It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Pure Shadows-- the story has begun! 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
((Poffin, btw... I really hope Carolina isn't eating a bird >.> and Lyrica's a Nidoqueen.))

"I am. I don't think you met my Irregulars yet, did you?" I waved a hand at my Pokemon. "Terra is the Flygon, and Lyrica's the Nidoqueen. Draco, my Garchomp, is a fierce fighter but I don't want to tip my hand just yet, and Hektor's weak to Flying types so it'd be a bad idea to bring him."

I glanced over at Jeremy's Pokemon, and raised an eyebrow. "Oooh, a Cradily. You really do like fossil Pokemon, don't you?"

Princess, my Froslass, floated over to investigate the new Ghost-type-- a large sarcophagus-shaped Pokemon with red eyes-- swiftly followed by my Rotom, Sparks. Taking out my Pokedex, I scanned the Pokemon, and the eyebrow rose even higher. "Cofagrigus... Interesting. I hear they're hard to train, and can be unfriendly. Yours seems pretty laid-back though."

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Again, sorry for the long-time-no-post; tough week at school. Luckily, things are going back to that makes my schedule much less hectic. I'll be posting later today! :D))

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As I headed down to the lobby, I made a few last minute decisions about my team. I headed to the PC and swapped Shade and Titan for Hunter, my Weavile, and Volt, my Luxray. I let my team out, Jolt and Volt immediately gravitating to each other, and headed outside, after grabbing a couple of fruits to eat.

Seeing Cat and Jeremy under a tree I headed over noticing that they both had their teams out.

Quake flew over to see the other Flygon.

"Two fossil Pokes? Not many people can find that many. My dad used to have a few..." I addressed Jeremy, my voice trailing off as I recalled the incident. "So, you guys ready to battle? I know I am."

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((No problem, Pory. :) ))

Terra cooed, sniffing the male Flygon curiously as I smiled, scratching behind her crest. "Terra's a sweetheart, she's nowhere near Draco's power level but she's more than a formidable fighter. I've had her since she was a Trapinch."

As the others began to gather, I stood up, recalling all my Pokemon except my Charizard, who stretched his wings with a quiet rumble. "I'm ready to go whenever you guys are."

Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:36 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

He wished Red was right. Spence wasn't in the best of moods. Even a little bit of happiness would help right now, "Yeah, we can be sparing partners," he faked a smile. Spence nodded to Cat with an answer to get going, "Yeah, let's go."

Waving to Alphonse to follow, he greeted the others outside to walk towards the coast, Gale Collosseum. Spence took the lead, his Togekiss barrel rolling in the air behind him. Having a look around, many trainers were off in groups of their own, going to all kinds of different collosseums. He wondered how far each of them could go.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

~The next morning...

I woke up to find my entire team awake, mingling around, probably waiting for me to get up.

I yawned and stretched my arms. "G'morning, guys," I said. They all cried in response.

I got out of bed and took a shower, got changed, and put my team in their Pokeballs, all except for Cirrus, who stayed out with me. As I walked down through the lobby, I spotted a PC, and decided to swap a Pokemon. I swapped Deluge for Acciaio, my Aggron, then went outside.

I joined Cat and Jeremy under a tree. After a little conversation, Cat recalled most of her team, saying she was ready to go if we were.

"I'm ready." I recalled Cirrus and walked out into the path, grinning. "Let's go beat a daredevil."

~Neil Peart

Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Well I guess I should swap out my Pokemon as well since this will be mostly a Flying type battle." I walked to the PC that was in the lobby and swapped Sceptile for a more durable Pokemon against Flying types. "Sorry buddy but I can't risk it here. You know I can't make the same mistake again." I pushed a few buttons and recieved a new Pokemon within a few beeps of the machine. Slowking looked at me, "It's been a while since you have battled with him." I know, but he's the one that can complete the team to stop any Flying types. Plus we have time to warm-up with Spence.

