It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:24 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The End Of Teams 
Author Message
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:22 am
Posts: 815
Post 
If it is not bandwidth space, so WHY?

FireStarter wrote:
Also, we don't delete 0-post accounts because those people may wish to post in the future.

Erm... There are people who joined back in 2005 Jan and still no posts. Do we need to "keep" those accounts?

pelligargetic wrote:
The whole FORUM is supposed to be like family. The teams take away from that majorly.

Serious? There are over 10.000 members, pelli.

Vulpine wrote:
The teams are a bit like families. It's where people know each other best.

That is what I feel.

_________________
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination

The Jonatron wrote:
Xatu Unlickely this guy wont get powered.


Sun May 13, 2007 12:05 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:23 pm
Posts: 1959
Location: Va
Post 
Did you guys even think to talk to the leaders and ask us to justify keeping them going? Inferno just completed the Pokemon Relations Game that I made and everyone has said it was fun. Not only that, I have another project planned for Inferno that I was ready to launch some time next week after I got done with finals.

This is probably the worst decision I have seen made here by any admins.

You want some reasons to keep the teams? Ok, here's a few:

1. Team members can have the fun of being on Psypoke and participating in activities here without the same rules that are in other sections. For example, if we want to make our own EC's without worrying if it's already been done, we can. If we want to make an RP without waiting for it to get approved, we can.

2. It helps give members a sense of individualism that sets them apart from other forum members. Look around the forum and just see how many people have Team [X] banners, trainer cards, animations, or whatever in their sig. These people enjoy belonging to the teams.

3. Your reasons for ending the teams have no basis.
• The previous admins were the ones who didn't go through with Survivor, Psypoke Isle. Not us.
• How are the teams attracting the wrong type of posters or preventing respectable posters from joining psypoke? In all the time I've been in Inferno, which has been since less than a month after I joined psypoke, I can recall maybe four people who behaved in a noob-like manner with bad grammar and horrible spelling. Plus, I doubt 5 sections at the bottom of the main page deters anyone from joining the forum.
• If you want to look at a section that attracts noobs, the there are other sections which attract newcomers who post there who can't spell or use grammar and post multiple topics that ask the same question.
• If you guys are having problems with some teams, take it up with their leaders. If the leaders aren't willing to stick around, find someone who is and is willing to do the job. Don't blame the rest of the Psypoke Isle for the screw-ups of others.
• The same goes for team members. Since I became one of the leaders of Inferno, I think we've only required mod maintainence twice. Once when both CD and I were on hiatus because of school-related assignments and the other was when you came in and locked the thread a troller had made. A troller who I went to bat for and talked to you about, FireStarter, until I found out he was just trolling. And I will remind you, the reason I did it was because he was on Team Inferno and I felt it was my responsiblity as leader. Some leaders are responsible and have teams that want to keep going. Don't blame us for what irresponsible members have done
• Krisp, I don't know which three teams's leaders you had problems with, but it wasn't me nor CD. I know it wasn't me and CD was preoccupied with his art school/shop threads at the time. Don't punish responsible team members for what other team leaders did. Also, FireStarter has said that the decision has nothing to do with bandwidth.
• You guys were irresponsible in your decision making. You didn't consult the leaders to ask us our opinions, heck, you didn't even talk to sNOwBaLL about this.
• These activities that are "NATO", how are they everyone's fault? I know CD has been aching for an inter-team art contest and never gets a confirmation reply from other teams. Again, your blaming some for what others have done. Also, a lot of trouble comes from when they are introduced. I gaurentee that if you wait for the summer, these inter-team activities will start showing up.
• If you only want this forum to be about pokemon, why aren't you also deleting the General Discussion, Music Discussion, Video Game Discussion, Sports Discussion, and the TV/Movies/Books Discussion Sections as well as making it a rule that all activities, competitions, fan art, fan fictions, RPs, and stuff for sale in the Slateport Market have to be pokemon related?
• The most important reason that your decision to delete the teams has no basis is that you guys are contradicting yourselves. You say that the sections have gone dead and that no one posts there anymore. Yet, you also say that people have attachments to them and that Midnight, Inferno, and Hydro have a significant amount of activity going on in them. So they aren't dead. They are active.

4. We can make stricter requirments for joining a team rather than just going to Usergroups and clicking on a box in order to make sure the people who join them are actually going to contribute instead of just deleting them and saying, "To heck with it."

