It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Pure Shadows-- the story has begun! 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
"You were the trainer that got hit by a Conkeldurr?" I chuckled, shaking my head as Belle padded up to investigate Jeremy with a polite mrow. "You're lucky to be standing right now..."

Nick answered the question as he returned with his Pokemon. "They were stealing Pokemon, probably to turn into Shadow Pokemon-- those dark and weirdly aggressive Pokemon we've been fighting. These thieves are good, they even got Leader Avila's Tyranitar. We managed to save some, but we're going out after the thieves since our Psychics have a mental lock on them, and Champion Larsen has authorized us to carry as many Pokemon as we can safely handle, so you might want to pick out some more to bring with you."

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:37 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I logged out of the PC when Champion Larsen walked in and told us that he was authorizing us to carry more than six Pokemon. I spun back to the PC.

"He couldn't have shown up thirty seconds ago." I grumbled under my breath. As I waited for the PC to load I pulled off my jacket and handed it to Fury. "Can you teleport home and to the hotel room and grab my gear and my other jacket?"

Fury grabbed my jacket and disappeared with a popping sound. I turned back to the PC and pulled out four additional Pokemon. The transfer had just completed when Fury reappeared. I grabbed everything from her and headed to where the others were standing. I released Fortune, my Grumpig. "Fury, can you explain what happened and share the psychic signature of the thieves and the Shadow Pokemon with Forutune?"

<Sure.> Fury replied and the two headed to a quiet corner.

As they left I pulled on the jacket that Fury had brought, a well-worn, black sports jacket with custom pockets. I then inserted the extra knives that Fury had brought into their corresponding pockets. I also put the extra Pokeballs into inner pockets that were small enough to hold them securely, but large enought to allow easy access, while my first six were clipped onto my belt. I pulled on headband that had a specially designed infrared lense. I noticed Champion Larsen looking at me funny. "What?"

"You've got a lot of gear there." He replied. "Not to mention that the headband looks kind of ridiculous."

"The lense is infrared and will allow me to see invisible Ghost Types, they show up as a cold spot. If we get attacked by Ghosts that are Shadow Pokemon then we could be in trouble. The rest of the gear I always carry with me when I travel." I replied as I pulled on a pair of fingerless, reinforced gloves in case I had to fight hand to hand.

"Whatever floats your boat." He replied and turned back to his conversation with Avila.

I turned back to the group. "So can you guys tell me about these Shadow Pokemon? I'm not overly familiar with them other than few references to them that were about as clear as mud."

Last edited by Dare234 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:10 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Geez, what has happened while I was sick?! The story I’m telling isn’t the all and end all to the Shadow Pokemon phenomenon, so please take it as just Spence’s backstory. The characters can of course have their assumptions. I just don’t want it to seem as if I’m taking the story away from LM, I’m just working off of it.))

A busy nurse approached the Champion in a whisper. As she turned away, the Champion came to see how the group was doing.

“It’s time. Let’s head off. Are we ready?” he faced Cat, “We’re leaving without Spence. If he chooses to do so, he’ll find us. Both his brother and himself are exceptional trainers as well as Elizabeth. Believe in him.”

--- In a time after the trainers had already left

A nurse peered into Spence's room window down the hall. The one who approached the Champion came to stand beside her with a doctor's report signed by a doctor from Unova. She flicked through it as she explained and questioned his medical history with the other nurse. Mumbles were all Spence could possibly hear as he laid rest.

"A coma? For only two months? He shouldn't be alive..." The sympathetic nurse rested her hand on the glass, "How could anyone do such a thing...?"

"I don't know. It's a mystery of who shot him in the first place, but it says here that he couldn't even tell you himself. He suffers from a unique kind of amnesia. Usually, a coma patient who has suffered head trauma is asleep for years to recover. Same goes with memories in that process, if they ever return at all. That takes time to recover, like fragments piecing back together bit by bit. However, this young man at only eighteen, managed to wake up somehow. Apparently, it says here that, to cope with the blanks in his memory, and he created his own story, his own fantasy... It was as if nothing ever happened at all," she looked into the window, peering with a finger descending her glasses, "You're right. He's lucky to still be alive. He is one of the survivors of that incident, after all."

"Those headaches of his... Why have they started now?"

