|Halloween Jeopardy and Trivia: Both wrap-ups posted
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||tiger10x [ Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:51 am ]|
|Post subject:||Halloween Jeopardy and Trivia: Both wrap-ups posted|
At the beginning of Jeopardy, there was a contest to decide who had the best Halloween name, and the winner would have gotten a lot of Psybucks. Well, just how much was going to be determined, but because the winner was a part of the staff, it wasn't needed. And the winner...
"the_forums" by our local guest administrator.
And the winners of both the jeopardy and trivia, DragonPhoenix and Gardevoir~ respectively, received their special name-changes. DragonPhoenix chose KASEY`S FACE, and Gardevoir~ chose ReDead. Congratulations.
As for other secrets that I wanted to include, none of them were actually poked at, so I'll just have to save them for next time.
Winner: KASEY`S_FACE (DragonPhoenix) 6399
Runner up: Karnage (Krisp) 1999
Third overall/non-staff runner up: Razor_in_the_Apple (Sparrow) 1201
Draculatias (RaichuLatias) 999
Third non-staff: FACE_OF_MICHAEL_JACKSON (mr.m.m.j) 801
Cait_Sith (Frost) 00000
Grim_Reaper (poplers) -601
AZN_DRIVER (PixelTwist) -1601
RBY 200 * HM01 contains this move.
What is Cut?
RBY 400 * This person gives you the S.S. Ticket.
Who is Bill?
RBY 600 * In Yellow, your rival uses this Pokemon as his Fire-type in his champion position if he does not use Flareon.
What is Wrap?
Daily Double RBY * TM06 contains this move.
What is Toxic?
RBY 1000 * This key is needed to open doors at Silph Co.
What is the Card Key?
GSC 200 * The first available Ruins of Alph puzzle features this Pokemon.
What is Kabuto?
GSC 400 * After you defeat Erika, she rewards you with this TM (move name).
What is Giga Drain?
GSC 600 These two Pokemon are tied for the highest max Attack stat.
What are Dragonite and Tyranitar?
GSC 800 * This type of a trainer (ex: Blackbelt) will call you about Marill swarms.
What is a Hiker?
GSC 1000 * Wesley appears at this area on a Wednesday.
Where is Lake of Rage?
RSE 200 * In what town does the woman that tells you your Pokemon's happiness live?
Where is Verdanturf?
RSE 400 * TM50 contains this move.
What is Overheat?
RSE 600 * This is the title of the Battle Palace's Brain.
Who/what is the Palace Maven?
RSE 800 * A Snorlax Doll costs this much BP.
What is 128?
RSE 1000 * This is the most commonly "picked up" item in the Battle Pyramid.
What is Hyper Potion?
FRLG 200 * This item stores all of your TMs.
What is the TM Case?
FRLG 400 * These two items are needed to repair Celio's machine.
What are the Ruby and Sapphire?
FRLG 600 * This pass is needed to reach islands Four through Seven.
What is the Rainbow Pass?
FRLG 800 * This is the name of Two Island.
What is Boon?
FRLG 1000 * The Double-edge move tutor can be found here.
Where is Victory Road?
DP 200 * This person gives you TM57.
Who is Volkner?
DP 400 * Transferred Pokemon from RSE/FRLG are caught here.
Where is Pal Park?
DP 600 * This is the form of currency in the Underground.
What are Spheres?
DP 800 * TM76 contains this move.
What is Stealth Rock?
DP 1000 * This type of sphere is necessary for acquiring the Mudkip doll.
What is Blue?
Misc 200 * Anime: Although Max does not have any Pokemon, he did promise this one that he would return for it later.
What is Ralts?
Misc 400 * TCG: This Pokemon is number 1/62 in the Fossil set.
What is Aerodactyl?
Misc 600 * PMD: The Bullitin Board is outside of this structure.
What/where is the post office?
Misc 800 * Stadium 2: There is a total of this many mini-games.
What is 12?
Misc 1000 * PMD: This Pokemon is in charge of the storage system.
What is Kangaskhan?
Dex 400 * "One of the legendary bird Pokemon. It is said that its appearance indicates the coming of spring."
What is Moltres?
Dex 800 * This is Happiny's base HP stat.
What is 100?
Dex 1200 * This is the only non-Flying type capable of having the ability Tangled Feet.
What is Spinda?
Dex 1600 * This is Pidgey's Japanese name.
What is Poppo?
Dex 2000 * "It hangs off branches and absorbs nutrients. When it finishes eating, its body becomes so heavy that it drops to the ground with a thump."
What is Seedot?
Tech 400 * "Often lost in thought" denotes that this stat is the highest (or tied).
What is Special Attack?
Tech 800 * Attacking a Pokemon with this ability with a draining move will hurt you rather than heal you.