5. If anything, you should be thanking us for being here. Not many other pokemon forums that I've seen have sections like Psypoke Isle. It makes Psypoke a unique forum and, if anything, attracts more members.

6. I promise you, if you guys go through with this, you will see active forum membership drop.

Again, this is a really horrible decision you are making. Just because you guys were made the new admins doesn't mean you should just up and delete these sections and then throw us a bone by saying, "We'll give you a week. Copy down any stuff you want to keep."

_________________
Image Image
^Image by dragoni_slayer2014^


Sun May 13, 2007 12:10 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:23 pm
Posts: 521
Location: OKC
Post 
daveshan wrote:
Did you guys even think to talk to the leaders and ask us to justify keeping them going? Inferno just completed the Pokemon Relations Game that I made and everyone has said it was fun. Not only that, I have another project planned for Inferno that I was ready to launch some time next week after I got done with finals.


We don't have to clear anything with team leaders. This is <b>our forum</b>.

Quote:
This is probably the worst decision I have seen made here by any admins.


This is my decision. The other admins just don't care

Quote:
You want some reasons to keep the teams? Ok, here's a few:

1. Team members can have the fun of being on Psypoke and participating in activities here without the same rules that are in other sections. For example, if we want to make our own EC's without worrying if it's already been done, we can. If we want to make an RP without waiting for it to get approved, we can.


The teams can be really clique-like at times, and people can create activities without being in a team. The admins only let the silly EC's go because they just didn't want to deal with it. Also, the RP application process is really easy, so that's a silly complaint.

Quote:
2. It helps give members a sense of individualism that sets them apart from other forum members. Look around the forum and just see how many people have Team [X] banners, trainer cards, animations, or whatever in their sig. These people enjoy belonging to the teams.


More of the clique-like problem I just mentioned.

Quote:
3. Your reasons for ending the teams have no basis.
• The previous admins were the ones who didn't go through with Survivor, Psypoke Isle. Not us.


No, it was the job of team leaders and team members to organize the members, and they didn't do their job.

Quote:
• How are the teams attracting the wrong type of posters or preventing respectable posters from joining psypoke? In all the time I've been in Inferno, which has been since less than a month after I joined psypoke, I can recall maybe four people who behaved in a noob-like manner with bad grammar and horrible spelling. Plus, I doubt 5 sections at the bottom of the main page deters anyone from joining the forum.


I don't want to go into any detail on this as I don't want to offend anyone.

Quote:
• If you want to look at a section that attracts noobs, the there are other sections which attract newcomers who post there who can't spell or use grammar and post multiple topics that ask the same question.


The whole site attracts that, unfortunately.

Quote:
• If you guys are having problems with some teams, take it up with their leaders. If the leaders aren't willing to stick around, find someone who is and is willing to do the job. Don't blame the rest of the Psypoke Isle for the screw-ups of others.


Team leaders leaving isn't at all an isolated incident. Constantly finding new members who aren't completely inept is part of what I meant by admins having to maintain the teams.

Quote:
• The same goes for team members. Since I became one of the leaders of Inferno, I think we've only required mod maintainence twice. Once when both CD and I were on hiatus because of school-related assignments and the other was when you came in and locked the thread a troller had made. A troller who I went to bat for and talked to you about, FireStarter, until I found out he was just trolling. And I will remind you, the reason I did it was because he was on Team Inferno and I felt it was my responsiblity as leader. Some leaders are responsible and have teams that want to keep going. Don't blame us for what irresponsible members have done


I don't think I ever said anything about specific situations, I was referring to the teams in general.

Quote:
• Krisp, I don't know which three teams's leaders you had problems with, but it wasn't me nor CD. I know it wasn't me and CD was preoccupied with his art school/shop threads at the time. Don't punish responsible team members for what other team leaders did. Also, FireStarter has said that the decision has nothing to do with bandwidth.


Quote:
• You guys were irresponsible in your decision making. You didn't consult the leaders to ask us our opinions, heck, you didn't even talk to sNOwBaLL about this.


Once again, we aren't obligated to inform the team leaders about anything. I also don't think how it was handled among the admins is really your concern, but we have debated doing this ever since we became admins.

Quote:
• These activities that are "NATO", how are they everyone's fault? I know CD has been aching for an inter-team art contest and never gets a confirmation reply from other teams. Again, your blaming some for what others have done. Also, a lot of trouble comes from when they are introduced. I gaurentee that if you wait for the summer, these inter-team activities will start showing up.