"We can't be certain. We'll have to do some tests. Because of the trauma, our psychic pokemon are useless to investigate further. We'll need to do human medical examinations of his brain to further summarise our worries. But if my theory is correct, something is triggering his real memory and it's clashing with his fantasy... Come on, we better get the approval from Unova first."

The nurse sighed, gazing sadly inside, "I guess this means his pokemon journey is..." The nurse placed a shoulder on hers as that walked back down the hall, a whimper being heard. Spence opened his eyes, turning to the hall window to see if the coast was clear before leaning up and placing his feet to the floor. He checked the clock above on the wall, ticking away.

"Already been two hours... I guess everyone's already gone. I'll meet up with you guys later," Spence whispered under his breath, standing up to walk over towards the window's blowing curtain. He pushed it away, opening the window to it's full before placing a step in outside.

---

Spence landed to the ground outside the pokemon center as he began to run away. All the while, he opened his Xtransciever and requested for another five pokemon to be sent his way. He could only tell the Professor nothing but to trust him in a message. Hopefully the nurses hadn't spoken to the Unova hospital yet. He hadn't the time to worry about these headaches, whatever they were. He needed to do something.

"Elizabeth, where are you...?" he spoke, gazing off. Five pokeballs teleported around him as Spence swung around to collect them all in one swipe. His second pokeball belt was attached along his sword's sheath, apart of the black sheath itself. Spence was accustomed to carrying more than one pokemon and breaking the rules away. He had Dragonite and Scyther all this time, right? He smiled to himself.

Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:05 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((ACK. I finally got my net access back D: I am so sorry, everyone!))

"We'll explain on the way, or I'll have Belle explain it to your Pokemon and they can pass it on to you." Nick and I followed our Psychic Pokemon and Champion Larsen out to the docks, where the man withdrew a Pokeball and pressed a button on it to reveal a splendid specimen of an Empoleon. Patting the penguin Pokemon's chest, he explained the task quietly, before the Empoleon slid into the water.

"Alright, Trainers, grab your Pokemon and let's get moving. We don't have time to waste." Malcolm commanded.

"Got it." I picked Amara's Pokeball off my belt, pointing it towards the water-- the Lapras emerged with a graceful cry, extending her head towards me so I could rub around the base of her horn. "Good to see you too, girl. No time to explain, Belle will give you directions, I just need you to follow them."

She cooed and rotated her bulky body so I could climb onto her back, Belle doing a short-range teleport to end up sitting on Amara's head. Nick released a powerful looking Gyarados into the water next to Amara-- I was pleased, but somewhat unsurprised, when the notoriously bad-tempered Pokemon only let out a short roar of greeting to its trainer, eyeing the other Pokemon but making no move towards them.

"C'mon guys, let's get going already." Nick urged as he climbed onto the Gyarados' head.

Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((No problem LM.  Not much happened while you were gone anyway. :p))

"Yeah," I answered Cat.  "It's a good thing I wasn't hit harder.  I had to get some bandages, but nothing too major."  I started to walk over to Nurse Joy, but then a thought came to me.  "Now that you mention it, that Conkeldurr did seem a little sinister.  There was almost a dark glow around it.  Do you think it could have been one of those shadow Pokémon?"  I continued over to Nurse Joy, and received my healed Pokémon from her.

"Good luck with those thieves," she added.

"Thanks."  I made my way over to the PC to rearrange my team, since Champion Larsen had allowed us all to take over the max limit of Pokémon at a time.  I retrieved Asimov and Carolina first, and waited as their Pokéballs materialized next to me.  I decided to take Pompey, my Magcargo, and Brutus, my Hitmontop, and then took out Tesla, the ever-hyper Electrode, as well.  After a last-minute deliberation, I collected Marjorie, my Relicanth, which rounded out my party to double its normal size.

I released everyone into the lobby, filling up a good portion of it.

"Listen up team," I directed.  We're going after a group of criminals who have just attacked the city.  We already know that they are ruthless, and they're not afraid to hurt both people and Pokémon to achieve their cause, whatever it may be."

Carolina whimpered a bit, and Nefertiti offered a ghostly arm to her.  Tesla crackled with energy, and Hopkins chattered to himself quietly.

"I've been authorized to bring all of you along, and I'll need each and every one of you if we're going to succeed."

Brutus kicked his feet in the air, and Dima snorted in excitement.  Pompey spit a little bit of lava out.  Marjorie just sat there blankly.

"So are we going to let these guys get away just because we got a little sidetracked by a jerk and his concrete-wielding brute?"

