It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 389 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Land of Arpee - I'm Just So Proud 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Whelks everybody to the newest RP from the Cutlet. Hope you join, enjoy, etc.

Story: The land of Arpee is the place where all RP characters live and have their adventures. It's a lush, peaceful land, full of jungles and forests. The RP characters live in small communities scattered around the world in tiny villages. They've had happy days for the past 1000 years, but now a evil force is attacking their peaceful land. A Dark Tyrant, who goes by the name of Dark Tyrant, has appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, with the purpose of destroying all creative RPing forever.

You will be playing as one of your own RP characters (preferably no new ones) either in the effort to stop the Tyrant or to aid him. If you do wish to help the bad guy you need a very good reason.

The profile you need to submit isn't very strict, you should all know by now how to do one. You don't need age, though, because all potential RP characters have existed for an infinite amount of time.

- - - -

Hokay, so. Here's my character:

Name: Undeadcutlet and his friend, the DJ
Appearance: Undead is a blonde haired, blue eyed, pale skinned youth, who generally wears jeans and and a t-shirt. The DJ just looks like a DJ.
Personality: Undead is slightly crazy and very paranoid (esp. of zombies). He is constantly on edge and always has a caffeine/sugar high. Nobody knows what the DJ thinks and he doesn't have any distinguishing qualities except for the curious way in which he communicates - with a series of eye, head, and hand movements.

- - - -

(( First Post! ))

Undead walked up the steps of the DJ's portable stage, which was currently situated in the centre of a large grassy field, and tripped at the top as one always does when walking up a stage. He walked to the center of the stage and the DJ wordlessly passed a long, golden microphone, giving him a nod and a wink to go with it. "So that's what it's for!" Undead nodded in understanding, held the microphone to his mouth, cleared his throat, and said, "testing... testing..." The call rang through all of the Land of Arpee. Undead was sure that all who heard it and understood it as the call to the enemies of the Tyrant would come to the stage.

Last edited by Undeadcutlet on Thu May 04, 2006 7:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

LOL!! Well isn't this an... interesting idea. I'll happily join.

I've only got two RP characters, and I certainly like this one better. Here's the pro:

Name - Murmanthius
Occupation - Djinni, 9th level
Appearance - Changes often, though his favorite tends to be a dark-haired boy who looks like he was around in the Middle Ages. Wears green pants and off-white tunic.
Personality - sarcastic, witty, often insulting

I'm not sure what to do until others arrive, but I'll put in something once they do.

Last edited by Bartimeus on Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

(( Well you could come to the stage like I hinted in my post :wink: ))

Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:41 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sure, I'll join, though I've been in so many RPs and have so many characters I don't know who to choose...ah, I know.

Name: Stewart (His last name doesn't matter)
Apperance: Dark Blue Yoshi, with red "saddle" and shoes. Also, a magic sapphire necklace which allows him to change into his human form, but he rarely if ever does that.
Personality: A bit overconfident, but at least he always tries to do the right thing. Quick-witted and a bit stubborn as well I suppose.
Other: Ability to waterbend, like on that Avatar show, except he's really good at it, though if he does it in excess it tires him out.
--

After saving the world a few times, he wanted a vacation, and was granted one in the land called Arpee. He was relaxing, almost napping, at the beach; it looked like he was working on his tan, although most of his skin is blue. He opened his eyes as he heard someone call out over the cliffs that lead to some fields behind him.

"Wonder who that could be. In a wacky way, it sounds sort of...familiar, nah, it must be the heat getting to you," he reassured himself. "Better check it out anyway I guess," he said as he got up and proceded to walk up and around the tall clifss that led to the grassy plain field thingys.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:48 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

James Hawkins was a slavedriver. I had been summoned once again to this foolish world with not even a weeks rest. True, time matters not in the Other Place, but since humans can't comprehend something so complex, I'm trying to make it easier for you.

I arrived in the pentacle in the form of a wolf clouded in shadows, but with burning red eyes. Eyes that saw another boring task not worthy of my effort.

"Murmanthius", spoke my master from the pentacle in front of me. "I have another task for you. One that may be of great interest to you. There has been a call in the Land of Arpee going out to all those who wish to oppose Dark Tyrant."

