It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 PokeMorphs RP 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It was clear to everyone involved that Leo was under a sugar rush in the next few moments...

Leo licked his syrup covered plate up and down as Axel walked in and talked about today's goals. Leo dropped the plate onto the bench and crossed his arms. "...So that's what you guys were talking about when I was away, huh?" the next few passages he spoke quickly, seemingly without breath, Well, I'd say we should just go in and flatten her head on, but I guess you guys would be against that, right? Figures... Well, anyway. Cass and I impersonated my sister back at New Bark, but that won't work again in Violet City, where probably Beth's widenly known as well. I dunno. Axel's got it down pat; we should investigate the goings-on first, and then plan accordingly. Blahblahblah."

Leo smiled, getting up with a burp as he screeched his chair in and proceeded to walk to the front door, "I'm going on ahead! Violet City is just North-West of here... Oh!" Leo walked backward, taking the money he earned and throwing half of it on the bench, shoving what was left in his own pockets, "We didn't runaway and fight those powerful pokemon for nothing. The city's gate asks for a fee in exchange for a pass into the city. It's been that way ever since Catherine became governer. Freeloaders like ourselves wouldn't get in incognito without it. As long as we keep our heads down and pay to get in, they won't ask any questions. If they do, find another way into the city. Well, hope I helped."

Leo scretched out as he went outside, gazing upward to the sky. Today he was going to find Catherine and destroy her. Johto was his home region, and the governer alone was a cancer that was killing it and the remaining pokemon who lived here --- besides and let alone Elemental as a whole. Defeating Catherine meant getting his region back, in a sense. He turned back to the safehouse, wondering if he should wait for the others or not... Yeah, I better, he thought. He tapped his foot impatiently as he turned his back to the others. What was taking them so long.

"Hurry up! Get your butts moving!!"

---

While everyone was getting ready, Leo's sugar rush had ended. He swayed left and right like a little kid waiting for his parents to take him to the park or something. However, unlike Axel, Leo didn't consider the group like a family. They were people he admired, for sure, but nobody who could replace the memories of his parents and his sister. He somehow wished he could. As he looked around the open for one last time, he spotted a blurry blue figure in the distance by a large old tree. He squinted curiously, walking over towards it.

As he approached the figure, it spoke as it tried to read something dug into the bark of the tree, <...Please, could you read this outloud to me?> Was this... telepathy?

Leo paused, looking at the blue and black figure closely. It was a blue jackel looking pokemon with spikes pretuding from its arms. The pokemon stood upright, and communicated like it was a human. It stood adrift over a certain memorial Leo missed the first time yesterday. Leo stood next to the pokemon, looking at a carving made by a knife of some sort. Leo's eyes saddened.

Bill
Pokemon Researcher, Inventor
Benefactor to Humanity

Katya
Daughter of Chrono
Gave her life for another

You will be missed.
RIP

The spiked-chested pokemon turned, <So, can you make it out for me?>

Leo shook his head, his head falling with a frown, "...It's nothing. Just two people we couldn't protect and had to leave behind. Katya died in our last battle together, but whoever wrote this is wrong; the old man isn't dead. Axel or someone else must have carved this when I was with Cass."

The pokemon tilted his head, <The old man isn't dead? But if this is a memorial, then isn't he? How can you be certain he isn't?>

Leo looked up to the tree's branches, "...Because, somehow, deep down inside, I know he isn't... It's hard to explain." The pokemon smirked, nodding his head. Leo turned towards the mysterious pokemon, "You're a Lucario, aren't you? You're pretty rare, especially in this region. If a trainer usually spotted one of you guys, that trainer would be in the Sinnoh region. Are you lost or something?"

The Lucario laughed, <Well, you are correct about that. I am a Lucario, but I'm not lost.> Leo's face became puzzled as the Lucario turned away. Was this pokemon...? Leo went to place his hand on the pokemon's shoulder when suddenly the pokemon turned, striking him to the ground as it snarled, <Don't touch me!!>

Leo gasped, staggering away, "Why did you---?! I don't get it! What's wrong?!"

