It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Unofficial PsyPoke Gym League: SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Is the tournament gonna be in this kind of format?

Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:04 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Um...I'm not planning on drawing up a chart like that or anything. I'l just post something like this:

Round 1:
Ryder vs. Emin

Chef vs. Emperor

Shina vs. Mektar

And we'll go from there. I'll use full usernames as well so there's no confusion. Those aren't actual first round matchups, so don't go contacting each other for battle.

Also, Cactuar, no you aren't the last one to battle because I still need to get an Eevee to EoI so he can finish his team. I keep forgetting to PM him, though.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@Ryder

Your chart has confused me to no end, in fact it confuses me almost as much as Spanish does and that is quite a feat

Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yeah, expect my team.... (who knows, if I get lucky, I might have at least half my team set up, alot of it is just heart scaling/tutorinng moves and ev training)

When is the tournatment?

FC:
5414 2352 1981 (Soul Silver)
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:16 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

elementotrl wrote:
yeah, expect my team.... (who knows, if I get lucky, I might have at least half my team set up, alot of it is just heart scaling/tutorinng moves and ev training)

When is the tournatment?

Emin Jofit wrote:
The tournament will be in the first week of July. After the 1st, I'm closing off all signups and people who haven't battled me are no longer in the running for leadership.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So is it up to us to set up the battle times? Originally I thought it was suppose to be on the first, I has just been asking for times.

FC:
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

elementotrl, if I'm not mistaken, you still need to test battle me before you even consider the tournament. If you haven't battled by the time I post brackets, well, you won't be put in one.

{unown e} {unown m} {unown i} {unown n} {unown j} {unown o} {unown f} {unown i} {unown t}

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So July 1st is the guaranteed deadline for battles, and those who have not battled will be dropped from entering the tourney?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Just Northeast of the Almia region, at the top of the highest mounain.
BTW, I'll be first gym. My Pokemon aren't EV trained or nature trained or anything, and even at Lv 100, they still kinda suck.

Here is my OFFICIAL team:

Theme: Second Stage Pokemon.

Sceptile@Dragon Fang
Leaf Blade
Giga Drain
X-Scissor
Dragon Pulse

(wildcard) Scizor@Occa Berry
X-Scissor
Mimic
Night Slash
Iron Head

Gallade@Focus Band
Psycho Cut
Brick Break OR Close Combat
Poison Jab
Leaf Blade

Flygon@Brightpowder
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fly
Sandstorm

Metagross@Wide Lens
Meteor Mash
Psychic
Flash Cannon
Explosion?

Aggron@Metal Coat
Double-Edge
Iron Head
Iron Tail
Surf

I really hope I'm not too late...

Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yes Cactuar July 1st is the final deadline. Which means if you haven't test battled by then your SOL.

Last edited by shinashu taji on Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Emin Jofit wrote:
2 problems I see, Lv. 100 Sceptile:

1) Your theme is basically the same as "Diversity" you can use any Pokemon granted it has a thrid stage evolution. Whereas that is much more narrow than "Diversity" it's still much too broad a theme.
2) You don't need to post up entire movesets, and in fact you shouldn't. That lets everyone know what your strategy is and you can be easily countered/walled by the right person.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I'm going to ask you to come up with a new theme. I can offer some suggections for you to train if you want to be the Grass Gym Leader as per your original inquiry.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Except for me as i have a recognized reason by Emin, any progress on that BTW?

Lv 100 Sceptile wrote:

Flygon@Brightpowder
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fly
Sandstorm

also bright powder is apparently a banned item due to the Evasion clause

Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ooh... well I'll try a quick battle with my team once I get it ev trained, if I lose, I need to go back and get the right natures for my pokemon (in other words, I will try to make the tournament, but its doubtful I will...)

FC:
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Here's a better Idea Lv100: Hoenn Pokemon. Cactuar got his Johto team approved, yours would be fine too. All you need to do is replace either Scizor or Gallade with a Hoenn Pokemon and use the other as your wildcard.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hoenn vs. Johto! It's goin down! It's goin down! JK. However, if he really did that, I'd have to show him the awesomeness of older generations :D
@ taji I'm up to test against emin on Wednesday, so I'm fine. Also, are we going to have a league "champion"?

Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Go cactaur!!! :P I've always preferred Jhoto

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Just Northeast of the Almia region, at the top of the highest mounain.
Screw it. I don't have enough time on my hands to constantly check Psypoke. I can't be a Gym Leader, but I will go Hoenn on Johto with Cactuar. PM me your FC.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lv 100 Sceptile wrote:
Screw it. I don't have enough time on my hands to constantly check Psypoke. I can't be a Gym Leader, but I will go Hoenn on Johto with Cactuar. PM me your FC.

You won't have to constantly check Psypoke as a gym leader...all you have to do is set up battle times.

BTW weather themes work great, and you don't need to level up to 100.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

For those of you who have contacted me for test battles which may not be completed by the 1st, don't be freakin' out. The 1st closes off signups for new people, so no one can apply in this thread any longer. I've been draggin my feet a little with battling you guys and I admit my fault. Be that as it may, I'll get those done within the next week, and immediately after elementotrl, Cactuar, and Emperor of Ice have finished their battles I will make up some brackets for la tourney.

Now, I've talked to EvilPenguin about making a poll type topic for our sub-forum poroject and he does not think that's a very wise idea. I didn't think so either, but who am I to go against your guys' opinions? Therefore, we need to try to organize a day where a few of us go into the chats and just ask Krisp about the possibility of this. If you want to help me with that, just calmly let me know so I can get a couple followers. He also told me not to bug Frost, so drop that.

Can't think of anything else I need to say right now. So, yeah, test battle me and we'll take it from there.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'll help with the chats.

Oh and I'll be back by this Saturday, so hopefully in time for the tournement.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can get on the chats most evenings so let me know date/time.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

eh, to save time, I'll just put out a team as soon as I get something decent done, I'll refine it through/after the tournament... (

FC:
4642 7245 1078 (White 2)

Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I don't have a lot of free time some evenings due to me going out on the town with my friends all night. Still I can be one whenever you need me for the chat.

Still I don't think a sub-forum is going to happen, organizationally a sub forum would help us a lot, still I don't see why we couldn't make separate threads for ourselves or even three separate threads. One would be a listing of the Gym Leaders which would be in order of the tournament standings, the victor being number one and so on, there would be a list following each Gym Leader; their theme, their team, their prizes, their badge, and how to contact the Gym Leader. The second thread could be the challengers/victors thread where the challengers would post to take on the Gym Leader of their choice, if directed so by the Gym Leader, and of course where they can post when they beat a Gym Leader but of course they would under no circumstances would they reveal movesets or general strategies to the public, but of course we couldn't do a thing about PMs. The third thread would be for the Elite Four with all the makings of the Gym Leader thread. After someone has beaten the all the gyms and the Elite Four, if we don't have a delegated champion after the tournament, they become the champion, or dethrone the current champion, and we can start a sort of Hall of Fame thread where those who have conquered all post and gloat about everything.

Of course this is just my honest opinion and thought on how to best handle things in the event that we don't a sub-forum. You guys are welcome to comment on this and put in your own two cents in.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:23 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Sounds perfect, Shinashu ;)

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

MasterChef wrote:
I can get on the chats most evenings so let me know date/time.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 528 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next