It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Shedinja RMT 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As some of you know, Im currently running a Shedinja Team on Smogon and am in the process of Breeding it for WiFi battles/ battles with friends. Ive tried to have this team rated on Smogon, but people couldn't seem to wrap there head around the fact that I was using Shedinja...and in Ubers. After two attempts, and some "lol's" and "learn the tier your in" (EVEN AFTER I SAID IT WASNT MADE TO BE PLAYED IN UBERS), I decided to post it here.

This team is in no way Uber. I just have to test it in Uber's Due to Blazekine (more on him later and the reasons why I didnt make it "OU').

For the record, I do not use legends (which also probably didn't help me get any rates.)

Anyways the team:

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is my lead. Its main and only purpose is to set up SR and then Dragon tail for as Long as possible. Since its Def was already sky high, I decided to focus its Ev's in Sp.Def. The only problem with this guy is that he's completely and utterly walled by Fairy's, forcing him to switch out.

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect
- Flare Blitz

This is the reason why I have to test this team in Ubers. Its been Suggested to me that I should switch him out so the team would fit into OU. However I only have two other options. Ninjask is too freakin frail. I do not enjoy using him as a Baton Passer AT ALL. The only other option would be Scolipede. However, I dont feel Scolipede brings enough to the table to warrant its use. That and Ive also had great luck with using Blazkien as a passer. He also comes packing some heat, just in case he needs to crack a few heads. In short, I feel like switching out Blazekien would damage this team too much, and as the old saying goes:
"It it aint broke, Dont Fix it".

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance/ Hone Claw
- Shadow Claw
- X-Scissor

This is the whole reason why I made this team. This orginally started out as a weakness Policy set, but I learned that the set was too gimicky, and Shedinja mostly got Ko'ed before he could do anything. Im having Much, MUCH better luck with his guy. With 2-3 Speed Boosts passed to him, a possible Subsitute, and a few SD/ Hone claws Shedinja utterly WREAKS everything. It takes ALOT of prediction and timing to get it to work though. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it really works. Hone Claws it slashed as it has been brought to my attention that SD may not be legal in X/Y on Shedinja. Ive used both and SD is superior to Hone Claws, But if SD is not legal on him, Hone calws is an acceptable replacement. (SD just gets his Attack stat up higher faster than Hone.) Ev's are maxed to his Att and speed stat, with X-scissor and Shadow claw as strong Stabs. I went with aerial ace, as I foud it rather effective, and people dont really see it coming.

Empoleon @ Air Balloon
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 76 SpA / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Shedinja needs something to get rid of Hazards. So a Deggor or Rapid spinner was a MUST. I decided to go with a Defogger. Ive found that Aggron does his job well enough, that if at some point I need to get rid of Hazards, my opponents Pokemon have a good deal of Damage from them. I kinda tried to make it so his Def and Sp.Def stats where sorta balanced, and also still had enough to put some into Sp.Att. Grass Knot to take care of Ground types, scald for STAB and the burn chance, then Ice beam for Coverage. Air balloon to avoid Hazards. Ive found this set to work really well, though sometimes this guy is my only answer to fairy's, and there's really not much I can do.

Pangoro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Infestation
- Foul Play
- Circle Throw
- Earthquake

This set Was given to me y Mason. I wanted something that could trap and or Force out pokes, and this works very well. Not much more I can really say about this guy then he does what he was made to do.

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

This is kinda my revenge killer/ baton pass chain killer. He was added on as more as a trial, just to see what hes like. In the early days of my team, this guy was getting my team the wins, not my Shedinja. Ive kept him on cause he impressed me, plus there are situations where he really comes in handy. I went with Life orb, mainly cause I didnt want to be locked into a single move. Draco for its sheer Power, Roost to heal, Flamethrower to take care of certain Pesky Steel types (mainly Ferrothorn and Forrtress) and U-turn to get away after a Draco.

Threats:

So far there is only really one thing I can see as an "actual" threat. Most of the other problems Im able to out predict, or just annoy with Switching or Shedinja.

Xerneas- Namely those with Geomancy AND Hp Fire, and as a Lead. Theres really nothing I can do against this set and it just runs though my team entirely.

Well there it is. Its been doing pretty good, and Ive been enjoying it. Any input would be awesome! Thanks!

Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I would go over the reasons why you shouldn't use Shedinja. In fact, I'd really like to know why you would want to pass Blaziken's boosts to Shedinja. Blaziken is very strong and the only thing that he doesn't have compared to Shedinja is Wonder Guard. It has 30 more BS in Attack, twice the Speed, and way better coverage with just two moves (Flare Blitz and Hi Jump Kick/Low Kick). Baton Passing Blaziken into something as weak as Shedinja seems plainly wrong to me. But it appears that you're set on using it. As such, it's pointless to talk about these, so instead I'll try to give advice on the team as it is.

Give Blaziken a Focus Sash.

Empoleon isn't exactly an ideal Defog user. I suggest you go either for Skarmory, which has Counter and Whirlwind, as well as Taunt, allowing for further shufffles and unexpected KOs, or Mandibuzz, which also has shuffling abilities and Taunt plus Foul Play, although it's weak to SR. Since this is for Wi-Fi and breeding, I won't suggest Lati@s or Zapdos.

Pangoro, in my opinion, is only worth if you have Parting Shot. As such, the only sets that can work for it, especially for VGC or OU, are Choice Band/Scarf sets that utilize its ability to switch. If you want another shuffler, you can have that in Skarmory. And if you want a trapper, since Skarmory makes you too weak to Fire (which your team is already weak to, by the way, I don't know how it hasn't affected you until now) use Unaware Infestation Quagsire. It's an annoying, yet efficient set, capable of stopping setup sweepers while at the same time making you more resistant to Fire.

Noivern, again, is weak, even with Choice Specs. If you insist on using it, I suggest Specs over Life Orb, which should also give you more coverage with Air Slash/Hurricane over Roost, while you'll still be able to exploit its scouting capabilities. However, Instead of Noivern, I suggest either Choice Band/LO Gale Wings Talonflame or Life Orb Protean Greninja. Both of these are stronger and more useful than Noivern, with better coverage and abilities. They are also faster.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I understand your rage over me using Blaze as a baton Passer to pass speed Boosts to Shedinja. Ive always liked Shedinja, and have spent 3 gens trying to a make a team with him on that works, and this is the first time Ive managed to get it to work.

-I kinda dont understand the focus stash on Blazekien? Would you mind elaborating please?

-Ive looked into those two, but Ive Found Empoleon more suited to me.

-Pangoro I am willing to switch out. What I forgot to mention in my original Post is that he does do it well....as long as he survives.
I am interested in that Quagsire though. I plan on looking into it after Im done posting this.

-Noivern, I cant really bring my self to switch out. I mean....yes he is rather weak, but Ive found him to come through when I least expect it. If I do bring myself to swap him out, Ill likley go with Protean Greninja. Ive been wanting to use one, but havent.

As for the whole Fire Weakness....I have no idea why it hasn't affected me all that much (I also kinda didnt see it....)

Thanks for your rate Chill, and for bring into the light the blaring obvious weakness I failed to see.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, sorry, no Sash on Blaziken. I had the SD set in mind, that's why I proposed it. You play Sub, so Lefties is probably better.

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ahhh okay.

Also what is the Unware Quagsire Set? I cant seem to find it. Ive watched a few of my Vids over and I think Pangoro is currently my weakest link. I find that he doesnt contribute awhole lot to the team....

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]