<You're heart... That dark pokemon that's inside you... It's...> Suddenly, the pokemon faded away, almost uncontrollably as it held itself back. The Lucario vanished from Leo's sight and senses.

Astonished, Leo got himself up, looking all over for the pokemon. But it was gone. Leo sighed sadly, holding a hand to his heart as the dark dragon roared from within him. The Lucario... it seemed... familiar somehow... like the dragon... but different... Beth... Was this pokemon connected to her...? Was this pokemon once Elizabeth's Guardian?!

Leo turned, jumping as he saw the others finally outside. Leo acted like nothing happened, turning back on the memorial in a hidden despair.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:04 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

When I got around to taking some pancakes and putting some syrup on them, Axel walked in the room. He took some breakfast for himself and began to talk about what we were going to try to do today. After he finished, Cat said that are faces are probably all over wanted posters. "Yeah, they must be by now. I mean, the battle at Viridian wasn't exactly subtle."

Once I finished my pancakes, I noticed Leo licking his plate. Then, he stood up and said about two and a half minute's worth of words in roughly 30 seconds, and went outside.

About a minute or two went by until everyone went outside, and Leo came over from Bill and Katya's memorial, which he was probably looking at. He had a strange kind of look on his face, and it was obvious he was trying to hide something. I decided to worry about it later.

"So, we're heading to Violet City, right?"

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:58 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
I heard an all-too-familiar snarl and my head jerked up. That's--

Hoping I hadn't mistaken the species, I bolted outside, only to find Leo alone, staring at a memorial. Damn it. "That's new." I muttered softly as I walked over to rest a hand on the boy's shoulder gently, still straining to see if I could hear the Pokemon... but nothing.

"Yeah. Violet, then down through Union Cave and into Azalea, then Ilex Forest."

Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:05 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((yippie posts!))

Leo looked back at the memorial with Cass for the last time, "...Yeah," he gazed down, wondering if Cass heard the commotion. Her inner ears and pokemon senses were better than anybody's, but Leo seeing and hearing ghosts didn't make hardly any sense. The dragon, Cynda, and now this Lucario... He turned to Seth, "Yes, for the last time," he smiled faintly to him, rolling his shoulder from Cass's grasp as he walked through the group, "Let's get a move on already. We'll use the path Cass and I went through after Dark Cave. It should be easier."

---

((time skip to help the roleplay along... hope you like the small pokemon game reference...))

"Damn trees!" Leo morphed into Bulba, using Cut to strike the tree down. He sighed, morphing back with arms shrugged, "These trees are everywhere... The moment you forget about them they just block your path again. What a nuisance..."

---

It was when they were approaching the gate into Violet City that the ghost of Lucario appeared walking alongside Leo. Before Leo noticed him... <So, you're going to Ilex, right?> Leo jumped in a startle, sighing angerily in a pout afterward. Leo turned away, arms crossed and in a foul mood. The Lucario laughed, <Haha... Sorry. I guess you're not quite used to us yet?>

"It'd be great if you didn't just appear as you pleased..." he mumbled, talking so the others couldn't hear him.

<Well, next time, you can call me. I won't be too far away.>

"Great..." Leo looked around, making sure nobody was watching him as he whispered, "...Because I have a load of questions, but right now isn't the best time."

<I suppose you're right...> the Lucario looked around the group of humans Leo was with, giving a grin, <They don't look half bad, and they're auras are all strong as well.>

"So, what? Nobody else can see you?"

<I don't think so, at least not yet. If they used your gadget you have tucked under your shirt they could. Or if they changed into a pokemon that could sense me... Especially the senses of a Ghost Pokemon...>

"That's weird... No wonder I could've sworn Cass heard you... Nevermind. Look, about earlier. What freaked you out?"

