It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Starter Experiment 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Roleplay Genre: Pokemon
Setting: A boarding school.
Plot: A boarding school has been selected to test a new way of giving out 'starter' pokemon. Because there have been an increasing number of traditional starter pokemon being released into the wild or just being neglected/abused. Some professors thought that it may be that there may be a variable, such as compatibilty, that they had overlooked previously. After all there needs to be some level of compatibility in everything else, why not pokemon and humans?

These professors grouped various psychic pokemon and taught them how to read minds to find the information that would help determine the best starter pokemon for each person. To test this they selected one boarding school that at the start of the year all the freshmen [people aged 14 or 15]
would undergo this mind scan. They would then recieve an egg, picked out by their pokemon proctor and be on their way. For their classes they could pick between battling, contest, study [research, breeding/daycare], or even a combination of 2 of the three classes.

For the sake of the role-play the eggs would hatch around the 2nd or 3rd post [the rarer the longer]. You get an egg that means if you want a Pikachu you'll start out with a Pichu. The role-play goes through getting the egg through the school year. I may make a senior year then if this goes well and people will be allowed to have 2 pokemon.

Additional Rules: 1] No made-up pokemon
2] Try to use propper grammar and spelling [i.e. no * and use " for dialogue]
3] No God-modding
4] No Auto-killing [not that you really need to kill anything]
5] No legendary pokemon
6] Keep the rare pokemon such as Dratini to a minimum
7] Don't level up or evolve at an insane rate
8] PG-13
9] If you wish to leave, then tell me so I may remove your profile from the rp list
10] Only one pokemon unless you're a teacher in which case you may have 6

Profiles:

Student;
Username:
Character name:
Appearance: [no insanely long descriptions and if the image will stretch the page then make it a link]
Personality: [realize this may not affect the pokemon, they do not need to go hand in hand necessarily]
Classes:[one or 2 of the 3 choices]

Pokemon you recieve:
Nick name [optional]:
Any unnatural appearance [don't over do it]:
Level [When it chages let me know, everyone will start out on the same level]: 5
Starter moves:
Personality:

Teacher; Only 2 more. Any positions not filled will just be NPC and can be controlled by all.
Username:
Character name:
Appearance: [no insanely long descriptions and if the image will stretch the page then make it a link]
Personality: [realize this may not affect the pokemon, they do not need to go hand in hand necessarily]
Class:

Teachers may have up to 6 pokemon, their boundries are no made-ups and no legendary pokemon. Teachers do not take part in the mind scan, those who wish to take part in it may play more than one character.
Pokemon:
Nick name [optional]:
Any unnatural appearance [don't over do it]:
Level [When it chages let me know]:
Moves:
Personality:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Students

~Crimson~ wrote:
Character name: Thorn Nitewine
Appearance: Straight black hair that flows down her back and ends at the small of her back, she has no bangs. Her eyes are an extremely pale gray that can appear white in certain lighting. Thorn traditionally wears a loosely fitting pair of pants with a tight black belly shirt that she wears under another shirt. She wears gloves that have the fingers cut off and end just before her elbows. Her footwear is simple, a pair of sneakers.
Personality: She isn't shy but does tend to avoid large crowds. Once she recieves her pokemon and it hatches it is discovered that she is most openly compassionate with it.
Classes: Study

Pokemon you recieve: Houndour
Level: 5
Starter moves: Leer, Ember
Personality: It is very protective of Thorn and easily angered

kryten2x4b wrote:
Character Name: Jamie Coldwater
Appearance: Image
Personality: Sarcastic and Fun-loving. Jamie cares deeply for pokemon ever since his pet Eevee died when he was five, when his egg hatches he becomes attached to the pokemon and they form a quick bond.
Classes: Battling and Study.

Pokemon: Eevee
Starter Moves: Tackle and Sand Attack
Personality: Very protective of Jamie but is always quite calm.

