It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 team help and other stuff i may pay you :) 
Author Message
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:42 pm
Posts: 159
Location: i bet you wannna know
i need suggestions for a team i have never made a competitive team

so far all i have in my team is:

{sceptile}@shell bell?, leftovers?
jolly | overgrow
252 att, 252 speed,6 hp
leaf blade
absorb <--- replacing with x-scissor
slam <--- replacing with earthquake
agility <--- replacing with dragon claw

i was thinking of also using

{ludicolo} & {charizard} {weavile} donno anyone else maybe a {glaceon} maybe?help pls
if you have suggestion put the pokemon/nature/hold items/move sets

_________________
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.


Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:10 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:15 pm
Posts: 333
Location: The Darkest Corner of My Mind
Post 
http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13775

check that site out so you can get help

Sceptile use leftovers

Charizard @ Choice Specs/ Band
Adamant
252 Sp Atk/ Spd , 6 HP
F-thrower
Dragon Pulse
Heat Wave/ Overheat
Air Slash

I don't know about the other three

_________________


Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:34 pm
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 3:59 pm
Posts: 36
Location: stalker... o.0
Post 
On the sceptile, you have to think what dragon claw will even do. Consider this it's only super effective against dragon types. Why not use brick break which is good against normal, dark, ice, rock, steel, I may be forgetting one but I got my point across. Ok undertaker sorry but your charizard set is crap, adamant on a special sweeper then you say the item could be choice band... it doesn't have any evs in atk nor any physical atks. Me personally I wouldn't use charizard but if you are going to then atleast do something like this:

Charizard @ life orb/choice specs
timid, 252 sp. atk, 252 speed, 6 hp
Flame thrower
air slash
focus blast
Hidden power ice/ breed on ancient power

don't bother with dragon pulse as it's only good against dragons, if you're trying to kill dragons then go with hidden power ice as it'll then be better damage and good against grass

_________________
ever wanted a place where you could have almost instant battles?
ever wanted a place where you could ask for help on your team? well now there is!
http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php? ... ulkywaters
an awesome and soon to be growing site, already has a decent amount of active members, join us.


Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:39 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:12 am
Posts: 156
Location: thankz to pikachu420, HTP, solidraiden, and zombie for the sprites
Post 
chickenlick wrote:

don't bother with dragon pulse as it's only good against dragons, if you're trying to kill dragons then go with hidden power ice as it'll then be better damage and good against grass
ummm, sorry but i had to say this. if charizard is a flying and a fire type why would you use the HP ice? i would stick with dragon pulse because if the opponet pulls out a {kingdra} then atleast you have an advantage of sorts. but i can see what you mean by having HP ice for other things like 2X damage against garchomp and salamance, but i just wanted to point out that your argument for it with the whole grass thing was flawed.

_________________
Image Image Image Image


Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:40 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
With the sceptile use choice band to make ur moves stronger,


Charizard@ChoiceSpecs
evs-252 sp atk 252 spd 6 hp
Modest
Flamethrower
Air Slash
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast/Hidden Power

Glaceon@Chesto Berry/Leftovers
Ice beam
Mirror Coat
Rest
Water Pulse

Since Glaceon's 3 best base stats are sp def def and sp atk this moveset is a special sweeper and a tank moveset


_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:35 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:43 pm
Posts: 117
Post 
Ice_Ball22 wrote:
chickenlick wrote:

don't bother with dragon pulse as it's only good against dragons, if you're trying to kill dragons then go with hidden power ice as it'll then be better damage and good against grass
ummm, sorry but i had to say this. if charizard is a flying and a fire type why would you use the HP ice? i would stick with dragon pulse because if the opponet pulls out a {kingdra} then atleast you have an advantage of sorts. but i can see what you mean by having HP ice for other things like 2X damage against garchomp and salamance, but i just wanted to point out that your argument for it with the whole grass thing was flawed.


Maybe not against Grass, but it will do more damage to Salamence, Dragonite, and Garchomp than your other attacks. And they show up a lot. In any case, it will be better than Dragon Pulse, unless you see a Kingdra, in which case you should be running anyways since it will Surf you.


Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:52 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 306
Location: lawl.
Post 
^ guys, you wont see a lot of kingdras anyway... dont sweat it...

my input: if you get a modest charmander w/ the best or near-best IVs in spAtk and speed, but you happen to have a hidden power of fire :( dont sweat it, give it dragon pulse => it will suffice, especially with choice specs. the idea is, put IVs/nature a priority over the type you get via hidden power. HP ice would be the prefered option, but by a slim margin... dragon pulse is just as good.

and give the guy some more movesets gee...

Weavile@choice band/focus sash
jolly 252atk/252spd/6hp
night slash
ice punch
brick break
ice shard/aerial ace/swords dance

choice band with ice shard/aerial ace, and sash w/ swords dance.

Ludicolo@leftovers/wet rock
rain dish
calm 252hp/129spDef/129spAtk OR 252hp/252spDef/6spAtk
leech seed
rain dance
mega drain/giga drain
surf/substitute

special sponge and drainer. mega drain for more PP or giga drain for more power. surf with the first EV spread and substitute with the 2nd

i do not recommend a glaceon. i dont have another suggestion in place of it at the moment, but someone else might clear that up for you


Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:10 pm
Posts: 70
Location: Australia
Post 
If you plan on using charizard I would highly recommend setting it up with a poke that has sunny day and go with the set

Charizard@Life Orb/Choice Scarf
Timid/Modest
Flamethrower/heat wave
Air Slash
Focus Blast
Solar Beam

Its left with left, right with right ie. life orb with timid etc. Teaming it up with a poke that has sunny day allows an extra x1.5 boost for its fire attack and solarbeam to hit when ready. If sunny day is not available use grass knot instead to cover water types.