I released Togekiss and returned Gallade. Hopping onto her we took off, flying with the group towards the Collosseum. Slowking sat behind me, running through battle strategies between both Spence and the fierce Aerodactyl. This will be fun.

EDIT: Just added the flying to the Collosseum.

Last edited by redt on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Just to let everyone know, I am away on Chinese New Year vacation from the 22nd to the 28th. I'll be back on the 29th :) ))

Dari scooped me up, setting me on his back at the base of his neck as he took off, following Spence and his Togekiss. The black dragon wasn't built for aerobatics, but we'd trained enough that he was better in the air than the vast majority of normal Charizards.

We flew south, heading for the Gale Colosseum in comfortable silence, before a trainer mounted on a Swellow rose into our path, waving a cheerful greeting. "Good morning! If you're here to challenge the Gale Colosseum, follow me down."

"Huh, an African Swellow. Unusual." Nudging Dari's chest with my heels, I guided the Charizard down after the Swellow, landing atop a cliff with a long bridge connecting it to the lighthouse a little ways off the coast. Cora Hewitt, her long blonde hair tied back in a braid, was waiting there, seated atop her Aerodactyl. A thin curl of smoke rose from Dari's nostrils at the sight of the fossil Pokemon, and I tapped his neck in a reminder that this was not the time to challenge it.

She nodded a cheerful good morning as other trainers started to gather, jostling for landing or standing space on the clifftop.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After everyone was ready, we all started towards the Gale Colosseum.  I recalled the rest of my party except for Dima.  I climbed onto the Mamoswine's back, and we plodded slowly to the stadium with the others.

It wasn't a long walk, but when we finally got there, the cliff was abundant with trainers.  I eyed Cora's Aerodactyl with a bit of jealously.  I had always wanted an Aerodactyl of my own, but hadn't been able to find a fossil of it as of yet.

Dima was positively bristling with anticipation.  She could barely keep still.

"I know girl, I'm excited too," I said as I rubbed her smooth brown coat.

I had been doing some planning before the match.  I didn't have any Flying types, but Stephanie and Nefertiti both could levitate.  Everyone else had at least one move that's super effective to Flying types.  I knew that it was probably a risk to use such bulky Pokémon in an area so tight for space, but it was a chance I'd have to take.

Scanning the crowd, I could see that many trainers had brought along their own flying types.  I spotted Kaitlin among them with her Weavile, and now a Fearow.  Hopefully I wouldn't be paired with her for a battle.  But fate hates us, so there was a pretty high possibility.

Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Ok, LM. Have fun on vacation! :)))

I jumped on Cirrus. "C'mon Cirrus! Travel in Cat's direction to the Gale Colosseum!"

At my command, Cirrus jumped up and shot into the air in Cat's direction. Soon, we were among a bunch of other trainers, flying around me or walking below.

After a little flying, we approached the Colosseum. I spotted Cat and nudged Cirrus. "Look, there's Cat. Can you land next to her, bud'?"

"Fly, Flygon!" I got in response. He dove in and landed next to Cat. I got off Cirrus and talked to Cat. "Let's wait for the others before we go in."

~Neil Peart

Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:08 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence walked the long way, reaching the bridge that led across a chasm of sharp rocks and crashing waves, leading towards the island like lighthouse in the distance. Sea air comforted Spence, along with his Togekiss who preached smiling on his shoulder. But along with last night's event, the dream, and the sight of their challenger...

Cora Hewitt, her long blonde hair tied back in a braid, was waiting there, seated atop her Aerodactyl.

Spence hesitated, not even taking another step on the bridge. He sighed lightly, gazing into the chasm. Such heights didn't bother a trainer like him. But he couldn't fight. Not like this. He knew this mood would reflect onto his pokemon and how they battled. It would hurt them, and then the promises of fighting everyone with a smiling face. He just couldn't do it.

Spence backed onto solid land, looking up at Red abound by his own Togekiss, "Sorry, Red..." he murmured quietly to himself.

