It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 GBU: Battle Ethics 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So I have been playing on the GBU for a while, And I found that as soon as I'm about win the opponent disconnects, Taking away my Victorys. I've noticed thats its mostly USA player that do this as players from Japan tend to play the match to the end.
75% of my victories Have disconnected My current record, 2 loses and 24 wins (Not counting disconnects)

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:11 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I get the same thing, from both US and UK players. >:(

Japanese players are a bit better, but they have a bad habit of forfeiting as the first instance of luckhax or out-prediction.

Current wins: 26 (32 if keeping track of DC's) Losses: 6

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nice to know that this has happened to more than one person. So far I ve onyl had this happen to me once, Which really bites Casue Ive lost so many battles.

To those who dissconnect during battles : SUCK IT UP AND TAKE THE LOSS!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Arg, Two more ragequitters in one day. It seems the chances of them DCing increase for every Dragon-type on their team.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:58 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Also:
I wrote on pkmn protips wrote:
97. In Wi-fi battles, if you lose to some random person, don't be a chicken and turn off the game right before you lose. Be honerable and accept defeat. So next time, if you find that person, he won't say "Look there's the wimp who ditched my battle! BAHAHAHA!!!"

Also, you think that turning off the game inbattle should just add on to your Lose count? Kind of like how the Battle Fronteir makes you lose your win streak if you turn off the game.

Either that or Nintendo should put up a third thing on the Win-Lose stats. It would say "Win-Lose-Chickenoutanddisconectduringbattle".

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

my friend did that during our wifi battle then when he came over a few days latter he was doing random battles and one of the people disconected from him and he got PO and i was just laughing

Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If a person disconnects too often, they will get disqualified from the Global Battle Union ranking season.

Apparently people who have experienced too many disconnects from their OPPONENTS can also get disqualified (the game might regard both battlers as having a connection interruption).

I never disconnect from opponents (if I know I'll lose I just forfeit), but I've had a few opponents disconnect on me. Especially the ones with 1700+ ratings. (It's quite likely that everyone that's ranked highly disconnects when they're about to lose, because that way they'll never lose any rating points... until they're disqualified)

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This happened to me so much on pokemon battle revolution pissed me off so much and it's happening on this why am I not surprised?

The way to fix this? Simple, have the people who disconnect regularly have it appear on their wins/losses as disconnections. After they reach a certain amount of disconnections either in a day or a year or a limit of 100 or so, they'll no longer be able to use the wifi.

About the disconnections appearing by the wins/losses, the reason for that is that those players will be forced to play against other people who have a similar amount of disconnections on their record :Þ

Sat May 28, 2011 7:41 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Algradon wrote:
The way to fix this? Simple, have the people who disconnect regularly have it appear on their wins/losses as disconnections. After they reach a certain amount of disconnections either in a day or a year or a limit of 100 or so, they'll no longer be able to use the wifi.

About the disconnections appearing by the wins/losses, the reason for that is that those players will be forced to play against other people who have a similar amount of disconnections on their record :Þ

This sounds good. But it would be a good idea that if they reach that 100 limit, then they only get punished for a month or so. Kind of like Psypoke's old probation system.

Sat May 28, 2011 11:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

They might of actually fixed this, Here's a battle I had earlier today.

27-32190-49805

At the last turn the screen faded like they disconnected, but instead of getting the DC screen It went straight to the Win/Lose screen, and getting the win point and save video request. A usual forefit would give of given the "Player has forfeited" message beforehand.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:37 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The developers really failed at this part. I mean mostly children play so it is natural when they lose they disconnect. They should've made it a loss or at least count it in his trainer card's as a Disconnect.

I lost many battles and won equally. But thanks to DC's my loss is higher.

Image Image Image Image Image Image - White
----------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image - OTeam

My Trading Thread (Closed)

Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To be honest sometimes the DC isnt really the trainers fault. Sometimes they just lose the connection. But I will say when they DC When you win t he match and they DC, kinda hard not think the DC was on purpose.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]