It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Psypoke Trivia - September 19th! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You can regulate... how? IP tracking? How do you know we won't check our DS's or go on another site for info? XD

Image Image

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

timaeus222 wrote:
You can regulate... how? IP tracking? How do you know we won't check our DS's or go on another site for info? XD

If winning matters that much to someone, so be it. I, on the other hand, would rather play it to have fun, whether or not I get correct answers.

Not accusing anyone or pinpointing them, by the way.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

timaeus222 wrote:

Shasticus wrote:
Also I don't think you can really regulate this but how do you feel about searching the site for the answer to the questions? I don't plan to do said action I'm just wondering how you feel about it... though I don't see why someone would, it would most likely take to long to find the information >_>

Why do people even need to ask these questions? You don't need to cheat and you shouldn't. If you cheat, you'll probably lose anyways because it takes a while to find the answers. Also, why would someone go to another site for the answers? Krisp already said that this was for fun. The prizes are an added bonus. I am excited to be a part of this and it's less than 3 weeks away. So please stop asking questions about cheating, (and I'm not saying that you are going to cheat), because I'm not even hosting this event and I'm getting annoyed. It must be like 10 times worse for Krisp.

I also agree with Registeel_Rocks, I would rather play to have fun, using the knowledge I have on Pokemon, whether I get the right answer or not.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Psychic_Espeon_16 wrote:

Why do people even need to ask these questions? You don't need to cheat and you shouldn't. If you cheat, you'll probably lose anyways because it takes a while to find the answers. Also, why would someone go to another site for the answers? Krisp already said that this was for fun. The prizes are an added bonus. I am excited to be a part of this and it's less than 3 weeks away. So please stop asking questions about cheating, (and I'm not saying that you are going to cheat), because I'm not even hosting this event and I'm getting annoyed. It must be like 10 times worse for Krisp.

I also agree with Registeel_Rocks, I would rather play to have fun, using the knowledge I have on Pokemon, whether I get the right answer or not.

Hey, I just want this trivia contest to be fair. People who think they're above the rules that decide to cheat just ruin the fun in this. I for one am not gonna, of course.

Image Image

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

For the people worried about cheating, let me say that most of the time, it won't work. If you've even been to a Psypoke trivia (unlikely for some of you since we haven't had one in forever), you'd know that giant floods of answers are given mere seconds after the questions are asked. Unless the question is very unusually specific and references something nobody would care to remember (generally most of them aren't), one who would decide to cheat would be late by a long shot. I'm willing to bet some questions will have a correct guess before you have a chance to switch your window to your browser.

Regardless of people who attempt to cheat, I still recommend that everybody comes. Psypoke trivia events are tons of fun (especially when nobody whines).

Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
timaeus222 wrote:

If winning matters that much to someone, so be it. I, on the other hand, would rather play it to have fun, whether or not I get correct answers.

Not accusing anyone or pinpointing them, by the way.

I agree completely.

Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:48 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sounds fun i'll try to be there, if my school work doesn't pile up on me......

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:32 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

oh boy i hope the knowledge ive gained from playing over the years will really help me in getting the pokemon i need :)
and i really hope not many people will cheat i mean i know its hard but some people will be jerks but it sounds like alot of FUN anyway!! :D

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What does the custom rank mean? And I thought of a problem. What if the third place winner has the name change prize left over and doesn't want it?

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

swampert_rox wrote:
What does the custom rank mean? And I thought of a problem. What if the third place winner has the name change prize left over and doesn't want it?

Well, to put it bluntly, too bad for you. You could negotiate with other prizewinners to change prizes, but it is doubtful that a special exception would be made because you don't like your prize. Of course, it's not up to me to say, but remember that there could be no prizes at all.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Awesome! I am SO in. If I remember, that is...

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:22 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Serpentsounds wrote:
swampert_rox wrote:

Well, to put it bluntly, too bad for you. You could negotiate with other prizewinners to change prizes, but it is doubtful that a special exception would be made because you don't like your prize. Of course, it's not up to me to say, but remember that there could be no prizes at all.

I didn't mean for me (I doubt I'll get a prize at all), just wondering. But what does the custom rank mean?

Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:50 am
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

swampert_rox wrote:

I didn't mean for me (I doubt I'll get a prize at all), just wondering. But what does the custom rank mean?

The custom rank would replace your normal rank with one with a name of your choice, provided it is appropriate. Inappropriate rank names include profane material or something implying you are staff. Your rank is that bit of text below your name saying Bug Catcher, Dragon Tamer, Pokemon Ranger, etc.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

what time is it at??

Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

shinxfan23 wrote:
what time is it at??

Please read the first post.

Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Awsum!
Silver was my favourite of the series lets see if i can brush up on some know how :D

Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yay!!! Is the triva still going on today? I can't wait!!!!!

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:49 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Oh wow, I didn't even realize today was the 19th. The likelihood of me attending is about 50% right now.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:16 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I was thinking about cancelling trivia because I had a party to go to, but I stayed sober enough to host trivia and I came home early. I might try to rush things a bit though because they're still up there and I might go back, but we'll see what kind of turnout I get first.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

To sum it up, TonberryKing, Rhapsody, and NinjaBlack ran away with it, while I basically knocked myself out of a three way tie. Thanks for hosting this, Krisp, it was a lot of fun.

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2