Suddenly, his Xtransceiver rang. Spence picked it up. It was a message left last night. It must have been while the ceremony was taking place. It was a video message from grandma. Spence grinned, clicking it.

"Spence dear, we believe in you. Do your best! We love you!" - Grandma.

"You can do it, son. Never give up." - Grandpa.

"You're one of a kind, ever since Jan and Dan introduced me to you two boys. I knew you'd come far. Keep going!" - Professor.

"I love you, Spence. You'll always be a Champion in my eyes. We'll always be here rooting for you. Good luck!" - Cindy.

Spence felt a tear fall, the biggest grin on his face. As he closed the gear, he gazed up with new motivation.

"Well! Better not let them down! Right, Alphonse?!" The Togekiss cried happily, a light renewed in the young man's eyes, "We've come this far, we can't just give up now. No matter what."

Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As more trainers gathered, Cora raised a hand for silence, Crash the Aerodactyl reinforcing it with a loud, jarring screech that made humans and Pokemon alike wince.

"Good morning, and welcome to the Gale Colosseum. The selection challenge is simple. You just have to make it across that bridge to the Colosseum itself."

"Deceptively simple." Nick murmured with folded arms. "Are there any rules?"

"No flying, swimming, Teleporting, Shadow Sneaking, or anything of that kind. You have to cross via the bridge. Otherwise, anything goes." Cora grinned as she tapped the Aerodactyl's neck, the Pokemon stretching its wings and leaping into the air. "Don't worry, no Trainers will try to stop you... That's for later."

I turned to face the bridge as murmurs and conversation broke out. It sounded easy, but I was anticipating some evil twist in the situation. "Well, fortune favors the bold and all that."

The moment I stepped onto the bridge, I was assaulted by howling winds and forced to grip onto the rail as the bridge swayed alarmingly. Gritting my teeth, I reached for my belt and popped open Terra's Pokeball.

The Flygon materialized into thin air, hovering beside me with a concerned creel and reaching out to steady me with a paw. "Thanks, girl." I muttered as I began making my way across the bridge-- before a swirling in the waters below caught my eye and I swore. "Terra, dive!"

The Flygon dove and I ducked as a Cloyster's Icicle Spear shot up over my head. The waters had started to roil with a variety of Water Pokemon-- I couldn't tell if they were wild or trained, but I could tell this was trouble. "Back, girl, you're sitting this one out." I told her softly as the red beam of light engulfed my faithful Flygon. Ice type moves would mean disaster for my Pokemon.

"Kamala, go!" I heard Nick shout as he released his Medicham onto the field, the taller boy catching up to me in a few long steps. The Fighting type leaped downwards and smashed a Hi Jump Kick into the Cloyster's shell, punting it away. "You okay?"

"Yeah, thanks." I fumbled for another Pokeball, and released Sparky this time, the little Rotom buzzing and crackling with electricity.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"It's my turn now!" Spence began, sprinting across the first quarter of the bridge as Alphonse took off. Suddenly, as many as two Pidgeot welcomed him on either side in the distance, "Not good..."

With a batter of their wings, they shot Air Slashes one after the other. To dodge in the nick of time, Spence cartwheeled over, catching the railing to duck for another Air Slash above him. Spence gasped as a Pidgeot bellowed for a stronger move, the giant Air Slash taking and propelling him from the bridge itself.

Dangling from certain death, "Heh-heh, close call..." Spence chuckled, lifting himself back onto the planks with the grit of his teeth.

As the Pidgeot started powering up for another air blast, it took an Aura Sphere to the back.

"Way to go, Alphonse!"

Claws of another bird took Spence by the shoulders, digging into him. Spence growled in a struggle as the Pidgeot spread open its mighty wings to take off.

"Alphonse! Extrasensory, now!!"