What is Liquid Ooze?
Daily Double Tech * This Nature likes spicy but dislikes sweet.
What is Brave?
Tech 1600 * Steel is resistant to this many attack types.
What is 11?
Tech 2000 * There are this many visible different trainer id numbers.
What is 65536?
Psypoke 400 * This is the name of Psypoke's attack library.
What is the TechDex?
Psypoke 800 * This is the TCG forum's Halloween name.
What is Bermuda Triangle?
Psypoke 1200 * This Pokemon appears on the index page under all the main site updates.
What is Gardevoir?
Psypoke 1600 * In Jigglypuff's last main site update, he quoted a song from this band.
Who is My Chemical Romance?
Psypoke 2000 * In the summary of it, I compared the poll of jeopardy vs. trivia to this.
What is a roller coaster?
Recycled 400 * This Berry restores 10 HP in GSC.
What is Berry?
Recycled 800 * Psypoke: PPC stands for this phrase.
What is the Psychic Pokemon Connection?
Recycled 1200 * In DP, event Pokemon can be obtained with the Azure Flute.
What is Arceus?
Recycled 1600 * In FRLG, this is the tutorial system.
What is Teachy TV?
Recycled 2000 * This many flowers are in Floaroma Town.
What is 481?
Crossword 400 * An Eeveelution. (8)
What is Vaporeon?
Crossword 800 * The unevolved form of a once-disputed legendary. (5)
What is Riolu?
Crossword 1200 * A headache-prone Pokemon. (7)
What is Psyduck?
Crossword 1600 * The Pokemon with the shortest name. (3)
What is Mew/Muk?
Crossword 2000 * A Fire-type Gym Leader. (6)
Who is Blaine?
Color 400 * Purple is a mix of these two colors.
What are red and blue?
Color 800 * A stop sign is this color.
What is red?
Color 1200 * A green light is generally this color.
What is green?
Daily Double Color * This is the background color of the forum in hexadecimal.
What is 003E5E?
Color 2000 * These are tiger's two favorite colors.
What are orange and gold?
Final Clue * Pokedex entry: "It is encased in a steel shell. Its peering eyes are all that can be seen of its mysterious innards."
What is Forretress?
Winner: ReDead (Gardevoir~) 18
Runner-up: Sneaselstein (Sneaky Sneasel) 14
Non-staff runner-up/third overall: Serpentsounds 10
Guest274 (FireStarter) 4.5
Non-staff third: SkyBlitz 3.5
Pumpkin (Inta_Xonem) 3
The_Psycho_Path (roar of time) 3
KASEY`S_FACE (DragonPhoenix) 3
FunkyMedicham (pelligargetic) 1
SpookySparrow (Sparrow) 1
DracuLatias (RaichuLatias) 1
the_anti-tiger666x (tiger10x) 4.5 (For stumping!)
1. (GSC) What type of PokeBall does Kurt give you after the Slowpoke Well incident?
2. (FRLG) What HM was in RBY but not included in FRLG?
3. (XD) Name three of the six attacks that Mew can learn from XD.
Faint Attack, Fake Out, Hypnosis, Night Shade, Trick, Zap Cannon
4. (DP) In what city are the meteorites that allow you to change Deoxys' form?
5. (RBY) What TM (move name) is the most expensive at the Game Corner?
6. (Dex) What is Magikarp's second highest base stat?
7. (Tech) What nature is last alphabetically?
8. (Anime) What Pokemon does Dawn choose as her starter?
9. (Dex) What Pokemon is national dex number 249?
10. (DP) 2 POINTS: How many flowers are in Floaroma Town?
11. (PMD) What is the highest difficulty in a rescue mission?
12. (RBY) What Pokemon do you start with in Yellow?
13. (GSC) What word relates to Unown P?
14. (RSE) How many decorations can you have in your secret base?
15. (DP) Who do you battle first in the Elite Four?
16. (TCG) What was the name of the first TCG set?
17. (Ranger) What is the maximum energy of the styler?
18. (RBY) What key item does the Vermillion Pokemon Club President give you?
19. (FRLG) What is the name of Six Island?
20. (Halloween) What holiday follows Halloween? Hint: its name comes from "Hallow's Eve."
All Saints Day
21. (Psypoke) Who came up with the name "The Psypoke Liberry"? Spell his/her Halloween name correctly.
22. (RSE) What HM (move name) does Steven give you?
23. (Misc) What Pokemon-related character has been announced as a newcomer in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?
24. (Misc) Also in SSBB, what appears on the screen during Pokemon Trainer's Final Smash?
"It's super effective!"
25. (GSC) What move is temporarily an HM in GSC?
26. (Tech) What is the only move with a recoil of 1/2 damage?
