1. Everybody intending to host a tournament must first make a post in this thread, using the template below, to indicate the tournament details. The tournament may only be started if it is approved by a Moderator. Any tournament started without approval will be locked and the host will be redirected to this post.
2. There may only be two (2) active tournaments at any given time. Tournament applications may still be posted if there are two active tournaments but they will be added to a Wait List if approved.
3. Anybody signing up to host a tournament must have full intention to be active in their hosting duties and to see the tournament through from start to finish. Ideally tournaments should be completed within a month or two.
4. If there is a dispute within a tournament, participants are to take up the matter with the host first. If necessary, the host may then contact a Moderator.
5. Hosts may not impose any entry fees for tournament participants. Offering prizes to winners is optional.Sign-Up Template
Use this template when signing up to host a tournament. When your tournament is approved, all of the information in the template must appear somewhere in the first post of the tournament thread.
Additional Rules and Notes (optional):
Explanation of fields:
Tournament Name - the name of your tournament
Medium - here you state whether battles will be conducted over Wi-Fi, Pokemon Online, Pokemon Showdown or some other medium (must specify). If multiple mediums may be used to conduct battles, state all that may be used.
Format - here you state if the battle format is Single, Double, Triple or Rotation Battles, the number of Pokemon on each player's team and the Wi-Fi Battle Rules (Normal/Flat/No Restrictions), if applicable.
Rating Tournament - here you state "Yes" if you want the tournament to be a Rating Tournament or "No" if you don't want it to be one. See here
for more info.
Rules/Banlist - here you may either state a banlist/set of rules that is defined in this thread
or define a custom set of rules and banlist to be used in your tournament. If defining your own rules, please include all the details. You may also state "No Restrictions" if you do not want to impose any restrictions in your tournament.
Additional Rules and Notes - here you may state any supplementary rules in addition to the banlist. For example, if participants are not allowed to change their teams between battles you would indicate that here. You can also indicate the intended tournament structure or the expected number of participants.
Tournaments will generally be approved if the Moderators are confident that no Tournament, Battle Tower or global Psypoke rules will be broken and if the tournament details are complete, reasonable and self-consistent.
Tournament Name: XY OU Tourney
Medium: Wi-Fi, Pokemon Online
Format: Single Battles, 6v6, Normal Rules
Rating Tournament: Yes
Rules/Banlist: Smogon OU
Additional Rules and Notes: Participants may not change their teams (Pokemon, moves, held items) between battles.Wait List
And what it all comes down to
is that everything's gonna be quite alright