The Togekiss beamed at the Pidgeot with its sharp clutches on his master. A Psychic power casting from the Togekiss and onto the Pidgeot. It flinched, Spence falling and landing back onto the uneasy bridge. He gave the Togekiss a thumbs up as he got up to run the rest of the way, "Thanks buddy!"

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nick yelped and cursed as Spence's weight made the bridge sway violently. "Hey! Watch it, buddy! This thing's unstable enough as it is!"

"Sparky." I pointed towards the attacking Pidgeot-- the Rotom chirped, then launched a Thunderbolt towards the bird that had attempted to grab Spence. The lightning hit squarely, sending the bird spiraling downwards with a pained squawk.

"You okay?" I called out as my Rotom floated through the air, sending electricity in all directions to dissuade the Water Pokemon below. Kamala was deftly avoiding the bolts and sparks, practically hopping from Pokemon to Pokemon and kicking most of them in the head as she passed.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Hey!" Spence's laughter from behind Cat and Nick, "We're a team, right? You've got my back, I've got yours! Alphonse, Extreme Speed!"

Water pokemon from all sides of Cat and Nick, using the move Aqua Jet, jumped up into an attack that managed to get through Sparky's awesome Thunderbolt. Alphonse swooped into a furious slash on both sides, taking them down with a swift strike from above.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I couldn't help but grin back at his enthusiasm, even as the wind whipped at my hair and face, making me shield my eyes so I could see. "Sparks, Discharge!"

The Rotom buzzed happily and let loose with a flare of electricity as the Togekiss shot through, the electricity hitting the multiple Aqua Jet attacks and conducting straight through to the Pokemon behind them. "Nice job, buddy, that should buy us a few minutes to cross in peace!" I called out to him.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:49 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Sparks, you're awesome!" Spence shouted, midway passed the bridge. Suddenly, a Pidgeot survivor bellowed a new move, landing and jumping the bridge up in front of him. Spence was knocked back by the cast as it used Double Team. The number of Pidgeot flying around was overwhelming. He needed to find the real thing otherwise passing the bridge would be impossible. And the violent sway of the wind wasn't helping. Spence needed to act fast, "Alphonse, use Extrasensory! One more time!!"

With all of the Togekiss's power, he cast the Psychic move. Not to defeat them, but to find the real Pidgeot among the hundreds. The flying pokemon in the back flinched. Alphonse fell off balance in the sky in his exhaustion. "Alphonse, return!" he summoned him back into his pokeball, unsheathing his blade.

"Here... we go!" Spence ran towards the Pidgeot in his way, leaping up to kick off it. Midair, he kicked from another, giving it a quick slash of his blade. The real thing was only a distance away, "Kimberley!!" he threw out his pokeball in the launch, "Flamethrower!!"

The fire blasted Pidgeot with a consuming plume. Completely charcoaled, the bird fell hurling down into the chasm to the safety of the water pokemon catching it. Spence grabbed onto the chandles of Kimberley, his Chandelure, as he swung back to land stumbling to the bridge. He sheathed his blade, walking towards the lighthouse and the rest of the way across the bridge.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nick grabbed my hand to prevent me from falling off as a beefy Trainer's weight jolted the bridge violently, earning shouts and yells from the other Trainers who had ventured onto the bridge. "Well, he's certainly bold. C'mon, we can't fall behind. Kamala, hold the bridge!"

The Medicham nodded once from her position balanced on an unconscious Starmie, her eyes glowing light blue as the bridge under our feet steadied. Flashing me a cocky grin, Nick took off at a run, with Sparks and I chasing him.

He made it to the other side thanks to longer legs, laughing as I mock-glared.

"Well done, Trainers." Cora was waiting, flanked by a Xatu which was projecting a green Psychic barrier to keep people from cheating by attempting to teleport or Shadow Sneak onto the lighthouse. "We'll wait a couple minutes to see who else makes it across."

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:20 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

After a few minutes, Spence made it safely to the other side as well. He noticed Cora waiting for them all as he looked back.

