It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next
 Unofficial PsyPoke Gym League: SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

its not your fault if you didn't have the aility to get a move and isn't the whole point of pokemon to kick the crap out of gym leaders?

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Is it still too late to apply or have you already held the tournament? EJ said there's only five so far, but I was unsure and wanted to ask to be safe.

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@MUNCHLAX :) : No, that's the point in the games. Here, we take things more seriously. The point is to not beat us unless you know what you're doing. Any idiot can mow through the Gym's games with a high enough level Rattata. Can't do that here.

@TheKid: No, it isn't too late for signups. You do, however, have to post your theme, style, and Pokemon so they can be reviewed.

Here's how we're going to handle post-toruney applications in case anyone's wondering. What I'll do is have the applicant battle either our Champion or me and they can determine pass or fail like I did with normal testing. Then, they'll be placed according to my AND the Champion's discretion. But that's within reason; I don't mind a League of more than 8 gyms, but I do mind one of more than like 10 or so. Plus, we'll already have E4, so that will be enough for most challengers. Oh, and I'm not going to replace Gym Leaders unless someone drops out or they have a serious problem with actually beating people. And if we have a drop, everyone moves up one position till it evens out. Is this cool with everyone?

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sound's good to me.

Electric Type Team.
{electivire} @ Expert Belt
{magnezone} @ Salac Berry
{raichu} @ Focus Sash
{lanturn} @ Leftovers
{zapdos}/ {jolteon} @ Choice Specs/ Choice Specs
{gliscor} @ Life Orb

As for style, 6 on 6, Lv. 100.

And of course that isn't the exact order of the team.

Last edited by TheKid on Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ah, perhaps I mislead you when I said "battle style." That just means 6v6, Doubles, Lv. 100 or anything like that. I didn't mean you had to tell us your battle strategy. Sorry for the confusion.

Zapdos is not Uber, so you may use him. Plus, he's way better than Jolteon (even though I love Jolteon). And if I may offer my advice, you may be better off just going with Raichu; Pikachu cannot take a good hit, Raichu's a little faster, and the power trade-off may not be as significant as standing up and fighting back may be. Just a suggestion (again, I prefer Pikachu).

So just fix what I asked and PM me when you're ready for a test battle. :)

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Like that?

And I shall PM you ASAP so we can get started.

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i'm just gonna post this for your advice

flying gym

starapador @ ice wekening berry
gyrados @ electric weakening berry
dragonite @ focus sash/ dragon weakening berry
moltreas @ leftovers / starly @ focus sash
skarmory @ fire weakening berry
cresselia @ quick claw [is this alowed if not please tell me whati should use here] if i don't use moltreas then i'll use leftovers here
i'd like some help anyway

Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:50 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Ice Weakening Berry = Yache
Electric Weakening Berry = Wacan
Dragon Weakening Berry = Haban
Fire Weakening Berry = Occa

Cresselia isn't Uber

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

thanks i can just never remember the names of those berries and i meant the quick claw

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ok, this looks cool, but i didnt see it until today. lol. i remember back in the day when i made a league.. good times. any who. may i do this?

Theme: Level 1 pokemon (bred with special moves) or is that too broad? it eliminates pretty much all evolved pokemon except for those that do so via stone. and it would be a gym that tested not your strength, but your skill.

Kanghaskan @ muscle band
Starmie/ Staryu @ focus sash or wise glasses
Tangela @ wise glasses or miracle seed
Machop @ quick claw
Cubone @ metal coat
Zubat @ wide lens

I know, the items could be better. Any criticism is welcome, although please criticize by PM since this isnt a rate my team thread :T moving on, is this team acceptable? and i wouldn't have a wild card. lol, a wild card in a level one team would be a higher level pokemon, and that would hardly be fair to the challenger.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:33 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think its fair as long as its not little cup, I would suggest finding a thick club for cubone.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

little cup? what do you mean? i think im having a blonde moment XD

EDIT: nvm, found out what little cup battling is. lol.

