It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next
 Gen IV Rating Center 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok take a stab at my team- Im not sure of my items, so if you could help it would be dandy

{girafarig}/Baton Passer-and Scouter/Early Bird
Calm
230hp-142df-138sd
Baton Pass
Agility
Future Sight
Crunch

Girafarig is my baton passer and it also gives me the nice little future sight switch as well. I typically use him as my baton passer because he can stay and fight if need be, unlike my ninjask. I'm considering leftovers, but i'm not totally sure.

{salamence}/Mixed Attacker/Intimidate
Quiet
250At-250Sa-10Def
Hydro Pump
Dragon Claw
Focus Energy
Aerial Ace

Salamance is my all-around attacker. With his high evs in attack and special attack, and his ability to use focus energy, i use him to blow through foes. I was thinking scope lens but still, not sure.

{breloom}/Sub-er, and sleep inducer/Effect Spore
Naive
200Spd-170Sa-140at
Substitute
Seed Bomb
Spore
Focus Punch

Breeloom will often start its turn off with a good dose of spore, followed by a free sub. It then uses its sub to fully use focus punch. It also seed bombs if need be.

{lanturn}/Special Sweep/Tank/Volt Absorb
Quiet-Chesto Berry
252Sa-240def-18sd
Rain Dance
Thunder
Ice Beam
Rest

Lanturn's first purpose is to pound away with powerfull special attacks, so I was forced to use quiet nature to not lower either defence or special defence, but i had to sacrifice speed. Lanturn will rest and wake[with chesto berry] and gives it that tank feel when used.

{skarmory}/Spiker-shuffler/Keen Eye
Carefull
252hp-129def-129sd
Spikes
Toxic
Steel Wing
Whirlwind(which is very obnoxious to get)

Skarmory is that annoying little bugger that always ruins you day. It'l get you with toxic and spikes while whisking you away. There isn't much else to explain here

{vigoroth}/Semi-Tank/Physical Sweeper/ Vital Spirit
Adamant
190atk-190def-130hp
Reversal
Aerial Ace
Rest
Endure

I don't know how well this guy will do, since i havn't used him yet but he seems promicing. With his ability, he won't fall asleep when he rests, and he can endure to make sure he won't faint. He can also pound with fighting and flying type moves.

I hope you will rate my team well, so i can start fighting seriously, but please be cruel to every detail and help in any way you can. Thanks

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

does everyone just assume all the pokemon posted are lvl 100 or is that not important when posting?

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:18 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Chamerlengo wrote:
does everyone just assume all the pokemon posted are lvl 100 or is that not important when posting?

Yes, or at least assuming it's level is matched with it's opponents. Which lv100 is the best and easily calculated level for.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Here's my team so far on Platinum. Most of the team is suseptible to Ground-Type moves and they still need to level-up and whatnot. I also plan on replacing Staraptor. My teams' mostly Defensive and doesn't fit into a tier.... Here it is.

{lopunny} /Hell-Raiser/ @ Big Root
Rash
Klutz
Jump Kick
Charm
Cut
Drain Punch

Lopunny's my hard-to-kill Pokemon. With the Big Root, it ets more HP from Drain Punch. I plan on teaching it more diverse moves, and by
being a normal type it only has one super-effective type, but not too many resistances. I'll also take off Cut once I've explored everywhere I
need to. Lopunny's a sucker with pokemon with high Defense and high Special Attack. Also a Pookemon that relies on Special moves won't be
affected by Charm. However, with physical-based Pokemon, charm will slow its offense down and attacks will be mostly negated by Drain Punch.

{giratina} /Your-Everyday-Uber-Legendary/ @ Griseous Orb
Quirky
Levitate
Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Dragon Claw
Shadow Force

All offensive with a good mix of move-types. I plan on changing Earth Power to Earthquake once I get the TM for it. I also might plan on
making a team without a Legendary. I'll take any suggestions for replacing Gira as well. I'm thinking Scyther.

{luxray} /Offensive-Crippler/ @ Zap Plate
Rash
Rivalry
Crunch
Rain Dance
Thunder Fang
Thunder

Luxray is one of my favorite Pokemon on the team. Its Speed and ability to make foes flich AND be paralyzed will make it an
annoying one to fight. Crunch is a good variety move and it also lowers the opponent's defense, which will help with Thunder Fang.
Rain Dance is used to make Thunder hit with 100% accuracy for my Luxray, and is also useful in double battles when teamed with Empoleon.

{staraptor} /YOU-SUCK-STARAPTOR/ @ Persim Berry (thinking about changing to Rhyperior)
Modest (Mussorgsky LOL)
Intimidate
Double Team
Aerial Ace
Close Combat
Fly

I'm replacing this one. It sucks. :D

{empoleon} /Hard-Hitter/ @ Mystic Water
Impish
Torrent
Drill Peck
Surf
Hydro Pump
Grass Knot

Empoleon is my other offensive Pokemon. Its moves will afect most Pokemon very well and Grass Knot will help me with the ubers
and Water pokemans. Hydro Pump also hits hard for it.

{houndoom} /Fire-Luxray/ @ Spell Tag
Relaxed
Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Shadow Claw
Faint Attack
Fire Blast

Houndoom is my alternate to Luxray and will also make your Pokemon flinch and burn them sometimes. But as
an added bonus, it has Ghost and Dark type moves that will both be effective because of the Spell Tag. Flash Fire
is also somewhat useful. Kind of.

