It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Tournament preparation tips (anyone can add) 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I was just thinking that there should be a guide on how to prepare for a tournament, and seeing as I'm fairly new, I can't do it alone, so i thought everyone could contribute stuff that they do.

Rules- No use of cheating devices or glitch exploitation
Think of stuff that hasn't been listed
Continue numbering where left off

Mine-
1) I have dittos with every nature (for use with everstones) and abra's of every nature (for Synchronize)
2) I have set locations for ev training (ie- trophy garden- sp. atk)

Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Seeing as tournaments are usually played competitively, I would assume most people just follow their normal established routines for training/breeding/prepping their teams for competitive play. I don't think people really need a guide on how to prepare their teams and the like; there's tons of other established sources out there already. Since breeding, EV's, movesets, etc are vital to the metagame, one would think they learn about them before rushing headlong into the metagame, thereby knowing what to do once they get there.

As for rules of a tournament, that's entirely up to the host. They can create whatever restrictions they want; they don't need to read stuff online to know what they themselves want to have set as rules. It's like knowing exactly what flavor of ice cream you want to get; you wouldn't decide you want chocolate but then spend ten minutes looking at a giant list of other ice cream flavors.

Now don't get me wrong, this rant reply of mine doesn't mean there's no place for tournament-play-related guides here. It's just the kind of stuff you're talking about right now is all pretty basic/common knowledge around these parts.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]