27. (Dex) What base stat total do the legendary trios have? (Articuno, Entei, Regice, etc)
28. (DP) What is the difference between male and female Skarmory sprites?
29. (FRLG) Where can you find the Secret Key?
30. (Dex) 2 POINTS: Blastoise is to Magnemite as Pidgey is to...
Combusken (National dex numbers squared)
31. (GSC) What move is TM20?
32. (RBY) What is the highest number route in the game?
33. (Psypoke) What Halloween name temporarily replaced the Announcements forum?
34. (GSC) What is Clair's highest level Pokemon?
35. (Dex) What type of a Pokemon is Skorupi?
36. (Snap) What is the vehicle that you ride in called?
37. (Anime) What Pokemon did May first (and unsuccessfully) try to help Professor Birch out with?
38. (Tech) What is the amount of stat points given by a max amount of EVs in one stat?
39. (Psypoke) Who has the most recently updated PsyBlog page? (Halloween name)
40. (Halloween) Jack-o-lanterns are typically carved from what?
1. (Misc) Name a Fire-type Pokemon.
2. (GSC) Who is the first Gym Leader?
3. (Tech) What is Peck's base power?
4. (Tech) What is Sketch's PP?
5. (GSC) Name any Berry.
6. (Anime) What is Ash's Japanese name?
7. (Dex) What is Charizard's base speed?
8. (Dex) What is Mew's base HP?
9. (Misc) What game introduced the Battle Tower?
10. (Misc) Name a Psychic-type attack.
11. (RBY) What town do you start in?
12. (GSC) Name a city in Johto.
13. (DP) Name a new baby Pokemon.
14. (Misc) What Ability raises STAB's boost?
15. (DP) What is Barboach's new alternate Ability?
16. (DP) With a Level 1-10 Pokemon, what is the most common item to "pick up" with Pick Up?
17. (DP) In what town is the daycare center?
18. (Tech) What is the highest number an IV can be?
19. (Tech) What is the lowest number an IV can be?
20. (Misc) Name any Pokemon that is not a Grass, Fire, Water, Electric, Ice, Flying, Ground, Dark, Ghost, Psychic, Poison, Bug, Fighting, Steel, Dragon, or Rock-type. (Normal is left)
Name as many multi-word attacks (ones with a space) as you can. Examples: "Roar of Time" and "Rock Slide" but not "Double-edge." (You may not use the examples in your answer)
...a tie!? How could a tie in such a heated battle in which the victor reigns over Halloween festivities possibly be resolved? Sudden death poll? Winner takes all? Fight to the death? Or maybe I decided by casting a vote myself....
But that might spark complaints from the losing side. So how did I choose which one? Well, I've never tried a trivia before, so trying something new would be cool. But then again, jeopardy has been really successful and is what I've come up with here. So my vote, just like everyone else's, did indeed count in this tie. One side would have to lose....
Suspense. It can be a redundant but oddly satisfying effect. When the poll started, jeopardy shot off at a lead: 3-0. But trivia caught back up quickly to tie: 3-3. Word spread, and jeopardy regained its lead: 7-4. Trivia, not to be outdone, dared to come back again and even took its first lead: 7-8. But not for long: 8-8. A day later, the tie progressed: 10-10. And then jeopardy got it right back: 11-10, then 12-10. Only a couple days left, and trivia needed more support... and it got some: 12-11. And with a day to spare, tied back up: 12-12. And here we stand, at the peak of the roller coaster poll itching to know which one tiger chose, whether it be trivia or jeopardy...
Scroll down for the answer, but be warned: it may not be what you voted for...
Actually, it isn't what you voted for; it's better.
Both! If this, for some ironic reason, disappoints you, well isn't that just too bad.
Trivia: Friday, October 26th at 7:00 PM EST in #psypoketrivia.
Jeopardy: Saturday, October 27th at 7:00 PM EST in #psypokejeopardy.
For details on joining the chats, click here for the java applet and a link for downloading mIRC. To join the respective rooms, type "/join #psypokejeopardy" or "/join #psypoketrivia" (without the quotes obviously).
1. Do not argue if you thought that you buzzed in/answered before someone else. Everything is based on what appears on my screen only.
2. Do not PM any ops, especially me. If you have a complaint/question/whatever, wait until a break.
3. Do not use /me or similar.
4. Do not use any reference materials (such as the site).
5. You must identify yourself as your forum name in order to be eligible for a prize.
Jeopardy specific rules:
6. Answers MUST be given in a question format such as "What is Pikachu?". This will be taken loosely, but drastic mixups between "where" and "who" will be called incorrect. (Pokemon are considered as "what"s)
7. Special op/voice rule: try not to talk while someone is answering a question.
8. Tiger != Alex Trebek.
Prizes and some surprises:
Trivia King/Queen rank for non-staff winner.