This has been the big problem since the teams started. Activities never get off the ground. The parties at fault vary with the activity, but there has always been a lack of interest to do any inter-team activity.

Quote:
• If you only want this forum to be about pokemon, why aren't you also deleting the General Discussion, Music Discussion, Video Game Discussion, Sports Discussion, and the TV/Movies/Books Discussion Sections as well as making it a rule that all activities, competitions, fan art, fan fictions, RPs, and stuff for sale in the Slateport Market have to be pokemon related?


Who said that?

Quote:
• The most important reason that your decision to delete the teams has no basis is that you guys are contradicting yourselves. You say that the sections have gone dead and that no one posts there anymore. Yet, you also say that people have attachments to them and that Midnight, Inferno, and Hydro have a significant amount of activity going on in them. So they aren't dead. They are active.


I never said any reason was one reason more important than other. I would also hardly say the teams are active as a whole,

Quote:
4. We can make stricter requirments for joining a team rather than just going to Usergroups and clicking on a box in order to make sure the people who join them are actually going to contribute instead of just deleting them and saying, "To heck with it."


I don't see what problem that would solve.

Quote:
5. If anything, you should be thanking us for being here. Not many other pokemon forums that I've seen have sections like Psypoke Isle. It makes Psypoke a unique forum and, if anything, attracts more members.


It may have made it "unique", but not in a good way.

Quote:
6. I promise you, if you guys go through with this, you will see active forum membership drop.


If there is a drop, it will be insignificant.

Quote:
Again, this is a really horrible decision you are making. Just because you guys were made the new admins doesn't mean you should just up and delete these sections and then throw us a bone by saying, "We'll give you a week. Copy down any stuff you want to keep."


I could have just deleted the teams. We don't owe anyone anything. I was trying to be considerate by allowing teams a chance to organize themselves in case they wanted to exist in some other capacity outside of Psypoke.

In summation: we don't owe anyone anything, and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.


Sun May 13, 2007 12:37 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
Post 
Quote:
If you only want this forum to be about pokemon, why aren't you also deleting the General Discussion, Music Discussion, Video Game Discussion, Sports Discussion, and the TV/Movies/Books Discussion Sections as well as making it a rule that all activities, competitions, fan art, fan fictions, RPs, and stuff for sale in the Slateport Market have to be pokemon related?


I didn't mean it like that, I meant the main focus is here is Pokemon.

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2007 12:53 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:16 pm
Posts: 1013
Post 
Gnaaye wrote:

FireStarter wrote:
Also, we don't delete 0-post accounts because those people may wish to post in the future.

Erm... There are people who joined back in 2005 Jan and still no posts. Do we need to "keep" those accounts?
Anything could happen, and besides, IMO, deleting them would be kinda rude.

Gnaaye wrote:
pelligargetic wrote:
The whole FORUM is supposed to be like family. The teams take away from that majorly.

Serious? There are over 10.000 members, pelli.


So? I'm not saying you should be members with all 10,000 of them, but really, anyone can be like family. When I had a bunch of team pride and stuch with Psyche 100%, I remember saying that my favorite members were Kryten and Gardy~, whom I hardly ever talked to (no offense guys, you're still cool). As my team interest started to decline, and I didn't become so obsessed with Psyche, I met other people on other teams, and I became family with them, without any mention of teams. Team pride could keep people from being the best friends that they could be, and that's a shame.


Sun May 13, 2007 5:33 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:15 am
Posts: 894
Post 
FireStarter wrote:
We don't have to clear anything with team leaders. This is <b>our forum</b>.


If this is your forum, then taking care of the teams should have been your problem, not ours - you should have dealt with them instead of us, the morons you recruited to do your job.

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2007 6:46 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:42 am
Posts: 751
Location: at my house... were do u think?
Post 
Blackwind wrote:
FireStarter wrote:
We don't have to clear anything with team leaders. This is <b>our forum</b>.


If this is your forum, then taking care of the teams should have been your problem, not ours - you should have dealt with them instead of us, the morons you recruited to do your job.


I agree, also if these are your forums why doesn't everyone else just leave so you can have the WHOLE forums to yourself, would you be happy then?

