It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Unofficial PsyPoke Gym League: SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thanks, Chef. hat's no very good for me because I would have liked to use 4 leftovers, but oh well XD.
EDIT: I would like to swap out Shaymin for Jirachi, if I may. I will also have to edit my items.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The beginning of July works for me because that is when the stuff that I have planned to do is over.

@Chef I would assume that we could switch out our wild cards during the tournament, since we are able to do so in between our Gym battles.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Shina's right; you guys can switch out your wild cards or even your entire teams-midtourney as long as at least 5 of your Pokemon fit you Gym theme. And to answer any questions the tournament will follow all rules outlined in the original post (I believe). Basically, no Ubers, Item Clause, Evasion Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, and maybe something else I missed. Oh well, it's late.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Most likely what you "missed" was OHKO clause. Also, how is the whole sub-forum thing coming along? It would be quite nice if the league had one.

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:39 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ah, yes I did miss OHKO. Thanks, Cactuar. As per the sub-forum, nothing has happened yet.

Psychic_Espeon_16 has suggested a group of us leaders decide on a day to invade the Psypoke Chatrroms and ask Frost and Krips in real-time as opposed to PM. I feel that's a great idea, but I've never been in the chats, so I'm going to go in a few times and see what it's all about. Please help me out by commenting if you can help us out one day (which has not yet been established, so don't ask me).

Unrelated note, I'm still waiting to battle Emperor of Ice and Cactuar. EoI is waiting on me and Cactuar and I have set up a date, so if someone would be so kind as to backtrack and figure out how many leaders that is for me, I'd be appreciative. I think it's 10 or so. I'm just kinda in a sleepy, lazy mood and don't want to do it right now.

You're doing great, guys. 5 days till signups are closed and then I'll create a thread for our tourney (me create, not one of you who gets too eager, ya hear?) Just hang in there.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emin Jofit wrote:

Psychic_Espeon_16 has suggested a group of us leaders decide on a day to invade the Psypoke Chatrroms and ask Frost and Krips in real-time as opposed to PM.

Something tells me if we spam them it'll just backfire. Maybe we can ask EP to make a thread in the Announcements (like the what age are you? thread) about the Gym League and a poll asking members to support a new sub-forum and active participation in challenging the gyms, which may give a more favorable reply.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Emin Jofit wrote:
Shina's right; you guys can switch out your wild cards or even your entire teams-midtourney as long as at least 5 of your Pokemon fit you Gym theme. And to answer any questions the tournament will follow all rules outlined in the original post (I believe). Basically, no Ubers, Item Clause, Evasion Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause, and maybe something else I missed. Oh well, it's late.

I would like to point out that it was never mentioned that evasion, sleep, and OHKO clauses were not mentioned in the original post laying out the rules gym leaders must follow

Registeel_Rocks wrote:

Team restrictions:
-Species Clause
-Item Clause
-Absolutely no Ubers allowed on your team.Oh wait, lol, Garchump Garchomp IS on Ubers! Silly me.
-Five Pokemon of theme type must be present during all battles

I only bring this up because my team or a part of my team exploits evasion

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emporer of Ice wrote:
I would like to point out that it was never mentioned that evasion, sleep, and OHKO clauses were not mentioned in the original post laying out the rules gym leaders must follow

Those are standard competitive rules.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emporer of Ice wrote:

I only bring this up because my team or a part of my team exploits evasion

Snow cloak is allowed despite evasion clause, but DT and brightpowder aren't

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yeah, i'll have to tweak my froslass a little :P better i found out now rather than later

Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, "invading" the chat will just get you a temporary ban. LOL. Kindly asking them seems like a better idea.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I didn't mean to spam the chats, I meant just all meet and discuss. Not barge in and post several hundred times "Suhb-Forumz!??!1/!?/?!??1/?!" I meant like pick a day we all go in for group discussion of the topic and see where it goes. If that's not how things go, someone tell me now. I was using the term "invade" sarcastically which of course doesn't come off us such since it's text. Damn interwebz. Thanks for pointing the rules not mentioned in the OP out for me, EoI. I'll get EP to edit that when he pokes his head in sometime again.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

MasterChef wrote:
Emin Jofit wrote:

Psychic_Espeon_16 has suggested a group of us leaders decide on a day to invade the Psypoke Chatrroms and ask Frost and Krips in real-time as opposed to PM.

