It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
 Unofficial PsyPoke Gym League: SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I updated the Badges AGAIN, and this is my 200TH POST!!!!!1!!1!1

ROW 1 = COMPLETED
1. Mektar's StartBadge
2. Shinashu Taji's PassionBadge
3. /vXv\\'s Hab-oobBadge
4. Emin Jofit's BlueBadge
5. TheKid's ZapBadge
6. MasterChef's HeavyBadge
7. Psychic_Espeon_16's TideBadge
8. Ryder's CognitionBadge
9. elementotrl's QuazarBadge

ROW 2 = NEEDS LEADER APROVAL
1. Kol40's StealthBadge
2. Cactuar's JohtoBadge
3. Weavile Lord's CrestBadge
4. Munchlax:)'s TalonBadge
5. Emporer of Ice's FrostBadge

Let me know if you two don't like the name of your badge, and I'll change it.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Last edited by Mektar on Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

elementotrl wrote:
yes, i approve the badge (raquaza= best legendary ever+ has highest total base stats of any pokemon :) )

What about Arceus? It's 40 points higher.

Also Mektar, could I change the name to HeavyBadge?

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:56 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Done.

Also, I changed my TC to show my leader team; which was determined to be better than my old team after some more playtesting with my friend.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Quick question, Mektar. Are you planning on training all 12 starters, or just sticking with those in your TC? Either way is fine, I just need to know who's doing what around here.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:49 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Well, I do have a Charizard from FireRed. However, the omnipresent Stealth Rock basicly renders it useless.

Mektar out.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Indeed. Just asking. I'll take that as a "no."

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Chef has test battled. He won...very won. I didn't even put up a fight. I think that leaves like 3 or 4 people who still need to test me. Also, Mektar, Emperor of Ice doesn't have a badge yet if you wouldn't mind producing one. He has an Ice-theme Gym. Make him a pretty snowflake or something.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:47 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Oops. I made his badge. It's a Delibird in a Snow Globe!

Mektar out.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So final draft of my gym:

Heavyweight gym

Pokes of this gym are:
Over 450lbs OR actively have the ability Thick Fat
No more than 2 special attacks on the team (challengers will not see this rule)

Lv100 single
Standard rules

Gym leader team
Gyarados
Snorlax
Hariyama
Grumpig
Metagross
Torterra

One member of the team may be switched out for a "wild card"

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:15 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ah, Mektar, I like that much more than my idea! I just proposed that for the sake of helping you out. Emperor of Ice just needs to approve it. I think it's silly.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lol, i was thinking a snow capped mountain or something I think that idea is better. could i possibly get the background of the globe a dark greyish blue?

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:57 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The snowglobe idea was good, but I didn't know what to put inside it :/ . It looks much better with a blue background and a snowy mountian in it.

Mektar out.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That looks awesome, tho could the mountain be a little more on the gray side, still brown but grayish. The brown is a little on the warm side so its a little bit more contrasting than complimentary

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ok, so shoot me for thinking this would never get off the ground and running. You guys seem to be doing a stellar job. Since I can't be bothered to read 17 pages worth of posts, would anyone mind telling me what stuff needs to be done before you guys can get this thing in full swing? I intend to make a new topic (complete with a sticky ;o) for challenges, updates, and that sort of thing, once everything is set to begin.

Also, I call being the first challenger ;o

Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:38 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

@ Emporer of Ice: There. I had used Snover's color scheme for the badge (sky is Loudred), but I changed the brown to Geodude's. It looks perfect now.

@ Evilpenguin: I'm makeing the Badges for each gym, and I am also a Leader. Emin Jofit is basicly running to operation since Registeel_Rocks dissapeared mysteriously :/

Mektar out.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The badge looks absolutely astounding, thanks for putting up with someone as fussy as me :)

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

EvilPenguin wrote:
Ok, so shoot me for thinking this would never get off the ground and running.

I'm totally calling dibs on having the honor of shooting EP. Just kidding.

Mektar could you change the cloud to a silhouette of a Zapdos, in an intimidating stance? Just keep the lightening bolt in front.

Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader.