_________________
Image
POST COUNTS MEAN NOTHING!!! If you agree with me, then please copy and paste this in you sig.


Sun May 13, 2007 7:00 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 3128
Location: College
Post 
Last time I checked, the forums were just fine before the teams, and I'm sure they'll be fine without them again.

Quote:
I agree, also if these are your forums why doesn't everyone else just leave so you can have the WHOLE forums to yourself, would you be happy then?


Winner of the most idiotic reply award! Yay for you!

Quote:
If this is your forum, then taking care of the teams should have been your problem, not ours - you should have dealt with them instead of us, the morons you recruited to do your job.


Since when did anyone recruit morons? Last time I checked, staff members and team leaders were chosen because they weren't morons.

Seriously, some people are acting like the entire forums are being deleted and it's the end of the world. It's been said before; it's the admin(s)' choice, and they chose to discontinue the teams on these particular forums.

All in all: Just chill.

*insert drama llama here, srsly*

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2007 9:04 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:23 pm
Posts: 1959
Location: Va
Post 
FireStarter wrote:
daveshan wrote:
Did you guys even think to talk to the leaders and ask us to justify keeping them going? Inferno just completed the Pokemon Relations Game that I made and everyone has said it was fun. Not only that, I have another project planned for Inferno that I was ready to launch some time next week after I got done with finals.


We don't have to clear anything with team leaders. This is <b>our forum</b>.

No, this is the forum of the old Elite Four. They just left you guys in charge because they got tired of doing their job.


Quote:
This is probably the worst decision I have seen made here by any admins.


This is my decision. The other admins just don't care

So, let me get this straight. One of your main problems is that people don't care about being on a team. But most of the admins don't care enough to make a decision. Does anyone else see what's wrong with this picture?

Quote:
You want some reasons to keep the teams? Ok, here's a few:

1. Team members can have the fun of being on Psypoke and participating in activities here without the same rules that are in other sections. For example, if we want to make our own EC's without worrying if it's already been done, we can. If we want to make an RP without waiting for it to get approved, we can.


The teams can be really clique-like at times, and people can create activities without being in a team. The admins only let the silly EC's go because they just didn't want to deal with it. Also, the RP application process is really easy, so that's a silly complaint.

Clique-like? They are not clique-like. Show me a thread where members from two or more teams were flaming each other or where a discussion was going on and members of a team didn't pay attention to comments made by people who weren't on their team.

Quote:
2. It helps give members a sense of individualism that sets them apart from other forum members. Look around the forum and just see how many people have Team [X] banners, trainer cards, animations, or whatever in their sig. These people enjoy belonging to the teams.


More of the clique-like problem I just mentioned.

No, that's like when you where a t-shirt from a club you are in at school. It's a place you belong to, but it's not a place that alienates everyone else.

Quote:
3. Your reasons for ending the teams have no basis.
• The previous admins were the ones who didn't go through with Survivor, Psypoke Isle. Not us.


No, it was the job of team leaders and team members to organize the members, and they didn't do their job.

Amphy wrote:
Sorry guys.

I've had to postpone tomorrow's trivia. I've been away all weekend and will be away again tomorrow. I apologise and will re-schedule tomorrow.

Amphy

Never got rescheduled. That doesn't look like the fault of the team members. I know that Inferno was ready to go.


Quote:
• How are the teams attracting the wrong type of posters or preventing respectable posters from joining psypoke? In all the time I've been in Inferno, which has been since less than a month after I joined psypoke, I can recall maybe four people who behaved in a noob-like manner with bad grammar and horrible spelling. Plus, I doubt 5 sections at the bottom of the main page deters anyone from joining the forum.


I don't want to go into any detail on this as I don't want to offend anyone.

You don't want to offend anyone but you have no problem just deleting the teams? If they did it, they did it. Also, this doesn't answer how 5 sections at the bottom of the main page stops people from joining the forum.

Quote:
• If you want to look at a section that attracts noobs, the there are other sections which attract newcomers who post there who can't spell or use grammar and post multiple topics that ask the same question.


The whole site attracts that, unfortunately.

So then why are you accusing Psypoke Isle for attracting those kinds of posters?

Quote:
• If you guys are having problems with some teams, take it up with their leaders. If the leaders aren't willing to stick around, find someone who is and is willing to do the job. Don't blame the rest of the Psypoke Isle for the screw-ups of others.


