It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:32 pm



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Battle League(1st Post = Updates/ Try out Trainee Section) 

What do you think?
Good 41%  41%  [ 16 ]
Bad 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Needs Improvement 23%  23%  [ 9 ]
Show me what ya' got 33%  33%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 39

 Battle League(1st Post = Updates/ Try out Trainee Section) 
Author Message
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
UnderTaker, since well none of us have gotten challenged could we well have a battle between Gym Leaders, a sort of Gym Leader Tourney(Oringinal Idea from KOL40). On one day we could have all the Gym Leaders on, and we could have a battle between each of them.

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:08 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:38 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Pennsylvania
Post 
I'd like to apply to be the Flying type gym. (Am I doing this correctly?)

Name of Gym: Jet Stream Gym
Type of Gym: Flying

Rules: 6Vs6 (singles) - No legendary Pokemon - Species Clause - Sleep Clause - No Explosion/Self-Destruct/Destiny Bond on final Pokemon

Leader availability: 3:00 P.M. -8:00 P.M. Monday-Wednesday-Friday (Subject to change)

Time zone (GMT -5.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Trainer FC/name: 1203 6590 9446/Case

Win-Loss-Draw:
_-_-_
Winners:

Prizes:
Aerodactyl holding TM26


I know what my roster is going to be. It's not ready yet, but it can be shortly.


Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:42 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
Well, Case, just PM undertaker to apply for a gym, ok?????

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 306
Location: lawl.
Post 
wow the positions are filling up at a better rate now... i hope we get to fill up all of them soon (except poison of course :lol: )

Case, you can send your projected roster to Undertaker and could still change it in the time being; and yes, you are doing it correctly => it will be linked to the 1st post by tonight (since Undertaker only goes online then :( )


Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:38 pm
Posts: 55
Location: Pennsylvania
Post 
4ever_bug_catcher wrote:
wow the positions are filling up at a better rate now... i hope we get to fill up all of them soon (except poison of course :lol: )

Case, you can send your projected roster to Undertaker and could still change it in the time being; and yes, you are doing it correctly => it will be linked to the 1st post by tonight (since Undertaker only goes online then :( )


Just a quick question since I didn't see it in the thread (unless I missed it): do I need to PM him the moves, items, EVs, etc of my roster or just the Pokemon I'm going to use?


Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:58 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 306
Location: lawl.
Post 
just the pokemon you're going to use (no EVs, natures, moves), since giving other stuff would be overboard since Undertaker wants to be part of this league as a gym leader as well :D


Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
You just need to PM him your pokes they must correspond with the type of your Gym here:-
undertaker wrote:
never really mentioned 3v3's, but:
If the match is a 6v6, then the Gym Leader has the option of using as much of their type (3 min.) and no more than 3 of the alternative list.

If 4v4, same as above but 2 min. for corresponding type and no more than 2 from alternative list.

If 3v3, 2 min for corresponding type and only 1 from alternative.


_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:01 pm
Profile
blah blah blah
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:12 pm
Posts: 92
Post 
I love Rock, Ground, and Steel types. Would I be good for a Element Gym leader? and I mean the elements that make up or civilization.

_________________
When you mess with me you best be ready for a Rockslide!
<center><img src="images/trainercards/legendary_rock_master.png"></center>

Also please visit pokemonsite.freeforums.org and pokestorm.freeforums.org
Thank You.


Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:16 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:14 pm
Posts: 306
Location: lawl.
Post 
Legendary Rock Master wrote:
I love Rock, Ground, and Steel types. Would I be good for a Element Gym leader? and I mean the elements that make up or civilization.


out of those 3 types, i think the Rock gym is open. dont fool yourself though, since you can use any other type you want (ie. rock, ground, steel) as long as half your team is part-rock (assuming that you will sign up for the rock gym)

EDIT: besides, the elements that make up civilization would be water and ground (some would put rock, grass, but what the heck)


Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:15 pm
Posts: 333
Location: The Darkest Corner of My Mind
Post 
4ever_bug_catcher wrote:
just the pokemon you're going to use (no EVs, natures, moves), since giving other stuff would be overboard since Undertaker wants to be part of this league as a gym leader as well :D


Darn :P

Anyways, another subject i was intrigued about:

The min. number of pokes that correspond to your type is 6. Well what if a Leader wants to use all of one type, but it has dual types. Should the dual types be counted as alternatives?

RoT, a tourney wouldnt work because all of us are at different times, so that would make it ineffective. That is why I allowed you guys to challenge each other, so we wouldn't have the stress of managing a tourney.

And...

LRM (Rock) and Case (Flying) are now leaders.

_________________


Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:03 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 693
Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
Post 
Well, I think it's time that I brought several obvious flaws to the table.

For one thing, the leaders. No offense to anyone, I'm not attacking you in general or defending myself, but Gym Leaders need to undergo some kind of testing to prove that they are actually good enough with that type to be a leader.

