It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 DDancing Salamence 

Which move is better for Dragon Dancing Salamence?
Substitute 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Fire Blast 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 10

DDancing Salamence 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Like I said, Sub will only save you from ONE status effect because people won't be so stupid to use the same status inflicting move on your Salamence after it failed because of Sub. Would you you WoW again after it failed the 1st time because the opponent Subed? I'm against Sub for blocking out status problems because commonly used moves like WoW miss a lot and not many pokemon have it. Moves like Toxic and Thunder Wave I seldom see at all in Competitive play so why use Sub to guard against something that's not commonly seen? I would rather use that slot for another offensive move so that Salamence can sweep better. It's not that Sub is useless for blocking Status ailments. It's just that it's not that worth it because there are better moves around to teach Salamence.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sapphirath wrote:
Like I said, Sub will only save you from ONE status effect because people won't be so stupid to use the same status inflicting move on your Salamence after it failed because of Sub. Would you you WoW again after it failed the 1st time because the opponent Subed? I'm against Sub for blocking out status problems because commonly used moves like WoW miss a lot and not many pokemon have it. Moves like Toxic and Thunder Wave I seldom see at all in Competitive play so why use Sub to guard against something that's not commonly seen? I would rather use that slot for another offensive move so that Salamence can sweep better. It's not that Sub is useless for blocking Status ailments. It's just that it's not that worth it because there are better moves around to teach Salamence.

I see what you're saying. You see I was confused because I thought sub being a crappy status blocker meant there was a Better status blocker.

It's not For blocking status, it just happens to do that very well. We agree that having that move for that one purpose is silly. You seem to have changed your opinion on a lot of things, for the better of course.

Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I prefer Fire Blast,no explanation needed.

Fri May 30, 2008 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2