Team leaders leaving isn't at all an isolated incident. Constantly finding new members who aren't completely inept is part of what I meant by admins having to maintain the teams.

Finding who to make team leader is as simple as making an announcement in the section titled, "So and so is gone, who should take his/her place as team leader."

Quote:
• The same goes for team members. Since I became one of the leaders of Inferno, I think we've only required mod maintainence twice. Once when both CD and I were on hiatus because of school-related assignments and the other was when you came in and locked the thread a troller had made. A troller who I went to bat for and talked to you about, FireStarter, until I found out he was just trolling. And I will remind you, the reason I did it was because he was on Team Inferno and I felt it was my responsiblity as leader. Some leaders are responsible and have teams that want to keep going. Don't blame us for what irresponsible members have done


I don't think I ever said anything about specific situations, I was referring to the teams in general.

Then please give us a few specific examples that justifies deleting all teams.

Quote:
• Krisp, I don't know which three teams's leaders you had problems with, but it wasn't me nor CD. I know it wasn't me and CD was preoccupied with his art school/shop threads at the time. Don't punish responsible team members for what other team leaders did. Also, FireStarter has said that the decision has nothing to do with bandwidth.


Quote:
• You guys were irresponsible in your decision making. You didn't consult the leaders to ask us our opinions, heck, you didn't even talk to sNOwBaLL about this.


Once again, we aren't obligated to inform the team leaders about anything. I also don't think how it was handled among the admins is really your concern, but we have debated doing this ever since we became admins.

My concern is that you made your decision without us weighing in on it. It's something that significantly affects us and you didn't even let us defend it.

Quote:
• These activities that are "NATO", how are they everyone's fault? I know CD has been aching for an inter-team art contest and never gets a confirmation reply from other teams. Again, your blaming some for what others have done. Also, a lot of trouble comes from when they are introduced. I gaurentee that if you wait for the summer, these inter-team activities will start showing up.


This has been the big problem since the teams started. Activities never get off the ground. The parties at fault vary with the activity, but there has always been a lack of interest to do any inter-team activity.

It's because of the timing of the activities. Like I said, I can gaurentee that once summer comes, people will do these activities.

Quote:
• If you only want this forum to be about pokemon, why aren't you also deleting the General Discussion, Music Discussion, Video Game Discussion, Sports Discussion, and the TV/Movies/Books Discussion Sections as well as making it a rule that all activities, competitions, fan art, fan fictions, RPs, and stuff for sale in the Slateport Market have to be pokemon related?


Who said that?

Krisp did.

Quote:
• The most important reason that your decision to delete the teams has no basis is that you guys are contradicting yourselves. You say that the sections have gone dead and that no one posts there anymore. Yet, you also say that people have attachments to them and that Midnight, Inferno, and Hydro have a significant amount of activity going on in them. So they aren't dead. They are active.


I never said any reason was one reason more important than other. I would also hardly say the teams are active as a whole,

I didn't say that was your most important reason, I said it was my most important reason. Plus, you are saying that you are punishing Midnight, Inferno, and Hydro because Psyche and Solar aren't that active. I can't speak for the other leaders, but I have plans to keep the level of activity going for my team.


Quote:
4. We can make stricter requirments for joining a team rather than just going to Usergroups and clicking on a box in order to make sure the people who join them are actually going to contribute instead of just deleting them and saying, "To heck with it."


I don't see what problem that would solve.

It would make people want to put in more time and effort into the team since it took a fair amount of effort to join.

Quote:
5. If anything, you should be thanking us for being here. Not many other pokemon forums that I've seen have sections like Psypoke Isle. It makes Psypoke a unique forum and, if anything, attracts more members.


It may have made it "unique", but not in a good way.

Really? How? Did it cause the start of any huge flamewars? Did it cause people to alienate others from public discussions? Did it make people break the forum rules?

Or did it give people a sense of individualism within psypoke, give people a reason to make a lot of cool banners and TC's, and give people a place to do activities without care that it was going to get locked because someone else had already done it?


Quote:
6. I promise you, if you guys go through with this, you will see active forum membership drop.


If there is a drop, it will be insignificant.

Believe me, it won't be insignificant. Not only are you looking at the people who are upset about the sections being closed, but you are also looking at the people who hate it when admins just do stuff like this without consulting forum members. Then there are those who will leave because of that drop in membership and people who they enjoy talking to have left. At that point you are looking at a domino affect of people leaving because too many others have left until you get that group that doesn't care enough.

