{lunatone} Lunatone
{armaldo} Armaldo
{rhyperior} Rhyperior
{rampardos} Ramparados

Please suggest movesets...[URGENT]

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:19 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Rock type isn't the only type immune to sandstorm, there is also the ground and steel type, (Cacturne is also a good idea)

I would go with Tyranitar (obviously) for sandstream as well as Hippowdon don't bother with Regirock either as he is an uber (I think)

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:46 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

well I'm no expert, but I simply love sandstorm teams ^_^ I've made over 25(maybe more can't remember >.<) different pokes to use in a sandstorm team. I didn't limit myself to only rock types I used steel rock ground and anything with sand veil. I've tested shuckle and I'd say no... with such low hp he can't do much besides well tank... but I seem to be a magnet to gyarados so I always got taunted. I only had shuckle for one sole reason... to absorb starmie's powerfull ice beam and surf.. I found that cradily can take 3.7 hits and shuckle can take 1.4.. I didn't give them perfect ivs or anything I matched their ivs and then tested around a bit. and they were being pummeled by surf, never tested ice beam, but surf was my main weakness. I'd say cradily ftw, bp a single iron defence from scizor and its ready to sweep entire teams, if they're not prepared. my moveset on cradily was:

cradily@leftovers
amnesia
recover/rest
swords dance
rock slide max pped
you bp as many iron defences as you can but one is good enough. In sandstorm it has a massive sp def. It can't be roared by the very common skarmory, you simply amnesia to the max first, then swords dance and you'll one hit skarms and almost anything!

I also use Ttar as a Ddancer, I first switch into something they fear and substitute/Ddance then try to take em out or do a second one. Or if you have lots of trouble with skarms and blisseys use the BOAH set

Ttar@leftovers
substitute
focus punch
thunderbolt
lol.. can't remember the rest but if max ivs and evs his subbys can withstand 2 seismic tosses. I have never tested regirock but already have ev trained one with a physical bolt beam, so I have no clue about that one. I have tried armaldo and he works as a semi-decent rapid spinner and can dish out some serious pain with stone edge. Rhyperior is awsome is you bp him a swords dance from gliscor/scizor but if not he still is incredible. I have never tested rampardos as I usually dislike the rock polish survive with focus sash stuff.. but it may work who knows... I'm not 100% sure how well it will fare with only rock types, but I've never done a pure rock. another to consider is aerodactyl if gyarados gives you problems, you have thunderfang (they usaully never expect that from my experience) and ice fang for the dragons which I come across in about every fight, and EQ for the common electivire, and then stone edge/rock slide. just give him a focus sash and hes ready to go... If you do decide to use steel and ground types that opens up so many different strategys with metagross lucario skarmory forretress magnezone garchomp... with those three types I've found that I can take down almost any team if I had more prediction skills and luck XD.

an awesome and soon to be growing site, already has a decent amount of active members, join us.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:49 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well because Rock times has an additional +Sp.Def by 50 %

So obviously don't miss that...

Yeah... {flygon} , {cacturne} {camerupt} should be cunning too...

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

well I'm no expert, but I simply love sandstorm teams ^_^ I've made over 25(maybe more can't remember >.<) different pokes to use in a sandstorm team. I didn't limit myself to only rock types I used steel rock ground and anything with sand veil. I've tested shuckle and I'd say no... with such low hp he can't do much besides well tank... but I seem to be a magnet to gyarados so I always got taunted. I only had shuckle for one sole reason... to absorb starmie's powerfull ice beam and surf.. I found that cradily can take 3.7 hits and shuckle can take 1.4.. I didn't give them perfect ivs or anything I matched their ivs and then tested around a bit. and they were being pummeled by surf, never tested ice beam, but surf was my main weakness. I'd say cradily ftw, bp a single iron defence from scizor and its ready to sweep entire teams, if they're not prepared. my moveset on cradily was:

cradily@leftovers
amnesia
recover/rest
swords dance
rock slide max pped
you bp as many iron defences as you can but one is good enough. In sandstorm it has a massive sp def. It can't be roared by the very common skarmory, you simply amnesia to the max first, then swords dance and you'll one hit skarms and almost anything!

I also use Ttar as a Ddancer, I first switch into something they fear and substitute/Ddance then try to take em out or do a second one. Or if you have lots of trouble with skarms and blisseys use the BOAH set

Ttar@leftovers
substitute
focus punch
thunderbolt
lol.. can't remember the rest but if max ivs and evs his subbys can withstand 2 seismic tosses. I have never tested regirock but already have ev trained one with a physical bolt beam, so I have no clue about that one. I have tried armaldo and he works as a semi-decent rapid spinner and can dish out some serious pain with stone edge. Rhyperior is awsome is you bp him a swords dance from gliscor/scizor but if not he still is incredible. I have never tested rampardos as I usually dislike the rock polish survive with focus sash stuff.. but it may work who knows... I'm not 100% sure how well it will fare with only rock types, but I've never done a pure rock. another to consider is aerodactyl if gyarados gives you problems, you have thunderfang (they usaully never expect that from my experience) and ice fang for the dragons which I come across in about every fight, and EQ for the common electivire, and then stone edge/rock slide. just give him a focus sash and hes ready to go... If you do decide to use steel and ground types that opens up so many different strategys with metagross lucario skarmory forretress magnezone garchomp... with those three types I've found that I can take down almost any team if I had more prediction skills and luck XD.

Thanx !!!That really helps !!

Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:53 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

no problem ^_^... also don't forget bastiodon he has insane defences and resistances, and you can use his weaknesses to your advantage! just switch into a poke that is resistant to his weaknesses and then you've basically turned the tables, its like blissey and skarmory, they're both almost completely opposites.

an awesome and soon to be growing site, already has a decent amount of active members, join us.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Regirock isn't uber right now, but I'm starting to think he should be with the new sandstream boost.

And he gets a new base 100 stab attack, and he can curse/sub punch/lots of other cool stuff.

Garchomp gets a tournament legal evasion modifier, and so does gliscor.

Sandstream sorta needs boah, but they still don't get huge special attack support.

Also, I personally like aerodactyl. Being able to surivive a bolt/beam, is a big deal for a fast sweeper.

And like someone said, Hippodowan or whatever his name is, is pretty much necessary as one of the best physical tanks.

Don't use shuckle unless you really need a special tank, then it has a purpose. Don't power trick with it, the power isn't as much as it seems.

Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Regirock isn't uber right now, but I'm starting to think he should be with the new sandstream boost.

And he gets a new base 100 stab attack, and he can curse/sub punch/lots of other cool stuff.

Garchomp gets a tournament legal evasion modifier, and so does gliscor.

Sandstream sorta needs boah, but they still don't get huge special attack support.

Also, I personally like aerodactyl. Being able to surivive a bolt/beam, is a big deal for a fast sweeper.

And like someone said, Hippodowan or whatever his name is, is pretty much necessary as one of the best physical tanks.

Don't use shuckle unless you really need a special tank, then it has a purpose. Don't power trick with it, the power isn't as much as it seems.

The third Visitor !!! The Joy !!!

Really helped !! Thanks !!!

Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]