The Lucario gazed into the distance, the pokemon reminiscing his past, <...Midnight... The pokemon who rests inside you... He and I are unlike.> He spoke.

Leo blew up, "WHAT?! YOU KNOW MIDNIGHT?!!! TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!!!" Suddenly, the Lucario vanished. Leo darted around, sighing. Did he... scare him off? Suddenly, he realised. Leo turned to the group, who were obviously worried about his sanity. To them, he was screaming at thin air. Leo chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his head, "Hahahaha... Err, sorry about that. I just I haven't yelled in awhile and thought I might let bottled stuff out, ya know? Better out than in I say! Anyway...!!" Leo marched outwards.

---

Finally, the group reached the entrance, the East gate of Violet City. Leo turned, "Now, remember what I said at the safehouse and we should be fine. Heads ---- down!! Cassie, Seth... You guys should at least use your Ghost pokemorphs to do a little spying for us, whaddasay?" He turned back, taking a big breath before entering through the walkway. He walked up to the bench and wacked his fee on the table, the money which half of it he gave to the others, gulping as he kept his head down. From the other side, the guard yawned, waving a hand for him to proceed as he tiredily leaned back in his chair.

"Go on, away with ya..." he yawned again under his security cap. He sounded impatient. He must have been a lazy oaf. Score.

Leo nodded big, "Thanks!" he smirked, whistling suspiciously as he walked through.

"Yeah, yeah... Damn kids. Hey, you lot outside!" he leant up, shouting, "Hurry the poke-heck up! I don't have all day and I want to catch some Zs! Pay or hit the road!"

((For whoever checks out the mansion first using Ghost Pokemon or overhears info outside around Violet City. I figured out a good way to get us in unless you guys have another idea. Catherine ordered new pokemon from Elemental for the "Play Pin". We sneak into the cargo (most probably a truck) while taking out the actual Play Pin pokemon that were ordered. The truck cruises through the mansion gates. Success!!))

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:42 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Everybody with "cute" or "beautiful" morphs can do that. Otherwise, go Ghost. Or collect information outside. Also, I'm on Fall Break now, so I should be able to post regularly for about half a week. I'll just pick up where we are now...))

The guard started yelling at us. I shrugged, then walked right by him, hunching my shoulders. I glared at the guard as a I went through; he quailed slightly, unused to people defying him. I reached the other side, and went to stand by Leo. He'd been acting awfully strange today; yelling at things that weren't there, muttering to himself. But if I brought it up, I also knew that Leo would probably take offense to any claims of insanity, and would shrug anything else off. So I let it slide... for now.

Violet City was bustling with life. People went about their business, hawking street wares, or just walking. The buildings were relatively clean, and there wasn't that imminent feeling of an axe about to fall. Part of it was the lack of cops... but the biggest difference was the lack of street urchins. A good portion of our group was orphans and/or runaways. Vincent was the sole exception, as a former Elemental grunt who'd been betrayed. I forced myself to remember that this was Elemental territory, and not to get carried off with how this was so much better than Kanto.

I walked over to a nearby shop with a glass display while waiting for the others to come through the gate. There was a poster on the front, depicting Catherine in an elegant dress. It read as follows:

Catherine Dalliance III is beautiful.

Catherine Dalliance III is powerful.

But most of all, Catherine Dalliance III is kind.

Support Catherine with your kindly donations at your local Elemental center today.

I blanched. How could a Governess be kind? It was clearly propaganda. But the worst thing was, I could see people walking around with clothing and hairstyles that mimicked hers; if I listened in on conversations, where Catherine was mentioned, it was never with hostility. How was this possible?

Glancing around furtively, I took down the poster, folded it up, and put it in my pocket. We needed to see if people actually believed this garbage or not. But it could wait till later.

