It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Pure Shadows-- the story has begun! 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
((
Quote:
"Slowking is telepathetic"
I sincerely hope you meant telepathic because that made me laugh, but anyway, welcome aboard!))

Nick nodded, extending a hand to greet the other male trainers as I scratched Chase's neck, the large dragon letting out a rumbling growl of content. "Yeah, they open up the Colosseums for challenges tomorrow, so they don't want trainers battling today. Gives people a chance to get to know each other."

As Spence hung up, I glanced over at him with a raised eyebrow. "Everything okay?"

Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

OOC: Sorry I didn't make a post when I said I was a few days ago. I was writing something and my computer froze, so I lost my progress on the post. I haven't had a chance to rewrite it since, but I'll be able to do it again after school today.

Also, hey again redt! :D

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Hey man. Thanks LadyMiir, also I fixed the auto-correct haha.))

"GET UP!!"

I jolted up as the all-too-familiar voice rang in my head. I looked over at the impatient looking Slowking. "What was that for?" "We overslept. What a surprise." I jumped out of the bed and began throwing clothes on and packing my bag. "Why didn't Gallade get me up?" Slowking nodded towards a corner chair, where Gallade was snoring softly. I threw my bag at him, startling him into a battle pose. "We overslept. We need to get going."

We scrambled down the corridors of the ship and onto the docks. "Well where do we go from here?" Gallade grabbed and a brouchure and handed it to me. I opened it and scanned it quickly. Looks like the square isn't far from here. That's where the registration is."

As we walked into the square I noticed several registration tents and many trainers walking around. "Glad we're not the only ones left." Slowking scoffed, "Unlike the last tournement..." "Did I ask you?"

We approached a booth with a man and a Bronzong. "Name and Pokedex please. Oh and sir you're not allowed more than one Pokemon outside of their ball." "I'll talk to him." Slowking looked at the man and after a few moments he turned back to me. "Well your Slowking makes a convincible argument. I'll give you a pass to allow two but if you lose it then you're not allowed any outside of their Pokeballs." I nodded and handed him my Pokedex. "My name is Red Feor." The computer beeped as my information was pulled up. "You stopped after you're 8th badge in Hoenn? Odd considering your background in the Pokemon field." I quietly said, " It was for personal reasons." He nodded and handed my stuff back along with a few items. "Well it's your business. Now here's your ID, it will get you into any allowed area and provide for your meals. This is your hotel card and your secondary Pokemon pass. Be sure to put the tie on one of your Pokemon."

I thanked him as I turned to leave. I heard him call out and turned around. "There will also be a ceremony for all trainers in the Volcano Area tonight." "Okay thank you." I began walking around the square, biding my time.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Yeah, you heard her, she just worries about me sometimes," Spence stretched, placing his hands behind his head, "She gets worried a lot, but it was really Cindy's push that made me become a pokemon trainer to begin with, and... Her encouragement that helped me after I was defeated at the Pokemon League." Spence and Cindy had been together for a long time. He knew her so well, but Cindy probably knew him better.

--- Flashback, five years ago...

Spence was working at the docks and making a living, Castelia City. As long as pokemon obeyed you and you were physically fit, a job in the pokemon world was easy to come by.

"Bah, I'm beat!" Spence said, toweling the sweet from his forehead and crashing behind one of the cargo creates. He opened his lunchbox, taking a sandwich to his mouth.

An old man with a mustache called over, "Spence, hey!" Spence's superviser, Greg. He wore work overalls.

"Hey, is it your lunchbreak, too? Or are you just slacking off?" Spence kid, ripping the sandwich with his teeth before taking a bite.

Greg laughed, "Hahaha, very funny. As a matter of fact, the ship's all full here. We're done for today. Thanks for the help."

"That's my job," Spence looked up at him, taking a mouthful, "Thanks by the way for letting me use your pokemon. My pokemon's strength doesn't cut it when it comes to heavy lifting."

