It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Please rate my current team! 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

This is my current team. Please comment and give feedback. I also might want to change some of their nicknames, so any suggestion on that is also greatly appreciated.

{tentacruel} (Meanie) @ Metronome
Timid nature (+ Spd, - Atk)
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Toxic Spikes
Barrier

I lead out with this Pokémon so I can spread Toxic Spikes and so its power isn't lowered by the Sunny Day. I also set up a Barrier and then attack with Surf and Sludge Bomb until I faint.

{cherrim} (Flora) @ Heat Rock
Quirky nature (balanced)
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Magical Leaf
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Toxic

With {cherrim} , I use Sunny Day, which powers up my team because of its ability Flower Gift. I can then use Solarbeam every turn, or Magical Leaf if I am against an Evasive foe.I use Toxic on Flying types or Pokémon with Levitate who are not affected by Toxic Spikes.

{blaziken} (Flames) @ Expert Belt
Hasty nature (+ Spd, - Def)
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Earthquake
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Bulk Up

I can use Bulk Up to raise my Attack and Defense, then with {cherrim} 's Flower Gift still in affect, I can use my damaging moves, especially Blaze Kick, for it is powered up in sunny weather.

{cradily} (Wise One) @ Quick Claw
Bashful nature (balanced)
252 Atk, 252 SpAtk, 6 HP
Energy Ball
Rock Slide
Stockpile
Confuse Ray

What I usually do with {cradily} is I confuse them with Confuse Ray, then I use Stockpile 3 times. Stockpile raises Defense and Special Defense. I then attack with Energy Ball and Rock Slide.

{magnezone} (Magnetic) @ Wise Glasses
Quirky nature (balanced)
252 SpAtk, 129 Def, 129 SpDef
Thunder Wave
Discharge
Flash Cannon
Magnet Rise

First I use Magnet Rise if I think they have ground type moves, then I paralyze them with Thunder Wave. I then attack them with Flash Cannon and Discharge.

{yanmega} (Beeg Bug) @ Focus Sash
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
AncientPower
Bug Buzz
Double Team
Air Slash

I decide if I can KO the opponent in one hit. If I can, I do so with my moves. If not, I raise my Evaison and then I attack.

Well, I hope you will give me feedback so I can continue to make this team better and better!

The streched triangle
2 hearts
the face that looks like it's in pain
a diamond
a club
and a musical note

if you don't understand this, look at my avitar thingy.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cynthia wrote:
This is my current team. Please comment and give feedback. I also might want to change some of their nicknames, so any suggestion on that is also greatly appreciated.

Okay, I'm not an offical rater, but since it's not in the offical rating thread, I'll rate it anyways.

{tentacruel} (Meanie) @ Metronome
Timid nature (+ Spd, - Atk)
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Surf
Sludge Bomb
Toxic Spikes
Barrier

I lead out with this Pokémon so I can spread Toxic Spikes and so its power isn't lowered by the Sunny Day. I also set up a Barrier and then attack with Surf and Sludge Bomb until I faint.

Good, I like how you use this as a support pokemon with barrier, and a spiker too. Since your team has weakness to types that have mostly special attacks, I might change barrier to light screen.

{cherrim} (Flora) @ Heat Rock
Quirky nature (balanced)
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Magical Leaf
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Toxic

With {cherrim} , I use Sunny Day, which powers up my team because of its ability Flower Gift. I can then use Solarbeam every turn, or Magical Leaf if I am against an Evasive foe.I use Toxic on Flying types or Pokémon with Levitate who are not affected by Toxic Spikes.

Good, I like how you have a back up pokemon for tentacruel. No corrections for this pokemon.

{blaziken} (Flames) @ Expert Belt
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Earthquake
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Bulk Up

I can use Bulk Up to raise my Attack and Defense, then with {cherrim} 's Flower Gift still in affect, I can use my damaging moves, especially Blaze Kick, for it is powered up in sunny weather.

Okay, I might replace sky uppercut with a special move like flamethrower, becuse no one uses Hm moves except for surf, and except for earthquake your offensive moves have somewhat low accuracy. A good choice, though. THis is a pokemon that can turn a battle around.

{cradily} (Wise One) @ Quick Claw
Bashful nature (balanced)
252 Atk, 252 SpAtk, 6 HP
Energy Ball
Rock Slide
Stockpile
Confuse Ray

What I usually do with {cradily} is I confuse them with Confuse Ray, then I use Stockpile 3 times. Stockpile raises Defense and Special Defense. I then attack with Energy Ball and Rock Slide.

Okay, I think you should change stockpile to another defensive move that raises your defensive stats more. It doesn't have to raise both of them.
Or, you could change energy ball and rock slide to swallow and spit up.

{magnezone} (Magnetic) @ Wise Glasses
Quirky nature (balanced)
252 SpAtk, 129 Def, 129 SpDef
Thunder Wave
Discharge
Flash Cannon
Magnet Rise

First I use Magnet Rise if I think they have ground type moves, then I paralyze them with Thunder Wave. I then attack them with Flash Cannon and Discharge.

Magnezone isn't the best pokemon, but I think your moveset makes it okay. You may want to change this pokemon with a special sweeper in the future.

{yanmega} (Beeg Bug) @ Focus Sash
252 SpAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
AncientPower
Bug Buzz
Double Team
Air Slash

I decide if I can KO the opponent in one hit. If I can, I do so with my moves. If not, I raise my Evaison and then I attack.

Okay, good. It wouldn't have any 1-hit KOs against my pokemon, but if it can use double team enough, it can be a real problem for opponets.

Well, I hope you will give me feedback so I can continue to make this team better and better!

The bottom line is: Your team wouldn't stand up to Ubers, but If you plan to use them only in OU battles, it will rock.

Nicknames:
Tentacruel-Same

Cherrim-Same

Blaziken-Jackie Chan

Cradily-Fly Trap

Magnezone-Cop

Yanmega-Itch Doctor

I had a lot of fun rating your team!

Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
Don't replace Sky Uppercut with Flamethrower. Blaziken already has a Fire type move and Blaziken's Special attack sucks. Sky Uppercut is not an HM. I have no clue what he is talking about.

You might want to think about replacing Blaziken with Infernape. Infernape performs Blaziken's role more efficiently and he can do a hefty amount of damage to Blissey and Skarmory.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:12 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

The reason I have Barrier instead of Light Screen is that the first 3 Pokémon I send out have lower Defense than Special Defense. Tentacruel is great in Special Defense, Cherrim has horrible Defense, and Blaziken has a nature that lowers Defense. Thats why I decided to use Barrier instead of Light Screen.

The streched triangle
2 hearts
the face that looks like it's in pain
a diamond
a club
and a musical note

if you don't understand this, look at my avitar thingy.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Okay, I understand. I'm sorry, that guys right, I made some typos. I ment to say replace sky uppercut becuse nobody uses the FLY Hm move. Sorry, about that, hope you like my ideas.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]