Everyone had made it through the gate safely. I waved everyone together. "Well, I guess we should get going, then! Info that Chrono sent us earlier said that it should be on the northern side of town..."

((like i said, we'll go with Crunchy's idea. Also, I hadn't been planning on going to Ilex on this trip, but if you guys insist on it, we can go ahead and do it now.))

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:34 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((You mean "Play pen", right? Or am I missing something?))

I could feel it, something in the air which I hadn't sensed for a very long time... not since the last time I'd seen my father's Lucario, Achilles. The Pokemon had been killed while attempting to defend my family... As Leo talked about going Ghost, I leaned in and whispered, "Something's around here, and I'm not sure what it is. Feels like a strong Psychic... or something of the Lucario line."

Cutting that traitorous thought off-- it couldn't be Achilles' ghost, not so far from home-- I concentrated on the cold sense in the back of my mind, reaching for the Froslass, who came willingly. What felt like a wave of ice passed through my body-- and when I opened my eyes, I was in my new form, watching the rest of the group with big yellow eyes.

<That's odd. Leo, your body is... you've got this weird aura around you, it's dark, and there's also a blue trace...>

((The blue is the Lucario's link to Leo, btw))

Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Yeah, I think that's just a typo :p ))

I looked around. "So, uh, we should get rolling, right?" Cassie and Leo were having an odd moment; maybe something to do with Leo's strangeness earlier. I shrugged.

((waw waw, not much to add here...))

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I nodded my ghostly head, then concentrated and faded away, floating towards the city, going unseen except for a tiny chill that humans felt when I was around. There were some official-looking men in an office, working on a checklist-- I floated closer to try and listen.

"... huge cost, some of them are really hard to find..." one whined.

"It's what the Lady wants, she wants these Pokemon specifically for her newest project, and they're to be delivered by tomorrow." the other one snapped. "Now shut up and get to work, or she might feed you to her Delcatty."

The first man grumbled, but started making a phone call-- I floated closer to read the list, and frowned.

Gardevoir, Ninetales, Bellossom, Milotic...There's no pattern in types... but physiologically...

I thought for a moment, then realized I had the pattern, and faded away, heading back to the group as quickly as I could.

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:09 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Yep, that was a typo.))

<That's odd. Leo, your body is... you've got this weird aura around you, it's dark, and there's also a blue trace...>

"Yeah..." Leo gazed down, "About that... A lot of strange things have been happening to me lately... But, I dunno. I never really got the courage to tell you guys about it... The dark aura, and the blue aura you were talking about? They're two different pokemon. The dark one's... And the blue one's..." Leo glanced up for a moment mid-sentence, spying a truck driving passed, "Hey, what's that?" Pokemon Service, it read, and the cries of many different pokemon were heard inside it.

Leo jumped, "Hey! That's the truck heading into the complex, right?! Crap! Somebody stop it!! That's our way in!!"

Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:12 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cat went in to the complex before me, so I was there when the truck went by.

"Hey! That's the truck heading into the complex, right?! Crap! Somebody stop it!! That's our way in!!" Leo cried.

"Got it." I said. I morphed into Gengar and used psychic energy and slowed the truck enough that the driver wouldn't notice, but the group could still catch up and open the door to the back. "Quick, get it. I don't know if Cat can handle security alone or not if she's caught." I continued holding the truck. "We'll see you guys inside. If you need help, morph and broadcast the message."

~Neil Peart

Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:09 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((she doesn't want Gengar, so just pretend you're invisible :o ))

A truck went by, heading towards the compound. Seth stopped it, then opened the doors. I circled around to the front, and surreptitiously looked inside. The driver was trying to mash down on the gas pedal, wondering why his car wasn't moving. He would get out soon to check why it wasn't working; I had to do something.

Phanpy was the perfect morph for this job. As soon as I became the small blue Pokemon, I walked underneath the huge truck. I started using my trunk to pull various wires and hoses out of place, giving the driver something to look at and repair while we loaded into the back.

