It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Battle of Stallers 
THE POWER IS ON!

Aggron is also not meant to "stall" anything; he is a physical tank. Shuckle can't stall for crap. Bastiodon is even worse than Shuckle because he's 4x weak to two extremely common types. And I don't know why you guys think that having high Defenses while having piss-poor HP mean you have high staying power. It's an extremely common mistake that people just can't seem to wrap their minds around.

A Pokemon takes hits the best when its HP and Defenses are closest together. That's why people max Blissey's DEFENSE instead of pouring more HP into her, or why they fill out Dusclops/Dusknoir's HP rather than adding more Defenses. Blissey is a perfect example of how Hit Points are just as important as Defenses when it comes to surviving attacks; it is fairly uncommon to OHKO a Blissey at full health (and max Defense) with an unboosted Physical attack despite Blissey having the Defense of a wet paper bag.

Through the virtue of having high Defenses and not-horrible HP, Registeel automatically wins this "contest." But what good is having a Pokemon that takes hits if it can't inflict any damage in return? Shuckle can't damage anything. Bastiodon can't either. Save me the "Toxitank" speech, especially since so many people who try that strategy do so without a trapping move. (If your opponent is not a retard, he or she will simply SWITCH OUT THEIR TOXIC'D POKEMON.)

At VERY best, Bastiodon can Block something and Toxic it, but he has no way to recover his health besides Resting. Shuckle only has WRAP, which isn't even permanent. And the poor HP makes them much less invincible than people automatically assume, so it's not out of the question that they could be taken down before the foe succumbs to Toxic. Bastiodon, in particular, is nearly OHKOed by a Focus Punch, which is EXTREMELY common, from a Pokemon with 200+ Atk and that's without STAB. Starmie, for one example, can probably 2-3HKO Shuckle with Surf, whereas all Shuckle can do in return is Toxic it and watch as it switches out with Natural Cure.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:46 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

That is about the most sensible statement I have seen since I joined. Registeel will be in my party now. Thanks Frost.

Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2