"You should consider training your pokemon," Greg told him, standing above, "You call out commands like a pro. You've got talent."

Spence sighed, gazing ahead, "That's what the professor told me... But I'm just not the pokemon trainer type. You know, you could've just ---"

"Huh? Could've just what?" Greg turned to see what Spence was staring at. A beautiful young girl with short brown hair. She was walking along the dock with her Cottonee. Spence's gaze couldn't be lifted. "You should challenge her to a pokemon battle," Greg commented.

"A pokemon battle? Get real..." Spence grinned, finishing his sandwich all cool like.

"Really?" Greg smirked, beginning to turn, taking a pokeball in hand, "In that case ---"

"Not a chance!" Spence jumped up, running over towards the girl.

Greg made a bellowing laugh, "Hahaha, that Spence..."

---

"Hey, I'm Spence!"

"Um, hey! I'm Cindy, and this is Jazz."

"Wow, that's a cool pokemon! I'll show you mine if you want."

"Hehe. Sure, Spence. You're on! Go, Jazz!"

"Snivy, I choose you!"

After their pokemon battle, he gained the courage to ask Cindy for a date. It went well, and she complimented him on how well he battled. They were together ever since. That was, until his brother Isaac appeared.

---

"...There was a time where I didn't want to be a pokemon trainer at all. That life just didn't seem important to me. But I always enjoyed pokemon battles, every chance I had. That's why I'm here and got so far. But there was a certain person I needed to beat... And till this day I've never been able to beat him even once." Spence went on to Cat, gazing among the crowd of trainers. He wondered if that person was here... probably not.

Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Well, good on her." I smiled. "It's always good to have friends and family rooting for you. My brother's back home working with the new batch of starters, but he's also my unofficial team manager. We take care of each other's Pokemon when the other one's out travelling."