Ambling back around to the open doors, I quietly hopped inside. There were pens containing Pokemon, cute and cuddly, much like Phanpy. All of them had collars or ID tags. But towards the cab, there were some large crates that occasionally shook as the Pokemon inside tried to bust out. One of them was leaking water. Those must be Catherine's battling Pokemon...

I found another Phanpy in one of the pens, demorphed, and carried it to the edge of the truck. It hopped out of my hands and started sprinting towards a nearby forest. Fortunately, I had gotten ahold of its collar. I quickly remorphed, then used my trunk to reattach it around my neck. As I settled down into the pen, I was wondering how long this was going to take....

------------

Joseph woke up, startled at his surroundings. He was in a forest; but why? Then it all started to come back to him; he'd been hunting those kids, when some Pokemon attacked him. Joseph looked around warily - where were those Pokemon at?

But there was no trace of them. He had just been, basically, asleep in a forest. Joseph checked his pockets. Damn. There were no guns, no bullets, no supplies. Someone or something had taken them all. Joseph got to his feet, picked a direction, and started trudging along.

((Joseph will eventually be captured, but he's going to harass us some more before that happens.))

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:19 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Could Catherine have a Lilligant?  That's a pretty cute but powerful Pokemon.  I use one. ;) ))

After Seth had stopped the truck with Psychic, Axel began to pull out some wires from underneath the engine as Phampy.  As for getting to the mansion, he and Leo could hide in the back, and Seth and Cat had their Ghost types, but what did I have?  I heard a click as the front door of the truck opened and the driver stepped out.

"You guys go ahead," I whispered. "I'll catch up later."  I closed the back doors as quietly as I could and dashed for the bushes.

"Damn kid!" the crotchety old driver yelled.  "Now I'll be late for Miss Catherine!". He mumbled some angry words as he re-attached the wire underneath the truck.  After a few seconds, he got back up.  "Haha, he didn't even do any damage.  Just detached a simple wire.  Some vandal." He slowly got back up into the truck, turned the ignition and started back on his way.

I've got to follow them somehow, I thought.  I decided to morph into Beheeyem and follow along from above.  Teleporting just enough behind the truck to avoid detection, I watched as the vehicle drew up to a huge set of gates which led to a mansion of incredible size...

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Lilligant, Gardevoir, Milotic, uh... Ninetales. I can't remember what else we decided on for her battling team D: but those four for sure.))

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As Axel caused an excuse for my psychic energy by pulling wires, Jeremy took the blame from the truck driver. I decided to go help Cat in the mansion, or at least get in and try to do something.

I started teleporting in short distances until I got to the outside of the mansion, then realized that I'd traveled a rediculous amount faster then the truck. I closed my eyes and focused on becoming almost completely nonexistant, then braced myself and walked straight through the wall. As soon as I finished walking through the wall, I lost my focus. <Ok, that was really cool.> I thought.

Hearing a few men talking from a couple feet away, my heart, if Gengar had one, skipped a beat. Quickly picturing myself as completely invisible to the human eye, I saw my body fade away to nothing, but I was still there. It was a lot easier then going transparent, so I had no trouble maintaining my invisibility.

The enchanced senses Gengar had suddenly picked up something to my left. I looked over and saw nothing at first, but after a few seconds, the fact that we were both ghosts caused me to see the faint image of a Frosslass floating quickly back from where we came from. <Cat! It's Seth; I'm over to your left. I wouldn't go back, the group's making their way over here right now on a truck loaded with Catherine's Pokemon. We better find where that truck unloads fast, or Elemental is going to open the back and find the 'Kids on the Wanted Posters'.>

((I know this isn't really relevent to Pokemorphs, but how long has it been since the Admins changed the Pokemon on the main site to Mismagius? I feel like I'm the last one to notice...:shock:))

~Neil Peart

Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Weren't Bellossom and Espeon on the list?))