So.. Feedback? Suggestions? I know you've got some. :D

NOTE: My apologies for not reading the rules and format. ^_^ Just looked at the above post and used their format, I blame them. Anyway, I'll edit the format then go post some more other places (SPAM TIEM jaykay) and be back. Thanks for not being mean about it though! My compliments to the chef!

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Last edited by LeoTheLion on Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Leo apparently you didn't read the ruels

1. You may only post a team here if:
:arrow: You have been registered at these forums for at least two (2) weeks
:arrow: You have a post count that exceeds twenty-five (25)
:arrow: You do not have any of the Shame Ranks (Probation, Illiterate, Fails at life, etc)

3. The format for posting a team is as follows:

Your team should look like this wrote:
A short introduction of the team. This includes mentioning:
:arrow: what kind of battling environment the team will be used in (WiFi, Shoddy Battle, PBR, Battle Tower, etc) so that the raters know what limits you have, like accessibility to FRLG/Emerald/Platinum move tutors, Hidden Power types, and the works. If the team is for Shoddy or some other pokemon simulator, you do not have to mention these things; otherwise tell what other games you have access to and how willing you are to breed for Hidden Power, etc. Only post teams that are meant to be competitive - if you cant defeat Cynthia for whatever reason, train your in-game team more.
:arrow: What tier you wish to use this team in - Overused, Underused, Ubers, or no tier at all. Tiers are according to the Psypoke Tier List found here
:arrow: How well this team has performed for you in the past - we don't want to rate a team that hasn't been used before - try it out and see what problems you run into, if any. Heck, if the team does well enough for you that it doesn't need to be rated, that's fine by us. Be sure to mention any specific pokemon you have problems with, the more detail the better.

Pokemon {pokemon} (please do not mention nicknames, its really kinda annoying) @ Item
Nature - EV Spread
Ability
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

A short description of the pokemon - I would suggest aiming for about 5 sentences, but anything from about 3-10 is fine (1-2 sentence descriptions are unacceptable). Here, describe the purpose of the pokemon - why did you choose this specific pokemon, with this specific moveset, over the other 492 pokemon there are? Mention what the Pokemon's role in your team is - for instance, is your pokemon a Lead, designed to set up entry hazards like Stealth Rock or Spikes? Is it an Attacker, intended to hit the opponent hard with attacks to weaken them? Is it a Baton Passer, giving the key stat boosts to another pokemon on your team that it needs in order to sweep the foe? Is it a Tank, or a Supporter, or a Spinner, or any of the other various roles a pokemon can have? Mention if your pokemon is intended to counter any specific pokemon (for instance, say how Magnezone is your number one Skarmory counter), or if there are any specific pokemon that counter yours (like how your Skarmory's number one fear is Magnezone).

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:26 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Carefull
252hp-129def-129sd
Spikes
Stealth rock
Steel Wing / Toxic

Skarmory is that annoying little bugger that always ruins you day. It'l get you with toxic and spikes while whisking you away. There isn't much else to explain here
stealth rock is better than toxic but toxic is still good to have, Toxic is no good when ever steel wings weak so its an even trade off

Adamant
190atk-190def-130hp
Reversal
Aerial Ace
Rest
Endure

I don't know how well this guy will do, since i havn't used him yet but he seems promicing. With his ability, he won't fall asleep when he rests, and he can endure to make sure he won't faint. He can also pound with fighting and flying type moves.

I'm pretty sure it won't fall asleep at all and it wont heal.
I suggest
{kangaskhan}/Semi-Tank/Physical Sweeper/ Earlybird
Adamant
190atk-190def-130hp
Reversal
Aerial Ace
Rest
Endure

With superior stats its much better and Early bird will only make it sleep one turn.

Fri May 08, 2009 5:42 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh hey, I forgot about redsteel's :oops: I'll rate that, and leo's (since is almost at the requirments now.) when I get a chance. Also vxv/ is right, rest+vital spirit=failure

Fri May 08, 2009 6:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thanks...and with the Kanga...what item should i use?

Tue May 12, 2009 1:20 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry, the after post questions made me forget about this :oops: :oops:

Redsteel13 wrote:
Ok take a stab at my team- Im not sure of my items, so if you could help it would be dandy

{girafarig}/Baton Passer-and Scouter/Early Bird
Calm
230hp-142df-138sd
Baton Pass
Agility
Future Sight
Crunch

Girafarig is my baton passer and it also gives me the nice little future sight switch as well. I typically use him as my baton passer because he can stay and fight if need be, unlike my ninjask. I'm considering leftovers, but i'm not totally sure.

Personally, if you want to BP speed Ninjask is the way to go, Girafarig's defenses aren't much better in OU battles (assuming your team is for OU due to salamence, breloom, skarm,) If you insist on using girafarig why not try a clam mind passer? Future sight is a very hard move to employ competitively and wont due much with a 90 base stat to go off of. Replace the last two moves with psychic and either wish, magic coat or a screen. also use a timid nature with 252spd 4HP 252s.atk.

Redsteel13 wrote:
{salamence}/Mixed Attacker/Intimidate
Quiet
250At-250Sa-10Def
Hydro Pump
Dragon Claw
Focus Energy
Aerial Ace

Salamance is my all-around attacker. With his high evs in attack and special attack, and his ability to use focus energy, i use him to blow through foes. I was thinking scope lens but still, not sure.

252atk 252s.atk 4def. If you want to abandon speed then that set is ok, but speed really improves salamence sweeping potential. Crit hit raising moves are quite unreliable in vs. play. I'm just gonna refer you to Smogon's [url]http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence]dex-thingy[/url] for him, as it seems quite open ended.

