It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Pokemon City RP 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Fivestar quickly awoke from his slumber once Philip started talking to him.

"Wha-huh?" it took him a few moments to understand the questions, not being fully up yet. "Oh...yeah. I'm through with those jerks for good...I wish. After last night, almost everyone in Solar is after my head now, especially Razor. I'll be endangering everyone around me, including you guys. It just seems hopeless; me versus all of Solar. They're bound to get me eventually..." he sighed. "I really don't know what I'm going to do now. They've probably already broken into my house, stealing everything. They've probably trashed my restaurant. So, in answer to your last question, no, I'm not fine."

Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:09 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Hmm. Well, I wouldn't worry about endangering me or Jasmine. We can pretty much take care of ourselves, and I suspect that if push came to shove, Midnight would be willing to take on Solar, especially to protect a former Solar member that left the team. After all, Solar's loss is the other gang's gain. So, if you decide you want any help against them, let me know, and I'll put you in touch with someone who can help you in Midnight. Other than that, I'd like to personally offer you a place to stay, at my apartment, if you need it."

Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:15 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alex walked out of the room, his head abuzz full of what the boss told him.

"Psyche is losing buisness, Alex. Losing buisness badly. Currently, our gang is the weakest out of all of them. You saw how easily those Steelix brought that Charmeleon in here, and almost got away with it. This isn't a good thing. We must make ourselves stronger, and by doing so we must finally get rid of a gang that has plagued us this whole time."

"Midnight?" Alex asked tentitivly.

"No, Inferno. The 'feud' with Midnight is over. It was over a long time ago. The bosses gone long past have made agrements of a 'peace' between us. No all out war. In fact, if we were to get into a war, we would be helping eachother. We do this because, with Midnight, we have no weaknesses. Their types are seemingly perfect to cancel out ours.

No, our sights focus on the bloody Inferno. And especially after what happend today, we are sure that war will rage swiftly and without fear."

Alex walked quicker down the aisle, knowing, but full well regretting the connaissence job he was sent on.

"Tell me Alex... do you know anything of... Pokeblocks?"

Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Ha, sure, Shard. You're still scared, I can tell. Prophecy, leave us."

"Yes, sir" The claydol said as it floated off.

"So, can you really control your sand storm like that?" Shard asked pointing to the unusual patterns the sand was making.

"Yes, I can. It's all thanks to the Devil Gene."

"The Devil who?" Shard replied, very confused.

"It's an inborn trait that gives the user incredible abilities when activated. Although, without years and years and years of experience the power cannot be controlled."

"Do I need to learn how to control it?" Shard asked.

"No, only a pokemon who is shiny at birth has the Devil Gene inside them and if it isn't used by the time they are 4 years old, they will stay shiny, but the gene becomes dorment."

"So why don't they all use it?"

"It responds to desperation. A desperation that comes when you or someone you care about is in mortal danger. No other need can trigger the Devil Gene's first appearance. Even in a city like ours, that condition is rare to a 4 year-old."

While Tyrant was talking, the light switch in Shard's head finally clicked on. "Hey, wait a minute. You aren't shiny so how do you have it?"

Tyrant chuckled. "The sign of mastering the Devil Gene after years of practice is that you loose your shinieness. In otherwards, Shard, I've mastered my Devil Gene."

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((Damn, Daveshan explained the Devil Gene before me. My explanation was basically exactly the same, just the Psyche leader telling me, whatever. On With The Show))

Hades staring out the window in disbelief looked a couple of meter out nearer to the Fence and noticed a hole. "One of the Steelix must have escaped and taken him with them back to the Inferno HQ, and in their hurry they didn't fill it in. I've got to go down there, but Psyche have never really had any problems with Inferno before, I have no reason to. I'll go ask the boss."

Hades slowly walked down the corridor to the Bosses office, as he got closer he could hear people talking inside, The Boss and who he thought was Alex the Zangoose he met earlier. Hades put his ear to the door to try to hear what they were talking about, attacking Inferno. "Do I have great timing or what?" Hades slowly opened the door of the office and stepped in. "Boss, I hear you want to attack Inferno, well now is the perfect time, in their speedy retreat of 2 Inferno members they left an underground tunnel that I presume leads to Inferno HQ vacant. We could just walk down there and emerge right in the middle of their HQ."

Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:16 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((M_M, no, I just read daveshan's post about the escape. The tunnel would only lead outside of Psyche territory; They wouldn't bother digging a tunnel any further than they needed to remain undetected, IE, once they were safely out of Psyche Territory.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((Why do you think i said Presume, I knew they weren't going to go that far))

Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:37 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Yeah, I suppose you're right. I just don't want anyone innocent getting hurt, that's all. I mean, I don't even remember why this who war started in the first place."

He sighed, and didn't say anything for a moment or two. "But yeah, I'll let you know if I need any help, and if my house is in shambles like I think it is, then I'll accept your offer. Thanks, it means a lot. I just wish Pokemon from different teams could get along like this, but by the looks of things, it ain't gonna happen."

Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:54 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Now, now, don't worry too much about innocents getting hurt. I've been around Pokemon City for a while, and I've noticed that pretty much everyone involved with the gangs is not very innocent anymore. And why the war got started... well, I've been living in Pokemon City my whole life, and it's been going on as long as I can remember. Who knows, though, maybe we'll be the ones who can end it." Phillip smiled at this thought, and left Fivestar alone in the guest room. He smelled the breakfast Jasmine was cooking.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Fivestar sighed, thinking that was impossible. "Perhaps," he said, putting on a fake smile. He tried getting out of bed again, only to stumble and fall in pain after a few steps. He managed to get back into bed, wincing eevry now and then.

"Ok...don't get out of bed for a while," he mumbled to himself.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:13 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shard's mouth was agape. A rare gene that gives its owner super-pokemon powers that could drive him or her insane and his leader had mastered it. "What about machine pokemon? The ones that are manufactured aren't born but I've seen shiny ones."

"Those are simply made with shiny materials. I don't know why, but I know they don't have the Devil Gene."

One more question entered Shard's head. "Why are you telling me this, sir?"

Tyrant laughed. "You under-estimate yourself, Shard. You took out a top-class Psyche scientist. It'll be quite awhile before they get all his data copied and placed into the next, workable M-unit. So, I decided to reward you with the knowledge of why the pokeblocks that the Midnight Gang dumped are so important. You were awfully curious about them at Fivestar's restaraunt."

Shard gulped. "You know about what I said there?"

Again, Tyrant laughed. "Don't worry. Midnight knew we knew. There greatest strength is that they know just about everything that everyone knows. If that dragonite didn't know when you told him, he would have eventually if he was important enough in Midnight."

"So why are they important?"

A fierce smile formed on Tyrant's face. "I'm glad you asked..."

((Hey, Siphai, do you want to make up the importants of the pokeblocks or do you want me to?))

Last edited by daveshan on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:51 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Actually, I'll proffer a theory, that you all can use or not use. The Pokeblocks have been engineered to A) Turn pokemon that eat them shiny. and B) eliminate their type(s)' weaknesses. IE, Normal is no longer vulnerable to Fighting. Dark is no longer vulnerable to Bug and Fighting. In short, they become nearly invincible, at least against normal pokemon. And, of course, every gang wants it all to themselves, especially it's creators, Midnight.))

Phillip sat at the table, pondering the last two night's events, and eating breakfast. Hmm. Something is still bothering me about those pokeblocks that everyone was talking about at Fivestar's the other night. I've got to find out more info, it seems like it might be important.

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Well, Siphai brought his post to a pause when the Psyche leader was about to reveal to his character the purpose for the pokeblocks, so I thought I'd give him first dibs at revealing their purpose.))

Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:03 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Okay, that's fine. I just wanted to make sure I got my idea, which I've been kicking around for a couple of days now, out on the table before someone decided on something else. Since it's not written into the story, it's not part of it yet, but it's what I would suggest for the mystery of the Pokeblocks.))

Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Just saw that Sephai left this over in the netbattle tournament thread:
Siphai wrote:
Guys, get these matches done. I am leaving for three weeks, starting on Saturday, for vacation, so you have an extention period of that amount of time.

So, I guess, since he hasn't posted today, I'll take a shot at explaining the pokeblocks.))

"The Devil Gene is, in my opinion, the next step in pokemon evolution. So naturally, everyone wants to get on board." Tyrant began.

"So the pokeblocks give you the Devil Gene?" Shard asked.

"No, something like that would be impossible. What the blocks contain is a special pokerus. Normally, when a pokemon has a pokerus, its body works extra hard to make it strong so it won't be threatened while in its weakened state. What the pokerus in the pokeblocks that Midnight dumped in the river does is give you the ability to have all the power of the Devil Gene with none of the control."

"But, you said you can't control it." Shard replied.