He gasped in terror, watching helplessly as he saw trainers fall to certain death within the chasm. He lifted a pokeball to throw it down.

"Dammit! Pokemon, I choose yo --- ?!!"

He was stopped by Cora's hand at his arm.

"What are you doing?!" Spence struggled, "They'll die damn it!"

She simply smiled, gazing back down. Spence glared, turning around to see. Hydro Pumps from stationary evolved form pokemon blasted upward, catching and saving the unconsious trainers and their pokemon. Others were caught by psychic types and their powerful psychic attacks, if not caught by flying swooping pokemon altogether. Spence sighed in relief, placing his arm back to his side.

"Oh... sorry."

"You're not as fun as you seem, are you? You really think we'd be so cruel?"

Spence looked away, "I've had a bad night... excuse me."

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((and now is a good time to pause and wait for the others, lol.))

I watched as a Gliscor swooped down effortlessly, snagging a Flareon that had been dislodged and dropping the Fire-type back onto the bridge next to its trainer before it could hit the water. "Easy, Spence, neh? The Circuit might be rough, but there's no way they'll let innocents die in during it. Look, the Gale Colosseum's trainers are out in full force to monitor things."

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence scratched the back of his head as he addressed Cat, "Yeah, you're right..." he was kinda embarassed now. Kimberley circled his head as Spence smiled upward at her, "You did a great job, too. Hopefully Alphonse recovers for the next trial. I might need him later." Spence thought outloud, "Only two flying pokemon left. However, I bet that Pidgeot wasn't quite expecting an attack like that. Heh-heh." He chuckled.

He used this time to watch on, to see how the other trainers were progressing. He wondered what kind of moves they'd pull off.

Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I recalled my team except for Quake. I climbed on and Quake took off. We landed beside the others just in time to hear the selection challenge, which was to simply cross the bridge, and the rules.

I decided to hold off until I saw what was so difficult about it. I saw Cat step on the bridge, which immediately started to sway. After seeing the barrage of attacks, I decided to go before I ran out of time.

"Quake, return." I watched as the red light engulfed him. "Lets go, Hunter." I chose the Weavile realising that the agility and light weight would probably be useful.

"Hunter, go ahead of me. Watch for threats."

"Weav." Hunter growled as he stepped on the bridge. I stepped on the bridge behind Hunter and nearly got blown off. I grabbed the rail and continued forward. I saw a Pidgeot coming in.

"Hunter, use Night Slash! Take out the Pidgeots!" Hunter leapt off the bridge and caught hold of a Pidgeot, and hit it in the back. He then jumped to the next one and repeated the process. I continued forward. Then, I felt something hit my shoulder. I looked at it and saw an icicle stuck there. I pulled it off and looked down and saw that the Water Pokemon had finally noticed me.

"Hunter!" I called and Hunter landed beside me. "Use Blizzard. Freeze the water." Hunter jumped on the rail and unleashed a torrent of freezing air. The lake froze, but only barely, and cracks started appearing immediately. I looked over to congratulate Hunter and saw that he had passed out from exhaustion. "Good job bud." I recalled Hunter and started running, spurred on by the sound of cracking from the ice below.

I heard a particularly loud crack and looked down to see a Seaking launch a Hydro Pump in my direction. I dove forward and felt it hit the bottom of the bridge. The bridge heaved and I went flying into the air. I reached forward and barely grabbed the edge of the cliff. But my hands, wet from the spray, started to slip.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Gahh, sorry!  I've been swamped by Midterms.))

The trainers raced out almost immediately as Cora signaled the start, Cat and Spence being no exception.  I decided to wait for a bit.  It would be best if I first analyzed what they did and then make my move.

As the trainers clambered across the bridge, Pokémon began to appear from the sky above and the sea below.  Trainers were bombarded from every angle, and many, both human and Pokémon fell unconscious.

