire Blast 2 fire moves are redundant, and flamethrower is strong enough, try submission or seismic toss

{venasaur}
Swords Dance
Double Edge body slam can paralyze, and doesn't recoil
Razor Leaf
Leech Seed

{blastoise}
Hydro Pump
Blizzard
Earthquake
Skull Bash body slam is better (skull bash takes two turns, and body slam could have dealt 85 power twice in that time

{raichu}
Thunderbolt
Reflect
Surf
Thunder Wave

{alakazam}
Psychic
Seismic Toss
Recover
Reflect
if you can trade back to g/s/c the elemental punches are great

{articuno}
Ice Beam 2 ice moves are redundant, and could be used for toxic or mimic... but it's not much better
Blizzard
Sky Attack
BubbleBeam

I also occasionally switch in a Gyarados. Also due note I got Surf on Raichu and the other starters through Pokemon Stadium.

{gyarados}
Hyper Beam
Bite bite is weak, and is better replaced with strength, but blizzard or fire blast are two possibly better choices
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump

hope it helps, and sorry for the long wait

Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yellow Team

{raichu}
Thunderbolt
Body Slam
Sesmictoss
Thunderwave
{nidoking}
Blizzard
Thunderbolt
Earthquake
Body slam
{dugtrio}
Slash/ dig
earthquake
rockslide
body slam
{slowbro}
rest
psychic
thunderwave
amnesia
{gyarados}
hyper beam
surf
blizzard
thunderbolt
{lapras}
Blizzard
Thunderbolt
confuse ray
body slam

i remember being a fomula for how i actully played these pkm... any ways im playing again this time blue. ill add what team i finish with. also i didnt want any legendaries in this team when i was making it.

Last edited by Nimblestrike on Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'll try and do a little bit of this as well. Remember, these are only suggestions.

First off, you have too many Pokes that have the same type. That's a big no-no in competitive. Why is it so easy to beat Gym Leaders/E4? Because we plan for their weaknesses. That being said, you need to do a better type split on this one. That being said, I'd congratulate you on good movesets for the Pokes. Overall, my rating is a 7/10.

Raichu: I'm not sure what determines the rate of how Body Slam hits for paralysis, but I would suggest finding a different move for the fourth slot. If you had a way to get Surfing Pika, then I would suggest that (because it's really cool). Otherwise, I would find a better counter move for Ground. (Does Raichu learn a Grass attack?)

Nidoking: I believe it is a much better Physical Sweeper than a Special, but the moveset you have would make him the latter. Otherwise, a great moveset, and I can't find any holes that jump at me. However, I would take him as a Ground over Dugtrio (with the exception of CH for Dugtrio).

Dugtrio: Second half of a Ground duo, not the best choice but has a good chance of hitting with Slash on a CH because of the crazy formula in RBY. If it were me (and I know it's not), I would replace Body Slam with Dig because that gives you the advantage of having both attacks, and because Nidoking already has Body Slam (and Raichu). If you keep both of those attacks, Dugtrio is at its best.

Slowbro: This takes care of the Psychic "requirement" for RBY. An interesting moveset to be sure, with the addition of Thunderwave. However, there is more potential there as well. I mostly don't like this one because of the trio of Water Pokes you have. Otherwise, a good Poke.

Gyarados: A very interesting choice putting Blizzard in there. One that works in RBY, because of the amazing accuracy it has (for one gen only). But you have done an interesting thing by putting T-bolt in there. What purpose does it serve? You might reconsider it for something else that works towards Gyarados's weaknesses. The first three moves I agree with.

Lapras: The last of the Water trifecta, but this one is well-done. Of the Pokes to have Body Slam on, this one is the best of your team. Again, I would suggest that you change it a little bit. You are incredibly heavy on Water types... I like the Special Sweeper set that you have given it as well. Confuse Ray is an interesting choice, but it should yield some fun battles.