Nidoman wrote:
C Name: William or Will
Appearence: Image
Personality: Kind and brave, loved pokemon since he was a kid and loves to study them and is interested in battling with them to
Classes: Battle and Study

Pokemon:Nidoman F
level:5
Starter Moves: Scratch and Growl
Personality: Energetic and hyper

MoonGale wrote:
Name: Teresa

Appearence: Teresa stands at around 5'9,has waist-length sliky black hair, deep violet eyes and pale skin. She tends to wear dark jeans and a black T-Shirt, along with white and black sneakers.
Personality: Teresa is calm, and cold at times. She is kind to Pokemon, especially her own, once he hatches. She can be energetic at times, although it is rare.
Classes: Battling and Study

Pokemon you recieve: Ponyta
Nick name: Thunder
Any unnatural appearance: Shiny.
Starter moves: Quick Attack and Growl
Personality: Thunder is energetic and active, and loves playing around. He is very protective of Teresa, but he isn't angered easily.

dragonite wrote:
Character name: Caroline
Appearance: Long black layered hair, red highlights, T-shirt, Jeans, and sneakers.
Personality: Considerate of others but a little shy. She wants to become really close with her pokemon, but she will only battle when challenged.

Pokemon you recieve: Vulpix
Nickname: Vixie
Any unnatural appearance: Her coat is shinier that normal
Starter moves: Ember, Tail Whip
Personality: Usually relaxed, and like Caroline, she doesn't like to battle. However, she does get protective when she feels that she or Caroline are in danger.

Xaliaphous wrote:
Character name: Crystal
Appearance: Blond, long hair always in two long ponytails, blue eyes, wears a blue skirt and a white shirt. Has white platforms for shoes. Always has her sneasel in her hands.
Personality: Sweet, quiet, reserved, caring, and loyal.

Pokemon you recieve: Sneasel
Nick name: Calio
Any unnatural appearance: Dwarf;small as a baby Pokemon.
Starter moves: Scratch, Taunt Leer
Personality: Agressive, but can be sweet at times. He'll do anything to protect his owner.

queenofinsanity wrote:
Character name: Ella Black
Appearance: She has red hair, so short that when she was younger, and hadn't developed yet, Ella was confused for a boy. Her eyes are green that always seem to twinkle with mischeviousness, happiness, or crackle with anger, or frustration. Another thing about Ella is that she's only about 5 foot in height, picking on her height isn't suggested.
Personality: generally cheerful and happy. Always cracking jokes. She had a bit of an edge, and has has a problem with authority and bullies. A bookworm, nerdy, insane, generally sweet and kind until someone she cares about is threatened. Then, watch out, Ella's gonna whip you!
Classes: battle, study

Pokemon you recieve: Torchic
Nick name: Spark
Any unnatural appearance [don't over do it]: a bit smaller than usual
Starter moves: scratch, growl, ember
Personality: You know those little bitty dogs who think they're giants? that's Spark. He's generally sweet and playful, but he's got the heart of a much larger pokemon, and he can get seriously scary when he or Ella is threatened.

Teachers
Birdknight wrote:
Character Name: Dr. Anya Willow
Appearance:Image
Personality: Is very strict twoards students, very mean. No one knows why she is so mean twaords her students...
Class: Study

Pokemon:

Gardevoir:
Psychic
Double Team
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball

Gengar:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Nightmare
Shadow Ball

Shiftry
Attacks: Nature Power, Extrasensory, Razor Leaf, Shadow Ball
Appearance: Normal

Seviper
Attacks: Poison Tail, Poison Sting, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball

Birdknight wrote:
Character Name: Darien Oaker (kids call him by his first name)
Personality: Happy and fun. Always makes class a good time.
Class: Battle

Pokemon:

Exeggutor
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Psychic
Protect

Electabuzz
Thunderpunch
Thunderwave
Swift
Dynamic Punch

Magmar:
Firepunch
Flamethrower
Smog
Confuse Ray

Tauros:
Thrash
Take Down
Swagger
Facade

Other: His class is after Dr. Willow's

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates
Dates in italics are normal updates, dates in bold/italic are important. If anyone wants to me to add something here just ask.

