It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:20 pm



Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Theorymoning sets for the XY meta. 
Author Message
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 pm
Posts: 413
Location: redfield kansas united states of amarica.
I have been working on a talonflame and it does like this.

Talonflame:
Item-life orb
Ability-Gail wings
Nature-brave
Evs:
Hp- half
Att- max
Def- none
S.Att- none
S.Def- none
Spe- half
Move set:
1-Swords dance
2-Brave bird
3-Roost/Tail wind/me first
4-Steel wing/Flare blitz

Just dance up and sweep with brave bird. Roost when needed.

_________________
current games - X & Y
also White2 and HeartGold but not play them at this time.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

Image

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything


Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:19 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 am
Posts: 348
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Smogon seems to have confirmed that Pixilate gives a thirty percent boost to converted normal moves, according to information found on a Japanese site and their own tests. They have done likewise with Aerilate and Refrigerate.

Echoed Voice has been looked at on Smogon to make due until Hyper Voice is out. After one use, it has a base power (including the boost) of 104, which already beats out Moon Blast. On the third turn, the base becomes 208, before maxing out at 260 for the fourth turn and beyond. From a base 165 special attack that earns STAB, that's nothing to scoff at. The problem with this is pretty obvious, however; it's not 'permanent' like Calm Mind boosts would be, and it locks you in if you don't want to lose the boost. Four Calm Mind boosts would be needed to beat this out. Echoed Voice takes four turns to fully set up, and does considerable damage after the first use, to say nothing of subsequent uses, but locks her in, effectively giving her something of a choice item that she can choose to ignore. Calm Mind+Moon Blast takes four turns to beat out Echoed Voice when it is maxed out, but doesn't do any damage until the fifth turn, and it leaves you vulnerable for those four turns, but allows you to to have variety. It's not perfect, and it seems to be more feasible on paper, but it feels sort of gimmicky. Torment will ruin the strategy, but it can't be taunted, which is far more common, competitively.

I plan to use this set against the AI, and not actual people, so it (hopefully) shouldn't be countered that easily. She needs speed more than she needs power, especially if Echoed Voice does pan out, which is why I have her with timid. My experimentations with Sticky Web aren't going too well, so I think that (for my own strategy) she will benefit more from teammates who could paralyze. Cue Ferrothorn, who covers her defensively, and is either immune or resists two of her three weaknesses, and can provide thunder wave and leech seed or stealth rock support wherever needed. They have similar Hp and defenses in their respective areas, and I know how tanky Ferrothorn can be, although Gardevoir does lose out on the plethora of resistances, as well as leftovers and leech seed. Neither deal with fire types very well, though. A parashuffling Dragonite probably wouldn't be a bad idea over him, though, and I did see a parashuffling Tyranitar the other day that was pretty effective, and who hurt my team pretty badly.

I tend to agree that Focus Blast blast is bad, but I have that there for steel-types, not dark-types. It could be more of a filler slot, and both Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are viable and have their own uses. Psyshock is there to allow for some mixed coverage.

I could use another Mega for the team, and I might if Gardevoir doesn't pan out for the OU, but at the moment, it seems that she will have a place in the OU, although I might be overly hopeful. Pixilate is a powerful weapon; her Mega's 165 base special attack holds a 1.32 ratio to her original 125 base, and then Pixilate throws another thirty percent boost on top of that, if a normal-type move, which earns STAB, is used. Already, before STAB or any Calm Mind boosts, using Gardevoirite is the equivalent to holding two Life Orbs for normal-type attacks, but without the recoil. Including STAB, she gets over a two-hundred and fifty percent boost on normal-type attacks, before Calm Mind is even looked at. Add that to a fairly reasonable speed, one that either matches or out-speeds 37 out of 50 of Smogon's Gen V OU tier list, and I am lead to believe that M-Gardevoir isn't given enough credit. Now, granted, I have not reasoned out and researched other Megas like I have Gardevoir, and it would be foolish for me to assume that she is the only one to receive such benefits, especially as this is rather obvious by just looking around, but she is far from useless.

She will be easier to use when Hyper Voice is re-released. I'm not looking forward to rebreeding her, though.


Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:02 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:17 pm
Posts: 500
Location: Right Here
I too am putting together a Talonflame set.

Talonflame
Jolly @ Gale Wing
Life Orb
124 HP/252 Atk/ 132 Spd

Swords dance
Flare Blitz
Brave Bird
Roost

Pretty similar to Azul's set. Swords Dance and then sweep, Roost to compensate for the huge amount of recoil.

_________________
Image


Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:39 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
Im working on a set or Ageislash, since i managed to get a Half Decent Honedge from my first gen of breeding (Well..minus the 0-4 Hp IVs, but im not one to look a gift horse in the mouth). From what Ive seen on Smogon, and have read here....Im looking at something like this:

Ageislash

Adamant
252ATT/252 Speed
Stance Change
Item- undecided

SD
Shadow Sneak
Iron Head/ Secret Sword
His Unique move that name escapes me ATM.

Sooo, from what ive seen on Smogon, this looks to be the standard set, however, there seems to be a debate over Secret sword and Iron Head. The main reason for this is of course, the fairy typing. I am really torn between the two, But i am leaning towards Secert sword, just because I dont think my Honedge will be fast enough to utilize it well enough. As for the item, I really cant decide, I just know I REALLY dont want Life orb.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:00 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1487
Location: Michigan
GofD wrote:
Im working on a set or Ageislash, since i managed to get a Half Decent Honedge from my first gen of breeding (Well..minus the 0-4 Hp IVs, but im not one to look a gift horse in the mouth).


It's funny this morning I breed my Docile Aegislash (31HP/Attack) with a Calm Ditto 31Def/S.def) and the FIRST egg was Adamant (31HP/Att/Def/S.def)

So I Made this Doublade

Doublade
Adamant @ Eviolite
No Guard
88HP 252Atk 168 S.def
-Sub
-Shadow Sneak
-Scared Sword
-Iron Head/Gyro Ball

Kinda a tank variant, Come in on resisted Physical attacks, Sub as the run to their WoW user or special attacker then smash and follow-up with Shadow sneak. Works great with Cleric Support from Florges. Also this set is the ultimate counter to ranked Wifi's 2 most annoying and overused sets Minimize/toxic/ST or Night Shade Chansey and Chandelure.

_________________
Image


Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:42 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
MasonTheChef wrote:
GofD wrote:
Im working on a set or Ageislash, since i managed to get a Half Decent Honedge from my first gen of breeding (Well..minus the 0-4 Hp IVs, but im not one to look a gift horse in the mouth).


It's funny this morning I breed my Docile Aegislash (31HP/Attack) with a Calm Ditto 31Def/S.def) and the FIRST egg was Adamant (31HP/Att/Def/S.def)

So I Made this Doublade

Doublade
Adamant @ Eviolite
No Guard
88HP 252Atk 168 S.def
-Sub
-Shadow Sneak
-Scared Sword
-Iron Head/Gyro Ball

Kinda a tank variant, Come in on resisted Physical attacks, Sub as the run to their WoW user or special attacker then smash and follow-up with Shadow sneak. Works great with Cleric Support from Florges. Also this set is the ultimate counter to ranked Wifi's 2 most annoying and overused sets Minimize/toxic/ST or Night Shade Chansey and Chandelure.


Oh wow, That is a VERY nice IV spread and a nice set, OO. I like the fact you where able to get both Sacred Sword AND Iron head in there, or Gyro ball (depending if you use it). How is Gyro Ball on Doulblade anyways(If you have used it.)? Ive read mixed feedback on it. I am gonna presume your Doublades Iv's or 0 or close to it if your running Gyroball?

On a side note, my Honedge's Ivs are(at lvl 20 with 152 EVs in ATT and 100 in Speed):

0-4
30
25-29
25-29
25-29
29-30

All in all not a bad spread, and mainly why Im going with a more Offense set.

On yet another side note, Ill also ask your opinion on SD VS Automize (since it looks like you have used the sword Pokemon Quite extensivly). Ive read that some see SD is the better choice, and Ive seen people argue, quite convincingly, that Automize is the safer bet. What is your thoughts on this?

