It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Unofficial Psypoke Gym League: Leader Placement Tournament 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This is it, folks. THis is the moment we've been waiting for for so many months now. Here it is; the Leader Tournament!

Rules:
--NO Ubers
--Standard battling rules: OHKO, Item, Species, Sleep, anything I missed (you guys should know them by now)
--If paired with a double battler, come to some sort of agreement on how battles will be conducted.
--Contact each other to establish certain rules (levels, battle styles, etc.)
--No flamming or bawwing if you got paried with someone "good." I've battled you all and every one of you put up an excellent test battle.
--Use your Gym Teams for this tournament. We're here to see whose Gym is strongest.
--Make accomodations to get battles done on time. Get each others info and be courteous.
--Post your final battle results in this thread (win/loss; Pokemon ratio)

Round 1 Matchups:

Ryder vs. Emporer of Ice /vXv\

Mektar vs. Cactuar

Emin Jofit vs. TheKid

Psychic_Espeon_16 vs. MasterChef

EvilPenguin vs. shinashu taji

Round 2 Matchups:

Emin Jofit vs. Mektar

shinashu taji vs. Ryder

MasterChef automatically advances (best record)

FINAL ROUND:

MasterChef vs. shinashu taji vs. Mektar

You will each face each other whenever you get a chance, and the person with the best total record at the end of the matches will be our Champion.

Post to acknowledge you know your battle and get to it. There will be no deadline since you each have to do 2 battles, but you should post your records for all matches in the thread when you're done. Get to it!

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Last edited by Emin Jofit on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Blah I'm aware. Gonna be fun.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I see it.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Emin Jofit wrote:
--If paired with a double battler, be prepared for double battles. They have precedence.

...and the reason for that is because...?

Emin Jofit wrote:
--Use your Gym Teams for this tournament. We're here to see whose Gym is strongest.

What do you suggest I do, seeing how I technically don't have a gym team per se, and that shina's team is a monotype of a type that I can't even use at the moment.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

okay, cool.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@EvilPenguin: I'm giving double battlers precedence because it's much harder for them to adjust to single battling for a tournament than it is for a single battler to go doubles. Just saying.

Also, I don't know what you should do. My advice is this; Shina has a monotype team, but he does have dual-typed Pokes (which is a given) plus a wildcard. I say, match up some of his dual types/wildcard types and then do what you'd normally do for challengers. I guess I really hadn''t thought about how that would work for you guys...just compromise.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:20 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Just so you know, singles teams have just as much problems going to doubles as double have going to singles. Earthquake and Surf, for instance, are two moves that are found on just about every singles team, but because they hurt your teammates as well as the foes, they are very difficult to use in a doubles battle unless you're willing to harm your own pokemon. On the other hand, moves that are common staples on doubles teams, like Protect, Follow Me, Imprison, and Skill Swap, are rarely, if ever, seen on singles teams.

I would suggest that people in this situation do both a singles battle and a doubles battle, and then if there needs to be a tiebreaker they have a simple 6v6 singles where they don't use their gym teams, just to prove who's the better battler. Honestly, its the only way thats fair to both battlers.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Good points, EP. I didn't want to have to do something like that, though. Just for convenience sake. Tell you what; if you and your partner agree to do that, then I've no problem with it.

For the rest of you, work something out with each other. Either do what they're going to do or come to some sort of compromise about the battle. We don't have that many people doing doubles, but if there's a conflict just work it out. I just do one double battle and accept that I'm going to kill a teammate or two with Earthquake or something.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:12 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gahhhh, my parents booked an earlier flight today so i'm not going to be able to participate in the tourny.... I don't mind at all being the bottom rung gym leader or whatever the powers that be decide. I am really really sorry that I have to bail on this today and apologies to Ryder. I'll see you guys in august =/

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sorry to hear about that Emporer. Well, Ryder advances then, I guess.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

its okay, emperor, tho I kinda wanted to battle x_x maybe I shouldn't just advance, emin, but battle the loser from someone elses match and if they beat me they go on instead of dropping back, and if I win i go on? it'd be a second chance for them and i wouldn't just slide on by which might be considered unfair to some people..

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hey, if you want to do that, I'm okay with it. Do you just want to take on the first person who loses a match? That might take a little while, so just sit tight for now and then challenge that person.

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

okay, will do. thanks. ^^

Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Saw it, thanks Mektar for messaging me because I skipped over the thread :P

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'll challenge Ryder, But like I said in the other topic I don't want to be champ, nor do I want to pegged as an easy trainer to beat.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

okay. are we battling with our gym teams or with any team? I was under the impression we were using our gym team in the tourney, but I just wanna clarify first.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Gym teams only, unless we need some sort of a tie breaker based solely on battling ability.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I beat EP we did a best of three I won two.

Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alrighty then, Shina advances. Anyone else have your matches yet?

EDIT: Also, Shina, what was your best record in those matches?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My best record was a 3-0. Nothing too special. Just curious does that affect anything or was it from curiosity?

Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, the next round's going to have 5 people, so it's going to be 2 matches of 2 with the person with the highest ranking getting a free pass into the final round. Then those three will do the 3 person match thing you told me about a couple of weeks ago to decide a champion.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Heh, Mektar won. Jirachi just wasn't haxzor enough.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:09 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Your Umbreon was pretty annoying though. You should have given it Suicune's Leftovers instead of a stupid Wiki Berry.

@ Emin: I won 2:0. I didn't need my Torterra.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:11 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i won my battle, we battled twice and the first time he took out two or three pokemon, i dont remember the exact number, i forgot to write it down. XP the second time he took out four. battling double was weird, im not used to it but i feel i did okay. we forgot to do a single battle, but i guess its not that big of a deal.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Mektar wrote:
Your Umbreon was pretty annoying though. You should have given it Suicune's Leftovers instead of a stupid Wiki Berry.

@ Emin: I won 2:0. I didn't need my Torterra.

Yeah, that would've won me the game lol. Probably should've went with Brick Break right away on Empoleon, and also used Draco Meteor on Sceptile instead of Iron Head. Ah well, you won fair and square, GG.

EDIT: Also that was incredibly stupid of me to sacrifice Bliss, didn't even need the second stat drop to finish Nape. Bliss would've provided me with one KO off counter, XD.

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next