Last edited by Ryder on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ryder wrote:
ok, this looks cool, but i didnt see it until today. lol. i remember back in the day when i made a league.. good times. any who. may i do this?

Theme: Level 1 pokemon (bred with special moves) or is that too broad? it eliminates pretty much all evolved pokemon except for those that do so via stone. and it would be a gym that tested not your strength, but your skill.

Kanghaskan @ muscle band
Starmie/ Staryu @ focus sash or wise glasses
Tangela @ wise glasses or miracle seed
Machop @ quick claw
Cubone @ metal coat
Zubat @ wide lens

I know, the items could be better. Any criticism is welcome, although please criticize by PM since this isnt a rate my team thread :T moving on, is this team acceptable? and i wouldn't have a wild card. lol, a wild card in a level one team would be a higher level pokemon, and that would hardly be fair to the challenger.

I don't know how you'r be able to pull this off. I think the idea's neat, but I don't think there's a way to set your opponents to Lv. 1 in battle, and if you do free level you'll get beatn by everyone. If you want to make a gym of just baby/NFE Pokemon, I'll acknowledge that, but I don't think even the best battler could pull of Lv. 1's vs. Lv. 90+ (excepting FEAR, but an entire FEAR team would be shut down by Sandstorm.)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i actually meant both teams, mine and the challengers, would have to use level one pokemon.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ryder wrote:

Not only is it extremely broad (I'm not sure I consider it a gym theme), challengers would have to make a entirely new team of lv1 pokemon (breeding for natures & moves) to challenge you.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sion9 wrote:
Ryder wrote:

Not only is it extremely broad (I'm not sure I consider it a gym theme), challengers would have to make a entirely new team of lv1 pokemon (breeding for natures & moves) to challenge you.

Yeah, that definitely would be a mojar inconvenience for all involved in the challenege. And you can't skip/substitute Gyms, so they'd have to face you eventually. Plus, Lv. 1 can be any Pokemon in the game that isn't Legendary/evolves through level up. It's just too broad. Now, like I mentioned earlier, if you wanted to do Baby Pokemon only I could accept that since there's just like Elekid, Magby, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Pichu, Togepi, Riolu, Munchlax, Wynaut (Uber), Bonsly, Mime Jr., and maybe some others I can't remember. Just come up with something else and resubmit; you've got time till we have our tournament since I've yet to set a date that's convenient.

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i actualy have that flying team ready if i can still enter

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

okay to the veto on my previous idea. what about a desert team? i have to ask before i make it, i dont want to spend all of this time making it then cant use it :/

Theme: desert

Metagross @ leftovers probably

Tyranitar @ life orb or muscle band. prob muscle band.

Flygon @ haban berry or yache berry.

Garchomp @ brightpowder (does this violate the evasion clause? idk.) if this is a no, then instead
-Salamence @ haban berry or dragon fang (wild card, i suppose)

Swampert @ nevermeltice

Rhydon @ ??? (havent decide yet) or
-Skarmory @ ???

would this team be okay or am i being to disorganized and vague? im sorry if i am.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@MUNCHLAX :) - If you want in, just PM me when you're ready for a test battle and I'll see what you're made of.

@Ryder - Hate to crush your hopes again, but we already have a Sandstorm Gym Leader: /vXv\. Those are just too similar. He's already tested and checks out, so I have to give him precedence. Plus, Garchomp's Uber (another conflict /vXv\ actually had). So, keep coming up with ideas; we'd be happy to have you.