"Dima, return," I said, as I brought the Mamoswine back to her Pokéball.  I would have to take another approach than brute force for this challenge.  "Stephanie, Nefertiti, it's your turn."  In a flash of red light, they were by my side. "Stephanie," I ordered, "I want you to put up a Reflect.  And Nefertiti, you use Protect.  You'll both need to focus everything you've got on it, understood?"  They both nodded in response.  "Good," I said. "Let's go!"

When we got to the start of the bridge, there were full force battles going on between trainers and Pokémon.  "Alright, use your moves now!"  The two Pokémon focused intensely, and a shimmering double-layered wall of energy shielded the three of us from harm.  I ran as fast as I could, trying to keep my balance on the swaying bridge.  Various attacks grazed the surface of the barrier, but none did much harm.  Many people were unconscious, knocked out in some way or another.  Heh, heh, I thought.  Haste makes waste.  At one point, a confused Flareon bumped into us and ricocheted off the bridge.  For a second I was horrified at what had happened, but at the last minute, a Gliscor caught it and brought it back up.  They must have trained Pokémon at the ready to save people from real harm.

I took a moment to peer down to the end, and saw that Cat, Nick, and a couple of other trainers had already made it.  I began to take off again, but Kaitlin sped by with her Weavile, slashing at Pidgeots as she made her way across.

"We can't let her beat us, let's go!" I shouted above the crashing of the waves.  But out of the corner of my eye, I saw a figure barely hanging on to the edge of the bridge.  It was Silas.  If he fell, then there would be one less competitor. But what would the others think of me?  But if I did, then I'd have to take down my barrier and Kaitlin would finish before me...

As his hand gave way, I made my decision.

"Both of you take down the barrier now!  Nefertiti: grab him!  Don't let him fall!"  The psychic wall fizzled and disappeared, and Nefertiti extended a shadowy limb to catch Silas's hand.  She pulled him up slowly, and in no time, he was standing on his feet again.  I turned to see Kaitlin just step onto the other side, a smug grin on her face.

"Are you all right?  I asked.  But suddenly, from below, a Walrein shot a super-charged Ice Ball that knocked Nefertiti out cold.  I fumbled for her Pokéball, and returned her.

"On second thought," I said, "let's move."

Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((This post pretty much covers beginning and end of the bridge for me haha. Didn't want to stop writing and use the traditional 2 posts.))

I watched as Cat and Spence ran head first onto the bridge. "They're bold. That's useful and destructive to their battle strategies." I nodded in agreement. But with the right strategy no one is unbeatable. I looked at the bridge. "So, how should we get across? A passive or aggressive way?" Slowking pondered for a moment, "Hmmm, well there are multiple ways of getting across. It depends on how you want people to see how you get across." He always gives me that wise crap; never a straight answer. "I can still hear you." Slowking frowned. "Sorry." I smiled.

I gazed at the bridge and thought as I saw Jeremy cleverly use shielding moves to make his way across the bridge. "Well I think I know one way of getting across most of the bridge." I exchanged my plan with Slowking. He nodded and smiled, "That may be one of the most eccentric ways to get there." He laughed, "But you'll need to watch for the other trainers and not knock them off as well." "Of course.", I grinned. "Well I'll wait in my ball until you're across, but make it fast. I cannot stand being in there. Nothing good to observe except the back of my eyelids." "Have a good power nap then hahaha." "And have a good trip." I recalled Slowking and released my Vaporeon. She shrilled in joy, sensing the ocean close. Togekiss came closer and nudged me. I smiled at them, "Alright, the only way we can get across the bridge is with the help of my girls." I relayed the plan to them and they nodded and smiled. Togekiss looked ecstatic with the plan and Vaporeon always welcomed a challenge.

