Gliscor or Mismagius 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Both of these pokes have decent speed

{gliscor} Gliscor has very good defense and pretty good attack
(base 95 speed, 125 defence, 95 attack)

{mismagius} Mismagius has good sp. att and sp. def
(base 105 speed, sp.att and sp.def)

i wanted to know which is a better pick and a suggested move set for the one u choose, thxs :D

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I didn't vote for none...
because both are great pokémons...
About movesets...
you can find some here...
Gliscor
Mismagius

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

fair enough, i know their both good :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd say that, in must cases, Gliscor will be a better member of your team. Mismagius seems good, but Gengar pulls off sweeping better, and you won't be Calm Minding up your Mismagius any longer when you're met by Pursuit Tyranitar or Weavile. The former will have beefed up special defense via the sandstorm boost and the latter would out speed you.

Gliscor can instantly fix up a Heracross/physical Lucario weakness on your team, two Pokemon that can really rampage through teams.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:23 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would say gliscor but they are both pretty good though.

name:wika
friend code:0903-3856-2080

combees and bidoofs will come to rule the world {bidoof} {combee}

Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:
I'd say that, in must cases, Gliscor will be a better member of your team. Mismagius seems good, but Gengar pulls off sweeping better, and you won't be Calm Minding up your Mismagius any longer when you're met by Pursuit Tyranitar or Weavile. The former will have beefed up special defense via the sandstorm boost and the latter would out speed you.

No!!! :shock:
Gliscor doesn't gain more Special Defense on the SandStorm!
He is a ground/Flying Type remember? :lol:

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really love Mismagius for the perish trapping…you’ll be surprised that it can really take down walls easily..blissey/ skarmory/ gliscor/ bronzong/ Donphan(not too sure about this one though)/ Weezing/Cressilia/Dusknior/Vaporeon/ milotic/ Slowbro/slowking…well some tanks in there…but still it takes out quite a lot with the perish trapping….and majority of walls have special moves so his special defense is sturdy enough to take a hit or two…. Gliscor is a good pokemon and a great wall with great support moves and attacking stats…I would originally go with him, but the perish trapping is just too good for Mismagius..and here’s a moveset for it….
Mismagius@ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP 190 Defense 60 Special Defense 8 Speed
Perish Song
Mean Look
Protect/Substitute
Taunt( for the roar/whirlwind) if you’re not afraid of that then substitute or pain split because they’ll try and damage you quite a lot before they die

It[‘s bulky enough to take physical damage to some extent and it’s special defense is good enough so that walls can’t break the sub nor can they do that much damage before you trade out….the only unfortunate thing is that Perish trapping weezing/bronzong can result in them using explosion knowing that you are gonna trade out, so pairing it with something that can resist explosion very well or another ghost type would be a smart idea if you know that they have it….

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

On preference I like Mismagius. 3 immunities make her a good switich in. mine uses:

-Pain split (Allows her to stay in play for a good while, 204 Ivs in HP 50 Iv's in DEF. Stalls out blissey)
-Skill swap (useless on some pokes. others it ruins their rain dance/Sunny day sets. can throw intimidate and flash fire back at the opponent. Levitate can be passed to my muk, etc. in double battle)
-Shadow ball (Stab move)
-Hidden power (fighting) (Ghost/Fight holds no resistances only normal/flying will give you trouble)

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:25 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well get this in to your heads guys: Mismagius is definitely better. Know why? Destiny Bond. That's why it's better. On top of that a max Speed of 339 along with a considerable Special Attack makes it even more deadly. :lol:

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:37 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Gliscor is a good physical wall, it can also BP atk+speed, it can also sweep. MisM can sweep with CMs and use Perish Song etc. If I'd have to choose...Gliscor, but it really depends on the rest of your team.