Second, typage. I firmly believe that almost every type has the power to overcome it's weaknesses. The exceptions to that are Electric and Fire, which are the two worst off. For those two types, I suggest having 2 pokes that do not correspond to the types. For EVERY other type, I would recommend only 1 poke that is not of the gym type.

Third, everything will get very cluttered if this is to have any success whatsoever. Let's face it, I don't even know what page my gym's on anymore. If anything, each gym should have its own thread with links to that thread being on this page.

Fourth, rosters. Responsibility SHOULD be held between the gym and it's challenger to insure that you only use pokemon that you should, i.e. not too many pokes that aren't that type, or ubers. That way, Undertaker can even take part in the gym challenges if he feels like it and I don't have to update the roster if I make a change.

Last, I don't think we should go TOO fast with this. Talking about how we're going to set up a tournament with Serebii... not even close to that point. What we should do right now is work out the kinks through items 1-4.

I think that is all.

_________________
<center>Image

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go


Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:25 am
Posts: 627
Location: Singapore
Post 
thekiller0703 wrote:

Second, typage. I firmly believe that almost every type has the power to overcome it's weaknesses. The exceptions to that are Electric and Fire, which are the two worst off. For those two types, I suggest having 2 pokes that do not correspond to the types. For EVERY other type, I would recommend only 1 poke that is not of the gym type.


That's easy for you to say...you're in charge of the Water Type Gym right? How many Good Water Types can you choose from? Let's see, Milotic, Gyarados, Kingdra, Starmie, Vaporeon, Empoleon, Lapras, Swampert, Blastoise, Empoleon, Slow King, Slowbro, Walrein oh..and how can I forget? Suicune. :)

Now let's look at the Dragon Gym...we have these GOOD choices: Dragonite, Salamance, Garchomp and Kingdra.
Now, the others are all pre-evolutions or banned or weak Dragons. So looking at how PREDICTABLE our team will turn out, do you think we will ever win if we have only 1 alternate Pokemon? Oh, and don't forget, 3 of our Dragons can be easily taken out by a Speedy Sweeper with an Ice Attack...I can assure you we will see plenty of Weaviles and Starmies. Adding on to the main point, the Bug Gym faces the Same problem. Seeing this, how do you expect us to use only 1 Alternate Pokemon?:?

Lastly, 1 thing to clarify are semi-legit Pokemon allowed?


Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:30 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 693
Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
Post 
OK, sorry, a FULL list of the more handicapped types:
Fire
Electric
Dragon- can be solved if you use Dragon EGG GROUP
Bug

I may have forgotten Bug, but Dragon Egg Group includes Aerodactyl, Charizard, and Gyarados. Thos three, a Specsmence and a Dragonite can easily overcome it's weaknesses.

Semi-Legit as in Item Hack? Sure, why not.

Semi-Legit as in hacked IV's/Nature? No.

_________________
<center>Image

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go


Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:25 am
Posts: 627
Location: Singapore
Post 
thekiller0703 wrote:
OK, sorry, a FULL list of the more handicapped types:
Fire
Electric
Dragon- can be solved if you use Dragon EGG GROUP
Bug

I may have forgotten Bug, but Dragon Egg Group includes Aerodactyl, Charizard, and Gyarados. Thos three, a Specsmence and a Dragonite can easily overcome it's weaknesses.

Semi-Legit as in Item Hack? Sure, why not.

Semi-Legit as in hacked IV's/Nature? No.


Hmm...we can't really prove that a pokemon has hacked IVs or natures can we? It is possible to encounter a Max DVs Pokemon...it just takes a Miracle...but for the Nature's part it only takes Effort...knowing this, I don't think we can or should bann Pokemon base on IVs or Natures cos it's fair as it's possible.


Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:32 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:41 pm
Posts: 728
Location: Atlanta, on a never ending quest to find wifi opponents...
Post 
undertaker wrote:
The min. number of pokes that correspond to your type is 6. Well what if a Leader wants to use all of one type, but it has dual types. Should the dual types be counted as alternatives?



I think dual types come under your type. In game leaders use them. So, the flying leader could potentialy use Dragonite or Charizard as one of their types. This is especially important with this particular type (no pure flying types period).

No hacks are allowed at all.

_________________
Think you can handle the Shady Park Gym?
1461*4103*1427
<center><img src="images/trainercards/kol40.png"></center>


Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:05 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
Yay, I got 2 requests, but I got beaten by Cuddles :( . Oh why, oh did you slay my innocent dragons :cry: :cry: . I'll have my revenge, you'll see, you'll see!!!!!!*starts crying*

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:43 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:15 pm
Posts: 333
Location: The Darkest Corner of My Mind
Post 
thekiller0703 wrote:
Well, I think it's time that I brought several obvious flaws to the table.