Tyrant shook his head. "You misunderstood me, Shard. You can't control it once it's activated, but before it is, you can. Your body only activates a real Devil Gene when your subconscience feels it is absolutely needed in the worst do-or-die scenario and since it is tied to your subconscience, it is able to tell friend from foe. What this virus does is activate whenever its host is angry in the slightest amount and doesn't distinguish anyone from anyone."

Tyrant sighed. "Imagine, a pokemon wakes up and stubs his or her toe and suddenly, an entire apartment building is destroyed."

"How do you know that?" Shard asked inquizatively.

"I saw the same test subjects that Midnight did. The pokeblocks were originally presented by an outside vendor to all the gang leaders. Midnight was the only one who bidded on them because they felt they could fix the imperfections in the virus. Obviously they failed to make any progress or they wouldn't have dumped the blocks when the authorities were getting suspicious."

Shard was taken back more than a bit as Tyrant used part of his sand storm to bring himself and Shard a drink. A drink, which Shard new better than to refuse.

"Now, about this war with the Psyche Gang." Tyrant continued after finishing his drink. "Do yourself a favor and don't eat any strange pokeblocks that you find lying around. We're going to use the special ones as weapons."

Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:25 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Fivestar immediately smelt breakfast cooking once he was back in bed. He would go over there and eat, but since he was still in pain, that wasn't going to happen.

"This is great; my house is gone, my restaurant is done for, Solar's after my head...my life's ruined, and it's all because of this stupid gang war." He sighed, then turned over to get more confortable. "At least not everyone is a creep like Razor..." he said bitterly.

Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:11 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"How... Why are we going to use pokeblocks that turn pokemon into invincible, killing machines as weapons?" Shard asked.

"It's simple, really." Tyrant replied coldly. "If they have no control, they will attack each other and we will be spared from having to lose troops.

"All the gangs hate each other, Shard. But, do you know why there aren't constant wars going on? Everyone knows that the police would never be able to stop it."

Shard shook his head, no.

"It's because, when you attack one gang, you drop your guard and are open to invasion from another gang. Once that gang invades, they are open to an invasion and so on until every gang is conquering every other gang's territory. With the pokeblocks, we will be ready to take over their territory and not have to drop our defenses."

"That's amazing." Was all Shard could say.

"Sufice to say, yes it is." Tyrant replied. "Now, go. Return to your job, prepare for war, and don't eat any strange pokeblocks."

Shard complied and left Tyrant's office. "I don't believe it." He said to himself. "A war, fought with pokeblocks."

Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Hee hee hee, Mind controlling suicide bomber candy.))

Phillip finished eating breakfast, then realized that Fivestar hadn't joined him at the breakfast table. Thinking back, he decided that it was probably because Fivestar was in pain. Ever thoughtful, he went to the bathroom and got two painkiller pills, and then went back to the kitchen and dished up a plate of breakfast. He then took the plate and painkillers in to Fivestar.
"I thought you might like some breakfast, and since you still seem to be in pain, I thought I'd bring it in to you, plus two painkillers. Jasmine and I have to go in to work now, but here's my cell phone number, if you need to call me for anything." Phillip said, writing the number down on a piece of paper.
"See you later!" Phillip said, and left for work. Jasmine would be on her way shortly, but Phillip had a feeling he needed to get there a bit early today.

Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Thanks," was all he could say. He was surprized at the Dragonite's kindness. They were usually kind by nature, but in a city like this, any form of kindness was rare. He shrugged this off and started eating the breakfast; he would take the pills afterwards.

"Will do," he said after Philip wrote down his cell phone number.

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:02 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Mwahahahahaha... Midnight beats Inferno to the punch. After all, they've been working on (and producing these) for a couple of weeks now.))

On his way in to work, Phillip passed a pokeblock stall in Midnight territory, near the border on the neutral zone around PokeCity Park. Displayed prominently on the cart was a new kind of pokeblock, with a vaguely... shiny color. Phillip stopped to look, reading the sign: "New Pokeblock flavor! Brand New! 1/2 Price for Midnight Members!" Phillip looked at the rest of the stall, noticing the "Subsidiary of Team Midnight" fine print on the store's name. Then it clicked. One of the first training sessions for Midnight had ingrained the following rule: "If a store owned by Midnight offers something '1/2 Price for Midnight Members!', so not, under any circumstances, purchase or use that item until you have received further instructions from Midnight HQ." Phillip's mind drifted back to the strange Pokeblocks, as he hurried in to work at the Midnight HQ building.

Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Shard had to head to his parents house. He knew Tyrant would rip his throat out if he told anyone about the blocks without permission, but he had to make sure his family was safe.