Quote:
Again, this is a really horrible decision you are making. Just because you guys were made the new admins doesn't mean you should just up and delete these sections and then throw us a bone by saying, "We'll give you a week. Copy down any stuff you want to keep."


I could have just deleted the teams. We don't owe anyone anything. I was trying to be considerate by allowing teams a chance to organize themselves in case they wanted to exist in some other capacity outside of Psypoke.


In summation: we don't owe anyone anything, and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

You don't owe anyone anything? Wow, such respectable leadership skills. You don't respect our opinions, but you insist we respect yours. Here's a summation for you: The Elite four made a really bad choice making you guys the new admins because you don't know the number one rule of leadership.

Any leader is nothing without his or her followers. I.E. You guys aren't the forum, we are. You guys are just here to make sure everything can be settled fairly. And up and deleting a part of the forum that a lot of people care about especially without give others a chance to justify keeping it there is not settling things fairly.

_________________
Image Image
^Image by dragoni_slayer2014^


Sun May 13, 2007 9:34 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:46 am
Posts: 1549
Post 
Seriously, daveshan and Blackwind, give it a rest. Inferno and Midnight are the ONLY active teams. Solar is dead. Psyche is as good as dead. And Hydro has all of 4-5 people in it. What do you suggest, we delete those three and keep your two? I think not.

Notice how 95% of the people here complaining about FS deleting the teams are from your two teams. If there were a BUNCH of people from Solar, Psyche, and Hydro complaining, I could see your cases. But there aren't.

I realize I havent been here long enough to know what is was like before the teams. But most of the people who were around back then say that the forum thrived. When the teams got created, it was considered a really good idea. But now, at the beggining of 2007, we face problems. Granted, Inferno has two very active leaders (daveshan and CD). But Midnight and Psyche have only one leader (Blackwind and rubypoke respectivly). Hydro technically now has only one leader (myself). And when was the last time you saw ChroniclerC or Eighteen around for Solar?

I predict that after a few weeks, things will probably die down. This is a lot like what happened after the E4 left.

And I dont believe that R-Cubed's question was answered:

R-Cubed wrote:
I have a question. Will we be able to post in the Indigo Platue?


Doubtful, it will probably just be a locked forum

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2007 9:42 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:15 am
Posts: 894
Post 
Sneaky Sneasel wrote:
Quote:
If this is your forum, then taking care of the teams should have been your problem, not ours - you should have dealt with them instead of us, the morons you recruited to do your job.


Since when did anyone recruit morons? Last time I checked, staff members and team leaders were chosen because they weren't morons.


Yes, I know we aren't. I also know that the ones before us weren't. So please stop treating us like our position wasn't significant in the least. It's the part of the forums that we moderate that is about to be deleted; if you chose us to moderate them, the least you could have done was letting us know of this decision beforehand. That's my point: we aren't morons, so stop treating us like that.

Blaziken234, do you expect me to talk on behalf of the other teams? I can't. I can only speak of what I know. And I do know that my last year of effort put into making Midnight a good team is going down the drain because the other guys didn't do their job.

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2007 9:46 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:23 pm
Posts: 521
Location: OKC
Post 
If this "the admins owe the teams forums" crap keeps up, I'm just going to completely delete the team forums immediately.

This is my last post in this thread.


Sun May 13, 2007 10:23 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:46 am
Posts: 1549
Post 

Quote:
No, this is the forum of the old Elite Four. They just left you guys in charge because they got tired of doing their job.


Which makes it their forum

Quote:
So, let me get this straight. One of your main problems is that people don't care about being on a team. But most of the admins don't care enough to make a decision. Does anyone else see what's wrong with this picture?


Err... FS wants them deleted. Krisp agrees. sNOwBaLL agrees, and he was as informed about it as soon as you were. TCM and Jiggz haven't responded yet, but I bet they will also agree with FS. How can you say that most of the admins don't care enough to make a decision?

Quote:
So then why are you accusing Psypoke Isle for attracting those kinds of posters?


He isn't. If anything, he's accusing you of leting those kinds of posters join the teams. And I know he isn't doing that.

Quote:
Finding who to make team leader is as simple as making an announcement in the section titled, "So and so is gone, who should take his/her place as team leader."


