It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Super Special Awesome Monotype Tournament Interest? 

Would you want a monotype tournament?
Yes. 100%  100%  [ 10 ]
No. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I would rather have something else. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

Super Special Awesome Monotype Tournament Interest? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm still in the business of coming up with some ideas on to revive the battle tower here to bring forward to EP and one of those ideas is another of my standard monotype tournaments that I hosted several of in the past. Before I do so though I want to gauge the interest level of the community here to see if that is something that everyone else would want to do. Give me your input guys!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Of course!!!
But what is it exactly? :)

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:01 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry I should have explained what a monotype tournament is, I just thought that everyone would know that. Basically what it is you select a type and five of the six Pokemon of your team must be that type. With other standard rules like species clause. So for example I chose fire a legal team for me would be Ninetales, Charizard, Infernape, Typhlosion, Emboar, and Swampert an illegal team would be Ninetales, Charizard, Infernape, Typhlosion, Swampert, and Samurott.

The one type that you choose forces you to think more strategically about your team as well as the type that you are going up against.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Sounds fun. I'm not too good with battling and have no experience with monotype teams but would like to enter a tournament here. Hopefully there is enough interest.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:59 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I wouldn't mind doing it. I have no online battling experience. Sure lets do it. What would you win if you came first? Worthless Psybucks? I just need some prep to get my pokemon. Hmmm. So one of them would be a Weavile, maybe a Charizard as well. Any guess on what type I would choose. Does the gen matter when it comes to online battling. I'm so sick of being limited because I don't want to cash out on BW2.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sure, I'm on. One question, though. Will we play by the VG rules and bans or by the Smogon tiers?

Credit to DragoBoy for the banner!
The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!

Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I personally would have interest in joining this as well. I've never used a mono-type team before, but I've seen very many successful strategies utilizing them before. (The most notable of which was a mono-normal team that nearly swept me on Pokemon Online!)

But yeah, I'll see if I can't start training soon if it happens to take place. I've already got two ideas for types I would use, and now I've just got to narrow between the two. ;)

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm interested as well. I'm assuming that it would be Singles?

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes it would be singles going of the basic Smogon tier system. On the fifth generation of games.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dammit, so this means no Swift Swim + Drizzle. Oh well... I still have stuff up my sleeve.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Wow guys impressive, by my count (including myself), we have seven people interested. That is not too terribly shabby, maybe we can get some more people interested and maybe I could get some old battlers in on this. Spread the word to your friends of this!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I may join in. It depends on the 'when' factor.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Right now I'm just gauging the level of interest for it right now. If I can get enough I will go through the necessary hoops to get approval and have the said "when" factor.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd totally be interested in doing this. I remember competing in your last tournament and it was fun. Although I don't know if I actually could because my DS's top screen isn't working, but if I fix it or get a new one, I'd definitely join.

3DS FC (Pokemon X) 2595-0552-0873

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If I can connect my DS to internet, I will join.
I have WPA2 password but they ask me WEP key instead, so I can't connect.
Also, my network have a "É" on it, who totally glitch everything and I can't do manual setup since this character doesn't exist on the DS...
Well, If I find a way to connect, I'm going to join! :)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would absolutely love to join in on this. However, I may have left my DS back at home while I live in my college dorms, and I don't see myself going back to get it until the middle of March. ):

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:39 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
If we are going to do this I'm going to need a date, so I can actually get to a certain point in my game where I have all the pokemon I want. At this point all I have is.... Wait is the going to be played on BW. Please don't do BW2. At this point I only have well, my nothing that's in my type.

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

GhostPony750 wrote:
If I can connect my DS to internet, I will join.
I have WPA2 password but they ask me WEP key instead, so I can't connect.
Also, my network have a "É" on it, who totally glitch everything and I can't do manual setup since this character doesn't exist on the DS...
Well, If I find a way to connect, I'm going to join! :)

Check this, the third post down. Not sure how much of a techie you are but it's worth a shot.

James86134 wrote:
If we are going to do this I'm going to need a date, so I can actually get to a certain point in my game where I have all the pokemon I want. At this point all I have is.... Wait is the going to be played on BW. Please don't do BW2. At this point I only have well, my nothing that's in my type.

BW and BW2 are compatible for battles. The only catch is that BW won't let you see which form some Pokemon are (the Kyurems and Therians since they aren't around in BW) in Team Preview.

I also have a question of my own. I've started putting a team together and I'm wondering how far I need to level them. Do the online battles auto level them up, I'm assuming to level 100, or do I have to train them up that far?

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:19 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

If we need to Lvl everything up to something above 50, screw it I'm out.

We should have a Lvl limit.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

If there is a lvl limit <95, I'm out. I have a lot of my competetive battling pokes around or above that level, and I have two dragons and two fires around that level.

Goodbye
"

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:11 pm
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Hey, Shinashu. You started this hype. Set some rules?

Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shinashu is on a trip currently. He'll return on Monday. Wait 'till then.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:27 am
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I believe your Pokemon's levels will be set to 50 or 100, regardless of what they are. Stats will be recalculated for those levels. At least this is how I think it works, I'm not really sure.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:21 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Actually no. If they're 50 of over they get set to 50 with stats on that Lvl. Anything under 50 is at the same Lvl, with the same stats. I have no games that are anywhere near finished. I don't have time to train it too that Lvl. So... I'm out if thats needed.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hey y'all I'm back.

Anyway here are the rules from my past ones ala copy paste.

Rules- All players select a type they would like to use.
All matches will be conducted in 6v6 singles, lvl 100.
All teams must be at least five sixths of your chosen type. (Which means if you choose water you must have at least five Pokemon with a Water type.)
You are allowed to have one wildcard per match.
Sleep Clause.
Evasion Clause (exception to this are moves that indirectly raise evasion, Snow Cloak, Sand Veil, Accupressure, Metronome.)
No item clause will be enforced.
No extreme hacks. (Exploding Shiny Magikarps are just fine though.)
No Ubers (though I love Latias, just no Ubers)
If a discrepancy occurs redo match if it happens again both players are out.
*New rule to which I want to add* You may switch out your entire team or any number of Pokemon during the tournament between matches, as long as it still makes a legal team!

If anyone has questions about the rules just say it here and I will go into much greater detail. As for a date I'm going to leave this open for just a while longer, two weeks tops, and then I will get permission from EP and open this tournament up.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next