<No way!> chimed Stephanie.  Lazarus moaned enthusiastically while Asimov cracked his hands together.  Maloc put his claw around me.

"The let's do this!" Everyone seemed pumped and ready to go, albeit Carolina, who was still looking scared.

"Hey," I said, kneeling down to the Roserade.  "I know you're scared.  These people are scary.  But you've got nothing to fear.  You were one of my first Pokémon.  I believe in you.  If anything, I'm afraid for the thieves once you get done with them!  So do you say? Can you do this?"  A nod from Carolina.  "Then good.  Let's get going!"

I noticed Kaitlin walking out the back door.

"You're not going to help?" I asked.

"Why should I do anything to help?  I've got my own things to do," she snapped.  "Besides, you all look like you're fine on your own."

"Well, we don't need you anyway," I responded.

"Good."

"Good."

"Fine."

"Fine."

She steamed out slamming the door behind her.

Just then, Champion Larsen announced that we had better get going.  The trainers all began to get on the backs of their aquatic Pokémon.  The only water type I had was Marjorie, and she wasn't exactly big... or fast.

I recalled everyone into their Pokéballs except for Asimov.  I hopped onto his back as he rose up into the sky, whirling and clicking.  I adjusted my glasses and smoothed my hair back, ready for whatever lay ahead for us.

"I'm ready when you guys are."

Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:30 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((I make post now? I make post now. Sorry Family Guy was on and I felt forced to make a joke. And LM I ran into the similar problem a few days ago. Glad not much happened :) ))

I walked outside with the others as Malcolm released an impressive looking Empoleon. Well I hope I can train Piplup to that level of strength one day. "Hopefully that'll be a day without these thugs around." Agreed.

I looked at the water then at the other trainer's Water Pokemon. "Well I don't think my Slowking would appreciate me strangling him while crossed the open water. Vaporeon should be able to help though." I threw my pokeball and Vaporeon appeared at the water's edge. She shrilled and flicked the water on her with her tail, enjoying the homey environment. She started to fade out of site where the water struck. "The only downside of using Vaporeon is that she likes to disappear in the water." I chuckled lightly.

Slowking will you be swimming as well? "I think it would be wise to. The more available Pokemon, the better. Besides I'm more than sure that I can keep up." I nodded and smiled at him.

I waded into the water and wrapped my arm around Vaporeon and placed my other hand on her fin. I looked at the others, "All ready to go here."

Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((Welcome back LM))

"OK." I replied to Cat.

Soon after we were standing on the docks. I released Claw onto the deck beside me. Once he saw the other Pokemon he emitted a low growl. "If you behave you will get to fight later, OK?" Claw nodded his head. "We are tracking some thieves. All you have to do is follow my directions."

"Craw." He replied as he jumped into the water. I released Monarch into the water beside him. The Kingdra dove under and swam some tight circles.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?" I laughed as he worked off his extra energy. "Quake, Blade let's go." They materialized beside me. "Fortune on Quake, Fury on Blade. Fly around the group. Let me know if you find anything." They nodded and took off, the Staraptor and Flygon heading in opposite directions. After they left I entered the water and held onto Claw.

Last edited by Dare234 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Belle's eyes glowed purple as Kamala's eyes glowed electric-blue-- Amara and Nick's unnamed Gyarados both let out confirmatory cries before starting to swim at a fast but sustainable pace, heading southwest. Malcolm was sitting cross-legged on his Empoleon's back as the big penguin kept pace with us, with Leader Avila perched high and dry on the shell of a Blastoise on his other side.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:08 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Vaporeon began swishing her tail at a steady pace, gaining speed quickly to match the others. Slowking swam through the water with ease, most likely using his psychic powers to help him keep up.

I looked over at Malcolm, "So where exactly are we heading? Being in the open water for so long might attract unwanted attention, especially from wild Pokemon."

Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Malcolm shrugged, looking down at Red. "We're just following the Psychic types. They seem to know where they're going, so we'll leave it to them."

Just then, Belle yowled softly to get my attention-- I looked where she was indicating and spotted what looked like a small volcanic island fast approaching. "The base is there, huh girl?"

"Esp."

"Okay, thanks. Great job." I scratched her behind the ears in reward-- without me needing to give a command, Amara adjusted her course to head straight for the island, Nick's Gyarados swimming alongside her easily.

Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9