<Got it.> I went invisible, drifting into the truck's cab, careful not to touch the men for fear of letting them know where I was. After listening to the conversation, I focused and sent a quick mental image of what I'd just heard to the others.

<They're unloading the Pokemon in Catherine's gardens. She's building some kind of... play pen, if what I heard was correct. What on earth is she doing...?>

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Yeah, I think they were.))

Cat floated away and then sent a message of where the truck would be unloading.

<They're unloading the Pokemon in Catherine's gardens. She's building some kind of... play pen, if what I heard was correct. What on earth is she doing...?> Was the message.

<Honestly, I don't know, and I don't know if I want to.> I replied. <Anyway, we better find Catherine's gardens. I'm guessing in would be somewhere in the backyard area, but who knows, this place could have a courtyard in the middle of the house or something.>

~Neil Peart

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<If one of you keeps a trace on Axel and me, we should find it without trouble. Axel's in the back of the truck, and I'm hanging out in the driver's area. No big deal.>

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<Ok, sounds good.>

I concentrated on Cat's location using the connection that we were both ghosts. Sure enough, I eventually pinpointed their location and started teleporting to the truck.

~Neil Peart

Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:43 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((I knew there was an Eeveelution, but I wasn't sure which one D: . Bellossom I wasn't sure if we should keep, since Lilligant is so similar, and I definitely want to put her in. But redundancy should be okay... right?))

The van came to a halt. Cassie sent me a message saying that we had arrived. <Okay. I guess we can just see if Catherine shows up to play with her new arrivals...> It took awhile for the driver to start unloading the crates and pens; he grumbled about the broken lines the whole time.

Eventually, he picked me up and passed me indoors. A servant carried me down a long hallway, then into a large room. It was furnished with beautiful and fragrant flowers everywhere; the roof was painted in bright, sunny colors. On one side, there was a large waterfall and pool. If we hadn't been in the lair of a monster, I would have enjoyed being here. As is, I was put down on the floor and kicked non-too-gently towards the other Pokemon.

There was a feeling of terror amongst the Pokemon. Most were of the cute or beautful variety; Bellossom, Eevee, Delcatty, Cherrim, and Minccino. But none of them were happy, as they had all been pulled from carefully hidden-away homes to be brought to a strange new place. I tried to go up to some of them, but they shied away... This would be tough.

Then Catherine entered, and I found myself wondering if I was about to be discovered. A thrill of terror mixed with adrenaline rushed through my body.

<Guys, Catherine just got to the play-area for the Pokemon. Just letting you know...>

((more to come later :O ))

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Lilligant works too.))

<I see you, Axel.> With some careful hiding, I had concealed myself successfully in the large indoor waterfall, where a stray glint of a yellow eye could be chalked up to water's refraction of the lights above. <Don't look, but I'm hiding in the waterfall.>

Then I felt it-- a strange human entering the room, accompanied by a spike of fear from the small Pokemon around us. <Uh-oh...>

Axel confirmed my suspicions, and I tensed, the cold sharpening within me, feeling like knives. <Try and stay close to the waterfall, that way I can cover you if things go bad...>

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:12 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Leo made the quick decision to go along with Axel, morphing into Cyndaquil as the morph was the newest.

Leo glanced around the play area, spying all the other pokemon. He felt like playing, but knew keeping close to Axel was probably the best thing to do.

Suddenly, Catherine entered. Leo's whole body struggled to keep his Flamethrower at bay. The dragon inside bellowed and roared for his revenge, and the fight was almost up... Leo couldn't keep it together... Suddenly.

<No, don't it!!>

<Huh?!>

The Lucario appeared, guarding the tiny Cyndaquil, <Don't give in to your lust for revenge!! I'll hold it back!!>

<What?! Ow!> Leo could feel the two spirits fighting amongst each other. The dark one and the blue... Within seconds, the Lucario won victoriously.