PM me for a casual battle or for the Gym Badge once the League is up.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:15 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

ROW 1 = COMPLETED
1. Mektar's StartBadge
2. Shinashu Taji's PassionBadge
3. /vXv\\'s Hab-oobBadge
4. Emin Jofit's BlueBadge
5. TheKid's ZapBadge
6. MasterChef's HeavyBadge
7. Psychic_Espeon_16's TideBadge
8. Ryder's CognitionBadge
9. elementotrl's QuazarBadge
10. Emporer of Ice's FrostBadge

ROW 2 = NEEDS LEADER APROVAL
1. Kol40's StealthBadge
2. Cactuar's JohtoBadge
3. Weavile Lord's CrestBadge
4. Munchlax:)'s TalonBadge

Once we get two of the above four people to return, we'll have enough leaders for all 8 Gyms and the Elite Four!

Let me know if you two don't like the name of your badge, and I'll change it.

Mektar out.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

How exactly are the leaders guna be split up from the E4? an internal tournament seems most likely

Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Just so you all know I'm leaving for about 2 weeks, then I'll be back.
EP i really think we need a sub forum for the league.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, EP, I've pretty much got things under control for now. My only problem is getting two last leaders at the very least as well as having a tournament to determine the order in which Gym Leaders are faced by challengers. Hey, if you'd like to apply, we still have at least 2 spots left. We may end up with more over the course of the operation, but for now 8 Leaders and E4 should be managable.

Also, guys, I PMed Krisp about making us a subforum because I wasn't really sure who to contact, but I never recieved a reply. Looks like we'll just operate out of the Battle Tower for the time being. We've gone this far, we can certainly handle that.

For now, though, you don't have to help us with much EvilPenguin. We got this. Oh, you could help me out by editing Mektar's badges into Registeel_Rocks' original post. That'd be great. :)

Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:39 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

If you guys want a subforum, you're going to have to put forward a very convincing argument. I've requested a sub-forum for Team Rating on multiple occasions and each time it's been denied, so don't get your hopes up. At least I can set your stuff as announcements/stickies when you need me to.

Also I was planning to challenge each of you and become the champion (;o), so I didn't really want to put forth a gym team (plus I don't really have a theme that I could make unless I did monotype, which is lame imo, or if I can do my metronome team ;p). Unless I can have both a challenge and a gym, in which case I could put something together by the end of the week maybe.

Once you guys get eleven people approved (teams, badges, etc.), I'll start editing the stuff in. I say eleven because if you hit a stretch where you can't get the twelfth person, I would be willing to fill in on a temporary basis.

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Here's how we were going to do things, EvilPenguin: once every Gym Leader has test battled with me to prove some form of battling ability as well as a feasible Gym team, we will be having a tournament of all the Leaders to determine in which order challengers will be faced. The top 5 will become E4 and the Champion while the others will officially become Gym Leaders and will challengers will work through the league in the order in which we lost/got out in the tourney. If you want to be Champion, you can make up a team and just hope to beat everyone in the league there (or at least the people you're paired against).

By the way, for those of you who may be shaking a little for this tournament, I will be making brackets completely randomly. So no one flip out on me if you get paired with someone really strong first round because it's random. Remember, guys, that's coming up in a couple of weeks here, so bring your A-game.

Also, those four who haven't been around for a while are more than likely not going to be participating. I haven't heard from them in months, so they're fired unless they PM me today asking for a battle. I can't battle today, just stating that they should inform me they're still in. If you guys know someone here who's a good battler and can train a creative team real fast (I don't exactly want to see another monotype; those bore me) tell them about this. We could really use a few more participants. I'm advertising in my sig and I've got a few others doing just that, but I would appreciate if someone could go out and find people who want to join. And they need to be reliable; not someone you battled one time.

You guys have been doing an excellent job lately and I apolopgize to those of you who've been sitting around for the past months waiting on me. It's coming down to the wire now and we're almost ready to open up for challengers. :)

Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:11 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

For those of you reading this who want to be a leader but can't think of a theme, you could always go by Pokemon in a certain Egg Group. As an example, the Monster Group has many Pokemon of various types such as Tyranitar, Charizard, Abomasnow, and Snorlax.

Mektar out.

Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Just curious when is the tournament going to be? I only ask out of curiosity. Also I'm probably not going to be on everyday as there is no solid WiFi at my dad's house and I don't want to keep coming to the coffee shop to use theirs. I always buy coffee when I go and it gets expensive.

Also how are we going to handle the battles with gym leaders who are using a team made for doubles against those made for singles? I am flexible about this and can make a singles mono fire team to go against those as I have a plethora of fire Pokemon. Still I don't see this as a huge issue but it will come up as a team made for doubles isn't going to function quite as well in a singles match ya know?

Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next