"Are you kidding?", I asked, surprised by something that sounded so ridiculous. I've never heard of the 'Land of Snarky'. And what kind of name is 'Dark Tyrant'? Obviously has no intention of masking his intentions."

"You will be silent, Murmanthius", he replied. "until you are given your charge. And it is this: you will travel to Arpee, find where this message originated from, and lend a hand in desposing of Dark Tyrant. Am I understood?"

"Like I have a choice", I muttered.

I recieved some last minute instructions, and immediately set out for what sounded like one of my most bizzare orders yet.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Undeadcutlet waited impatiently at the front of the stage, tapping is foot. The DJ, somehow from a sitting position, patted Undeadcutlet on the shoulder. "I know what you mean," Undead said, nodding his head.

Where are the armies of characters?! Where are the people who are going to help me fight Dark Tyrant?

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Name: Drakaan
Species: Frost Dragon
Appearance: This is about the best pic I can find of her at ze moment.
She has two crystals on her forehead and chest that allow her to use magic.
She's about 6 feet tall, and 9 feet long. She can use magic to change her size, though.
History: Drakaan's one of the very few Frost Dragons remaining, two others being her brother and evil sister. She left her homeland after her family's murder, then left the land she arrived at for Arpee.
Personality: She's got a temper and tends to be overly sarcastic about some things, but if someone that she really likes is in danger, she'll do her best to help (And she may get hurt doing it, she really doesn't care).
Magic Powers: Transformation, Disabling, Teleporting (to an extent), Shielding, and a few other random things. She can also use a few psychic powers, but they're usually limited to telekinesis and telepathy. (They say she was experimenting in necromancy before she came to Arpee, though..)
Breath attacks: Fire, Ice, Poison (Poison's the trademark Frost Dragon weapon)
Voice: Sorta deep. If you've played Drakan: The Ancient's Gates, it's Arokh's.

She transformed into a human, eh? He's Roy from SSBM (and Fire Emblem). Just in case you don't know who he is, and also since I'm changing him around a bit...

Name: Roy
Species: Human
Appearance: Decent picture.
History: Roy is Drakaan's human form. He was created when Drakaan, Jen, and Draco fought the evil in the tower in her other land. (Drakaan was forced into human form by the Dark Lord's magic, and once she broke the spell, she found she could transform into him at will)
Personality: Arrogant, but if you befriend him his tune changes...
Voice: SSBM Roy (But, in English ^_^)
Other: Roy still has his sword, but it's in it's sheath most of the time.

Just clarifying something: Roy and Drakaan will never be in the roleplay at the same time, so I don't want you saying something to Drakaan, then turning around to Roy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drakaan lay in the field, sleeping under the warm sun. She awoke to the sound of footsteps, and they seemed to be getting nearer.

She rolled over and stood up, letting out a growl. But, she couldn't see what it was coming closer...

Fearing the worst, she used her magic to cloak herself (Invisible), leaving only the glow of the jewels on her show.

Last edited by Gardevoir1313 on Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:09 am, edited 10 times in total.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:16 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Why exactly am I going to some random voice I don't really even know," he questioned himself, but he just shurgged and went along. After running for about five minutes, he rubbed his eyes, making sure he was not seeing things. But he wasn't; he did see a compact portable stage, with a DJ and another guy on it. Stewart assumed the guy was the one makin the calls.

"Hey, was that you making those calls?" he asked, pointing to Undead.

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:31 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Drakaan grumbled to herself. Grr...why'd I wake up when there's nothing here...?!

She stopped cloaking and decided to walk around for a while. After a few minutes, she spotted something that looked like a building, but collapsable.

Wonder what that's doing here...better check it out. She snuck closer, then transformed into her human form.

Drakaan, under her alias known as Roy, approached the group.

((See above post for who he is))

Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Undead nodded at Stewart enthusiastically, descending the stairs of the stage. He walked over to Stewart, shook his hand, and said "welcome, my name's Undeadcutlet. I was the one who summoned you.... but, well, do you know where the unlimited hordes of unending, indestructable soldiers are?"