But enough ranting. Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) 8-) :P :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

this is a new team that i am going to try out (and mainly use for pkmn stadium and stadium 2) and id like some feedback before i really go into making them and using TMs and stuff:

{dragonite}
fireblast
surf
hyperbeam
thunderbolt

{moltres}
fire blast
sky attack/fly
hyper beam
toxic/rest

{machamp}
earthquake/dig
fire blast
rolling kick
rock slide/hyper beam

{mewtwo}
psychic
fire blast
ice beam
thunderbolt

{zapdos}
thunderbolt
drill peck
double team/hyper beam
thunderwave

{gengar}
explosion/selfdestruct
thunderbolt
hypnosis
dream eater

THX

Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Very good job with types on this team. I guess my overall ranking looking at this would be an 8.5/10.

I'll go into some specifics.

Dragonite: Very good job with the moveset. The one thing I would suggest is to keep some Dragon-type move on it, because that would cover its main weakness (Dragons). That would probably be better than a Fire Blast, especially with the accuracy vs. PP of that move. I also notice that you have a lot of Thunderbolts on your team. That is a spot where you could find something differenting for Dragonite as well.

Moltres: It's too bad that you're playing RBY with this one on your team. A pretty standard set for it because of the gen. However, your choice of a Hyper Beam is surprising. While it's more effective than having Fly, it's unusual. Perhaps that will help in Stadium... As for Toxic or Rest, it depends on which effect you want more. Personally, I would go with Toxic, since Moltres has a pretty high Special (?) [and I wouldn't see it as a defensive stopper, which Rest would make it], especially because of the chance of poisoning the opponent. Again, too bad it's RBY. Of the two, I would use Fly, BTW.

Machamp: Very strange moveset. I would check and see if it can actually learn Fire Blast before putting that one on. Same thing with Dig, although it's certainly an okay strategy for battling. Of the other two, I would keep Rock Slide over Hyper Beam (unless it can't be learned the other way) and check on Rolling Kick. Sorry to grade this one so badly, but with all of the uncertainty of it, I can't rank it high...

Mewtwo: Very good Special Sweeper. That would be its purpose on your team, especially with the moves it has. No other comments.

Zapdos: Pretty standard set for it, because of RBY. I would take Hyper over DT, especially because of Zapdos' already high Speed. I would also like to mention at this point the ease with which Electrics take down most of your team...

Gengar: It learns Explosion or Selfdestruct? Wow, I was not aware of that. Otherwise, good choices there. Take advantage of its type on your team. 'Nuff said.

Ok, I was fairly more critical on second glance... And I apparently need to check the Psydex a lot more before trying to do this too much... (prepares to leave, but remembers manners)

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) 8-) :P :mrgreen:

Writers' Challenge

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:40 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

AEP: Master Trainer wrote:
Machamp: Very strange moveset. I would check and see if it can actually learn Fire Blast before putting that one on. Same thing with Dig, although it's certainly an okay strategy for battling. Of the other two, I would keep Rock Slide over Hyper Beam (unless it can't be learned the other way) and check on Rolling Kick. Sorry to grade this one so badly, but with all of the uncertainty of it, I can't rank it high...

Gengar: It learns Explosion or Selfdestruct? Wow, I was not aware of that. Otherwise, good choices there. Take advantage of its type on your team. 'Nuff said.

yeah he does learn fire blast, either on rby or from gsc then trading him back. As for rolling kick, you have to trade him to gsc then breed him with hitmonlee and then trade him back, fairly easy process

As for gengar, i was suprised that he can learn those too. I think they would be great with him

overall im glad you like my choices and i think this will be my final team, thanks alot! :D

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Now I need some help. I'm trying to get a good team together, one which uses what I already have (currently at 148 Pokes, 149 waiting in the wings) and this is one of many possible combinations I came up with. I would like some assistance in making it better (aside from the obvious advice of level balancing).