Psybucks for non-staff winner: 2000
Psybucks for non-staff runner-up: 1000
Psybucks for non-staff third: 500
Psybucks for all others: 25 per point (with half-points rounded up for this)
Psybucks for top three non-staff: Equal to points
Psybucks for other people with > 50 points: Equal to half amount of points
Psybucks for yet other people with > -5000 points: 25
Psybucks for leftover people with <= -5000 points: 1 (for effort)
Prizes for both:
The respective trainer card ribbons for top three total and other participants.
Voice (+v) in #psypoke for the top two non-staff lasting one week.
Jeopardy sports a bunch of new scripts for efficiency and quickness.
Trivia will include the Jumble Jam.
Halloween is the time to be creative, and it's time for mods to share a tiny bit of fun with the members. As mentioned by the previous incarnation of this post, people will be able to use a Halloween-style name in each event. You will need to identify yourself when you get there. You can use a different name for either event, so be creative, and it just may pay off.
And stemming from that, the non-staff winners for each event (or winner if one wins both) will be allowed a free temporary Halloween name change to whatever they chose.
Finally, there are a few special "spot prizes" that just may be in store for attendants at both times. One thing is very blatantly hinted at, but another couple might lurk out. Be prepared and have fun.
Are the questions Pokemon-related?
Yes, but there may be a couple unique questions.
Will freezing be in effect?
In trivia yes, but not in jeopardy.
Does only "buzz" work for buzzing in? (Jeopardy only)
Yes, so you better type it out first and wait for -m to press enter. Even missing a "z" or using colors would cause the script to skip over you.
What happens to rule-breakers?
Something very very bad. :O
Why can't I talk when I get in there?
This would be supposing that you're late and +m is set. This usually means that it is between questions.
What are the commands that will be in Jeopardy?
!chart (between questions) and !stop (during an answer) will be in effect. This time, I'm planning a special system that chooses the question when the chooser says "!q category amount" and details will be given at the time. As for myself, I have roughly thirty other scripts that I need to implement.
How will typos be dealt with?
If they are understandable, they will be acceptable. Example "pI9oqjjy" will not be accepted for "Pikachu" whereas "Oikakchu" would be fine (and amusing).
Why should I go?
Because it's something really fun and worthwhile. Even though it may not be hosted by an Elite or Lite, it's still a community event for fun. (And because I said so )
|Author:||Ghett0 [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:12 pm ]|
I chose Trivia. I just like the way the trivia s are done.
|Author:||Peanut-Lover [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:29 pm ]|
No way - jeopardy is much better.
|Author:||Ghost Writer [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:37 pm ]|
That, and the ability to type fast doesn't matter. You just have to think fast. So, Jeapordy gets my vote.
|Author:||Jordan W [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:44 pm ]|
defently jeporday, gives a chance for slow typers like me
|Author:||Mega_Horn [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm ]|
Definetely jeopardy. No need for typing fast, but, as Ghost Writer said, you just need to think fast.
|Author:||Ghett0 [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:41 pm ]|
I say trivia though because I'm a fast typer.
|Author:||CharmedJoey [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:21 pm ]|
I voted for 'Trivia', simply because I didn't really understand the 'Jeopardy' rules.
|Author:||DragonPhoenix [ Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:53 am ]|
maybe trivia with a 3-2-1 scoring system, with the fastest three getting the points?
|Author:||tiger10x [ Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:54 pm ]|
Bump: see first post.
|Author:||Ghett0 [ Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:39 am ]|
DP, what about people copying off each other?
|Author:||tiger10x [ Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:25 pm ]|
Trivia wrap-up posted. Make sure to come to tomorrow's jeopardy.
|Author:||Krisp [ Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:15 pm ]|
HAHAHAHA. Best Halloween name ever. =p
Edit: Congratulations to Gardevoir~ and DragonPhoenix. Ranks were changed (trivia King and Queen respectfully) and their forum names were changed to ReDead and KASEY'S FACE.
|Author:||tiger10x [ Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:54 pm ]|
Jeopardy wrap-up posted and congrats again to the winners.
|Author:||Jordan W [ Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:50 am ]|
I Cant Belive i was grounded and missed it
|Author:||sN0wBaLL [ Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:25 pm ]|
Ribbons (for top 3 and participation) for both Jeopardy and Trivia have been added to the respective participants. For more details, please refer to the TC News Thread, which will be updated shortly.
Please post here if you have been left out even though you qualify for a ribbon.
|Author:||Ghett0 [ Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:44 pm ]|
I participated in the trivia.
|Author:||sN0wBaLL [ Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:52 pm ]|
The Trivia Wrap Up doesn't reflect that you got any points in Trivia.
In any case, please post in the News thread regarding TC matters. Don't send me PMs, nor reply to the TC PM sent to you. Such PMs clog up my PM inbox quickly and it's annoying.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group