June 25: Role-play opens
June 26th and 27th: Crimon's at Baltimore
June 27th; evening: Crimson returns...and trys to catch up desperately
June 30th-August 2nd: Crimson's at NJ visiting relatives...XP
August 1 - ???: MoonGale M.I.A.
August 2nd: Crimson's back

Last edited by Crimson on Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:44 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Character Name: Jamie Coldwater
Appearance: Image
Personality: Sarcastic and Fun-loving. Jamie cares deeply for pokemon ever since his pet Eevee died when he was five, when his egg hatches he becomes attached to the pokemon and they form a quick bond.
Classes: Battling and Study.

Pokemon: Nidoran M
Nickname: Nido
Starter Moves: Tackle and Growl
Personality: Very protective of Jamie but is always quite calm.

Last edited by 2x4b on Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

C Name: William or Will
Appearence: Image
Personality: Kind and brave, loved pokemon since he was a kid and loves to study them and is interested in battling with them to
Classes: Battle and Study

Pokemon:Nidoman F
level:5
Starter Moves: Scratch and Growl
Personality: Energetic and hyper

Last edited by Nidoman on Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:43 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[[Both of you are accepted, and just edit your profile and I'll update the first post. You may begin whenever you're ready.]]

Thorn stood in line waiting for the mind scan, she frowned a little. Wasn't a mind scan an invasion of personal space? It was a good idea on paper, but she wasn't sure about how she felt about it actually happening. There were about 10 other lines, at the front of each line there was a psychic pokemon. Each kind varied there was no specific kind, there were Kadabras, Abras, Kirila, Ralts, to name a few. Each scan and egg assignment took about five minutes, so the line took a while to move.

When she finally reached her proctor, which was an Alakazam in her case, her eyes were distracted by the hundreds of eggs behind it. They were going to choose her egg out of that mass?

Her proctor's spoons bent multiple times and she felt like she was lightheaded. Thorn felt dizzy as though she needed to find her center of balance again but her feet refused to cooperate. After what seemed like eternity to her, which was probably only a few minutes, the pokemon proctor moved an egg using telepathy into her arms. She stared at the egg and the Alakazam for a moment before taking it's lack of reaction to her questioning stare as a dismissal.

The mind scan was certainly one of the strangest feeling things that had ever happened to her.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

William was getting kind of nervous. What if i don't get picked at all? That would be so emberassing! Will stepped befor the raltsand suddenly felt like he was having a headache it was almost like someone wat jabbing his brain with a hot poker. Finally the headache ciesed and the ralts went to go get Will an egg. She came back and handed the egg tp Will. Will walked away wondering where to walk to so his egg would hatch.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Username: MoonGale
Name: Teresa

Appearence: Teresa stands at around 5'9,has waist-length sliky black hair, deep violet eyes and pale skin. She tends to wear dark jeans and a black T-Shirt, along with white and black sneakers.
Personality: Teresa is calm, and cold at times. She is kind to Pokemon, especially her own, once he hatches. She can be energetic at times, although it is rare.
Classes: Battling and Study

Pokemon you recieve: Ponyta
Nick name: Thunder
Any unnatural appearance: Shiny.
Starter moves: Quick Attack and Growl
Personality: Thunder is energetic and active, and loves playing around. He is very protective of Teresa, but he isn't angered easily. ))

Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Student;
Username: Dragonite
Character name: Caroline
Appearance: Long black layered hair, red highlights, T-shirt, Jeans, and sneakers.
Personality: Considerate of others but a little shy. She wants to become really close with her pokemon, but she will only battle when challenged.

Pokemon you recieve: Vulpix
Nickname: Vixie
Any unnatural appearance: Her coat is shinier that normal
Starter moves: Ember, Tail Whip
Personality: Usually relaxed, and like Caroline, she doesn't like to battle. However, she does get protective when she feels that she or Caroline are in danger.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:05 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[[Both of you are accepted, begin when ready]]

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Teresa stared at the line ahead, violet eyes coolly staring at the Psychic pokemon. Practically every human face she saw was nervous and unsure, but Tersa wasn't. At least, not that much. the trainer to be stood in front of a Kirlia, and then got an egg and walked out. Teresa sighed, then stepped forwards. She suddenly felt a raging inferno scream through her head, and she gritted her teeth, trying to ignore it. After a while, the burning feeling subsided, and Teresa noticed that the Kirlia had her egg hovering in midair.