Redsteel13 wrote:
{breloom}/Sub-er, and sleep inducer/Effect Spore
Naive
200Spd-170Sa-140at
Substitute
Seed Bomb
Spore
Focus Punch

Breeloom will often start its turn off with a good dose of spore, followed by a free sub. It then uses its sub to fully use focus punch. It also seed bombs if need be.

44hp/252atk/212spd w/ adamant nature is best, Stone edge may go over seed bomb to take out flying types better, otherwise good. Also toxic heal+toxic orb makes him near godly with this set.

Redsteel13 wrote:
{lanturn}/Special Sweep/Tank/Volt Absorb
Quiet-Chesto Berry
252Sa-240def-18sd
Rain Dance
Thunder
Ice Beam
Rest

Lanturn's first purpose is to pound away with powerfull special attacks, so I was forced to use quiet nature to not lower either defence or special defence, but i had to sacrifice speed. Lanturn will rest and wake[with chesto berry] and gives it that tank feel when used.

Modest nature here, Rain dance is not worth thunders temporary acc boost. Stockpile can go there if your wanting to tank and give him T-bolt over thunder

Redsteel13 wrote:
Carefull
252hp-129def-129sd
Spikes
Toxic
Steel Wing

Interesting to put your bets into S.def, but he'll still fall to many special attacks, (I once tried a careful 252hp/252.def set, it still wasn't great at taking sp. attacks... at all) Personally Impish 232hp 252def 20spd is best for taking physical attacks. steel wing could be replaced by drill peck. and spikes/toxic can be switched with roost/Stealth rock.

Redsteel13 wrote:
Adamant
190atk-190def-130hp
Reversal
Aerial Ace
Rest
Endure

I hope you will rate my team well, so i can start fighting seriously, but please be cruel to every detail and help in any way you can. Thanks

Rest+vital spirit won't work, if you want a rest abuser use kangaskhan w/early bird (and leftovers) OR Dewgong/Phione set with rest+rain dance+Hydration

For kangaskhan use:

Adamant @ Early bird w/Leftovers
252HP 252ATK 4SPD
-Rest
-Suckerpunch
-Return
-Toxic/Earthquake/Hammer arm

Wed May 13, 2009 5:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Removed by me to save space

Last edited by /vXv\ on Sun May 31, 2009 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 13, 2009 8:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
I've been playing a lot in the battle tower in Diamond with rather inconsistent results. Just wanted to get my team checked when you get some time.

Pikachu {pikachu} @ Light Ball
Hasty - Static
252 Spd / 144 Sp Atk / 112 Atk
~Thunder
~Brick Break
~Grass Knot
~Substitute

Okay, so he's my lead. With Light Ball, his attack stats are huge and he outruns (almost) every pokemon I come across. Mostly I start off with substitute to avoid being paralyzed, burned etc. if I can't get the OHKO. Next is to choose the appropriate moves: Thunder for most things, grass knot when it's 4x effective or on a heavy pokemon that resists Thunder and Brick Break for magneton, normal types or anything with a high sp. def. He's surprisingly strong, even managing to tople Palmer's Rhyperior (but just missing the OHKO on Milotic). He dies easily though, and struggles against lightweight ground types. Is there any way outside of Hidden Power to remedy that?

Suicune {suicune} @ Leftovers
Modest - Pressure
???
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Rest
~Calm Mind

Slower than my other two team mates, Suicune is the bulk of my team. Her defense isn't huge, but it's enough to hold off most threats. After two calm minds, she's an effective sweeper and after more, her special defense can hold off powerful electric attacks if they're not backed by STAB. Rest is there to increase her longevity. I don't know what to do for an EV spread. The nature is offensivley oriented, so I don't know if I should focus more on Sp. Attack or defences.

Charizard {charizard} @ Petaya Berry
Modest - Blaze
252 Spd / 252 Sp Atk
~Fire Blast
~SolarBeam
~Substitute
~Sunny Day

The idea here is simple, swith into a weak attack and substitute. Sunny Day the turn after and hope they manage to break the substitute. If they do, substitute again, hopefully into range to activate the Petaya Berry and Blaze, if not, Fire Blast is still getting a boost (and possibly blaze) and SolarBeam will still pull off KOs as long as the target is weak to grass. Potentially my most powerful team member, Charizard's fully boosted Fire Blasts have 2HKO'd Chansey and OHKO'd everything else if I can get it to that point. Like Pikachu, he dies easily if Substitute isn't up, and his type coverage isn't perfect, but he's good.

Assume I can change anything, but would perfer not to have to try for Hidden Powers (I will if a good enough argument is made). Similarly I'd really like to keep the above species, but if a good enough argument is made, I'll change to another pokemon with similar role and type. Thanks in advance!

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Fri May 15, 2009 4:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

LeoTheLion wrote:
Here's my team so far on Platinum. Most of the team is suseptible to Ground-Type moves and they still need to level-up and whatnot. I also plan on replacing Staraptor. My teams' mostly Defensive and doesn't fit into a tier.... Here it is.

{lopunny} /Hell-Raiser/ @ Big Root
Rash
Klutz
Jump Kick
Charm
Cut
Drain Punch

Lopunny's my hard-to-kill Pokemon. With the Big Root, it ets more HP from Drain Punch. I plan on teaching it more diverse moves, and by
being a normal type it only has one super-effective type, but not too many resistances. I'll also take off Cut once I've explored everywhere I
need to. Lopunny's a sucker with pokemon with high Defense and high Special Attack. Also a Pookemon that relies on Special moves won't be
affected by Charm. However, with physical-based Pokemon, charm will slow its offense down and attacks will be mostly negated by Drain Punch.

