{absol} @ Leftovers
Hasty| Pressure
EVs - 252 Speed, 129 Defense, 129 Sp. Defense
~Mean Look
~Perish Song
~Protect
~Endure
Perisher

Pretty obvious strategy. Mean Look, Perish Song, Protect, Endure, switch. Intended to take out annoying pokemon that no other member of the party can take out regularly.

{absol} @ Scope Lens
Adamant | Super Luck
EVs - 252 Speed, 252 Attack, 6 HP
~Night Slash
~Psycho Cut/Stone Edge
~Shadow Claw/Stone Edge
~Slash/Swords Dance
Physical Sweeper

Physical Sweeper who tries to focus on Critical Hits.

And

{feraligatr} @ Choice Band/Leftovers
Adamant | Torrent
EVs - 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
~Aqua Tail
~Rock Slide
Physical Sweeper

All around super physical sweeper.

{empoleon} @ Choice Specs/Wise Glasses/Leftovers
Modest | Torrent
EVs - 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Sp. Defense, 6 HP
~Aqua Ring/Yawn/Stealth Rock
~Surf
~Flash Cannon
~Ice Beam
Special Sweeper/Special Tank

Special Sweeper, potential SR, capable of taking multiple special attacks.

I feel both strategies are fairly decent, but like always, one is better than the other, and I would like to know which one is better. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Orkyjork90 on Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Not sure about the absol, but I can guarantee you that the Empoleon you mentioned is an absolute BEAST. I use it myself, and I don't remember it dying outside of the time I tried to face the Elite 4 with an underleveled team.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:34 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I prefer the first Absol just because the strategy of it rivals that of my dusknoir and it is an absolut beast. The empoleon sounds good, it is a pokemon with decent defenses and a good Spc Atk. I dont really use one anymore, I traded my shiny to my other game for EV training and restarted my file for and adamant Infernape.

That {feraligatr} though man, will BE AMAZING with " 252 Atk, 252 spd, AND 252 HP" <- LOL total BEAST :lol: ya may want to fix that orky :roll:

Anyways back to the subject,

1st Absol Choice - In my opinion because I love movesets like that

Empoleon - Maybe an even split of EVs in the Def would be nice to make it an all around tank, just and idea. If you want it as a Spc Tank nvm then lol.

Feraligatr - An electivire would be able to cover that moveset just as well with better atk and spd, but a huge loss in def. One EQ and you are bye bye, its just a personal decision. You already know my Moveset orky

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:47 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I am concerned with my first Absol because the combo requires two turns of unprotected setting up. So if Absol is hit hard with a few solid shots, than the strategy fails and it is a wasted slot. Also, I'm moderately new to the Protect system. If I were to alternate between Protects and Detects, would I still be hit with the chances of landing halving. Meaning, if I use Protect, will Detect also have a 1/2 chance of working? If so, I could use those to stall for time as I let Leftovers recover me, and than potentially take out two pokemon.

Also, gotta love the Penguin.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Im pretty that it doesn't work like that, Protect used consecutively will only lower protects Acc and Detect with only lower detects Acc

A little question on the first Absol, Why have Hasty Nature, since it has no damaging attacks why not Jolly or Timid Nature, get the speed bonus without having to sacrifice defense

Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Im pretty that it doesn't work like that, Protect used consecutively will only lower protects Acc and Detect with only lower detects Acc

A little question on the first Absol, Why have Hasty Nature, since it has no damaging attacks why not Jolly or Timid Nature, get the speed bonus without having to sacrifice defense

Simple... I misread the chart. Hehe.....

Right-o, so it seems people favor the first Absol and Empoleon. Which is good because my team has too many physical sweepers as it is.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:34 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well, I like the second Absol because I have used a set like that before. But, since you said that you already had quite a few physical sweepers, I would use the first set. Same with the Empoleon/Feraligtor debate. Go with Empoleon because of its special sweeping abilities.

Name: Erik
Friend Code: 1160 9109 9627

Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The second Absol is better. And Protect, Detect, and Endure all work on the same counter. If you use one of them, it works. Then the next turn they have a 50% chance of working. The chance is halved each time and is reset when Protect/Detect fail. Endure failing doesn't reset it.

If you want a Perishtrapper, use Mismagius.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:23 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well to me it looks like the Feraligatr and the Physical Sweeper Absol would be highly effective,the Perisher Absol is a nice tactic too,but sadly most people can counter empoleon due to the massive overlode of EQ in D/P.All around good movesets though.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
Well, on you second Absol, there's no reason for Shadow Claw if you have Night Slash, so you're going to want Stone Edge.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]