It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Favorite Style of Battling 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
How I love annoyers. I savor and love every moment of frustration and every ounce of pain in my opponent's face. And I always have a tank lead, My team:
{dusknoir} moves: Undecided, except for Night Shade. suggestions?
{milotic} @leftovers moves: Aqua Ring, Sleep Talk, Fa

Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If you go with annoyers, you should go with better tank pokes. I.E. Tangrowth or even a Ludicolo. Why have sleep talk on a Milotic with no rest? And two pokes that rely on Hypnosis... good luck with that.

Dusknoir {dusknoir} @ Leftovers
Impish - Pressure
128 Def, 128 Atk, 252 HP

~ Pain Split
~ Ice Punch
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Night Shade/ I would suggest Shadow Punch instead

Dusknoir doesn't make for the best annoyer but serves well as a half decent tank. Low HP stats mean you must dedicate to HP, Def is its set as it can handle most dragons with Will-O and IceP. Pain Split keeps it in the game and Shadow Punch provides a decent STAB attack. This set is pretty basic, you could move the EVs around as long as you don't deprive the HP stat.

Annoyers have always been a team of luck, which is why they are kind of hard to be consistent with, where is the umbreon with toxic and confuse ray? Anyways for me, I like to run offensive based teams, run a lead that checks suicide leads or sweeper leads rather than do it itself backed by a DDancer and so CB/CS options. Hit them in the mouth and kick 'em while they're down. I am currently making a new team, as my '07 design is too dated.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my preferences are annoyers and walls, i have a Froslass that will anger anyone due to its moves and high defenses :P

Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
My Gengar and Hypno have scary accuracy. And as I said, Milotic is a status absorber. I need a STAB(surf), and sleep talk is more defensive than offensive. Finally, thanks for the advice on Dusknoir.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just FYI almost every battling community enforces sleep clause, which severely limits the usefulness of sleep moves like dream eater as the opposing player can simply switch out and the switch in would be "immune" to sleep. Leaving you will 2-3 useless moves. (psychic and ghost each have a type immune as well.)

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My favorite style of battling is to hit hard and fast. Which is why many of my teams have a good number of sweepers, and if they aren't fast enough to sweep I usually have a move on em that allows that.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:23 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Edoc'sil wrote:
My Gengar and Hypno have scary accuracy. And as I said, Milotic is a status absorber. I need a STAB(surf), and sleep talk is more defensive than offensive. Finally, thanks for the advice on Dusknoir.

Yeah, STAB Surf for sure, but Facade and even Aqua ring for that matter are not needed at all. I would take Milo with Surf, Rest, Sleep Talk, and Ice Beam if you want a true status absorber. And in the new Gens Hypnosis has 60% accuracy... with both of those pokemon being frail if you miss you are out, especially in today's game styles. Wall annoyers are really the only viable option in my opinion, and as such should consist of Umbreon, Bronzong, Dusknoir etc. These pokemon offer valuable defenses with decent type coverages, the ability to toxic things is always valuable. That and if you ever get into a competitive tournament, odds are they will enforce the sleep clause, thus making your Hypno/Gengar combo effectively useless. That and CS Gengar is epic powerful... and imo a much better switch. I'm not trying to rip on you or anything, it's just if we are talking about competitive battle styles this would have a hard time. But the way you like to play, offers a wide variety of pokemon and movesets to you which is why I encourage you to look at other new and improved options.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My style changes with the pokes I choose, but I generally like to use high power moves, ohko's and criticals. Im not much of a status inducer, waller or staller.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:30 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm a tank guy, Hit hard while being able to take a hit from a sweeper.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

another annoyer type pokemon is skarmory with the ability to use roar whirl wind roost stealth rocks spikes toxic brave bird etc however i see you have a lot of defensive tanks what about offensive tanks like t-tar and metagross which can be very unstoppable with agility and Dragon Dance etc

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oooh, my friends hate me even more now. Thank you so much. Oh, and i thought that I should add this:
{ninetales} position: phaser. moves: roar, toxic, will o wisp (for those immune to toxic), and STAB flamethrower.
This has been a valuable phaser for me. Opinions? Ways to make it better? Also, it has mostly speed, and I was only going to use Gengar and Hypno for DPP and use some ok-ish sweepers I developed also for BW.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Edoc'sil wrote:
Oooh, my friends hate me even more now. Thank you so much. Oh, and i thought that I should add this:
{ninetales} position: phaser. moves: roar, toxic, will o wisp (for those immune to toxic), and STAB flamethrower.
This has been a valuable phaser for me. Opinions? Ways to make it better? Also, it has mostly speed, and I was only going to use Gengar and Hypno for DPP and use some ok-ish sweepers I developed also for BW.

Weezing does this even better because he can switch into hits and effectively get off all of the said moves.

Weezing {weezing} @ Black Sludge
Bold - Levitate
252 HP, 128 Def, 128 SpD

~ Toxic
~ Flamethrower
~ Pain Split
~ Thunderbolt

A fragile pokemon with roar is a bad idea as it will always go last, a tank is always better in that situation. Weezing is a UU pokemon that can wall very well give you a similar effect.

Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I enjoy using unexpected pokemon like the wonderful surprise of
{shuckle} @ leftovers
255defense 255sp. defense
stealth rock
toxic
protect
bug bite

this is fun to use on my younger brother, as he has nearly no defenses against such a fun pokemon, and it can weather most storms (especially his tyranitar's), but once he started exploiting my greatest weakness (most things that are weak to fighting, as about the only fighting that i don't hate or at least dislike is breloom) and made a sweeper weavile, i have had some trouble beating him.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:46 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My favorite style is offensively-based teams, especially dragon/butterfly dance sweepers, (love Ulgamoth and Gyarados) and Agility/Rock Polish sweepers, specifically Aggron and Kingler. Although I also enjoy hail stall, especially with so many 5th gen defensive pokemon that can support it.

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

my style is strongly mixed between offense and defense involving great synergy, hazers and pokemon that learn clear smog may also be used I prefer pokemon like togekiss, scrafty, druddigon, ferrothron. and swampert tanks ones that attack well and have great defenses although I don't mind a Scafed Contrary leaf storm Serperior or a Shell Smash cloyster or any other prominant pure sweeper you can think of I don't like set up moves that much but they can be useful
because my style involves typing I try to avoid pokemon with 5-6 or even 7 weaknessed and rarely use one with 4 weaknesses
I also play lu seaking/gastrodon, eelektros, whirlpede, probopass, calm mind cobalion.
although i have used a drill run fearow and other sash sweepers.
I have to have things a certain way if they aren't i will not like the team i'm using
lastly i occasionally use a status absorber/blocker Toxic orb poison heal gliscor my aforementioned heracross
Preferred types: Dark, Steel, Electric, water, I've recently warmed up to dragons and flying types
Despised types: rock, ice
rarely used types that i should use more: psychic, fighting, and ghost
overall My style is unconventional and read based and has its flaws but it works for me

Last edited by Aquadude on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:39 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

my infurnape with the herb from the battle subway
focus blast flame trower blast burn and earth quake
style use my weakneas to power me up and make the first move and is a mix of close and far range attacks depending on opponent

Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I like baton passing.

I have a Scizor with agility, swords dance, metal claw and baton pass. I do a few agilitys and swords dances, then I pass it onto my Shuckle so I dont need to use power trick and give him horible defences.

I'm thinking of giving scizor an OHKO move (can it actuly learn any?) to replace metal claw.

Art page. I shall draw every single Pokemon and there is nothing you can do to stop meMUHAHAHA *ahem*

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]