Klutz+big root is useless, as it prevents item use. with the moves listed ghost-types will wall it completely and despite sounding sexist charm is best used on a female poke. (Most OU pokes have a male slant. :/) If Lopunny is your lead try:

Timid@ Klutz w/Flame orb
236 HP / 164 Def / 108 Spe
-Switcheroo
-Sub
-Focus Punch
-T-wave/Ice or Thunder punch

LeoTheLion wrote:

{giratina} /Your-Everyday-Uber-Legendary/ @ Griseous Orb
Quirky
Levitate
Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Dragon Claw
Shadow Force

All offensive with a good mix of move-types. I plan on changing Earth Power to Earthquake once I get the TM for it. I also might plan on
making a team without a Legendary. I'll take any suggestions for replacing Gira as well. I'm thinking Scyther.

Personally a quirky nature really gives nothing to build on(and being legendary it's a challenge to obtain a better one), I recommend a Scizor here. Good offense and priority as well as working with your houndoom.

Scizor
Adamant @ Technician
Life Orb or Metal coat
4HP,252Atk,252Speed
-Swords dance
-Bullet punch
-Superpower
-Pursuit

LeoTheLion wrote:

{luxray} /Offensive-Crippler/ @ Zap Plate
Rash
Rivalry
Crunch
Rain Dance
Thunder Fang
Thunder

Luxray is one of my favorite Pokemon on the team. Its Speed and ability to make foes flich AND be paralyzed will make it an
annoying one to fight. Crunch is a good variety move and it also lowers the opponent's defense, which will help with Thunder Fang.
Rain Dance is used to make Thunder hit with 100% accuracy for my Luxray, and is also useful in double battles when teamed with Empoleon.

Rain dance+Thunder is really only worth anything in doubles, where a partner can abuse it as well. Insingles it's much better to just use T-bolt. Assuming you want to have some mix-offense here try:

Luxray
Naughty@Intimidate
252Atk 252Spd 4def
Expert Belt Or Shuca berry
-Ice fang
-Spark (same power as T-fang but 30% para rate)
-Crunch
-T-bolt/Thunder Or if you want to be purely psychical use Adamant nature and Superpower here.

LeoTheLion wrote:

{empoleon} /Hard-Hitter/ @ Mystic Water
Impish
Torrent
Drill Peck
Surf
Hydro Pump
Grass Knot

Empoleon is my other offensive Pokemon. Its moves will afect most Pokemon very well and Grass Knot will help me with the ubers
and Water pokemans. Hydro Pump also hits hard for it.

You want him to be offensive, but you have a defensive nature... Try

Empoleon
Modest@ Torrent
252S.atk 252speed or down to 232 if you have a 31IV in speed.
Life orb/Mystic water (1st gives him more power, latter boost's his main attack surf without the drawback of LO)
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Grass knot
-Agility

LeoTheLion wrote:

{houndoom} /Fire-Luxray/ @ Spell Tag
Relaxed
Flash Fire
Flamethrower
Shadow Claw
Faint Attack
Fire Blast

Houndoom is my alternate to Luxray and will also make your Pokemon flinch and burn them sometimes. But as
an added bonus, it has Ghost and Dark type moves that will both be effective because of the Spell Tag. Flash Fire
is also somewhat useful. Kind of.

Spell tag has no effect on faint attack. Ghost/Dark have almost identical type coverage so stick with Faint attack/Dark pulse.
also two fire moves are redundant, pick one if you want power or acc. try

Houndoom
Timid 252S.atk 252speed 4HP
Life orb/Leftovers/Salac(w/sub but make HP divisible by 4)
-Nasty plot/Sub
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Sleep talk(to absorb sleep moves) Mud slap/Reversal(w/sub)

So.. Feedback? Suggestions? I know you've got some. :D

Personally your team seems rather unfocused, bad natures and some redundant type coverage, it would be good against friends that play the same level, but competitively it's not very great...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/vXv\ wrote:
Heat-treated Bugs

Heatran {heatran} shuca berry/Other
Flash Fire
Quiet
EVs HP 252 128 DF 128 SD
Lava plume
Dragon Pulse
Earth power
Protect/Roar

Flash fire God, Its the best chocie as far as Defensive stats go plus it has awsome SA

Hypno {hypno} Leftovers
Forewarn
Jolly
EVs 128 SP 128 HP 252 DF
Role-play
Skill swap
Fire Punch
Substitute/Psycho cut

Flash Fire giver, With role play it is able to duplicate flash fire then pass it on. Its faster than {heatran} to ensure it gets a boost from lava plume once it role plays Heatran, Powering up its fire punch

This is doubles correct? So I'll be rating you leads together.

With heatran tanking the EV/Nature is ok, I'd recommend SR in the last slot to help a latter sweep.

Role play and skill swap together is overkill, keep skill swap and try hypnosis to shut down a lead with EQ or play luck with assist. Also go with 252HP 128DEF you'll be a tad more bulky. Also if your skill swapping heatran use insomnia, it'll wake him up from a sleeper.

