Do You Like the Idea?
Poll ended at Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:02 pm
Yes 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
No 85%  85%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 13

A Crazy Idea 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

First, there was OU. Then, UU, 2v2 and CC arrived. Now, a stupid new format arrives...

AO. Arceus only.

The rules- your team must be made up of six Arceus(es). Each one must hold one of the sixteen type-changing plates. They can have any EVs or attack combinations otherwise- and since they learn almost every TM, there's lots of variety.

An example special sweeper:

Arceus@Icicle Plate
Modest- 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Judgement (100 base power spec. attack depending on type of plate)
Thunderbolt
Earth Power
Calm Mind

Physical Sweeper:

Arceus@Fist Plate
Adamant- 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Brick Break
Stone Edge/Rock Slide
Swords Dance
X-Scissor/Extremespeed

Tank:
Arceus@Iron Plate
Calm- 252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 4 HP
Cosmic Power
Recover
Toxic
Flash Cannon

...and so on.

The strategy would be in picking unusual moves or types, and the meta would change constantly. Is the idea good or awful?

Shinies: Golem, Raticate

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:02 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well seeing as there is no possible way to get any legit Arceus anywhere in the world I would have to say this is a very, very bad idea. All this does is encourages cheaters to make hacked pokemon. Maybe after they decide to release his event flute it may be a good idea but since I dont not see this coming in the near future I stick by my words - Bad Idea.

- ClassicK

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well seeing as there is no possible way to get any legit Arceus anywhere in the world I would have to say this is a very, very bad idea. All this does is encourages cheaters to make hacked pokemon. Maybe after they decide to release his event flute it may be a good idea but since I dont not see this coming in the near future I stick by my words - Bad Idea.

Second.

Ghett0 wrote:
No, I'm not some 7 year old. I'm a 8-) cool 8-) nine year old.

{gyarados} [_] {electivire} [x] {swampert} [_]
{porygon-z} [x] {milotic} [x] {drifblim} [_]
</center>

Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It would kind of be a Netbattle-only thing... free Arceus(es) there. Sorry for confusion.

Shinies: Golem, Raticate

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:32 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:13 pm
PROBATION
PROBATION

sorry to burst your bubble but netbattle only has gsc, frlg, and rse guys

unless theres a new version that has diamond pokemon( which accually i really hope there is) then that would be a kind of nice idea but i dont think it does

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:39 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Who votes this goes into the lair?

Who votes you stfu and stop telling everyone what to do?

Blazester wrote:
unless theres a new version that has diamond pokemon( which accually i really hope there is) then that would be a kind of nice idea but i dont think it does

There will be. It's called Competitor, and it's the follow-up to Netbattle; I don't know much about it, but Google can provide all the answers you want.

Anyway, the idea of an Arceus-only game is interesting, although still limited. Out of all the TMs it learns, quite a few are total rubbish. The variety of sets is thus limited, so you'd be seeing the exact same Arceus sets over and over. Nice try for originality, however.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:54 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

A battle like this will show how well a trainer can use an arceus well. It would be like having 4 castform (going off topic a tad, castform should really be able to become rock type with sandstorm) and seeing how well you can work with them as you can change the types. I think it is a good idea.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
A battle like this will show how well a trainer can use an arceus well. It would be like having 4 castform (going off topic a tad, castform should really be able to become rock type with sandstorm) and seeing how well you can work with them as you can change the types. I think it is a good idea.

*pulls out foot long needle* Time to obliterate your protective bubble. In my opinion, any battle with only legendaries used is moronic, since they're stupid, pointless, and annoying. I only use legendaries in game, mainly because using a legendary takes no skill at all. It's already a high level enough level, so training is no challenge.

Also, it's a good way to encourage cheating, and cheaters are dead to me. I hate them.

Using Arceus well? It really isn't that hard to make a good Arceus.

This idea gets the frowny face from me. :(

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: On the left side of the street... Take THAT Society!
Well, I never even use my legendaries; they are all untouched rotting away in their boxes. AO = NO

(that's "no" by the way... xD)

http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=bulkywaters <- Go

Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Where's the skill in using all legendary pokemon, especially Arceus? All you have to do is slap on the most powerful moves of the type you want it to be and there you go.

No strategy, no skill. All of the Arceus will be sweepers. And don't tell me otherwise, because it would be wasteful to give Arceus Roar and Stealth Rock when Stealth Rock does not take advantage of Arceus' awesome power. And everyone knows it.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

....I think most people are missing one important point. When only ubers are used, then they're no longer overpowered and cheap. They just become normal pokemon again because everyone is now on even ground. And I believe that things could then become much more difficult. For the all Arceus thing....it would definitely be different and would be more of a psychology game than anything else: trying to figure out what everyone else will do with him and do the exact opposite.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:36 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Crazy = Going to Battle Tower or Frontier in emerald and Getting a Dymbol or clearing Only using a team something like this:

Feebas
Magikarp
something, maybe unknown?(I dunno?)

Thats what id call craazy,

i think this topic is interesting but i dont really like using Legendaries.

CaN YoU SeE ThE SecreT MessagE
~~~Flaming Aura Unknown~~~
Thanks !www.pokecharms.com!
http://www.myspace.com/ade_ade_ade_ade

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

*pulls out foot long needle* Time to obliterate your protective bubble. In my opinion, any battle with only legendaries used is moronic, since they're stupid, pointless, and annoying. I only use legendaries in game, mainly because using a legendary takes no skill at all. It's already a high level enough level, so training is no challenge.

Also, it's a good way to encourage cheating, and cheaters are dead to me. I hate them.

Using Arceus well? It really isn't that hard to make a good Arceus.

This idea gets the frowny face from me. :(

not all legendaries are high level. one of these days im gonna train my jirachi (lvl 5) and mews (both lvl 10). and i think the point is that everyone has 6 arceus, its just a question of what you do with them. yes they have very good attacking capabilities, but they also gave good defence (because all stats are equal). i think its a decent idea to be perfectly honest, but only if these all arceus teams are only used against each other.

once i challenged a guy on netbattle with team power 90%, 6 ubers, species clause violation just to see what he had. it was 6 rayquazas. so i rechallenged him with a team of 6 of the following:

gengar @ nevermeltice
modest | 252 spd, 252 sp att
ice punch

and of course it won.

Kavrae wrote:
....I think most people are missing one important point. When only ubers are used, then they're no longer overpowered and cheap. They just become normal pokemon again because everyone is now on even ground. And I believe that things could then become much more difficult. For the all Arceus thing....it would definitely be different and would be more of a psychology game than anything else: trying to figure out what everyone else will do with him and do the exact opposite.

i think you hit the nail right on the head. but yeah, it could only be used in a netbattle/competitor style setting, because who is really going to have 6 arceus with appropriate (and different) natures?

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]