For one thing, the leaders. No offense to anyone, I'm not attacking you in general or defending myself, but Gym Leaders need to undergo some kind of testing to prove that they are actually good enough with that type to be a leader.

Second, typage. I firmly believe that almost every type has the power to overcome it's weaknesses. The exceptions to that are Electric and Fire, which are the two worst off. For those two types, I suggest having 2 pokes that do not correspond to the types. For EVERY other type, I would recommend only 1 poke that is not of the gym type.

Third, everything will get very cluttered if this is to have any success whatsoever. Let's face it, I don't even know what page my gym's on anymore. If anything, each gym should have its own thread with links to that thread being on this page.

Fourth, rosters. Responsibility SHOULD be held between the gym and it's challenger to insure that you only use pokemon that you should, i.e. not too many pokes that aren't that type, or ubers. That way, Undertaker can even take part in the gym challenges if he feels like it and I don't have to update the roster if I make a change.

Last, I don't think we should go TOO fast with this. Talking about how we're going to set up a tournament with Serebii... not even close to that point. What we should do right now is work out the kinks through items 1-4.

I think that is all.


Alright 1st point: Right now there is no effective way to test these guys out, but in the future if a Gym is open then we can do your method somehow. However, we will have to test the testers to make sure they are helpful to test.

2nd: Sapp kinda explained that pretty well. Semi-Legit Pokes are not allowed. Items are up to the Gym Leader.

3rd: Check the first page for links to your Gym, this is the best we can do for now until we can prove that this can work out.

On a side note: We have gotten permission to set up a locked sticky. My problem is that i will not have enough time to set it up.

4th: That practically seems like an effective way of doing things, instead of a roster. That way i have 1 less job. Although, there is the issue of using alternatives. How bout this: the alternative rule will still be in effect, but the leader wont have to update/post roster. Take a vote on this.

5th: Its just a hypothetical situation when we get there. We have goals that we need to meet first before we can consider expanding.

Umm..I guess thats 1 loss for RoT.



EDIT: This is the matchup for the testers:

thekiller0703 VS Cuddles

You guys decide the rules and it will not be counted on your record.
The winner will decide with me about how we will test.

_________________


Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:56 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:25 am
Posts: 627
Location: Singapore
Post 
Oh man...that means I'll have to raise new Pokemon for my team cos half of them are Shiny hacked...sigh...oh well, my Gym will have to be closed for a longer Duration... :(


Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:46 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
Actually, I'm proud to have lost against Cuddles, at least I didn't lose against Ghett0 :P . I will beat you next time, Cuddles and no Sucnine plzzz or else :evil: only joking but next time................ Sapp, I'm sure that you can use shiny hacked pokes

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:20 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:41 pm
Posts: 728
Location: Atlanta, on a never ending quest to find wifi opponents...
Post 
Roar Of Time wrote:
Actually, I'm proud to have lost against Cuddles, at least I didn't lose against Ghett0 :P . I will beat you next time, Cuddles and no Sucnine plzzz or else :evil: only joking but next time................ Sapp, I'm sure that you can use shiny hacked pokes



If he shiny hacks, who is to say he hasn't IV/EV hacked as well?

_________________
Think you can handle the Shady Park Gym?
1461*4103*1427
<center><img src="images/trainercards/kol40.png"></center>


Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:31 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
Well, we will know in battle, won't we????

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:23 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:41 pm
Posts: 728
Location: Atlanta, on a never ending quest to find wifi opponents...
Post 
Well, It will be a waste of time, won't it?


Some people won't.

_________________
Think you can handle the Shady Park Gym?
1461*4103*1427
<center><img src="images/trainercards/kol40.png"></center>


Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:50 am
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:02 am
Posts: 78
Post 
calm down man, if he wins by cheating it still doesn't mean he is a better trainer. Besides, you should WANT the challenge, even if you cant win

_________________
I want to be
The very best
Like no one ever was


Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:58 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 am
Posts: 691
Post 
Well said, Zenrot. Even if you lose, keep at it. That's why I want to face Cuddles again and beat him :D

_________________
Image
Clickage



<Derek> is anyone here ??
<AngrySparrow> No
<Derek> im gonna leave because no one is here
*** Derek has quit (Exit: Psypoke Forever!)


Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:20 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:41 pm
Posts: 728
Location: Atlanta, on a never ending quest to find wifi opponents...
Post 
Zenrot wrote:
calm down man, if he wins by cheating it still doesn't mean he is a better trainer. Besides, you should WANT the challenge, even if you cant win


So, are you saying i should WANT people to hack pokemon, so it will be more of a challenge? Gee, and this whole time i have been meticulously breeding to get the right IV's and natures AND abilities AND moves, when all i had to do was hack them. Stupid me!!!

_________________
Think you can handle the Shady Park Gym?
1461*4103*1427
<center><img src="images/trainercards/kol40.png"></center>


Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:25 am
Profile YIM
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.