_________________
[url=http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters][IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/Taserface/sigbanner.png[/IMG][/url]

FC: 2320 4109 0925


Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:42 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
4ever_bug_catcher wrote:
^ guys, you wont see a lot of kingdras anyway... dont sweat it...


i do not recommend a glaceon. i dont have another suggestion in place of it at the moment, but someone else might clear that up for you


Glaceon is good, I've a moveset for Glaceon and Charizard in my above post. Glaceon has high sp atk(130), high def(110), and high sp def(95).
Anyway, I have seen about 10 or 11 Kingdras in the Battle tower so u are right about that but a charizard should be able to counter as much pokes as it can

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:03 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 306
Location: lawl.
Post 
Roar Of Time wrote:


Glaceon is good, I've a moveset for Glaceon and Charizard in my above post. Glaceon has high sp atk(130), high def(110), and high sp def(95).


i wasnt questioning its stats => trust me, its stat allocation is pretty good, but its is typing and a lack of a status support (curse anyone? :lol:) that sets it back a bunch. high defense is not backed up by resistances; in fact, it is weak against types that are usually physical (fighting, steel, rock) and it doesnt help it. a lack of a support move like WoW or calm mind sets it back even further. sure it has a lot of Def/spDef, but glaceon still wont take 2 hits from anything.

what i am saying is - dont always look at base stats. sometimes (if not, all the time), typing and learnset is just as important


Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
it can also learn mirror coat which is VERY useful

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:11 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
I've just thought of another set here.................

Glaceon@Focus sash/Chesto berry(with rest)
Calm Nature evs 129 sp def 129 def 252 sp atk
Hail(for snow cloak and for blizzard)/Water Pulse(filler)
Blizzard(in combination with Hail)/Rest(to heal)
Mirror Coat(for special sweepers)
Ice beam(STAB)

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:17 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 306
Location: lawl.
Post 
Roar Of Time wrote:
it can also learn mirror coat which is VERY useful


side note: dont double post, i thought you knew better :o

mirror coat would only help against flamethrower, aura sphere and a rare flash cannon. thats it.

you would have a hard time with meteor mash, stone edge, cross chop, brick break, rock slide, and most STABed physical moves even.

i know i am being unoriginal when i say this, but a skarmory/dusknoir serve as better alternates to glaceon.


Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
Oh right, I forgot the FIRST RULE of psypokes Don't DOUBLE POST, why oh why did I do it kill me now!!*kills self*. I was spamming and I've been a very bad boy :evil: *starts crying*. Anyway the diff between Skamory/Dusknoir and Glacoeon is that well they aren't good sweepers, sure maybe tanks and walls but Glaceon is a sweeper and wall and a tank, kinda

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:54 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:38 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Pennsylvania
Post 
For Sceptile, I like choice band, as was stated earlier.

Leaf Blade
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Crunch/Dragon Claw

Although you could use Choice Specs as well and make Charizard a physical attacker so you don't get repetitive.

Leaf Storm
Energy Ball
Focus Blast
Dragon Pulse

Not very versatile but neutral damage is greater than the Choice Band set. Depends on if you want power or versatility really.

Roar Of Time wrote:
Oh right, I forgot the FIRST RULE of psypokes Don't DOUBLE POST, why oh why did I do it kill me now!!*kills self*. I was spamming and I've been a very bad boy :evil: *starts crying*. Anyway the diff between Skamory/Dusknoir and Glacoeon is that well they aren't good sweepers, sure maybe tanks and walls but Glaceon is a sweeper and wall and a tank, kinda


Ice Beam and Shadow Ball don't make you a sweeper. If you really wanted, you could throw Choice Scarf on and run something like Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, Water Pulse, and Hidden Power(Electric) but poor base Speed and a shallow movepool make sweeping a bad choice.

Your best bet is probably something like:

Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Yawn
Fake Tears/Wish

You'll have to play it carefully with the weakness to Rock and Fighting, since almost every team has at least one Stone Edge user and lots of teams have someone with Close Combat.


Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
that's why I said kinda coz it ain't fast, it's slow and it has a wicked sp atk stat, as good as Latios

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:39 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 306
Location: lawl.
Post 
Roar Of Time wrote:
that's why I said kinda coz it ain't fast, it's slow and it has a wicked sp atk stat, as good as Latios


too bad glaceon doesnt have that insane movepool like lati@s :(


Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
Well, that could be coz of many reasons, but remember that Latios and Lati@s are Legends and Glaceon is a 'lower pokemon' if u will.

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:19 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 am
Posts: 863
Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
Post 
That wasn't a reason worth mentioning. Some just do not have good movepools. There are few with really good Stats and an insane movepool. That is where OU Pokemon come in.


Glaceon does not really serve any purpose well. If you want a Special Sweeper from the Eevee family, Espeon has the same base Sp. Attack but higher speed.

_________________
All I know is that I know nothing.


Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:14 pm
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.