Pikachu or Raichu? 

Pick a Chu
Pikachu with Light Ball 64%  64%  [ 9 ]
Raichu with not Light Ball 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 14

Pikachu or Raichu? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Which is better for battling purposes: Pikachu with a Light Ball or Raichu with a different "boosting" item? I'm not looking for opinion here, really; like whether someone prefers one zappy mouse over the other. Personally, I'd go with Pikachu all the way, but I want to know if Raichu is better for a little bit stronger defenses (I think) or if I'll pack more of a punch with a Light Balled Pikachu *snicker snicker*. It's the Pikachu Colored Pichu (haven't evolved yet) so it has a Jolly nature and I'm thinking a SubPunch moveset. If more specifics are needed I'm happy to oblige, but I just want to know which is technically more powerful. If the difference isn't that great, he'll stay a Pikachu btw.
P.S If you've got suggestions for a good Physical attacking electro-rodent feel free to post 'em.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Btw the Pikachu colored Pichu can't evolve.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

huh. so even if you take away the everstone that the shiny pichu is holding, it still wont evolve? thats evil. i wasnt gonna evolve it anyways though *shrugs* its too cute. :D

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Pichu colored pichu gets endeavor which is a unique move

Assuming max IVs and EVs in each stat (which isn't possible)
Raichu {raichu}w/ 0) nothing 1)muscle band 2)life orb 3)choice band
HP 0) 324
AT 0) 279 1) 307 2) 363 3) 419
DF 209
SD 259
SP 328
physical Moves that Pikachu Doesn't Get
giga impact, thief

Pikachu {pikachu} w/ light ball
HP 274
AT 418 >> Slaking w/o at boosting nature is 419
DF 159
SD 179
SP 306

when using Volt tackle pikachu has an extremely limited life span, on top of low stats

Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

shinashu taji wrote:
Btw the Pikachu colored Pichu can't evolve.

Are you serious? Crap. But I read on lolstop under the Pikachu Colored Pichu event page that the Spikey Eared Pichu will still appear even if you evolve the PC Pichu. That says to me that it is possible to evolve it. If you're 100% sure about that, I'll accept it, but I'm not convinced yet...
Thanks for the advice, /vXv\. There doesn't appear to be much of an attack difference, which is what I was looking for, but Pikachu does look so much more fragile than Raichu. Hm. I'll figure it out. Thanks, though. :)

EDIT: According to this PCP evolves. P.S. I'm not trying to come off with an "I told you so" attitude, so don't think I'm being disrespectful. I just want a shiny Pikachu really badly...or Raichu...

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well I was going off the information before the event, which stated that it couldn't evolve. It was my fault for using outdated information. Still do you even know the IVs of this rodent. If they are in the crap zone it would be best to leave it in the baby stage.

If you want a physical rodent with the Light Ball I guess you could use this.

{pikachu}
@Light Ball
Jolly Nature
Volt Tackle/Thunder Punch (pick T-Punch if recoil from Volt Tackle is unappealing.)
Brick Break
Iron Tail
Fake Out

Or if you want a bigger physical rodent you could use.

{raichu}
@Choice Scarf/Band/Life Orb (scarf if you want a revenge killer)
Volt Tackle/Thunder Punch (pick T-Punch if recoil from Volt Tackle is unappealing.)
Brick Break
Iron Tail
Fake Out

They are the same set, though so pick your poison.

/vXv\ wrote:

Raichu {raichu}w/ 0) nothing 1)muscle band 2)life orb 3)choice band
HP 0) 324
AT 0) 279 1) 307 2) 363 3) 419
DF 209
SD 259
SP 328
physical Moves that Pikachu Doesn't Get
giga impact, thief

Pikachu {pikachu} w/ light ball
HP 274
AT 418 >> Slaking w/o at boosting nature is 419
DF 159
SD 179
SP 306

Also raichu's maximum attack is 456 with Choice Band, and Pikachu's maximum attack is 458 with Light Ball. That is with the assumption that there are max IVs and EVs thrown into there. Also Giga Impact sucks, don't ever use it for real real.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol. it was said that it couldn't evolve cuz its holding an everstone. just take away the everstone and raise the pichus happiness and it will evolve.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:17 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Alright, thanks guys. Yeah, the IVs aren't horrible, but they're also not very good. Oh well. Great speed IV, but Defense blows. Thanks for the movesets, shina. Don't sweat the "outdated info" crap. I thought it wasn't going to evolve until I read that yesterday, too. This thread can be locked or whatever needs to be done. Thanks again, kids. :)

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:41 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Before you do, consider the Battle Revolution Pikachu with Surf. If you teach it Thunder and Rain Dance, then you've got yourself a formidable Special Sweeper that can counter its weakness. I'm evolveing one and useing it in SoulSilver.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't own PBR which depresses me because I've been desperately seeking a Surfing Pikachu for so long. I put up a thing in the Trade Thread, but no one replied. Sad, sad face. Plus it wouldn't know Endevor or Charge like the Event Pichu. Or Volt Tackle, but that doesn't go on a Special Sweeper.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:20 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Really? I could trade you one for a Feebas. I'm so lazy and they're so @%*#ing hard to find...

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Richu is always better. Light ball or no light ball. I question why Ash doesn't evolve Pikachu. But that's another topic, that belongs in a different catagory.

Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]