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:55 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Stewart shook Undead's hand and answered, "Well...um...not exactly. I highly doubt such an army woud listen to a random call for help..."

Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:38 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Roy overheard something about an army. "I agree with Stewart. That is your name, right...? Ah, nevermind. I think this is about the only army you'll get, unless you speak to someone in charge of an army..."

Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:24 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Apparently, I've been drafted", I said as I strolled up in my usual form of the dark-haired boy. "I've been sent by a certain James Hawkins, apparently to assist in the dethroning of some Black King or whatever", I continued, unenthusiastically((sp?)).

The stage upon which I now stood stuck out from the rest of the sorrounding landscape, so I had assumed that this was my destination.

The others that now stood before me didn't look like enough to overthrow someone who has taken over all of Snarky. I voiced these opinions to my new comrades.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Undead looked around, incredulous. "But - but - but how will we defeat Dark Tyrant with just a handful of randoms?! He has deadly hordes of deadliness, and all we've got is freaky dinosaur," he gestured to Stewart, "a weird red haired guy," he gestured this time to Roy, "and it looks like we're being approached by a little kid!" Undead stamped his foot and looked back at the DJ. The DJ shrugged and smiled. "You're right!" He shouted, spit flying from his mouth, "we have every right to be angry!"

Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:44 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Well, did you honestly expect to do better? I mean, sure we may be outnumbered...by a lot, but...um...forgot it, I was never very good at making motavational speeches. I still think we can win if we try."

Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:40 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Who are you calling some little kid?" I said to Undeadcutlet. Just for effect, I became a flaming whirlwind, with two hot red eyes contained within. I hope it doesn't rain... I changed back to my preffered form.

But even with such amazing powers and incredibly good looks at my disposal, I was quite sure that these various creatures displayed before me were no match for Shadowy Dictator and his hordes of maggot eaten cronies.

"How's this for an idea", I hollered. "Why not try and find some more allies to assist us instead of standing around chatting like grandmas and feasting on tea and dumplings. Or is this not the crowd for undertaking dangerous and most likely fatal quests?"

Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:17 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Who you calling a weird redhead?!" Roy drew his sword. "Before I came here, my two friends and I conquered a Dark Lord, and if that isn't enough, I don't know what is."

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:07 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Look, even though you beat a Dark Lord and I beat three legendary golems and a madman, Mr. Flaming Tornado Guy has a point; we're not going to beat this Dark Tyrant if we just sit here and do nothing."

Stewart stopped and took a breath, "But if we're traveling together for a while, the least we can do is introdcue ourselves."

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:35 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Meh, guess you're right." Roy put away the sword. "Name's Roy."

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"I've been called several names, but the one that seems to be used most often these days is Murmanthius. It's a pleasure to meet you", I said, with a hint of sarcasm. "So what do you say, should we get on the road? And where exactly is Evil Ruler located?"

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Who hasn't defeated Dark Lord before?" said Undead, looking at Roy with amusement, "but this is Dark Tyrant. He's much worse." Undead nodded knowingly and tapped his nose. Then he walked onto the stage and beckoned for the rest of them to get on. "Okay, this stage can fly but only so far. The DJ'll take us to the main road and then watch us from the skies. We need to head out, but hopefully we'll find some enormous legions on our way."

Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:11 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"I must agree that enormous legions may be useful somewhere along the line", I said. "But you haven't answered my question. Exactly where are we going?"

A flying stage? Interesting.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:27 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Probably closer to wherever Dark Tyrant is," Stewart said, trying to answer Murmanthius's question. He hopped on the flying stage and looked at the sky above.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:13 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Roy looked around. "First, that rock hasn't beaten a Dark Lord. Second...I doubt that we'll find any legions. Right now we're in the middle of nowhere..."

Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"We won't be in the middle of nowhere for long," Undead said, winking at all three of them simultaneously. "This stage is the fastest *cough* and only *cough* flying machine in the Land of Arpee not under Dark Tyrant's control. We'll be at the road soon." The DJ grinned and pressed a button. A pair of wings extended from either side of the stage and it lifted slightly off the ground, ready to shoot up into the air.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 389 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next