{blastoise} Lv. 79
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Bubblebeam
-Ice Beam

{dragonite} Lv. 55
-Wrap
-Slam
-Hyper Beam
-Dragon Rage

{rhydon} Lv. 43
-Horn Attack
-Stomp
-Tail Whip (looking hard on this one)
-Fury Attack

{rapidash} Lv. 40
-Ember
-Tail Whip
-Stomp
-Fire Spin

{pidgeot} Lv. 36
-Gust
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack
-Whirlwind

{vileplume} Lv. 33
-Acid
-Cut
-Mega Drain
-Poisonpowder

I might try other combinations later. Obviously, I haven't tried too hard to do anything unnatural for these ones. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. (Plus, I know now that Blastoise is stupid, but I've used him very well for a long time.)

AEPMT :D 8-) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

Writers' Challenge

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Add snorlax instead of Pidgeot.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Just played through Blue again, heres the team I used:

Dodrio:
Drill Peck
Hyper Beam
Toxic
Substitute

Drill Peck and Hyper Beam for STAB and will CH often enough. When his job is done I use Toxic, then substitute to let Toxic do some damage before Dodrio falls.

Slowbro
Amnesia
Fire Blast/Rest
Ice Beam
Psychic

Pretty standard, went for Ice beam over Blizzard because Slowbro stays in for so long he may run out of PP for Blizzard. I will switch Fire Blast for Rest but I was thinking on keeping Fire Blast just because it's quite unorthodox for a water pokemon to pack it, and I guess it'll take out Articuno faster.

Exeggutor
Leech Seed
Mega Drain
Psychic
Sleep Powder

Nearly always use him in the R/B/Y series. Sleep Powder to incapacitate the opponent, Leech Seed and Mega Drain to stay alive, Psychic for STAB and to lower Special.

Stamie
Thunderbolt
Surf
Psychic
Recover

Realize I am a bit Psychic heavy, but they are just so good in R/B/Y. Basically just another Slowbro, a bit redundant but effective.

Dugtrio
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Hyper Beam
Sand Attack/???

Made to counter the electrics that threaten Dodrio, Slowbro, and Starmie. I know it's frail but Rydon falls to a water or grass move just as easily as Dugtrio. I never use sand-attack, it's just all of Dugtrio's fourth move options seem equally average in usefulness.

Charizard
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Reflect
Body Slam

Fire Blast for STAB, EQ for diversity, Reflect to support him and the Pokemon I switch to, and Body Slam to hopefully Paralyze stuff. Only really have him because he was my starter.

I know my entire team is weak to the Bolt/Beam combo but I always send in Slowbro first and after he Amnesia's up not much can take him out. It is not very balanced but this was the team I used to beat the E4, did not have competitive battling in mind yet. Funnily enough I ended up sweeping the E4 with just Slowbro and Ethers, didn't even need the other five.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

heres my team

{mew}
Mega Punch
Transform
Fire Blast
Psychic

{snorlax}
Hyper Beam
Amnesia
Rest
Body Slam

{dodrio}
Drill Peck
Fl
Reflect
Tri Attack

{slowbro}
Confusion
Amnesia
Psychic
Surf

{pikachu}
Thunderbolt
Thunder wave
swift
thunder

Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:16 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So I'm revisiting this game and I want to make a good, well balanced, all around team. I've put a bit of thought and research into it and here's what I've got so far:

{articuno} Articuno
Ice Beam
Double Team
Rest
Bubblebeam

{exeggutor} Exeggcutor
Solarbeam
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Double Team

{golem} Golem
Fire Blast
Explosion
Rock Slide
Dig

{jolteon} Jolteon
Pin Missile
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Double Team

{mew} Mew
Thunderbolt (Missingno glitch)
Psychic
Softboiled
Surf

{beedrill} Beedrill
Swords Dance
Twineedle
Pin Missile
Double Team

Now I know that Beedrill loses his usefulness after a while, so I need advice on a replacement. Also, I chose Mew instead of Mewtwo since Mewtwo seems ridiculously overpowered. Thoughts?

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next