It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Unbreakable (D/P Team) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I know most of this should be obvious to anyone who reads this, but I'll put up a few small descriptions just to avoid any confusion.... Oh, and yes, I plan on finding and training all of these for real.

Regigigas @ Leftovers
(Slow Start)
Adamant +252 Attack +252 Speed +4 Hp
Thunderpunch -Level Up
Ice Punch -Level Up
Earthquake -TM
Substitute -TM

Togekiss @ Leftovers
(Serene Grace)
Bold +252 Hp +128 Defense +128 S.Defense
Follow Me -Level Up
Softboiled -Move Tutor
Psycho Shift -Egg (Hoothoot)
Air Slash -Level Up

Togekiss will basicly just use Follow Me to keep Regigigas' substitutes alive until the first 5 turns are up. Softboiled and Psycho Shift just keep Togekiss alive long enough to protect it afterwards. Pretty basic.

Celebi @ Quick Claw
(Natural Cure)
Calm +252 Defense +252 S.Defense +4Hp
Baton Pass -Level Up
Swords Dance -Move Tutor
Psychic -TM
Calm Mind -TM

Celebi has no other purpose than to Baton Pass to either Metagross or Milotic, depending upon the situation.

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
(Pressure)
Will-o-Wisp
Toxic -TM
Double Team -TM
Dark Pulse

Meant to be as annoying as possible. Can also be passed Calm Minds to make it a little harder to get rid of.

Metagross @ Expert Belt
(Clear Body)
Jolly +252 Attack +252 Speed +4 Hp
Earthquake -TM
Explosion -Level Up
Icepunch -Move Tutor
Meteor Mash -Level Up

Physical Sweeper

Milotic @ Leftovers
(Marvel Scale)
Rest -TM
Sleep Talk -Move Tutor
Ice Beam -TM
Surf -HM

An already hard to kill annoyer that will become near-uber when given Calm Minds.[/i]

Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The tam is very good but legendaries and ubers are frowned upon.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:08 am
Fails at life
Fails at life

Ditto, dit dit ditto.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:40 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yes, I realize this. However, strange as it may seem, where I play everyone has agreed that we can use up to 2 ubers per team. (there are only 6 or so of us, but still, this rule seems to work well) The way I see it, learning how to take out ubers in small numbers is good training for larger, more important battles.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:46 am
THE POWER IS ON!

No, only Ubers are frowned upon, thanks. And I didn't see any of those in his team.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's something I've never seen before... a Milotic without Mirror Coat.

With Pressure and Double Team, Spiritomb sounds nice, but watch out for Eqarthquake...

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I cant see togekiss being able to handle a powerful sweeper long enough to get Regigigas going. As powerful as Regi is, his ability just crushes him, and while I like the idea with togekiss you can see what I just wrote.

I love the originality in this team, you didn't surcome to peer pressure and make another OU team so I give you props for that.

I am sorry to say though that I doubt this team will be "outstanding" in the competitive world, but I will be more than happy to test that. Let me know when you get your team finished.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Actually, it will probably be a while. I'm just now finishing up the EV training for the 3rd team member. After that, I still need to start and finish Emerald in order to get my other 3 members, and then work on leveling them up. Also, a few TMs still elude me.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Personally, in a battle, I'd allow {regigigas} because of its crippiling ability. This was also said by ClassiK. Sure it has huge stats with good ev's and after 5 turns it turns into superman, but, I'd say that handicap allows more than enough time for a fighting-type physical sweeper such as hitmonchan could finish it off easily.

Also, any pokemon should be allowed. Legendaries shouldn't be turned down because of great stats. The pokemon world is too generalistic.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:01 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

SAIRAM wrote:

No, only Ubers are frowned upon, thanks. And I didn't see any of those in his team.

Well people get mad at me for using normal legends anyway but thanks for telling me that regigigas and celebi were'nt ubers I had a doubt about that.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:22 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Actually, that Hitmonchan weakness is the main reason that I have a Togekiss with Air Slash.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Wouldnt it work better if, instead of follow me, you taught togekiss skill swap, took regigigas' abilityand gave it serene grace, then skill swapped over to your opponent?

another alternative is teaching it protect instead of earthqauke,or thunder/ice punch, thne it could last the five turns on its own (protect, sub, protect, sub, protct, sweep) It would be at half health, but...

I noticed on wi fi a ton of people wanting some of my cloned pokemon for thier regigigas so Im hard at work finding a winning strategium (my own word, strat-ee-jum, it means the same thing as strategy, but sounds cooler in my head!)

If you need rescuing, PM me, I do it for free!

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I hate to burst your bubble....but that first idea is 1) obvious and 2) wrong
I've done some extensive research on Regigigas' ability, and these are my findings:

Skill Swapping will leave it's stats exactly as they are at the time it's used. Meaning they will be eternally low. So this would pretty much just kill me. The exception to this rule, however, is Battle Revolution. Strangely....it's stats will be raised to their normal values when Skill Swapped. Since I'm not going to be on Battle Revolution anytime soon though, I'll keep Follow Me. (If I'm not going to have Follow Me, why even have Togekiss in the first place?)

As for trading Earthquake or Thunderpunch for Protect.... I've considered this, but decided against it. I may change my mind after testing it, but I believe that Follow Me should work well enough to keep him alive. And after those 5 turns, Regigigas is going to need as many physical attacks as possible to sweep the field.

Oh, and not bad on creating the new word. I have a few of my own. "Mayhaps" for example.

Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:33 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Just an idea, not criticism but maybe you should have WoW and Confuse Ray instead of Toxic and WoW. You can't have two status conditions bar confusion and Fire has no Immunities as well as Burn lowering attack. I rest my case. :)

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:26 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I chose both WoW and Toxic because, first of all, Toxic is a killer on it's own and I wanted to be able to do something to those that are immune to it. By having both, I can affect everything. The WoW and Confuse Ray idea, however, might not be half bad. I'll have to try it both ways and find out which works best.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I believe the attack Crush grip will help. That way you can also give a decent attack while subbing. It seems pretty good well done

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

some one correct me if im wrong but im 100% sure that on youre togekiss having psycho shift and softboil is an illegal moveset being that psycho shift is a d/p egg move and soft boil is a emerald (i think) movetutor taught move,roost can sub softboil.

"The whole idea behind Pokemon is to show a child that they can become a "powerful evil force

trainer name:SonGoku
friend code:0516 4095 0257

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:36 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

EQ
Ice Punch
Protect
Return

Togekiss:

Air Slash
Reflect
Roost
Thunder Wave

Once you roost into straight normal type, reflect takes care of your pokes' only weakness. Just an idea.

Shinies: Golem, Raticate

Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:34 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

But wouldn't you then lose STAB for Air Slash?

Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]