<Whew... That was a close match...> he said tiredly, fading away again.

Back to normal again, Leo jumped, <Hey, wait! Are you okay?!>

<Yeah, just give me a... few minutes...> the Lucario grinned, vanishing. Leo frowned, shaking his head as he prepared for whatever was to come next. Catherine... What was she about anyway?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The feeling of dread grew inside me. I wasn't sure if it was my emotions, or those of the group's, or those of the Pokemon'; but it was a real feeling, associated with the arrival of Catherine. I steeled myself, ready to morph out or attack at any moment. Cassie said that she was in a position ready to cover us, while Leo seemed to be fighting the urge not to charge.

Catherine bent down in front of a Skitty, holding out her hand. It cowered at first, keeping away from the foreign object invading its private area; but as Catherine persisted, the Skitty gradually came around, and went near Catherine. Soon enough, it was eating right out of her hand. If this was the power of influence she exerted, Catherine's powers were prodigious. We would need to keep an eye out for that.

<Guys, I don't think we'll need to attack - yet. She seems to be here simply to see if all of the Pokemon made it here okay.> The thought was odd; how could she even care about Pokemon, in any way, shape, or form?

She turned to the truck driver and delivery person. "I trust that there were no issues? After all, my darling new pets must all be undamaged... especially if I am to groom them for battle, as I have planned."

The driver nodded. "There was a minor malfunction just before the gates, but it was an easy fix. A couple of loose wires, probably caused by the unexpected weight of the Pokemon." He shrugged. "Other than that, nothing went wrong. Incredibly simple."

"Excellent. And I trust that my... special orders were also fine?" She raised an eyebrow. It wasn't an amiable expression; rather, it accentuated the coldness in her eyes, her willingness to kill him if she was displeased.

He ran a hand through his hair. "Yeah, but for such beautiful creatures, they sure are violent. I lost two men on the Milotic; and that Lilligant's a piece of work, too. Poison isn't a fun way to die, it would seem."

Catherine's eyes glinted with sadistic pleasure. "Well, I'm sure they will do just fine. Dismissed." She waved a hand, and the men left. A short while later, after inspecting more of the Pokemon, she left as well.

I breathed a sigh of relief. <So, what do you guys think? Stick around for a while, or go snooping?>

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:52 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Leo sighed the same breath of relief Axel did, turning back to the Phanpy, <Yeah, let's find a way outta here.> He turned back, glaring at the Skitty, <That lady gives me the creeps... I don't know how that Skitty even had the courage... And the way she eyeballed those guys... Way too freaky. This lady... She's definitely the same as Farquahar. You can just feel it. No doubt about it.>

Catherine was definitely terrifying, even more so than Cass and Beth put together. She was someone to watch out for. Those powerful pokemon she was speaking of... Would they be pokemon they would have to defeat? Even so, this was the perfect chance to learn more about her and Elemental. Snooping around as Axel suggested was a great idea.

<Alright, I'm going through!> The Cyndaquil ran up and belted the door down with a tackle, slamming the door from it's hinges and to the hall's floor. Leo turned, <You guys coming?!> The pokemon backed away, shaking their heads. Were they scared? What happened to pokemon who broke free? Leo frowned, sighing before taking off. There had to be something here. But what?

Suddenly, as Leo ran passed, a haunting picture caught his surprise. A giant painting of two people standing side by side... Catherine and... FARQUAHAR?!!! <What the heck?! What's going on?!!> Leo yelled in shock.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:25 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

After Catherine had left, I hovered down from my hiding place in the tree. I couldn't understand why the Pokemon were so trusting of Catherine. Didn't they know who she was?

Axel asked if we should go looking around, and Leo immediately agreed, tackling down a door. <Way to be conspicuous Leo.> I took a glance around the playpen and noticed a grate on the side of the wall. The air vents! <Guys,> I said. <I'm going to go through the air vents and see what I can find.> ((No one follow me :p)) I levitated back up to the air vent and removed it with a Psychic. I was able to fit in, since Beheeyem isn't that big of a Pokemon. Once I was in, I reattached the grate behind me and set off.