Meaning you have no problem with the most retarded person ever to join these forums becoming leader of Team So and So as long as his team elects him? This reminds me of a rant TK once had...

Quote:
Blaziken234, do you expect me to talk on behalf of the other teams?


Yeah, thats pretty much what you've been doing. Just because our teams aren't as active as yours doesnt mean that we haven't been doing our jobs.

Quote:
I can't. I can only speak of what I know. And I do know that my last year of effort put into making Midnight a good team is going down the drain because the other guys didn't do their job.


See above

FireStarter wrote:
This is my last post in this thread.


The same goes for me.

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2007 10:31 am
Profile
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:32 am
Posts: 1913
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Post 
blaziken234 wrote:
Seriously, daveshan and Blackwind, give it a rest.
Let me give you a code quote:
Code:
[22:05:31] <EvilPenguin> Teehee
[22:05:32] <EvilPenguin> http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14874
[22:05:37] <EvilPenguin> :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
01[22:05:46] <Peanut> :((((((
[22:05:50] <EvilPenguin> :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
[22:05:57] <EvilPenguin> Now you can get off my back
6[22:05:06] * Peanut-Lover slaps EvilPenguin around a bit with a large trout
[22:05:12] <EvilPenguin> :p
[22:05:17] <EvilPenguin> I DONT CARE!
[22:05:20] <EvilPenguin> ANYMORE
01[22:05:06] <Peanut> Then leave!
03[22:05:45] * EvilPenguin has left #hydroboardroom (then STFU)

Lets face it - you hated hydro. You never liked it. In fact, you left for 3 weeks (as in, unsubscribed), and then came back for 6 weeks, and was appointed leader, when there were people there from last year (ie, latios, mudkipman), that were more active.

Inferno and Midnight are the ONLY active teams. Solar is dead. Psyche is as good as dead. And Hydro has all of 4-5 people in it. What do you suggest, we delete those three and keep your two? I think not.
Me, you, mudkipman, latios, elemental trainer, hfxjus, Titan of Lightining, JordanW, SulfoniX, Comcast, Darth, Abou222, Preblooch, snobord, SuperBlastoise, DP02, Serpentsounds.


Notice how 95% of the people here complaining about FS deleting the teams are from your two teams. If there were a BUNCH of people from Solar, Psyche, and Hydro complaining, I could see your cases. But there aren't.
No, its just that if our very own moderator agrees with this, then we really have no backing. I'm fine keeping my mouth shut, but if hydro's own leader resides himself to supporting it, then there is something wrong.

I realize I havent been here long enough to know what is was like before the teams. But most of the people who were around back then say that the forum thrived.
They thrived with cool moderators. granted, S_S is in every activity he can be in (as well as JsXTM), but the mods have left the activities. And, again, there are no really fresh ideas.
When the teams got created, it was considered a really good idea. But now, at the beggining of 2007, we face problems. Granted, Inferno has two very active leaders (daveshan and CD). But Midnight and Psyche have only one leader (Blackwind and rubypoke respectivly). Hydro technically now has only one leader (myself). And when was the last time you saw ChroniclerC or Eighteen around for Solar?
Then issue ultimatums. If eighteen or ChroniclerC have indeed left, then there's no reason to have them in power. And assign other people to replace them. From what i hear, Solar is really relaxed, allowing all posting.

I predict that after a few weeks, things will probably die down. This is a lot like what happened after the E4 left.

And I dont believe that R-Cubed's question was answered:

R-Cubed wrote:
I have a question. Will we be able to post in the Indigo Platue?


Doubtful, it will probably just be a locked forum
Krisp said that she can, but not regular members.


Sun May 13, 2007 10:46 am
Profile
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 29, 2005 6:21 pm
Posts: 3471
Post 
Thread over.

_________________
Image


Sun May 13, 2007 10:56 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:44 am
Posts: 645
Location: Houston, TX
Post 
I have no problem with the deletion of the teams, they outlived its purposed, to stop the spam in T&A. There weren't that many inter-team games like we originaly planned, only the leaders got he unique rank were we wanted every member to have a unique team rank. But in my absence it looks like there wasnt that much activity in the teams itself.

Maybe down the line in the future there might be a re-emergance of the teams but I wouldn't count on it unless there is a strong support from different members and not a group of 4 whom wish to keep a system for made for hundreds of members to comunicate secretly about inter-team stuff.

_________________


Wed May 16, 2007 2:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.