/vXv\ wrote:

KEY PLAY
Once Armed with flash fire the steel bugs are better off than spiritomb Having 0 weaknesses and tons of resistance

Except they all have low s.def and HP making them rather sub-standard tanks, water and electric will pierce right through, as well as relying of the somewhat-slow hypno to give them their fire immunity, which if he gains it will be quite obvious to your opponent what your plan is. Running a good rain danceer would accomplish about the same with a less obvious strategy behind it.

/vXv\ wrote:
Wormadam {wormadam-steel} Wise glasses
Anticipation
Modest
EVs SA 252 HP 252
Psybeam
Signal Beam
Flash cannon
Skill swap

Special Bug Uses Special Attacks, Skill swap in case Hypno drops the ball
psy beam and signal beam have a chance of confusion

Wormadan is a quite bad attacker, however in keeping the theme it looks well, Leftovers or Choiec specs may be better.

/vXv\ wrote:

Scizor {scizor} Expert belt
Swarm
Adamant
EVs 252 AT 128 HP 128 SD
Iron Head
X-sissor
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Physical Bug - Swarm Nature incase wormadam is the only one with flash fire it can skill swap and benefit from swarm

As you EV'd into defense I'd replace AA with Roost and give him a salac to work as a fast yet bulky sweeper. but even with this I'd adjust speed to 247, to outspeed alakazam after the salac.

/vXv\ wrote:

Forretress {forretress} bright powder
Sturdy
Careful
EVs SD 252 HP 252
Spikes
Stealth Rock
Toxic spikes
Gyro Ball

Wall Bug - Lays out all the pointy things + gyro ball decent stab.

Most groups don't allow brightpowder, Explosion over one of the spike moves may help you rid a few opponents pokes,(your team had enough normal-resists anyways) Personally I'd prefer a rest talker here

-Rest
-Sleep talk
-gyro ball
-spikes/counter/Zap cannon

/vXv\ wrote:

Snorlax {snorlax} sitrus berry (PS How much Hp does it restore now?)
Thick Fat
Impish
EVs 252 HP 252 DF
Whirlwind
Last resort
Recycle
Crunch/Bell drum

Whirl winder- With sitrus berry restoring like 1/4 or a 1/3 now a days, recycle Is there to reuse the berry
Crunch for ghosts, Last resort because Its awsome (I'll will say that the animation for the attack SUCK)
Thick fat also will reduce fire damage incase of emergency

Sitrus restores 25% when <50% HP, the idea is nice but rest is the much better option to remove toxic, burns and restore 100% HP. Crunch in the last slot, as belly drum is a big gambit in doubles as well as on a slow poke in general. Body slam is in most cases better due to it's 30% paralysis(which your team needs as it's quite slow)

For the novelty of using flash fire swapping I like the idea of the set, but rain dance is much better an option if you want "fire-proof" bugs. Heck even try water sport in tandem to fully remove fire weakness while keeping abilities like scizor's swarm/tech. in play. as a well placed roar or taunt will drop a swapping strategy flat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ClUeLeSs wrote:
I've been playing a lot in the battle tower in Diamond with rather inconsistent results. Just wanted to get my team checked when you get some time.

Pikachu {pikachu} @ Light Ball
Hasty - Static
252 Spd / 144 Sp Atk / 112 Atk
~Thunder
~Brick Break
~Grass Knot
~Substitute

Okay, so he's my lead. With Light Ball, his attack stats are huge and he outruns (almost) every pokemon I come across. Mostly I start off with substitute to avoid being paralyzed, burned etc. if I can't get the OHKO. Next is to choose the appropriate moves: Thunder for most things, grass knot when it's 4x effective or on a heavy pokemon that resists Thunder and Brick Break for magneton, normal types or anything with a high sp. def. He's surprisingly strong, even managing to tople Palmer's Rhyperior (but just missing the OHKO on Milotic). He dies easily though, and struggles against lightweight ground types. Is there any way outside of Hidden Power to remedy that?

Being a lead pikachu can grab some good damage with fake out in place of sub, and since pikachu dies easily I'd go with volt tackle for the accuracy. Grass knot is your best option on grounds unless you choose the Hardy surfing pikachu from PBR. Otherwise quite good.

ClUeLeSs wrote:

Suicune {suicune} @ Leftovers
Modest - Pressure
???
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Rest
~Calm Mind

Slower than my other two team mates, Suicune is the bulk of my team. Her defense isn't huge, but it's enough to hold off most threats. After two calm minds, she's an effective sweeper and after more, her special defense can hold off powerful electric attacks if they're not backed by STAB. Rest is there to increase her longevity. I don't know what to do for an EV spread. The nature is offensivley oriented, so I don't know if I should focus more on Sp. Attack or defences.

You could try a chesto to get few CMs in followed by a free rest, Go with 4HP,252S.atk,252Speed as the set seems special attack based. Alternatively you can put sleep talk over ice beam for a lot of bulk/power, but water-asorbers will have to become a PP stall war.(which Suicune usually wins due to pressure)

ClUeLeSs wrote:

Charizard {charizard} @ Petaya Berry
Modest - Blaze
252 Spd / 252 Sp Atk
~Fire Blast
~SolarBeam
~Substitute
~Sunny Day

The idea here is simple, swith into a weak attack and substitute. Sunny Day the turn after and hope they manage to break the substitute. If they do, substitute again, hopefully into range to activate the Petaya Berry and Blaze, if not, Fire Blast is still getting a boost (and possibly blaze) and SolarBeam will still pull off KOs as long as the target is weak to grass. Potentially my most powerful team member, Charizard's fully boosted Fire Blasts have 2HKO'd Chansey and OHKO'd everything else if I can get it to that point. Like Pikachu, he dies easily if Substitute isn't up, and his type coverage isn't perfect, but he's good.