<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)

Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Sapphirath wrote:
Well get this in to your heads guys: Mismagius is definitely better. Know why? Destiny Bond. That's why it's better. On top of that a max Speed of 339 along with a considerable Special Attack makes it even more deadly. :lol:

Because of Destiny bond?
Ok...
then put it in your head...when you do this,i gonna make my
{gliscor} use Stealth Rock/Knock Off/Roost/Sword Dance/Rock Polish/Baton Pass/U-Turn...
They have different battle roles,so between they there's no better or worse,they are just different...
One is a physical staller/Support...the other is a Perish Trapper/Calm Minder...

If you would say Gengar vs Mismagius,then you could pick a better or worse...

Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:27 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

bushin wrote:
4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

Eh, when I mean "the former" I mean Tyranitar, and "the latter" would be Weavile. If you reread my post, I hope you can make that correlation for yourself.

Well, I'll tell you something that does DBing better than Mismagius: Gengar. Again, almost any sort of offensive Mismagius ("offensive" as in taking down opponents) is a water-downed version of Gengar. The only thing that I feel Mismagius can pull off better than Gengar would be Calm Minding, being that it has respectable speed and special stats to utilize it. Also having Pain Split to heal is nice as well, though a crappy way to heal. There's also Perish trapping that jamashawalker alluded to, but just make sure you didn't trap a physical attacker, because Mismagius' defense isn't that stellar.

Gengar also has 3 immunities, better speed and special attack, MasterChef.

Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

O_o I never said Mismagius was better... It's between mismagius and gliscor

Gengar has the same immunities but it has an additional weakness, Psychic type. and if it were to use skill swap like my mismagius it could be smacked dead by a EQ.

Also pain split has uses more than just recovery, it smacks 1/4 to 1/2 of HP from HP tanks while fully restoring mismagius. It's is also a good lead move when a mismagius KO's and a new full health poke is brought out against him, it knocks both to around 1/2 HP

Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

4ever_bug_catcher wrote:
bushin wrote:
4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

Eh, when I mean "the former" I mean Tyranitar, and "the latter" would be Weavile. If you reread my post, I hope you can make that correlation for yourself.

Well, I'll tell you something that does DBing better than Mismagius: Gengar. Again, almost any sort of offensive Mismagius ("offensive" as in taking down opponents) is a water-downed version of Gengar. The only thing that I feel Mismagius can pull off better than Gengar would be Calm Minding, being that it has respectable speed and special stats to utilize it. Also having Pain Split to heal is nice as well, though a crappy way to heal. There's also Perish trapping that jamashawalker alluded to, but just make sure you didn't trap a physical attacker, because Mismagius' defense isn't that stellar.

:shock: Ops... sorry...I read it to fast and get a little confused... :lol:
And Mismagius can only Calm Mind better than Gengar because he(Gengar) can't learn Calm Mind...

And about the Perish Trapper i don't think there's too much trouble against Physical Sweepers...
since he got Immunity to Normal;Fighting;Ground,And Resistence to Bug...

MasterChef wrote:
4ever_bug_catcher wrote:

O_o I never said Mismagius was better... It's between mismagius and gliscor

Gengar has the same immunities but it has an additional weakness, Psychic type. and if it were to use skill swap like my mismagius it could be smacked dead by a EQ.

Also pain split has uses more than just recovery, it smacks 1/4 to 1/2 of HP from HP tanks while fully restoring mismagius. It's is also a good lead move when a mismagius KO's and a new full health poke is brought out against him, it knocks both to around 1/2 HP

A Dusknoir can make it,too.
Bu he has amazing defenses and crappy HP,So Pain Split is perfect for him...

Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, the reason why said Mismagius is better due Destiny Bond is because
1: If mismagius manages to at least take out 1 oppenent with its other moves, then you would've have make a "Profit" in a sense cos Destiny Bond takes out an additional opponent without you having to pay for it.
2: Even if all else fails, Mismagius is at least able to take out it's opponent. Is Gliscor able to to that? No. If it's beat it's beat...no taking down of its opponent with it, unlike Mismagius. :)

Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]