Something tells me if we spam them it'll just backfire. Maybe we can ask EP to make a thread in the Announcements (like the what age are you? thread) about the Gym League and a poll asking members to support a new sub-forum and active participation in challenging the gyms, which may give a more favorable reply.

Cactuar wrote:
Yes, "invading" the chat will just get you a temporary ban. LOL. Kindly asking them seems like a better idea.

Emin Jofit and I just meant we meet in there and ask if we can have a subforum for this. I didn't mean we spam them or go in there until they give us one. I meant to ask and try to persuade them. It would be easier instead of us sending them like more than 10 PMs asking for a subforum, because that would annoy them. At least in the chat we are, like Emin Jofit said, in real time, and we are able to get this solved faster.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:14 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

srry if i haven't been on in awhile, working on getting tem ready, have one pokemon I just need to teach moves too, others just EV train...

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My bad :p internet isn't sarcasm friendly. Still if we can get a forum-wide thread up to give us support it may help sway the sub-forum in our favor.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I agree with Chef. Too bad R_R doesn't have access to a computer (I think?) or the sub-forum thing would move along a lot quicker/smoother.

Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes! Wi-fi here is fixed, so I'll be able to participate in the placement tourney. ^^

Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

heh, just a side note, do we want to try to sprea this too other forums as well? that would givve us a much bigger base too get his done.

FC:
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

elementotrl wrote:
heh, just a side note, do we want to try to sprea this too other forums as well? that would givve us a much bigger base too get his done.

We should advertise on other forums for challengers at least.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

R_R doesn't have access to a computer, but he may in due time. In other news I got solid WiFi at my house now so no more coffee shop goings and spending a boatload of money.

The subforum is most likely not going to happen, unless as we do as EP said put forth a very convincing argument as to why we need it.

Emin when will the brackets for the tournament be out and known to the public.

Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Could we at least make a seperate thread where we post our gym info, and then have the mods lock it? That way you dont have to search through 28 + pages of posts to find gym info....

On a side note, might be able to throw a very bad team into the tourney, and even then I can only battle if the other person has Platinum over past so we can flat battle lvl 100...

FC:
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

elementotrl, you should be using your Gym Team for the tourney. Not throwing together some other team. You can battle at Lv. 100 for all of the Gen. IV games, by the way. Otherwise this would be a lot more difficult.

I'ma PM EP and see if he'll do the sub-forum poll topic thing we want.

Shina, the brackets will be up after I've closed out the last few test battles and I'm ready to make the tournament thread.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It is techinacally a gym team, just a very bad one (follows all the gym rules, but they aren't actually built to be a team, moslty just pokemon I have lying around that fit my gym theme, such as a flygon thats off nature and, not ev trained) ... I'll work on getting a competitive up

FC:
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:33 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm going away for a while so i won't have access to Wi-Fi. But I will have access to a computer. Hopefully I'll be back in time for the tournament, but I'm not entirely sure. But I can still post and read what you guys are doing.

Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Emin Jofit wrote:
elementotrl, you should be using your Gym Team for the tourney. Not throwing together some other team. You can battle at Lv. 100 for all of the Gen. IV games, by the way. Otherwise this would be a lot more difficult.

I'ma PM EP and see if he'll do the sub-forum poll topic thing we want.

Shina, the brackets will be up after I've closed out the last few test battles and I'm ready to make the tournament thread.

So, should I expect them to be up after our battle on Wednesday? Or am I not the last one?

Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next