He knocked on the door to their appartment and his dad, Surge, a blastoise, opened the door. "Well, look what the persian dragged in. Hey, honey, it's Shard!"

"Hey dad." Shard said as he heard his mom, Sandra, a charizard, drop what she was doing.

"Well, don't just stand there, son, come in, come in." Surge said.

Shard entered the appartment and sat down on the couch.

"Shardy!" Sandra yelled as she glided over and hugged Shard. He hated being called Shardy but it was his mom so he really couldn't complain.

"How's life treating you these days, son?" Surge asked.

"That's what I need to talk to you about." Shard replied.

Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:56 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Phillip arrived at Midnight's HQ building a few minutes later. The place looked like it had been turned into a fortress overnight. The normally welcoming atmosphere (the better to spy on you) had been replaced by a tense, menacing one. Four Nidoking guards loitered about the entrance, while the main foyer was crowded with Midnight members, speculating about what was going on. On the exterior walls, one could see an occasional glimpse of Ghastly, Haunter, Misdreavus, and other Ghost-type guards, keeping a constant vigil on the nearby buildings and streets.

Phillip approached the doorway, and was allowed to pass after he identified himself to the Nidoking guards. He then entered the foyer, and waited with the rest of the Midnight members. A few other gang members trickled in, but it was evident that Phillip was one of the last ones to get there. A few minutes later, a hush fell over the crowded gang members, as the team's illustrious leader, a Gengar, entered, flanked by his personal bodyguards, a pair of Tyranitar.

"Members of Midnight, a new day has dawned. Appearing today, all through the city, courtesy of Team Midnight, is a new type of Pokeblock. This pokeblock appears rather shiny. It was invented by our scientists, for one purpose only; to destroy the other four gangs, and take control of Pokemon City for ourselves. Pokemon who eat this pokeblock undergo many radical changes. At the slightest provocation, they fly into a destructive mayhem, sometimes flattening whole buildings. This destructive assault is preceded by a change in the pokemon's coloration; they become "shiny" about 15 seconds before they activate. Thus, I offer you two stern warnings. First, if you see an oddly colored pokemon, get as far away from it as possible. Second, do not eat anything containing or related to this new pokeblock. If you do, you risk becoming a danger to your friends, faminly, and teammates. We do have a limited amount of antidote; if you believe you have been contaminated, report in immediately, and we will send a team out to you, as it is too dangerous for you to come to HQ. That is all. Soon, Midnight will rule the city."

The Gengar left again, flanked by his two bodyquards, and the room erupted into a hundred different conversation between the gatherd Midnighters.

Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Mysterious pokeblocks?" Shard's dad was confused. "How do pokeblocks cause pokemon to go ballistic?"

"Well, little Serpy, across the street, goes crazy for the orange ones." Sandra said jokingly.

"It's just a rumor I heard." Shard lied. "One of the gangs, I don't know which, got a hold of these pokeblocks that make you go on an unstoppable rampage and they're going to use them in some huge up-coming turf war."

"It wasn't the Inferno Gang, was it, Shard?" Surge asked in an intimidating tone.

Shard got nervous. "No, why do you think it was them?"

"Because, we know you are a member of Inferno." Sandra said in a low voice. "You aren't as clever as you think, Shard."

"So why haven't you done anything to stop me?" He asked his mom.

"You're a big pokemon." Surge said. "We can't tell you what to do anymore. You have to make your own decisions."

"So you know I'm going to be involved in the war." Shard said in a low voice.

"Yes, we do." Surge said. "Just remember something when you're fighting, war's arrise to keep individuals safe. Gaining power is just an incidental factor."

Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:35 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Fivestar sighed. He was stuck in bed all day, with nothing to do at all, and in intense pain.

"Nothing much I can do but rest up..." he thought as he went to sleep, but not before taking the painkillers.

"Hopefully...I can get better...by...tomorrow." he said, right before falling asleep.

Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:17 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: In the middle of a gun fight, In the center of a restaurant
((I'm back and its time to go deeper because this story goes far deeper than any of you could have predicted))

Paul awoke in a tube full of liquid. His head was throbbing and many wires were attatched to him.
"The subject has awoken m'lady" said an abra as he bent down on one knee to greet a figure entering the room. So far the figure was just a silhouette in the dim lab. Paul could make out three other figures working a other stations, a xatu, a haunter and an espeon. As the figure approched Paul cold see that it was tall and had a long yellow Kimono on along with a white mask painted with make-up. A bun of black hair sat messily on top. This was.......a human?

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next