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hmm. okay. i probably should have went back and read the previous posts.... ok. how about:

Theme: Ocean

Lanturn @ magnet

Swampert @ muscle band

Mantine @ quick claw

Walrein @ nevermeltice or Dewgong @ nevermeltice

Ludicolo @ leftovers

*wild card* alakazam @ wise glasses or life orb

hope this team works. :D and ill decide between walrein and dewgong if this team gets approved, lol. and of course, if someone suggests better items, ill ask permission to change some of the hold items.

i actually went back and read through all of the other posts, discovering someone already is planning a water gym :/

ok. sigh. lets try this again. XD

Theme: Psychic pokemon

Alakazam @ life orb or wise glasses

Gallade @ muscle band

Metagross @ leftovers

Slowbro @ the berry that weakens electric attacks. i forgot the name. XD

Starmie @ ??? cant think of anything good. any suggestions?

Wild card: Tyranitar @ ??? once again foiled by not knowing what item to give him :(
or lucario @ usually with wise glasses, but can be swapped out if alakazam has them.

anywho, thats my team. will this work?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

got to borrow a ds for trading from soulsilver to platnium will pm you soon

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ryder wrote:

Slowbro @ the berry that weakens electric attacks. i forgot the name. XD

Starmie @ ??? cant think of anything good. any suggestions?

or lucario

First the berry you need on Slowbro is called the Wacan Berry. Second on Starmie you could use Choice Scarf/Specs, Expert Belt, or Life Orb. Thirdly I would suggest Lucario as he resists your Ghost, Dark, and Bug weakness. Lastly an item for Lucario could be Choice Band, Life Orb, or Salac Berry (use the berry if you plan to use Endure Reversal Combo.)

Also Emin just a suggestion you should pull up all the Gym themes that have been posted into the first page of this thread, so that way its all in one place that can easily be accessed. If you need help going through the posts to make a list I would be glad to help.

Also do you have any inkling when the placement tourney is going to be?

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:32 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I haven't gotten approval for the psychic team yet, but just in case, so i dont fall too far behind, i've already obtained the unevolved forms with correct natures, IV's, etc. starting the EV training now, and im gettinh the power item to help train special attack, today, as well, so that'll help cut the time, too. and thanks, Shina, for the suggestions. I'll probably give starmie the life orb and lucario the choice band. I can always recover starmie's health back up, given the opportunity. I guess ill see if starmie can take hits well enough to be able to do that.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@Ryder: I approve this Gym Theme. Sorry, I've been busy in real life and it's not always convenient to check up on everything. I was only gone one day after all. Keep yo pants on, and get to training. Also, I agree with Shins; use Lucario.

@Shina: I'm not certain what you mean. Just go through and post here all the gyms and their themes? I have that on page 4 already. If I could edit R_R's original post to include everyone, things would be so much easier. One of the mods would have to do that, but I doubt they would because they can easily argue that everyone concerned should just "read the other pages." In any case, I'm going to go back and find the original list, edit it a bit and post it in a second here.

I also have not set up a date or time for our placement tourney. I have a lot, and I mean a lot, of crap happening in my personal life right now. Don't worry, I'll keep everything in order, I just need a moment to catch my breath without anyone diving down my throat. When it gets to be time for the tourney, I'll be making a seperate thread for that as well in case you miss the post here. I'll probably PM everyone when I decide on a date, as well.

EDIT: Here's the list.
KOL40 - "Shadow"
Shina Taji - Fire
Cactuar - Johto Pokemon
Psychic_Espeon_16 - Water
/vXv\ - Sandstorm
Emin Jofit - The Color Blue
Lv. 100 Sceptile - Grass
Weavile Lord - Dark
Mektar - Good and Evil
MUNCHLAX :) - Flying
Ryder - Psychic
TheKid - Electric

I'm sorry if I missed anybody. If I did, politely post that you've been left out and I will rectify it. These people have posted/informed me that they are willing to participate still. Some have test battled and some have not. If you haven't do so before our placement tournament or you're out. And if you've contacted me for battle and I haven't followed through, don't harrass me here. I do have a life and I do not appreciate anyone being impatient with me.

Last edited by Emin Jofit on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I thought I was going to take Electric? Where did PikachuMaster come from?

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 22  Next