Nick motioned to us with a hand. "Come on, guys. I'll show you to the hotel. The rooms are big enough to let out most Pokemon, just don't if you have a Snorlax or something like a Magcargo, hey?" He chuckled, then led the way towards a large, grand-looking building.

~~~~

"Well, this is nice." I had presented my information to the lady at the reception and was given a room on the seventh floor. As Nick has promised, the room was large enough to let out most of my team, and they dispersed to explore, making the most of the few hours we had before the opening ceremony.

((Little timeskip >_>))

Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Here we go...))

"Well hi there, puppy, you're gorgeous now aren't you? Aw, you're just a big softy..." Cat played with Inferno.

The Pokemon purred, rubbing her head against Cat's side. "Haha, well, she certainley likes you. You know, you're pretty good with Pokemon."

As we all approached the registration desks, everyone chose their own and started to register. I walked up to a desk run by a pretty girl in her early twenties and an Alakazam. "Hey," I said.

"Oh, hello! Name and Pokedex, please!"

"Sure thing." I took my Hoenn Pokedex out of my pocket and handed it to the girl. "Seth McGrath."

The girl took my Pokedex. "Thanks!" She gave my Pokedex to her Alakazam, who put it through a scanner, and something appeared on the computer screen. She looked at the screen, then at me again. "Let's see here... You're Seth McGrath, from Hoenn; Rustboro." I nodded, and she continued. "Sixteen Gym Badges. Eigth from Hoenn, eight from Sinnoh. Hoenn League unchallenged, Sinnoh League challenged, but defeated." She read further silently, then raised her eyebrows, impressed from something. "Wow, you're like famous!" she said flirtatiously.

Ugh.. Here we go again... "Yeah, I guess I am. The reason would probably that my battle with Cynthia was so close."

The Alakazam took my Pokedex off the Scanner and tossed it to me using his psychic energy. Tucked inside the Pokedex was a ticket with my name, picture, and other things on it, along with the word 'Gatewater' in large gold text. "Well, thanks, uh..." I glanced at the girl's nametag. "...Nicole."

Nicole giggled. "No problem, hun."

I turned away, and rolled my eyes slightly. Approaching Spence in the middle of the are, I noticed he was talking to someone on his Xtransceiver. I heard a girl's voice. The next thing I new, Spence grabbed me and pulled me in view of the camera. Spence laughed, and said, "Yeah, a few! They're all really strong trainers, and I really look forward to battling them all! Haha."

Spence let me go, and I heard the girl he was talking to sigh and say, "Sorry about my boyfriend... When it comes to battling he just can't help himself."

I walked up next to Spence and looked at the girl. "Hey, it's fine. I mean, it's only been a day and I'm pretty much used to him." I laughed.

I stepped away as Spence continued his call. I looked over and saw Cat talking to a trainer with a Garchomp. I walked up just in time to hear him say his name was Nick, and the Garchomp's name was Chase. I waited until a break in their conversation, then introduced myself.

"Hey, Cat. Just got registered. I'm in Gatewater." I looked at the other trainer. "You said your name was Nick, right? Nice to meet you, I'm Seth."

After talking for a little longer, Nick showed us to Gatewater. Walking in, I showed the ID ticket Nicole's Alakazam gave me to the lady at the desk in the lobby, and she scanned a barcode on the back into a machine.

"Seth, your room's on the sixth floor. You can use this as your room key!" She gave me the ticket back.

I took the elevator to the sixth floor, and swiped the ID Pass to open the door to my room. I found that the inside of the room was huge, so there was enough room to let out my entire team. Talon, Cirrus, Deluge, Shadow, Kilowatt, and Inferno got to roam around my room.

I layed on my bed and relaxed as my Pokemon explored, finding the places they would stay most of the time.

((Whew.. Haha a lot more than I usually type for a catch-up post. But Seth's not doing anything in particular right now, when I post next, I'll try to think of something to do if the story hasn't moved along.))

~Neil Peart

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Once we got to registration I headed to the nearest booth. There was a man with a Xatu at it. "I'll need your Pokedex for a minute please."

"Sure thing. My name is Silas Defena."

He put my Pokedex into the scanner and the screen flashed. "Home town is Mauville City, Hoenn. Eight badges from Sinnoh, league challenged twice. Lost to Cynthia the first time and won the second time. Is that all right?"

"Yes." I replied as I felt the Xatu check my mind to see if I was lying.

"Here is your Pokedex and in here is your ID pass, for food and access, and your hotel information. You're allowed to have one Pokemon out at a time." He said as he handed me my Pokedex and an envelope. Then he pointed to a mountain, "There is a ceremony in the Volcano Arena tonight."

