It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Doubles Spot/VGC RMT 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So I know Doubles isn't played to much here, but since I'm a bit bored and writing RMTs tend to help me cross-check my team even before posting it I figured I'd go ahead and post it. Not like anything else is going on here >.>

Team at a glance: Hariyama,Amoonguss,Rotom-H,Doublade,M-Gyarados,Aromatisse
Style:Bulky Offensive w/ TR support

ImageShichimi (Hariyama) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 220 Def / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Feint
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat

Hariyama fits the bill for a bulky offence team, think of Conkeldurr trading in Drain Punch for Close Combat, Feint support, and acess to knock off in VGC. In return it loses some defense and Drain Punch recovery. EV spread is to be as bulky as possible and survive Both M-Charizard's strongest attacks and unboosted Talonflame's BB. while the speed is enough to outpace Mawile,Azumarril,Chansey w/o TR and still outslow most mons on non-TR teams. CC is STAB and hits hard, Rock Slide for spread damage and flinch. Knock off for ghosts and removing items from stall based teams or Eject button screen/tailwind leads. Feint to remove protects and deal weak damage. Guts was chosen for burn immunity.
ImageSucrose (Aromatisse) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Aromatisse is a strong TR and support lead in doubles. Barring flinch it can set up TR without fail, while keeping it's partner immune from taunt, encore and the rare disable. Once TR is up it can absorb attacks with protect, heal sleep,burn,paralysis from it's partner with Aromatherapy or attempt some damage with Moonblast. EVs are to tank hits as well as possible, while relying on Gyara's Intimidate to buff his defense further.

This set is also key to taking out Darkrai in free double battles. With Lum+TR and follow up with Aromatherapy or Moonblast next turn
ImageEnoki (Amoonguss) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Foul Play/Swagger for VGC

Spore everything in a tier without sleep clause. Amoonguss is a great defensive buffer than can stop many physical threats and leave them disabled with sleep until his partners can KO or regain momentum. if everything possible is asleep Amoonguss can regain HP with Synthesis or Regen switch out to Rotom-H or Gyara with ease, forming a good FWG core. Sludge Bomb is to deal decent damage and Foul play can slam out most physical attackers and steels with ease. in VGC where Foul Play is banned on Amoonguss Swagger makes a good sub to make heavy sweepers gamble their turns and further disable sleeping mons. EVs for max defense with 8 speed to outpace other base 30's prior to TR.

ImageConvection (Rotom-Heat) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
- Overheat
- Thunder

Rotom-H is the team's all around special sponge to come in and grab hits from leading Amoonguss and Gyara. Once in it will spread burns stall for damage and occasionally throw out a powerful hit. Overheat is it's only fire STAB and can easily switch away afterwards to Amoonguss or Hariyama/Doublade. Thunder is shaky, but can OHKO Talonflame and Keledo/Starmie after any damage. Plus it's great in TR against Rain teams.
EVs are for special bulk with a bit bonus defense.

ImageChef's Knife (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Wide Guard
- Swords Dance

A poke I've been dead set to make work for me, and Doubles is his game. A great user of Wide Guard since his typing and stats lure EQ, Heat Wave, Surf, Discharge, and block them for the team, including Gyara's EQ. Shadow Sneak is for picking off weak opponents and M-Gardevoir. Iron head seems inferior to Gyro Ball but is much more stable against fellow Bulky and TR teams, plus bonus finch. SD is typically late game only to deter stall, as No Guard makes it's only use to completely null Minimize users. EVs given to add a bit of special bulk along with max attack.

ImageGunkanmaki (Gyarados) (F) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Required Intimidate support. Gyarados switches in and out multiple times per match to keep physical offence in check. In mid-late game he comes in to DD up and mega sweep. Distinctly being the team's only "fast" sweeper. With a single boost he can run thru most offensive mons with ease. Even OHKOing Mega-zard-Y in Sun. EQ slaming everything while Rotom, Aroma and Doublade can Protect from it. or Ice fang to KO multiscale Dnite, Intimidate Mence, or take a chunk out of Mega-Saur. Mega Evolving is typically saved to sweep and usually stays normal to constantly reapply Intimidate.

Videos of team:

Against Hail team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybat ... -140150716

Using TR well alongside Amoonguss and Gyara
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybat ... -140151841

TR alongside Hariyama.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/xybat ... -140181047

Overall I really happy with out this team works out. It's TR capable, but also is bulky enough to hold well without it or against other TR teams. No large team weakness I've noted besides M-Khan, who can hit everything hard with Return minus Doublade who can only 2hko in return if I run SS or Gyro ball. Talonflame also poses it's usual threat with priority Brave bird.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Im gonna have to say it looks pretty good. I really dont do doubles so I cant really do a good "rate". The only thing I can maybe offer is adding volt switch/U-turn or Baton pass since it looks like your team requires a lot of switching.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've tried Volt switch on Rotom before. The two big issues I had with him was;
-Overheat became his only attack that could do decent damage, which opponents would be able to plan or stall against.
-If the poke I used Volt switch on used Protect, Rotom would be kept in play.
I found just switching overall worked better on his case, everything on the team has enough bulk to switch in with little harm. (Barring a mispredict.)

As far as the rest I see no mons that I could sub that learn U-turn/VS/BP that wouldn't fall in other aspects.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hrm...Yeah I see....Not much else I can offer. I don't play in Doubles enough to what the big threats are.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]