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 pm
Posts: 413
Location: redfield kansas united states of amarica.
Ya well it does not help that bla blabla bla blablabla. naa I'm joking

But that doublade is good and my team got cut up by the " nameofthedoubladehere " lol I ain't telling you you have to fight him your self.

_________________
current games - X & Y
also White2 and HeartGold but not play them at this time.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

Image

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything


Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:11 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1487
Location: Michigan
I'm actually running Iron head on mine as I find it more consistent than gyro ball, but it by no means a bad option due to it's low speed. On Aegislash I would say more often than not SD is the better option, since STAB Shadow sneak and returning to shield forme via King's Shield then attacking work better on him than attempting a +2 sweep and losing all bulk for the Speed EV investment. However I did try a set on showdown this morning using a combo of Autotomize+Weakness Policy that worked decently.

Aegislash
Mild @ Weakness Policy
232HP/ 92 S.atk / 84Spd
-Autotomize
-King's Shield/Iron Head
-Scared Sword
-Shadow Ball

Main trick is just to take a mild SE hit while you set up autotomize, then mix sweep away.


The name of the blade was Chef's Knife :p Good battle btw azul, but how come you didn't bring your Flareon/Talonflame earlier?

_________________
Image


Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:35 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 pm
Posts: 413
Location: redfield kansas united states of amarica.
Well flareon is modest and runs physical and talonflame does not have flare blitz on him right now. So all of my fire types suck. Lol

_________________
current games - X & Y
also White2 and HeartGold but not play them at this time.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

Image

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything


Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:52 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
MasonTheChef wrote:
I'm actually running Iron head on mine as I find it more consistent than gyro ball, but it by no means a bad option due to it's low speed. On Aegislash I would say more often than not SD is the better option, since STAB Shadow sneak and returning to shield forme via King's Shield then attacking work better on him than attempting a +2 sweep and losing all bulk for the Speed EV investment. However I did try a set on showdown this morning using a combo of Autotomize+Weakness Policy that worked decently.

Aegislash
Mild @ Weakness Policy
232HP/ 92 S.atk / 84Spd
-Autotomize
-King's Shield/Iron Head
-Scared Sword
-Shadow Ball

Main trick is just to take a mild SE hit while you set up autotomize, then mix sweep away.


Ah, OKay thanks for that Mason, SD it is. And again, another nice Set. I think the one down side is that you gotta predict right, or else your might get OHKOed.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:54 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 am
Posts: 348
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
I've been running this Tyranitar on Showdown. He seems to be doing pretty well.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Between Assault Vest and Sandstorm, his special defense rivals Shuckle's, and with his Hp, he can sponge special moves pretty well. The lack of recovery hurts, though, and the Hp EVs do more for him than Defense EVs do. I have him with brave to avoid hurting his defenses, which is kind of the point, but I'm thinking of taking Fire Blast off, and replacing it with either Earthquake for coverage, or maybe Dragon Tail for phasing purposes. Fire Blast doesn't see much use, so if I do take it off, then brave would be moot.

I've found him to be a good M-Gengar revenge killer, as with full health, he can survive a Focus Blast and then turn around and OHKO with Crunch. Even better if Focus Blast misses.


Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:50 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
Kiga wrote:
I've been running this Tyranitar on Showdown. He seems to be doing pretty well.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Pursuit

Between Assault Vest and Sandstorm, his special defense rivals Shuckle's, and with his Hp, he can sponge special moves pretty well. The lack of recovery hurts, though, and the Hp EVs do more for him than Defense EVs do. I have him with brave to avoid hurting his defenses, which is kind of the point, but I'm thinking of taking Fire Blast off, and replacing it with either Earthquake for coverage, or maybe Dragon Tail for phasing purposes. Fire Blast doesn't see much use, so if I do take it off, then brave would be moot.

I've found him to be a good M-Gengar revenge killer, as with full health, he can survive a Focus Blast and then turn around and OHKO with Crunch. Even better if Focus Blast misses.