"Ok. Thanks." I said as I turned away. I saw Cat talking to a trainer witha Garchomp. I shuddered at the thought of fighting one after remembering how much damage Cynthia's had caused to my team. I heard him say his name was Nick and shook his hand while introducing himself.

Nick then led us to the hotel, Gatewater. "You're on the third floor." said the receptionist as she handed back my ID pass. I headed up to the third floor and found my room. Once inside I let out my team. Before he could run off I grabbed Claw.

"If you total this room like you did the last one, I will toss you out the window. Understand?" I told him. He nodded and I let him go. I sat down on a chair and pulled out my book, hoping I would be able to concentrate on it through the racket that my team was causing.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

~That evening~

I walked down to the lobby a little early, planning to get some food before the ceremony started, with Hektor out of his Pokeball and accompanying me.

Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((HUUUUUGE catch-up post))

I stepped of the S.S. Archipelago into the bustling streets of Toropikuji Island.  There were Pokemon of every shape and size, with equally unique trainers.  At a quick glance, I noticed an Arcanine, a Garchomp, a Slowking, and many more.  It seemed that people from every region had come here to compete.  I recognized some faces I had read about in the papers, but for the most part, the people were completely new to me.

"Excuse me!" a voice shouted out.  I turned around to see a woman with a uniform on behind a counter.  A Grumpig was sitting next to her.  "Could the next person waiting to be registered for the tournament please step up to the desk please?" she asked.

"I guess that's our cue," I said to Hopkins the Sableye, who was sitting on my shoulder.  He chattered eagerly, and I rushed up to the desk.

"I'm here for the Tournament, and-"
"I'm here for the Tournament, and-"

A girl with frizzy red hair and freckles had ran up beside me.  Her clothes were rumpled, and her bag was partially open, as if it had been hastily packed.  A Weavile stood by her side.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she apologized.  "I had no idea that-" Then she stopped.  Why was she looking at me like that?  Then the metaphorical puzzle pieces came together.

No, it can't be her.  Not after all these years.  I haven't seen her since...

"Fancy meeting you here, Jeremiah," she said, with a bitter tone in her voice.

"Same," I replied, with an equally dissatisfied tone.  "And I thought I'd told you to call me Jeremy."

"I think you'd know by now that you don't always get what you want."  And with that, she stormed out of sight.  Her Weavile growled at Hopkins, who hissed right back, before dashing off after her.

With a sigh, I turned back to the woman an the desk.  "Sorry about that," I apologized.

"Someone you know?" she inquired.

"Let's just leave it at that."  I handed her my Pokédex over the counter.  "Jeremy Martin."

She scanned it in the machine next to her.  "Age seventeen, from Eterna City, completed the Sinnoh Gym Challenge, defeated by Lucian.  That correct?"  I nodded.  The Grumpig at her side's eyes glowed, and I felt it reading my mind.  A few seconds later, it was done.  It motioned to the attendant, who handed me an envelope.  "There you go.  In here's your ID, your hotel lodging, and a couple pamphlets about the Circuit and the island in general."

"Thanks," I said.

"Have a nice day!"

"I'll be lucky if I can now that I know that she's here," I grumbled.  A little pat on my head.  "Thanks for caring Hopkins," I said as I scratched behind his ear, and he went crazy with glee.  A smile crept to my face.  There's no situation he can't brighten with his antics.

"Oh by the way," called the attendant.  "There's an opening ceremony tonight in the Volcano Arena.  Make sure not to miss it!"

"I'll make sure to keep that in mind.  Thanks again," I called back.

Sitting down on a nearby bench, I opened up the packet.  I was registered in the Gatewater Hotel.  According to the map, it was due east a few blocks from here.  Just a short jog.

A few minutes later, I was standing in front of the Gatewater Hotel.  I stepped inti the revolving doors and made my way to the front desk.

"Which floor is room 226 on?" I asked, flashing my ID.

"If you take the elevator to my left to the second floor," gestured the man at the main desk, "then it should be a few rooms down on your right.  Would you like me to send a bellhop for your bags?"

"No thanks," I replied.  I should be able to handle them."

"Alright then.  Have a nice stay here at the Gatewater Hotel, and good luck in the tournament!"

When I arrived at my room, it was a lot bigger than I would have expected.  The ceiling was even high enough for the largest of Pokemon.  Hopkins instantly jumped off my shoulder and found a perfect-sized bed to curl up in.  After releasing the rest of my team, they each all stretched out after being cooped up.