We ran to the beginning of the bridge and watched as Pokemon and trainers alike battled on the swaying bridge. "Now Vaporeon you'll have to navigate carefully because the bridge will be swaying even more when we take off." She barked in response. "Alright. Togekiss you ready?" "Toge!" "Good. Start it Vaporeon." Vaporeon began tapping her tail against the ground. It seemed random at first but then a rhythm formed. She opened her mouth and began singing towards the sky. The Water Pokemon stopped, knowing what was happening. The clouds began accumulating over the bridge, growing darker by the second. Soon the sun was blotched out and rain began to pour across the chasm. I muttered, "Perfect." Vaporeon finished and Togekiss got in front of us. I grabbed around Vaporeon's neck as she faced opposite the bridge. "NOW!" I yelled over the thunder, which apparently trainers took the Rain Dance as time to use their electric moves. Vaporeon opened her mouth and let loose a super powered Hydro Pump.

Togekiss flew as fast as possible in front of us using a Protect to shield from any attacks. The three of us barreled down the swaying bridge, Vaporeon dodging Pokemon and trainers.Togekiss could barely keep up and as soon as we hit the middle of the bridge her Protect was battered with Flying type attacks. She cooed in restraint. "Keep it up Togekiss!! We're almost to a stopping point." Eventually we made it past most of the trainers and onto the last strain of the bridge. A powerful Staraptor dove at Togekiss. It used a Brick Break to finish off the Protect. The barrier shattered and evaporated around us. Togekiss started a mid-air battle as Vaporeon and I flew down the bridge. I told her to end the Hydro Pump. "Go Faaffy!" I threw a pokeball that released my Electric type. "Help out Togekiss with Thunderwave." Flaaffy charged up before releasing a small stream of electricity at the Staraptor. It shook for a moment before falling. Togekiss flew over and I could tell she was exhausted. I recalled her and continued down the bridge. A tream of Fearows came at us head on. "Vaporeon, use Whirlpool." She swished her tail quickly and a torrent of water began spinning towards the birds. Three of them were hit easily and caught in the whirlpool, but one avoided it and used a Whirlpool on us. "Dynamic Punch Flaaffy!" Flaaffy jumped up and smashed his glowing hand into the swirling water. It cancelled the move, "Now use Thunder." Flaaffy glowed brightly for a moment before electricity shot into the dark clouds. A large bolt of lightning came down onto the bird Pokemon, sending it spiralling down.

We finally reached the end of the bridge and the others. Cora smiled at me and my team, "Well well. I can say I've never seen that done before." I looked up at her and smiled, "A move I used in Blackthorn Gym. Clair wasn't too happy that I flooded her Gym though haha." I recalled my two Pokemon and released Slowking. He looked behind him at the black cloud over the bridge, "So it seems the other Water Pokemon kept the move going longer. I guess you were right in assuming that after all." See? Told you I knew what I was doing. But the Flying types got more aggressive at us and exhausted Togekiss.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My hand finally slipped and I felt myself falling. I started to reach for Quake's Pokeball when a shadowy hand caught me. I felt myself get pulled onto the bridge and found myself standing next to Jeremy and his Cofagrigus.

"Thanks a lot." I gasped.

"Are you all right?" He asked just as an Ice Ball from a Walrein knocked out Nefertiti. "On second thought, lets move."

"Good idea. Jolt! Volt! Lets go!" The two materialised on the bridge. "Jolt in front. Volt behind. Cover us as we cross."

The two growled and I started moving, just as it started to rain. I heard several of the Water Types below cry in delight. I started to move more quickly, trying to avoid getting launched into space again.

"Volt, you there?" I yelled over my shoulder.

"Lux." I heard.

"Use Thunder on the water. Give it everything you got." Suddenly the sky to my right light up and I felt a tingling in my fingertips. The river lit up as the attack hit it, and several of the Water Pokemon retreated. I looked back and saw Volt droop his head in exhaustion. "Great job, return and take a break." Once Volt returned I sprinted across the bridge with Jolt, and set foot on solid ground.

I took a few steps and just sat down. "Lets not do that again." Talking to no one in particular.

Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next