I would not go with Dragon Tail over Fire Blast, mainly due to Fairy types. I think EQ would be better on this set, because OF faeries. That and a coverage move would be nice. Only way I would ay Dragon Tail is if you had another move up there to deal with the Fairy type, but I think trying to do that might damage your T-Tar too much.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:20 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:28 am
Posts: 348
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
GofD wrote:
I would not go with Dragon Tail over Fire Blast, mainly due to Fairy types. I think EQ would be better on this set, because OF faeries. That and a coverage move would be nice. Only way I would ay Dragon Tail is if you had another move up there to deal with the Fairy type, but I think trying to do that might damage your T-Tar too much.


Yep, I agree. Earthquake is better than Dragon Tail. I haven't seen very many fairies on Showdown, though. The only Gardevoir that I've seen is my own, and I've only seen a spread handful of Azumarill and Florges, and the occasional Whimsicott. I've not seen a single hair not feather of Togekiss or Sylveon whatsoever. I'm playing the Bank-OU, though, so that may or may not have something to do with it.


Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:30 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
Kiga wrote:
Yep, I agree. Earthquake is better than Dragon Tail. I haven't seen very many fairies on Showdown, though. The only Gardevoir that I've seen is my own, and I've only seen a spread handful of Azumarill and Florges, and the occasional Whimsicott. I've not seen a single hair not feather of Togekiss or Sylveon whatsoever. I'm playing the Bank-OU, though, so that may or may not have something to do with it.


Last time I tried Showdown, it rejected my team. So I cant really say about the abundance, or lack of abundance of fairies.

I am working(okay, THINKING) on a Tyrantrum set, Mainly cause I like the fact it gets Stealth rock AND Dragon tail.

Tyrantrum

Item-Leftovers/red card/weakness policy/Quick Claw/?

Ability- Strong Jaw/ HIdden ability if apliccable

Nature-Adamant
100HP/252 Att/52 Speed

Stealth Rock
Dragon Tail
Fire Fang/Crunch
EQ

The main point of this set is to fill the rolls of Two Pokemon from my team last Gen, Skarmory and Scrafty. As much as I liked Skarmory last gen, I just found him slow as a SR and Roar Combo. And Scrafty.....well if SR was Rapid spun away ( I couldnt find a Spin blocker I liked/ Couldnt get A half decent Gengar) Half of his roll was gone.

ANYWAYS, Im not sure what Itemto go for here, since I feel a few would work. I figure Adamant would be a good nature, Since I dont think Tyrantrum has that much bulk to begin with,so a defensive nature would be....not as effective, and dragon tail makes you go last, so a Jolly nature would also be pointless. Max Att, and then split the rest between HP and speed (Enough to out-speed other lead pokes).

Stealth Rock and Dragon Tail are the reason for even considering using Tyrantrum, in my opnion, since his ability.....iits awesome.....but not very wide ranging. Fire Fang is to hit Ice types, and to take advantage of Strong Jaws. However, Im not sure he can even learn it, so Crunch is there as a second option. EQ is for power, and to take care of fairies, Needed more so if Fire Fang is not available and you need to run Crunch.

This guy would PROBABLY appreciate a cleric of some sort. Since he doesnt have to worryabout buffing himself, switching would work well. He would probably also like some to handle Fairy pokes and quick Ice types. (namely weavile.). So Doublade/Aegis might be a good fit as well for a partner.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:17 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 pm
Posts: 413
Location: redfield kansas united states of amarica.
well you might want to put something on him to deal with fairies because they are immune to dragon tail. but other than that he is a lot like my Tyrantrum.

_________________
current games - X & Y
also White2 and HeartGold but not play them at this time.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

Image

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything


Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:26 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:10 am
Posts: 1124
Location: Beyond the realms of death...
You might also want to add another 100 EVs :P.
Tyrantrum is a decent choice for an SR setter. Beware, however, because its Speed is very low and so is its SpD.
For items, I say go either for Lefties or WP. Red Card can prove useful, but not always, and Quick Claw is... meh. After all, Dragon Tail's priority puts you behind.

_________________
The chill of death, the heart of a metalhead. A lone rebel.
Image
I'm a competitive battler, ask me if you have any questions on competitive battling or want advice on Ubers teambuilding.
Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!


Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
azul wrote:
well you might want to put something on him to deal with fairies because they are immune to dragon tail. but other than that he is a lot like my Tyrantrum.


That's why he has EQ and Fire Fang (if applicable). I dont think he gets any steel or poison moves, so I think those 2 moves are my best option.

ChillBill wrote:
You might also want to add another 100 EVs :P.
Tyrantrum is a decent choice for an SR setter. Beware, however, because its Speed is very low and so is its SpD.
For items, I say go either for Lefties or WP. Red Card can prove useful, but not always, and Quick Claw is... meh. After all, Dragon Tail's priority puts you behind.


What do you mean another......AH FUDGE......Guess who cant do math!

On that note, Maybe I should do....

100HP/252 Att/ 100Spd/ 52 Speed or maybe 100HP/252 Att/152Spd? I mean, Im gonna be Dragon tailing most of the time, so not like I NEED the speed.

As for the item.....I think its a 50/50 choice between lefties and Weakness Policy. Both have there good points and there bad points. So I might try experimenting with both.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:47 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1487
Location: Michigan
The role your Tyrantrum is playing is purely a defensive one, So it should be investing into HP/Def more than anything else. DT will still do good damage off an un-invested 121 base attack.

I would try:

Impish
Rock Head
252HP 252Def or S.def (You make make him a physical wall or a bit more balanced.)
Chesto Berry/Leftovers w/ Cleric support
-SR/Sleep talk (if you have another poke set SR)
-Dragon Tail
-Head Smash (Even resisted it will hit equal to 112 BP after STAB)
-Rest

Or if you invest in S.def you can make a S.Defensive tank with
Smooth rock
-Sandstorm
-SR/Sleep Talk
-Dragon Tail
-Head Smash/Fire Fang/Rest

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:37 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
MasonTheChef wrote:
The role your Tyrantrum is playing is purely a defensive one, So it should be investing into HP/Def more than anything else. DT will still do good damage off an un-invested 121 base attack.

I would try:

Impish
Rock Head
252HP 252Def or S.def (You make make him a physical wall or a bit more balanced.)
Chesto Berry/Leftovers w/ Cleric support
-SR/Sleep talk (if you have another poke set SR)
-Dragon Tail
-Head Smash (Even resisted it will hit equal to 112 BP after STAB)
-Rest

Or if you invest in S.def you can make a S.Defensive tank with
Smooth rock
-Sandstorm
-SR/Sleep Talk
-Dragon Tail
-Head Smash/Fire Fang/Rest


Hmmm....I see....I think Id likely go for the second one of the two you gave, since it has more offensive options.

On a side note: So Tyrantrum gets Rock head as his Hidden ability? Nice, I think I can work with that better than Strong Jaws.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:10 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1487
Location: Michigan
So I've been using this set lately and It's proven to be quite an effective tank.

{hariyama} (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 72 SDef / 184 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch/Feint
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

429/204/258 Defenses can take quire a bit of abuse. It can even survive Talonflame's 252+ Atk Brave Bird (84.3 - 99.7%) Assuming I can knock off it's item. As well as tank M-Alakazam's Psychic (78.7 - 92.7%) and LO Alakazam (84.1 - 100%) to give an idea of how sturdy it is. CC is it's powerful STAB move, Bullet Punch for Priority damage, but feint has some use to hit Talonflame,Gyarados,Rotom a tad better and +2 Priority can hit above Talonflame's Gale Wings. Knock off now does great damage and smashes any ghosts or switch-ins and removes their items. Making him the bane of Trevenant along with guts. EQ is odd on a fighting-type but has some better coverage this gen than before. Such as a safe move for Aegsislash, Tentacruel, Dragalge, Klefki, and Nidoking.

woo 1337th post. #coolin2006

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:48 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 pm
Posts: 413
Location: redfield kansas united states of amarica.
I have been thinking of a greninja with expertbelt.

graninja
item: expertbelt
nature: speed or att/s.att +, def's or att not used -
ev spread: max att used, max speed and the rest in hp
ability: protein

moves
for Special:
Extrasensory/dark pulse
scald/hydro pump/surf
grass knot/ice beam
sud/any of the above

for Physical:
Aerial Ace
u-turn/Power-Up Punch
night slash
Shadow Sneak/water shuriken

so the idea is get the h*** of if you can't hit super effectively.

personally i have never really used the expertbelt so i don't know if it is any good.

