It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:12 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Psypoke Trainer Cards FAQs 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Trainer Card FAQs

-Posted on 24 Sep 2006
-Updated on 16 Dec 2007

Hello everybody. Note that this is only a General Information and FAQs thread. All queries and comments should still go to the existing thread about the Trainer Cards, which will function as a 'Trainer Card News Thread' of some sort from now on. That thread can be found here: viewtopic.php?t=20917

I've put up this thread to (hopefully) answer all of your queries since information about Psypoke's official Trainer Cards hasn't been updated for some time, and several questions have repeatedly been raised about the Trainer Cards system.

First of all, let me clarify that I do not want to receive PMs about Trainer Cards, so if you have any issues to raise regarding them, please do so only in the Trainer Card News thread.

Outline

1. Basic Information
- Background information
- Rules, Regulations and other Guidelines
- Request/Update Forms
- The Ribbons

2. FAQs
-2.1 Why does the page simply refresh when I submit my request form?
-2.2 Why does it take so long for my Trainer Card to be made?
-2.3 When I tried to update my Trainer Card, the form told me that I did not have a Trainer Card. What's up with that?
-2.4 Why is my Trainer Card still the same after the update? My rank hasn't changed at all!
-2.5 Can I edit my Trainer Card? I only want to make some minor changes!
-2.6 The Trainer Sprite that I want is not available! Where is Agatha, Brock and co.?
-2.7 I lost the code for my Trainer Card. What should I do?

1. Basic Information

1.1 Background Information - What are the Trainer Cards?

The official Psypoke Trainer Cards started out as a project initiated by Amphy, and was later taken over by yours truly, with the help of Tonberryking who automated the request lists and a large part of the process. They are meant to serve as a form of common identity for all Psypoke members, basically. Note that it is not mandatory for you to use one, and as such please request for one only if you plan to use it.

1.2 Rules, Regulations and other Guidelines

- No fake cards whatsoever, which means that there should be NO EDITING of the Trainer Cards, nor are you allowed to take any part of the Trainer Card for your own personal use.

- Only members above the rank of Bug Catcher and who are not under any disciplinary control will be able to make applications for Trainer Cards. This means that people on probation and banned members will not have their requests processed. In addition, please be sure that your post count is safely above the minimum requirement of 25 posts. There have been times when members request for one, only for their request to be rejected when their posts are deleted because they were spam, thus causing their post count to be below 25. You don't want to waste your Psybucks, so please ensure that your post count is safely above the minimum requirement.

NEW RULE: If you send a TC request, but revert back to the Bug Catcher rank after the application is complete, I will not reject the request; I'll still help you make a Trainer Card, but the most recent Rank will be displayed on your Trainer Card.

- Please do not PM me or any other moderators asking about the Trainer Cards =)

1.3 Request/Update Forms

Here is the link to the New Request form. Use this form if you wish to make a new request, or if you wish to change the Pokemon and Trainer images on your existing Trainer Card. You will be charged 20 Psybucks automatically upon submitting the form.

Link: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/profile.php?mode=trainercard

Please try not to choose Unown. For some reason choosing Unown always messes up the information on your Trainer Card.

Here is the link to the Update Form. Use this only if you wish to change your Rank and/or add the Psyquest Ribbon only.

Link: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/profile.php?mode=trainerrequest

The code for the Trainer Card will be sent to you via PM upon completion. Please keep the PM or write down the code somewhere. Don't lose it.

Note that you will not receive the Trainer Card immediately, for time is needed for me to make the Trainer Cards. Typically the request list is cleared once every fortnight or so, so please wait patiently for your Trainer Card to be done. Whenever a batch of cards are completed, a list of members whose Trainer Cards have been completed will be posted in the News Thread. If your name is in the list, but you have not received your Trainer Card, please post in that thread to let me know. If you do not see your name in the lists posted since you've filled in a request form, you might not have submitted the form properly. In that case, likewise post in the thread to let me know so further action can be taken.

1.4 The Ribbons

Ribbons are added to one's Trainer Cards as medals to award event participation, winning forum competitions, contributions to the community, etc.

Here is a list of Ribbons and the requirements for getting them:

Here's what you have to do when you wish to update your TC with a particular Ribbon.

-For Psyquest Ribbon:
Use the Update Form. Link is available above.

-For Trivia Ribbons:
You do not have to do anything. Ribbons will be added automatically after Trivia is over.

-For Jeopardy Ribbons:
Likewise, they are automatically added by me after each Jeopardy event.

-For Song Game Ribbons:
Please post in the News Thread with a link to the relevant Song Game.

-For Art Club Ribbons:
Typically they'll be automatically added as well, but if you find that you've been missed out, please post in the News Thread to enquire.

-For Raters and Game Guides Ribbons:
They will be added automatically to deserving people. The decision will be based on feedback from the Psypoke Staff.

-For the 6000 Psybucks Ribbon
Make the Psybucks payment to me, stating that you want the Ribbon. Payment has to be made direct, so if you do not have the full amount of Psybucks on hand, you won't get the item.

2. FAQs

2.1 Why does the page simply refresh when I submit my request form?
Ans: Don't worry, that's supposed to happen. DO NOT send in another request form. Wait till the next batch of Trainer Cards are completed. You should receive the Trainer Card by then. If not, you probably did send in the form incorrectly, so enquire about it in the News Thread.

2.2 Why does it take so long for my Trainer Card to be made?
Ans: Despite the automation of the Trainer Card System, some things still have to be done manually, so making the Trainer Cards takes time. Please be patient and wait for your Trainer Card to be done. If you need a Trainer Card desperately, you may be able to get other members to make you unofficial ones in Slateport Market. Here's a link to Slateport Market: viewforum.php?f=36

2.3 When I tried to update my Trainer Card, the form told me that I did not have a Trainer Card. What's up with that?
Ans: That's because your previous Trainer Card was made before the Trainer Card System was automated, and thus your name is not in the current registry. In this case, request for a new card, and post in the News Thread stating this. You will be reimbursed with 15 Psybucks since that's the extra cost associated with making a new request instead of sending an update request.

2.4 Why is my Trainer Card still the same after the update? My rank hasn't changed at all!
Ans: That's because the new card uses the same code as the previous card, and thus merely overwrites the previous file. Your browser therefore loads the previous image. To overcome this, press ctrl+F5 (simply clicking 'Refresh' is not sufficient) to refresh your browser. If that still doesn't work, try clearing your cache (cookies, history, etc.) first.

2.5 Can I edit my Trainer Card? I only want to make some minor changes!
Ans: Well, you read the rules, so that's a definite 'no'. However, exceptions can be made occasionally, so if you are adamant that you should be allowed to edit your Trainer Card, post in the News Thread to check if the change is allowed before doing the change.

2.6 The Trainer Sprite that I want is not available! Where is Agatha, Brock and co.?
Ans: Go to your Profile page, scroll down to the bottom and click "Show Gallery" to view Psypoke Forum's Gallery of Trainer Sprites. Note that most if not all of the Trainer Images in the 'Leaders' section is restricted to Psypoke Staff members only. Thus, if what you want is in that section, please choose something else instead. On the other hand, if what you want is in the 'Trainers' or 'FireRedLeafGreen' section, post in the News Thread to enquire. If I'm not wrong some of the images are not in the Request Form, but are available for use.

2.7 I lost the code for my Trainer Card. What should I do?
Ans: As per all other queries, post in the News Thread. I'll send you the code again. Note that this only adds trouble to me, so I advise all to save their TC code somewhere so you do not lose it.

-------------------------------

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:56 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:33 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]