"Make yourselves at home guys," I said.  "This is where we'll be staying for a while."

I tried to relax in a chair, but I was just too nervous about the tournament.  The fact that Kaitlin was now here made it worse.  I tried to read to calm my nerves, but nothing seemed to work.

<I can sense that you are very anticipatory of the tournament, Jeremy.> came the telepathy beside me.  Stephanie, my Gardevoir was hovering next to me.

"Yeah," I replied.

<Just because the one known as Kaitlin is here does not mean this should be a disappointing experience for you.  Try not to dwell on the past.  Who knows?  You may even get a chance to reconcile things with her.>

"I doubt it.  She's so stubborn that I'm surprised she even acknowledged me."  My stomach rumbled in response, which caused a peel of telepathic laughter to ring out.

<I can also sense that you are becoming hungry.> she said, with a grin on her face.

"Good idea," I chuckled in reply.  "I think I'll head down to the cafeteria for a bite before the Volcano Ceremony.   Do you think that you could stay here to watch over the rest of the group?  You're the most responsible of them all, and you know how rambunctious Hopkins gets when there's no one to supervise him."

<Certainly, Jeremy.> she said.

"Come on Maloc," I shouted, who came plodding over.  I opened up the door, and together we strolled to the elevator.

When it reached the lobby, I checked the sign for the way to the cafeteria.  When we went in, it was pretty much empty, except for a girl with long, black hair, and a Lucario next to her.  She looked small, but I could tell that she was older than me, probably somewhere in her early twenties.

"Let's go over and introduce ourselves, Maloc," I said.  "It'll be useful to know at least one person here who doesn't hate my guts."

I walked over to the duo.

"How's it going?  I noticed that Lucario of yours, and figured that you were in the tournament as well.  My name's Jeremy."  I held out my hand to the girl, and waited for a response.

((Figured I should introduce myself to at least someone by now.  Also, welcome back redt!  It'll be good to have you in another RP.  On a side note, nobody get into a scandal in Gatewater, okay? XD))

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<Can I get that?>

Hektor pointed a paw at a packet of jerky in the nearby vending machine-- I handed him a couple notes and watched him work the machine, before turning around when a male voice addressed me.

Quote:
"How's it going? I noticed that Lucario of yours, and figured that you were in the tournament as well. My name's Jeremy."

I shook the outstretched hand with a smile as Hektor approached, jerky in paw, to investigate the young man's Armaldo with a polite bark.

"Yep, we are. I'm Cass Taylor, but everyone calls me Cat, and this is Hektor." I tilted my head at the Armaldo, instinctively sizing up the fossil Pokemon with a breeder's eye. "A Fossil Pokemon, how unusual."

((I'm assuming you recognize the reference in "Gatewater", mwaha. All I can say is... a certain pink somebody needs to stop bouncing before she spills out of her shirt.))

Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Dont worry tt, I'll stay out of trouble. :D))

My team was just about done finding a little spot in my room to hang out in when Shadow approached me.

<Seth.>

I sat up on my bed and looked at him. <Hey, Shadow. What's up?>

<I'm hungry.>

"Oh, ok. I saw a vending machine downstairs, you wanna come with me?" I stood up and went to the door.

<Yes. Let's go.>

Shadow and I walked down the hall and took the elevator back to the first floor. We got out of the elevator and walked into the lobby. I spotted Cat and Hektor talking to a guy with an Armaldo.

I went to the vending machine and got some snacks for Shadow and the rest of my team, then walked over to Cat and the guy.

((I decided to get you and LM acquainted before I said hi, so get going :P))

~Neil Peart

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:05 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence laid out sprawled on the bed of his room. Squishy, his Reuniclus, was floating around the room. Spence wasn't game to let out all of his pokemon, due to most of them tearing the room apart if they had the chance, especially his untamed pokemon he nicknamed Bananas, for good reason.

"This is boring. The tournament doesn't start until tomorrow..." he sighed, "And what of this ceremony? Hopefully it showcases some pokemon and battles to keep me interested."

Spence sat up, "I wonder what everyone else is doing...? I guess they're just as excited as me. Let's go say hi, Squishy." His psychic pokemon agreed silently as they left the door.

Down the hall, Spence wondered where Cat and Seth's room was. Was this it? He knocked on the door. Unknowingly, it was actually Red Feor's room... "It's Spence, anyone there?" Suddenly, a feeling of uneasiness fell upon him. Spence placed a hand behind his back and onto the handle of his sword. "What is this feeling...?" Someone behind the door was approaching it. The Reuniclus felt Spence's nervousness, letting up a invisible Protect at the last minute.

Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

After making myself at home at Gatewater I relaxed in the chair and polished my sword. Gallade was yet again snoozing in the corner while Slowking was writing things down at the desk.

"This will be one of the more interesting tournements you've participated in for sure Red. All the more reason to observe the other trainers and their habits." "Yeah. Hopefully this ceremony will allow us to see some of the trainers battle style, or at least their Pokemon. Even that could help with battling later." Slowking nodded in agreement.

There was a faint knock at the door. Gallade woke and stood by the bed. "Well I wonder if we get complimentary room service as well haha." "It's another trainer and a Psychic type, a fairly strong duo at that. I'll answer it." Slowking walked to the door, still reading the visitors. He opened the door and acknowledged the trainer. I walked over to the door, "Hi. Can I help you with anything?"

Edit:(( I really hate spam bots -_- ))

Last edited by redt on Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I looked over as Seth approached, Shadow the Absol at his side. "Hey guys, how's your room? Mine's surprisingly big, enough for most of my Pokemon to be out of their Pokeballs."

Hektor yipped to Shadow, offering the other Pokemon a piece of jerky politely.

Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:50 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As they finished there conversation, Cat said hello, and told me that her room was also big enough for her entire team.

"Oh, mine too. My entire teams out, but it kind of a squeeze. Haha, they're not the smallest Pokemon." Then, I addressed the other trainer as Hektor gave Shadow a piece of jerkey. "So, is this another trainer?"

~Neil Peart

Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

It was good to see that I was getting a positive reaction out of someone for once.

"Nice to meet you Cat.  And you're right on that part.  Maloc here was my first Pokemon.  I've raised him all the way since he was just a fossil."

As we talked, another trainer walked up.  He looked like he might be around Cat's age.  There was a tough-looking Absol at his side.  As he walked up, he asked if I was another trainer.

"Yeah, I'm competing.  And by the looks of that Absol you are as well.  The name's Jeremy."

His Absol and Hektor began to check each other out.  Finally, Hektor offered him a piece of jerky.  Maloc just quietly stood there and watched the two of them.

"So what do you think is going to happen during the opening ceremony tonight?" I asked, trying to draw up some conversation.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:57 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

A young man with short spiky hair answered the door, as well as his Slowking. Spence and his Reuniclus glanced at each other, sighing in relief. Spence looked to the man, "Sorry, I knocked on the wrong door... Huh." Spence tilted his head, spotting the katana by Red's side, "Interesting sword. I guess I'm not the only trainer who carries a blade," Spence poked his chest with his thumb, "I'm Spence, sorry to have bothered y ---"

Suddenly, loud gunshots blasted from down the hall. Two shots. The barrier of Protect Squishy put up earlier shimmered the bullets into nothing. "Close call!" Spence dropped a sweat, darting around. He saw the shadowy figure who fired at him make a break for it, "Oh no you don't!" he said as he began to chase after him, Reuniclus following from behind.

The figure bounded for a window, smashing into it. Spence ran up to it, looking around outside before jumping out after him. He swung upward onto the roof.

Spence sighed angrily, approaching a cloaked figure upon the roof. Spence drew his large sword, "Who... are you?" the dark figure turned, aiming his firearm handgun towards Spence. He glared.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Just reserving my spot right now. Pm'd Crunchy if he needs help with the bad guy so I call dibs :D ))

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:38 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Okay can I ask what you two are doing, Redt and Crunchy? Not that I'm upset, I just want to know what's going on.))

Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:48 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((It's sorta a way to introduce Red and Spence :P plus the shadowy figure is a character of mine whose yet to introduce himself. I hope it doesn't bother your plot, LM, this sidequest doesn't have to have anything to do with "the whispers of darkness rising", or it could. I haven't thought that far ahead haha.))