"Thanks." Teresa tenderly took the egg and stepped out of the other trainers' way, holding her egg softly.

I wonder what it is...

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Caroline was very nervous. She looked at the front of the line where various psychic pokemon were doing.... something that she had no idea of. She wondered what kind of starter pokemon she was going to get.

I hope its nice and cute... she thought. What a nightmare it would be if she got a really mean or ugly pokemon!

Caroline was getting closer to the front of the line. When it was her turn, a Kadabra stepped up to where she was standing. Then she blanked out. When she woke up, the kadabra had handed her a pokemon egg. She took it, trying to focus, since she was a little dizzy. She held it with shaking hands, wondering what it would hatch into.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I really hope i can join, this looks fun!

Teacher:
Username: Birdknight
Personality: Is very strict twoards students, very mean. No one knows why she is so mean twaords her students...

Pokemon: I am confused, do I start with a pokemon? If I already have one, gardevoir, if not, ralts
Please reply and i will post moves etc.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:18 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thorn had left the testing area, as they had been directed to in order to try to keep some semblence of organization, and was sitting under a tree on the far side of campus. Even if it was on the far side it was still visible to people leaving the testing area. It was a nice old tree, some of its branches had grown in a manner that would allow someone to comfortably sit in it. And over all it was a good climbing tree.

She took out a set of permanet markers and a pencil as she held the egg with one arm. Once Thorn did that she sat the plain off-white egg in her lap with her left arm wrapped around it for more support and her right hand held the pencil. She then lightly began to sketch a thorned ivy onto it. Since she didn't know what all the eggs would look like she didn't want to mysteriously lose her egg, even though they had their egg containers. Her solution was to make her egg stand out so she could identify it from a distance. When she finished sketching it, Thorn would begin to color it in with the markers.

{Edit:[[Our first teacher! Yay, and accepted! Yes you have your own pokemon, teachers, unfortunately for you...{you may act as 2 characters if you really want to do the mind scan} don't take part in the mind scan. Teachers may have up to 6 pokemon, they have no boundries other than the fact that they can't be legendary.]]}

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Caroline walked calmly out of the testing area, knowing that it wasn't so bad after all. But her hands were still shaking holding that pokemon egg. It felt very hot in her hands as she walked into the courtyard. She sat down on a bench, just staring at her egg whiched shook ocasionally. When she finnally looked up from the egg, she saw another girl, also holding an egg. She tried to remember that girls name, something like.... Thorn. Yes, that was it, Thorn! She stared at the girl for a while, then sat staring at her egg.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yay, thank you very much! I will be more teachers if you like!

Teacher:

Pokemon:

Gardevoir:
Psychic
Double Team
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball

Gengar:
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Nightmare
Shadow Ball

Shiftry
Attacks: Nature Power, Extrasensory, Razor Leaf, Shadow Ball

Seviper
Attacks: Poison Tail, Poison Sting, Sludge Bomb, Shadow Ball

--------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Willow signaled the next person to come forward. The girl stepped into the machine, and after a few minutes stepped out. The girl looked a little happy and scared at the same time. Then the bell rang, Anya knew it was time to stop watching these silly tests and start class.
She got there late, and she wasnt very happy about it. "All right kids, you all get "special detention" with me next week because you all went into the classroom when a teacher was not present... Now time for attendance... Well, well, well looks like Jamie, William, Teresa and Caroline aren't here yet. Looks like youre all off the hook class, I have some new delinquents to deal with.
Dr. Willow left the room and walked down the hall to the office. She moved to the loudspeaker and said "Will Jamie Coldwater, William, Teresa and Caroline report to class immiadiately!

Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Teresa froze as she was walking outside, hearing her name on the loudspeaker.

Oh, joy...A teacher....

Teresa immediatly clutched her egg and ran towards where she thought Study was. Was it just her, or was her egg warm? And shaking? Teresa quivered in excitement and burst into the classroom, staring a Prof. Willow.

"Um..Hello."

Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:20 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

[[You don't have to be another teacher, you're free to be whatever kind of character you want to be.]]

Thorn appeared at the classroom, for Study, right before the bell rang. Dr. Willow, her teacher for the school year, arrived moments later and talked about how everyone in the room on time got a detention. Only to have that punishment taken away because of some other kids. She may've been lucky in that reguard, but she could tell this was going to be one heck of a year. Her egg had a very light sketch on it from earlier it was barely visible unless you got incredibly close to it, the sketching wasn't even done yet either. Thorn was beginning to wonder if her plan to make her egg easily seen was a bad idea. She made a mental note to wash the egg later.

Her egg was in its container between her feet and her shool bag was under her seat and out of the way when she found a seat in the middle of the room. She hoped this seat would allow her to avoid some of the harsh treatment that the class was sure to endure. It had begun to shake as Thorn had neared class and hoped that it wouldn't hatch during class. If only to avoid prosecution; even so, anxiousness welled inside her as more speculations were made about what kind of pokemon the Alakazam had given her. Thorn sat quietly in her seat with all the other nervous and paranoid students, awaiting Dr. Willow's return and wrath.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As soon as she heard her name on the loudspeaker, Caroline took all of her stuff, not being gentle with the egg anymore and rushed into class. She was really embarassed, and she saw that most of the people were in class already.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Teacher," She said, rushing to find an open seat.

Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Teresa shrugged and found a seat towards the back, but close enough to really see what was going on. She kept her egg in her lap, one arm around it. She couldn't wait to see what it was...

She stared at Dr. Willow, knowing that this was going to be a rough year. It was practically guaranteed.

I wonder what'll happpen to those other students...Not that I care. Hopefully, the egg will hatch soon....I wonder what it is...Hopefully, it'll be awesome looking and not a cute pink puffball...

Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:31 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thank you children, FOR FINALLY COMING TO CLASS! I see that two children still haven't come. Worry not, I know what i will do with them... Now about you two, I know what i am going to do, I am confiscating your pokemon egss, until the end of the year! Give them to me! Or I will have to take them forcefully!

New Character!

Character Name: Darien Oaker (kids call him by his first name)
Personality: Happy and fun. Always makes class a good time.
Class: Battle

Pokemon:

Exeggutor
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Psychic
Protect

Electabuzz
Thunderpunch
Thunderwave
Swift
Dynamic Punch

Magmar:
Firepunch
Flamethrower
Smog
Confuse Ray

Tauros:
Thrash
Take Down
Swagger
Facade

(His class is after Dr. Willow's)
-----------------------------------------------

Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:58 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jamie took a seat near the back of the class and put his egg container between his feet. He wondered what pokemon the Espeon had chosen for him... Suddenly he heard Dr.Willow say something. He had to replay it in his head to make sure he heard right.

Jamie stared at Dr.Willow like he had just been smacked in the face.

>>Take my egg?<< Jamie thought.

He looked down at the purple egg in its container. He wouldn't let her have it, she'd have to kill him before he let her take it.

"No... This is my egg.. You'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands" Jamie said firmly, picking up the container holding his egg and holding it tightly to his chest.

He stared into Dr.Willow's eyes. His eyes always had creeped people out, being the kind of icy blue colour that went straight through you.

Last edited by 2x4b on Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Will rushed in right before the teacher said about taking the eggs. He heard another kid say he wouldn't give it to her, he walked and sat next to the kid.
" I'm with him there's no way you'll get this egg from me! We just couldn't find the class right Jamie? That's your name right?" Will said.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:09 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Yeah that's my name Will" Jamie said. "And you'll never get our eggs!"

Jamie stared defiantly at Dr.Willow, just daring her to try it.

"You'll have to kill me.." Jamie said.

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:27 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

"Same here!" as Will also gave the teacher a defiant look

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Teresa stared at the teacher in shock, then gritted her teeth and said icily,

"Never. Never!"

She wasn't going to give her red speckled egg away....Never. What would the little animal inside do without her?

"Same with me, Willow."

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

[color=#A37AEE]((Uh MoonGale? It's just Me and Nidoman that are having our eggs taken

Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 277 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next