Looks good, just make sure your HP is divisible by 4 to activate the petaya at 25% HP. Sunny day can conflict with suicune's surf as well as sandstreams that can switch into Sbeams and mess you up, but for battle tower battles it's fine.

Assume I can change anything, but would perfer not to have to try for Hidden Powers (I will if a good enough argument is made). Similarly I'd really like to keep the above species, but if a good enough argument is made, I'll change to another pokemon with similar role and type. Thanks in advance!

In all quite good, I don't see any huge holes as far as battle tower goes, just be careful of OHKO and evasion boosting moves :P

Sun May 17, 2009 7:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah that was pretty bad. I completely did over my team though, so once I finish it I'll post it up here. Thanks for the feedback though!

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Sun May 24, 2009 11:06 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ok, so after my year off I've come up with an entire new team of Pokemon. I wanna hear some feedback from all of you seeing how I don't think I have a firm grasp of the meta anymore.

{infernape}
- Naive @ ??? (24Atk/252Sp.Atk/232Spd)
~~~~~~~~~~~
- HP: Ice - Grass Knot
- Close Combat - Flamethrower

{gyarados}
- Adamant @ ??? (4HP/252Atk/252Spd)
~~~~~~~~~~~
- Dragon Dance - Ice Fang
- Waterfall - Earthquake

{rhyperior}
- Modest @ ??? (252Atk/4Sp.Def/252Spd)
~~~~~~~~~~
- Horn Drill - Aquatail
- Earthquake - Stone Edge

{arcanine}
- Timid @ ??? (128Def/128Sp.Def./254Spd)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Will-o-Wisp - HP: Grass
- Roar - Flamethrower

Now, I've finished these first 4 just need help deciding what items to use, I used some of the ideas from Smogon in case they look similar. I'm a little stuck with what my other two should be, I do have some idea what direction I want to go in though, I was thinking something like:

{weavile}
- Jolly
~~~~~~~~~
- Pursuit - Brick Break
- Ice Shard - Night Slash

{dragonite}
- Rash
~~~~~~~~~~~
- Thunderbolt - Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast - ?????

Any suggestions welcome, also if a mod wants to delete my Pyroshuffler Arcanine thread go ahead, it can be addressed here instead.

Sun May 31, 2009 4:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry drake, but there is a format you need to mostly follow:

Your team should look like this wrote:

Quote:
A short introduction of the team. This includes mentioning:
:arrow: what kind of battling environment the team will be used in (WiFi, Shoddy Battle, PBR, Battle Tower, etc) so that the raters know what limits you have, like accessibility to FRLG/Emerald/Platinum move tutors, Hidden Power types, and the works. If the team is for Shoddy or some other pokemon simulator, you do not have to mention these things; otherwise tell what other games you have access to and how willing you are to breed for Hidden Power, etc. Only post teams that are meant to be competitive - if you cant defeat Cynthia for whatever reason, train your in-game team more.
:arrow: What tier you wish to use this team in - Overused, Underused, Ubers, or no tier at all. Tiers are according to the Psypoke Tier List found here
:arrow: How well this team has performed for you in the past - we don't want to rate a team that hasn't been used before - try it out and see what problems you run into, if any. Heck, if the team does well enough for you that it doesn't need to be rated, that's fine by us. Be sure to mention any specific pokemon you have problems with, the more detail the better.

Pokemon {pokemon} (please do not mention nicknames, its really kinda annoying) @ Item
Nature - EV Spread
Ability
- Move
- Move
- Move
- Move

A short description of the pokemon - I would suggest aiming for about 5 sentences, but anything from about 3-10 is fine (1-2 sentence descriptions are unacceptable). Here, describe the purpose of the pokemon - why did you choose this specific pokemon, with this specific moveset, over the other 492 pokemon there are? Mention what the Pokemon's role in your team is - for instance, is your pokemon a Lead, designed to set up entry hazards like Stealth Rock or Spikes? Is it an Attacker, intended to hit the opponent hard with attacks to weaken them? Is it a Baton Passer, giving the key stat boosts to another pokemon on your team that it needs in order to sweep the foe? Is it a Tank, or a Supporter, or a Spinner, or any of the other various roles a pokemon can have? Mention if your pokemon is intended to counter any specific pokemon (for instance, say how Magnezone is your number one Skarmory counter), or if there are any specific pokemon that counter yours (like how your Skarmory's number one fear is Magnezone).

Also ftr horn drill is banned by almost all competitive venues.

Sun May 31, 2009 5:47 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Drake McGyver wrote:
Ok, so after my year off I've come up with an entire new team of Pokemon. I wanna hear some feedback from all of you seeing how I don't think I have a firm grasp of the meta anymore.

{rhyperior}
-Modest@ ??? (252Atk/4Sp.Def/252Spd)
~~~~~~~~~~
- Horn Drill - Aquatail
- Earthquake - Stone Edge

Any suggestions welcome, also if a mod wants to delete my Pyroshuffler Arcanine thread go ahead, it can be addressed here instead.