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((I wasn't actually planning on starting any of those whispers right away. I'm not entirely happy about this, because it doesn't seem to fit (this is a secure island with hundreds of very powerful trainers around, how the heck did the guy get here, etc). I'd like to tie it in if possible, but I'm not sure how. I need more detail from you.))

Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Just letting everyone know, LM and I have PM'd and sorted it out. Just waiting for redt to post before I can finish up here.))

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As the gunshots rang down the hall and shattered against Spence's Reuniclus' Protect, Gallade jumped to my side. Spence turned and bolted off after the shooter. "I doubt we'd be able to catch up in time to be any help." I nodded, feeling Slowking's worriness press against my mind. "I know someone that can help."

I threw out a Pokeball. A Haunter appeared in the room. He looked around and smiled, placing his hand on Slowking's back. "I really hate this...." Slowking's thoughts became faded as Haunter's consciousness took over. "So what's going on?" "A trainer was just attacked. I want you to find him and the shooter and intervene anyway possible. We'll be there as soon as possible." I hesitated a moment, "But don't go overboard this time." "Of course hehe. I'll be careful this time."

The Haunter snickered as he flew off, phasing through the walls like they weren't even there. "We better hurry." Gallade nodded and all three of us were off towards the direction Spence went.

Haunter flew around the walls and sensed a human presence on the roof, running.....then it stopped. He flew straight up and behind the cloaked figure. He flashed a Night Shade, blinding the area with a flash and then darkness around the person.

We reached the landing on the roof that Spence was on. Looking at the ball of shadow that Haunter created around the assassin I looked at Spence, "Are you okay?"

((I was mildly if-y on what Haunter should of done. Didn't want him to Lick since according to Psydex that "steals the life away from it's victims." Kinda weird but I guessed on what Night Shade would look like.))

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Sorry if I godmod a tiny bit. I was supposed to drag you downstairs. :P))

Spence watched on in awe as the Night Shade consumed its prisoner. He turned to see the man and his loyal pokemon by his side, "Hey, thanks! I didn't quite catch your name...?" The sound of a pokeball opening blew from within the orb of darkness, Spence darting forward to witness it, "That guy! He's a pokemon trainer as well!" The Night Shade was subsiding around the cloaked figure, "He countered your Haunter's attack somehow!"

When the darkness completely sank, the figure laid down his gun. "You... you have allies?!" the sound of a woman. She flipped open her hood revealing beautiful long red hair. Spence gasped. "...When I learned of this tournament, I trained and battled Gym after Gym to get this far... I knew you'd be here!" the young woman yelled, somewhat bloodthrusty. It was scary. There was a hatred in her eyes.

"Wh-what do you mean?! Why did you try to shoot me?!!" Spence yelled in distaught.

"Hmph," she holstered her pistol, "You KNOW what you've done! I'll be back!" her arm lifted, revealing a smoke bomb. She threw it down without hesitation and it exploded on impact, a cloud smoke crashing down on Spence, Red and their pokemon.

Spence coughed, covering his mouth as he waved about the smoke. He could hear her footsteps on the roof tiles, and then she leapt from it. When he could just barely see Red, ready to engage, Spence placed a hand to his shoulder to stop him, "...Don't," he said calmly, shaking his head, "It's okay. I'll let her go for now. I'm sure this is all just some big misunderstanding."

Reuniclus used Psychic, forcing the smog away from their atmosphere. Spence sighed, trying to think back. Why did she seem... so familiar? That red hair... Before he could even consider remembering, he turned to give the man his attention, "Hey, you definitely have some skill. I don't know if you heard me through the door, but the name's Spence," he shook his hand. Fireworks suddenly erupted in the background, lighting the night sky with colour. Spence turned, "Wow, do you think the ceremony's starting soon? Come on, let's go downstairs. Let's keep this to ourselves for now... alright?" Spence looked to Red, giving him a grin.

---

Spence ran down stairs, stopping Cat and some of the others, "Hey guys, I found a friend," he waved over to Red.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Also a minor GM to get this part of the story over with-- massive post inbound!))

I raised an eyebrow as Spence entered, hauling another young man along with him. Is it just me, or are there a lot more males here than females...? No matter.

"Hey guys." I smiled a quick greeting, gesturing to myself and Hektor. "Cat Taylor, and my Lucario, Hektor." I glanced down at my watch, then swore softly under my breath, heading for the door and the crowds of trainers outside. "Come on, we're going to be late for the ceremony!"

