It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Need help for good OU Defenders 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Me and my friends were going to have a little tournament, and I created a team on shoddy battle, and logically it seemed fine, but I was not doing well. My team was
Lead Swampert
Dragon Dance T-tar
Choice Specs Kingdra
Mixed Metagross
Tank Dusknoir
Cleric Blissey
I thought Blissey and Dusknoir was a good combo, because they covered each other's weaknesses. I would appreciate some suggestions for a different combination and suggestions for improving my team.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Noir Bliss looks good. Works good. Team looks good. I would change Gross to a solid Physical attacker, but that is just me0. If you want to use different "defenders" here is a quick list that I know from the OU. Forretress, Skarmory, Celebii, Shaymin, Umbreon, Zapdos (can be augmented to make a wall), Metagross itself can be changed to a wall.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:14 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since it's shoddy you can use wishbliss to help your team tank better overall, as all your pokes have average to good defenses they'll benefit from wish quite well. Outside shoddy Wishbell Umbreon works well alongside dusknoir.

Only defensive problem I see with Blissey/Dusknoir combo is boosted crunches.

Also given the format you posted are you using the copy/paste sets from smogon? There might be the problem as those are easier to predict sets then custom ones.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Funny, I had a wish umbreon, i just never considered using it because two dark types on one team could prove to be fatal to me, because if I do happen to face a lucario, then it'll probably crunch on the second turn when I go to dusknoir. I would like to refain from movesets that I can't use, such as wishbliss, because I am eventually going to make this team,(I'm pretty much done actually, that darn seismic toss!) I was also thinking of substituting a lead jirachi for swampert, seeing as jirachi has more speed, and has better overall stats.
Oh, and to reply to Masterchef, I do not copy and paste into shoddy, I prefer to make my teams from scratch(Get the pun? You see cuz his name is chef and never mind...) because I really like that smogon gives movesets and opinions which are extremely helpful, but I do prefer making some changes to the movesets or stats. Such as my T-tar has a pretty spread-out EV's(Defenses, speed and Attack) as opposed to smogon's 252 Speed 252 atk, so that it can get out that one or possibly two dragon dances. That's just my personal paranoia though.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

typhlosion blaze wrote:
I do not copy and paste into shoddy, I prefer to make my teams from scratch(Get the pun? You see cuz his name is chef and never mind...) because I really like that smogon gives movesets and opinions which are extremely helpful,

lol, likewise. It's a good tool, but using sets straight off there is a bad idea. I dislike how many people just copy/paste their movesets from there, esp in the rating thread.

As far as lucario goes you run into the same problem with blissey (outside chople/counter) Lead +speed jirachi or scarfjirachi would be very helpful to counter this as well as giving your team a much needed revenge killer. (or at least something higher then kingra's +nature base 85 speed)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:48 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

dont you think that you're lacking more of a special sweeper than a defender? I mean a nasty plot ape can really fit well in your team since your lacking a strong fighting and fire type attack(if your blissey has flamethrower or dusnoir with fire punch its fine i guess but still there's still no fighting and grass[grass knot] type attack though) i would suggest:
Quote:
Infernape
Timid Blaze
Lum Berry
252SPA 252SPD6HP
Focus Blast
Fire Blast
Grass Knot
Nasty Plot

and change Kingdra to double dancer
Quote:
Kingdra
Adamant Swift Swim
252HP 230ATK 128SPD
Rain dance
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Outrage

or if you dont like my suggestion you could take one of these popular defenders that's suitable for your current team:
Quote:
Skarmory
252HP 170DEF 76ATK 12SPD
Impish Keen eye
Leftovers
Roost
Spike
Brave Bird
Whirlwind

Excellent pokemon if you're having trouble with pokes that like to use stat increasing move at the same time spikes help you a lot 12SPD just for out speeding Skarmomy that has no +spd nature and no EVs in spd

Quote:
Donphan
252HP 180ATK 78DEF
Adamant Sturdy
Leftovers
Ice Shard
Earthquake
Assurance
Rapid Spin

A great revenge killer since it has Ice Shard dont underestimate its earthquake its a quite powerful STAB move and rapid spin just help you blow away annoying spikes and rocks even though he's not in OU he's definitely a pokemon to consider

Quote:
Snorlax
120DEF 160HP 230SPDEF
Careful Thick Fat
Chesto Berry/Leftovers
Curse
Rest/Explosion(depends but I like rest and chesto better)
Crunch/Fire Punch
Earhquake/Body Slam(for me body slam is better than return since it can cause paralysis that's why i didn't put return here)

Just like Swampert after using curse a few times it would pack a punch...Metagross weakness is fire so having thick fat means having a good switch in and earhquake to handle those fire types crunch or fire punch is your choice if you predict that they will switch to a ghost pokemon to counter you crunch is definitely a better choice but if you're lacking of a fire type attack fire punch is fine too Earthquake or a STAB move is up to you though i prefre earhquake since it can counter many types of pokes but due to the fact that having him means having 3pokemon(blissey T-Tar and it) weak against fighting type attack it may not be a good choice

Quote:
Suicune
252HP 252DEF 6SPDEF
Bold Pressure
Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Rest
Sleep Talk/Hidden Power Electric/Ice Beam
Surf
Calm Mind

If you're worrying about a vaporeon or any other pokes with water absorb then sleep talker suicune wont be that effective since it only has Surf which is a water type move changing ST to HP-Elect is great for countering water types but then you will be lacking of power against grass type since Elect and water type moves aren't effective against them but if you choose Ice Beam water type pokemon will be a prob too....so it depends but I guess after a few clam minds it would still pack a punch while being able to take many attacks

Quote:
Celebi
252HP 200DEF 58SPD
Thunder Wave
Leech Seed/Recover
Grass Knot/Psychic
Hidden Power Fire/Hidden Power Ice/Earth power

Thunder Wave is great since most pokes in your team lacks of raw speed Grass Knot for countering Swampert or Psychic for countering pesky fighting types like Machamp Hidden Power Fire to deal with Forrtress Scizor Metagross and Skarmory or Hidden Power Ice to deal with Dragonite Flygon Gliscor and Hippo or if you're having problems with Heatran and Metagross Earth power is good too

I wouldnt suggest Umbreon since you have a T-Tar that already has a 4xweakness to it and dont use forretress since Nasty Plot ape will OHKO it along with Metagross looks to me the only threat your facing is Nasty Plot ape a ninjask to batton pass sword dance to scarfgon with and a gliscor to batton pass sword dance and rock polish to a Physical attacker Lucario with Crunch Close Combat Extremespeed and Earthquake holding Life Orb

and ps i didnt quote those pokes i just use quote button to make the post look tidy

Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:57 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Not that this thread wasn't dead for a month or anything...

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:35 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Lol
I do actually already have my team, and it works pretty well. And for my poor friend who did all of that work for no reason, kingdra is my special sweeper :P, but thanks to the lost of you anyways!

Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]