Modest nature promotes the growth of SPECIAL ATTACK and lowers the growth rate of ATTACK. Just thought I'd warn ya :)

Sun May 31, 2009 6:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

OK I know its a little sudden after my last team but Here goes

Rule for competion
All pokes under lvl 50 Meaning moves obtained high are banned, as well as Tyranitar and non-event Dragonite
Banned Items are only soul dew and No two of the same
Battles are 4 on 4 doubles
Ubers are banned Like Lugia and Ho-oh (Not Garchomp)

So I choose this Team Because None of them share any weakness and all of them have two or less weaknesses
In the challege I'd go with Either Squad 1 or 2 plus the two walls
I will not trade power for Accuracy

Super Tank squad 1:
A Physical Tank and a Special Tank both can Opperate alone
Zapdos {zapdos} w/ Expert Belt
Modest EVs SA, SP and HP
Thunder bolt
Heat wave
Air cutter
HP: Psychic
*Special Tank
Weakness: Rock and Ice

Metagross {metagross} w/ Zoom lens
Brave EVs AT, HP and SD
Earthquake
Rock slide
Ice Punch
Iron Head
*Physical Tank
Weakness: Fire and Ground

Submersable Squad 2:
Rain Dance powers swift swim and surf which heals vaporeon, Vaporeons Moves cover holes in Kingdras move set AKA Empoleon and Shedinja
Kingdra {kingdra} w/ Wise Glasses
Mosest EVs SA, HP and SP
(Swift Swim)
Surf
Twister
Icy wind
Swift
*Power Sweeper
Weakness: Dragon

Vaporeon {vaporeon} w/ Damp Rock
Bold EVs HP, DF and SD
Rain Dance
Shadow ball
Mud slap
Helping Hand
*Kingdra Support
Weakness: Electric and Grass

Walls
Dusknoir {dusknoir} w/ Brightpowder
Impish EVs HP, SD and DF
Shadow Punch
Protect
Spite
Torment
*PP Waster
Weakness: Ghost and Dark

Umbreon {umbreon} w/ leftovers
Impish EVs HP, DF and SD
Wish
Toxic
Dig
Payback
*Toxicifier with Dig for posion and steel
Weakness: Bug and Fighting

Sun May 31, 2009 7:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

vxv/ read the last part of my last post....

/vXv\ wrote:
OK I know its a little sudden after my last team but Here goes

Rule for competion
All pokes under lvl 50 Meaning moves obtained high are banned, as well as Tyranitar and non-event Dragonite
Banned Items are only soul dew and No two of the same
Battles are 4 on 4 doubles
Ubers are banned Like Lugia and Ho-oh (Not Garchomp)

So your doing this for the pokemon regional nintendo thingy?

/vXv\ wrote:
So I choose this Team Because None of them share any weakness and all of them have two or less weaknesses
In the challege I'd go with Either Squad 1 or 2 plus the two walls
I will not trade power for Accuracy

Super Tank squad 1:
A Physical Tank and a Special Tank both can Opperate alone
Zapdos {zapdos} w/ Expert Belt
Modest EVs SA, SP and HP
Thunder bolt
Heat wave
Air cutter Roost may be better here if your idea is tanking
HP: Psychic If you can get one from XD, Extrasensory has +10BP and a flinch rate
*Special Tank
Weakness: Rock and Ice

Metagross {metagross} w/ Zoom lens Despite the in-game text, zoom lens boosts accuracy not critical hit rate (when attacking last) use razor fang if you want to boost crits, soft sand or any attack boosting item should go here.
Brave EVs AT, HP and SD
Earthquake
Rock slide
Ice Punch
Iron Head Bullet punch here, priority is very important nowadays
*Physical Tank
Weakness: Fire and Ground

Submersable Squad 2:
Rain Dance powers swift swim and surf which heals vaporeon, Vaporeons Moves cover holes in Kingdras move set AKA Empoleon and Shedinja
Kingdra {kingdra} w/ Wise Glassesmystic water/Life orb
Mosest EVs SA, HP and SP
(Swift Swim)
Surf
Twister use draco meteor for power, twister only does 20bp to each in doubles, and icy winds does the same with the useful speed drop
Icy wind
SwiftYawn, signal beam, and Toxic are better options than a 30bp attack
*Power Sweeper
Weakness: Dragon

Vaporeon {vaporeon} w/ Damp Rock
Bold EVs HP, DF and SD
Rain Dance
Shadow ball
Mud slap Muddy water is a option, but mud slap has is uses
Helping Hand wish can be a better support move
*Kingdra Support
Weakness: Electric and Grass

Walls
Dusknoir {dusknoir} w/ Brightpowder
Impish EVs HP, SD and DF
Shadow Punch
Protect
Spite
Torment
*PP Waster
Weakness: Ghost and Dark

for a spite staller try
Leftovers
-rest
-sleep talk
-spite
-double team/night shade

Umbreon {umbreon} w/ leftovers
Impish EVs HP, DF and SD
Wish
Toxic Protect +wish give umby great healing as well as stalling with dusknior
Dig Curse will boost payback and protect umby better
Payback
*Toxicifier with Dig for posion and steel
Weakness: Bug and Fighting

Sun May 31, 2009 8:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*Widelens boost accuracy
Zoom lens boost critical hit if the poke is slow
Fang boosts flinch, claw boosts critcal

*Vaporeon doesn't learn muddy water till level 78
Helping hand will boost all kingdras attacks by half

*wise glasses boost all kingdras special attacks by 1.2
without life orbs damage (1.3)
Mystic water also boost water moves by 1.3 but only water moves
Draco meteor hurts Kingdras SA
Swift is for evasion pokemon

*Don't have time to get a extrasensory Zapdos Regional are in less than a week
Besides zapdos is more of a sweeper

* I can only use one of each item so do you think it'd be better if Dusknoir held leftovers and Umbreon Bright power?