The air-conditioning in this house must be about five miles in combined length! It seems like I'm getting nowhere fast... But suddenly, as I turned a corner, I was met with another grate. Light was coming out from behind it, so I cautiously opened this one too. I found myself in a bedroom of enormous size. This thing's bigger than my parent's entire lab... well, before it got destroyed of course.... I demorphed, and landed on the floor silently. Looking around, I began to realize where I was- Catherine's bedroom.

Out of the corner of my eye, I caught a Delcatty lying on her bed, sound asleep. Damn it! I have to be completely quiet or else it will- CREEEEEAAAKK! Wow. Catherine can afford this mansion but can't get floorboards that don't squeak?. The Delcatty's eyes flicked open and it jumped to attention. "Nice kitty, nice kitty," I calmingly said. It wasn't a nice kitty. The Delcatty jumped at me and began to furiously scratch my face. The pain! The pain! That thing's claws must be regularly sharpened! I reached out to shove away the Pokemon, since it--

--brought up as a baby Skitty by her Master's personal attendants--

--enjoyed the lap of luxury all her life, never once seeing the outside world--

--is her Master's closest companion, whom she will never betray--

--wait, did I just acquire it? Delcatty wasn't ever really one of my top choices, but, I guess it will do. The Pokemon was now unconscious, laying on the ground. I found some cloth and gagged it so that it couldn't move once it awoke. I stood up, and-
Suddenly the door to the bedroom opened, and I dove behind the bed, willing with all my might to morph into Delcatty, seriously hoping that I had acquired it for real...

Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As soon as Catherine left the room, I willed myself to become visible. <Damn, that lady is definitely evil.> When I saw her before, she reminded me of Leo's sister, since she was pretty, but gave off an evil vibe. The only difference between Catherine and Elizabeth was that Catherines evil vibe was roughly 50 times stronger.

Axel asked if we should stay put or go snooping. Leo said we should leave, and then proved his point by knocking the door onto the floor.

<Way to be conspicuous, Leo.> Jeremy said. I completely agreed with him.

<I agree with Leo, we should probably get moving. Staying here won't really do us any good.> I started to walk out of the room, but then Catherine's Pokemon entered my mind for a second, which gave me an idea. <Wait,> I said. <Let's try this first.>

I walked up to the Skitty that Catherine interacted with, and tried to communicate with it. <Hello, Skitty. Uh, how are you?> I got nothing in response. About to give it up, I remembered that real Pokemon aren't Pokemorphs, which led me to try something else. Turning back the Skitty, I repeated myself, except this time, I spoke out loud. Even though what came out of my mouth was, "Gen, Gengar. Gengar Gen Gengar?" I knew I'd said the right thing.

The Skitty studied me, and for a second I believed we couldn't communicate with regular Pokemon. But then, the Skitty spoke. "Skitty Skitty. Skitt Skitt Skitty, Skitty Skitt Skitty Skitt Skitty Skitty." Gengar's mind instantly translated it: "Oh, hello. I'm not too well, I know that lady wasn't a good person."

Before responding to the Skitty, I talked to the group. <You guys heard that too right? Haha this is great! We can talk to regular Pokemon!> Now shifting my attention back to the Skitty, I replied using Pokemon language, "That's for sure. Our group is planning to take her down. You and the other Pokemon can come too, it'd be nice to have some backup."

I looked at the Skitty as she thought, waiting for her response.

((Rex, if you didn't want me to do the whole 'talk to regular Pokemon thing', then I can get rid of it. If you're going to keep it, then I think anyone can control regular Pokemon, and when we communicate verbally in our morphs, we should put them in brackets. []))

~Neil Peart

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next