_________________
current games - X & Y
also White2 and HeartGold but not play them at this time.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

Image

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything


Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:59 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Posts: 1487
Location: Michigan
Next set I'm working on, had one used against me on showdown so I really wanted to make my own variant.

{kingdra} (M) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 228 Spd / 216 SAtk / 4 SDef / 60 HP
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

Set works the same as a typical Double dance set. however with the scope lens + Focus energy he gains a 100% crit rate which is then boosted to 225% damage due to sniper. From there you can throw off unrelenting Draco meteors (Crits ignore stat drops) to sweep a team. Surf for coverage.

EVs are mostly to special sweep, though I pulled a many as I could to HP for a bit more bulk while not losing any notable OHKO's. Even then he requires a good amount of support to set-up a sweep.

And the Horsea I bred has 31/31/31/31/31/31. I could only dream of breeding that before this gen... and this only took a day.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:02 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1403
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
MasonTheChef wrote:
And the Horsea I bred has 31/31/31/31/31/31. I could only dream of breeding that before this gen... and this only took a day.


*raises hand* Permission to be Jelly?

Anywho, Ive been fiddling with Avalugg, and this is the set I like most and it does pretty well too.

Avalugg
Sturdy
Brave
Leftovers

4Hp/252 Att/ 252 DEF/ 0Ivs Speed

Avalanche
Gyroball
EQ
Recover

This is meant to be more of an Offensive Tank than a Defensive one. Avalanche is for STAB, and pretty much gets the boost since Avalugg is pretty dang slow. Gyroball to handle Fairies, EQ for coverage, and Recover to make this guy even MORE annoying. The problem Ive seen with this guy(OTHER than being the worse defensive typing going) is Special Sweepers (SP.Def is worse than a wet paper bag.) and Mega-Kangaskan, which is able to pretty much set up this guy with PP Punch. Other than that, this guy works really well.

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:59 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:59 pm
Posts: 81
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
MasonTheChef wrote:
Next set I'm working on, had one used against me on showdown so I really wanted to make my own variant.

{kingdra} (M) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 228 Spd / 216 SAtk / 4 SDef / 60 HP
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Focus Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Surf

Set works the same as a typical Double dance set. however with the scope lens + Focus energy he gains a 100% crit rate which is then boosted to 225% damage due to sniper. From there you can throw off unrelenting Draco meteors (Crits ignore stat drops) to sweep a team. Surf for coverage.

EVs are mostly to special sweep, though I pulled a many as I could to HP for a bit more bulk while not losing any notable OHKO's. Even then he requires a good amount of support to set-up a sweep.

And the Horsea I bred has 31/31/31/31/31/31. I could only dream of breeding that before this gen... and this only took a day.


Been experimenting using that set on showdown along with Baton Pass Speed Boost Scolipede and Smeargle w/ Spore, Sticky Web and Rocks. Ferrothorn is really the only thing that could stop it before I thought about getting rid of Agility all together and using BP. Now running HP Fire along with Draco and Surf. Unstoppable if set up right. Still vicious even if I can't get any hazards up.

I've also been trying out the mega evolutions to see which ones are truly great, and I've been loving Mega Absol. Basically a much, much better Magic Bouncer than Espeon, as it has similar physical bulk but isn't weak to TTar's Pursuit, hits like an absolute tank and can run mixed sets to keep opponents on edge. Espeon is usually used as support, but M-Absol can blast through unprepared teams. I run it with a typical lead Smeargle, as Stealth Rock grants Absol some crucial KO's. This is my go to:

{absol} @ Absolite
Ability: Super Luck ---> Magic Bounce
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Sp Atk
Hasty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast

_________________
Heart Gold Friend Code: 4383 9902 6814

FC changed recently. Anyone who has registered me should change it in their Pal Pad.

My trading thread: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27005


Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:45 pm
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.