*I only mentioned Kingdras ability because the rest only have one possiblity

Sun May 31, 2009 9:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

/vXv\ wrote:
Zoom lens boost critical hit if the poke is slow

As I said, the in-game text for it is wrong. try it out on a slow poke with an 80% acc move. Or check smogon desp. for it.
/vXv\ wrote:
Vaporeon doesn't learn muddy water till level 78

Opps, my bad.
/vXv\ wrote:
wise glasses boost all kingdras special attacks by 1.2

Wise classes boost by 10%, mysitc water boost by 20% but it boosts kingdra's main source of damage. icy wind/swift are not used for damage per say, but more for their speed drops and accuracy.

/vXv\ wrote:
Draco meteor hurts Kingdras SA

Draco meteor drops his SA, but it will OHKO any dragons that come in,(as you'll outspeed all with swift swim) before they OKHO kingdra.

/vXv\ wrote:
I can only use one of each item so do you think it'd be better if Dusknoir held leftovers and Umbreon Bright power?

Yes, so long as you have wish+protect for healing.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
I'm back, and I'm trying to work on a UU team. It performs very inconsistantly and I'm hoping I can get some help

{ambipom} Ambipom @ Life Orb
Adamant - Technician
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
~Fake Out
~U-Turn
~Taunt
~Return

My lead. I loved Fake Out on Pikachu so much that I got one for my Ambipom. This little monkey has everything: It can fake out for a surprising amount of damage, Taunt spikers and U-Turn out of there to another one of my pokemon. He's just fun to use and really messes up my opponents. Actually, out of my entire team, he's the one I need the least help with, but feedback is nice all the same.

{steelix} Steelix @ Leftovers
Impish - Sturdy
252 HP/ 200 SpD/ 52 Atk
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~Gyro Ball
~Stone Edge

Usually when Ambipom U-Turns, he switches to this guy. He sets up Stealth Rock and then can sit there and hammer the opponent with his attacks or switch when a special attacker peeks their ugly head. He's not that strong though, and right now it seems like he's only setting up stealth rocks. I know that's his primary job, but he doesn't do much else after that, especialy since he doesn't hit that hard. Is there any way I can make him more useful?

{charizard} Charizard @ Salac Berry
Adamant - Blaze
252 Atk/ 4 Def/ 252 Spd
~Belly Drum
~Substitute
~Fire Punch
~Earthquake

I'm mostly posting him here for the sake of completeness. It's Bellyzard, when he works he works and when he doesn't work he gets his butt handed to him.

{blastoise} Blastoise @ Chesto Berry
Bold - Torrent
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpAtk
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Rapid Spin
~Rest

My bulky water. My main question with him is, is it worth it to replace Ice Beam with Toxic? Without Ice Beam I lose a sure-fire way to counter dragons, but with toxic I can (potentially) beat other water types. Rest + Chesto Berry is for recovery unless you think Aqua Ring + Leftovers would be better. Other than that he performs as a decent Rapid Spinner, but keeps dying on me despite Rest.

{tauros} Tauros @ Choice Band
Jolly - Intimidate
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
~Return
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Zen Headbutt

Esentially, Tauros does what Steelix does with more speed, more power and no stealth rocks. For that reason, I've considered replacing my favorite bull pokemon with a more special-oreinted attack since, outside of Blastoise and Hypno, my team does not hit hard from the special side at all. If I do keep him though, I'd love an opinion on the last moveslot 'cause Zen Headbutt's kind of useless. Return hits harder even when Psychic is super-effective.

{hypno} Hypno @ Leftovers
Calm - Insomnia
252 HP/ 129 Def/ 129 SpD
~Psychic
~Wish
~Reflect
~Hypnosis

Special Wall. Hypno fills a hole in my team, the glaringly obvious weakness to special attacks. I'm shaky on the EV spread. I decided to split my defences so he could take at least one phisical hit, but that works better in theory than in practice and he often dies before he can be healed by wish. Reflect was an attempt to remedy that, but he still dies easily and isn't fast enough to put up reflect before he's hit. Hypnosis for shutting down an annoying opponent, Psychic for STAB, but honestly, I'm struggling to make him work. Keeping in mind that I'd rather not use Chansey, is there someone who does the job better?

Like before, assume I can change anything, EV spreads, movesets, natures, anything. This team will be mostly used for Shoddy/multiplayer battles (No wifi, which sucks...). Thank you for your time.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

in my own opinion....i think there are too many rules to do for this rating centre and therfore am not going to bother.

i was thinking about it but i would talk jibberish and i think the old rating centre was ALOT better, mainly because people can just put what they want on there without have to write every little detail. :frustrated:

But thats my opinion (and im entitled to it) so i just think its worse then the other one.

there ive said it (and i know most of you probably wont care, but ive had to put it out there) sorry. :?

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry, but that's the rules :?

Post count/time keeps complete nubs from flooding their pre-e4 teams and such, and adding desp. to enviorment/pokes not only helps us rate, but helps the poster figure out errors and weakness on their own. Other than those I think the old center had the same rules.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

empoleon99 wrote:
words
baaaaw

Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm planning on making a special wall Altaria, and i'm sorta stuck on what exactly to do with him/her. all i know is that i want it to have careful nature (+SpDef, -SpAtk) and to have Perish Song on it. sorta fits with the team i'm planning =/

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 493 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20  Next