~~~~

The stadium-- carved out of a natural volcanic crater-- was packed, Pokemon and Trainers alike filling the stands. At precisely seven pm, the lights dimmed, and a spotlight shone down on the central arena. There was a cloud of smoke, and when it cleared, a tall, lanky man with tousled brown hair and a giant grin was standing on a raised platform in the center, his arm casually draped around the neck of a blue dragon I instantly recognized as a Salamence-- but this one was huge, much larger than my father's Brego. "That must be the Champion, Malcolm Larsen." I heard Nick mutter.

"Rio." Hektor commented softly as the Dragon type roared proudly.

"I know, it looks tough, but if we can beat Brego we can beat this guy." I replied, getting a canine grin in reply and a soft bark of agreement.

The man raised a hand to acknowledge the cheering and applause, before starting to speak, his voice amplified by speakers all around the arena. "Welcome to the Circuit, trainers of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova!" He had to pause after every region name as the trainers from that region cheered thunderously.

"Most of you know me already, I am Circuit Champion Malcolm Larsen, and this is my Salamence, Jormun. Say hi, Jormun." The dragon let out another roar to laughter and cheers.

"Tomorrow, the Circuit Tournament officially begins! Each of the Colosseums has a selection event, set by the Leaders, and this will decide if you are able to challenge this Colosseum in this round. If you do not pass the selection event the first time, not to worry, you can still try again in the second round. Trainers who complete all five Colosseums by the end of the Tournament will have the chance to face me in battle." he explained, stroking the blue scales.

"Now, since I know that most of you are eager to get started with the tournament, we shall conclude tonight's opening ceremony by introducing you to the five Circuit Colosseum leaders!" Malcolm continued.

"First up, Sense Colosseum Leader Valerie Nichols and her Gengar, Spook!" There was an odd purple ripple in the air on the platform, and a woman with black hair appeared out of the ripple, standing next to the humanoid Ghost-type.

"Next we have the ever-knowledgeable Switch Colosseum Leader, Olin Ward, with his Magnezone, Zero!" The hum of magnets filled the air, before the source appeared-- a man with glasses rode into the arena standing atop a Magnezone, holding a book, looking up and casually waving to acknowledge the crowd before returning to his reading.

"The Circuit's resident daredevil and Gale Colosseum's Leader, Cora Hewitt!" The jarring screech made everyone wince-- then a few female trainers screamed as what appeared to be a blonde woman freefalled through the air. I reacted with an instinctive lunge forward, groping for my Charizard's Pokeball-- then cringed as the screech rang out, a huge gray body diving after to snatch her up and gently place her on the ground, before the large Pokemon folded its wings neatly and landed beside the woman, looking very pleased with itself. "And her Aerodactyl, Crash!"

Nick whistled softly. "A fossil Pokemon. Most impressive."

In the arena, Malcolm continued his introductions. "Our master strategist, Tactics Colosseum Leader Rafael Avila, and his Tyranitar, Jira!" A Mediterranean-looking man with black eyes and a mischievous smile bounded into the arena, tossing a Pokeball to the floor and releasing an enormous green lizard-like Pokemon, which greeted the Salamence with a deep roar.

"And last but certainly not least, Luck Colosseum Leader Joseph Choi, with his Pidgeot, Petra!" This time, the screech was less jarring, as a cream-and-tan bird shot into the arena at remarkable speeds, doing a series of intricate aerobatics before coming in for a smooth landing and allowing its trainer-- a nondescript Oriental man-- to climb off and wave a bit shyly to the large crowd.

Malcolm patted Jormun's neck-- the dragon let out another roar, then released a jet of electric-blue flames straight upwards. "The Tournament has officially begun!" Malcolm shouted, resorting to raising his voice as the crowd nearly drowned him out even with the speakers. "Good luck, Trainers, battle hard and with honor!"

He flung something to the ground-- there was a blinding flash of light, and when it cleared, all six Leaders and their Pokemon were gone.

Last edited by LadyMiir on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next